Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sheabutter

VIP Member
The Perfume Shop are doing one this year!
I read about it earlier. It's a mixed gender one: I think there are 4 men's fragrances and the rest women's, and it's £80. Online only, available early November I believe.
Felt like adding info to this 🙂

What is inside The Perfume Shop’s advent calendar?

• Carolina Herrera Good Girl EDP 7ml
  • Classic Travalo
  • DKNY Be Delicious EDP 7ml
  • Estée Lauder Beautiful Belle EDP 4ml
  • Estée Lauder Beautiful Magnolia EDP 4ml
  • Hugo Boss Boss Bottled EDT 5ml
  • Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle EDP 6ml
  • Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT 7ml
  • Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal for Him EDT 10ml
  • Jean Paul Gaultier So Scandal! EDP 6ml
  • Marc Jacobs Daisy EDT 4ml
  • Moschino Toy 2 Bubblegum EDT 5ml
  • Moschino ToyBoy EDP 5ml
  • Paco Rabanne 1 Million EDT 5ml
  • Paco Rabanne 1 Million Parfum 5ml
  • Paco Rabanne Invictus Victory EDP Extreme 5ml
  • Paco Rabanne Lady Million EDP 5ml
  • Paco Rabanne Olympéa Blossom EDP 6ml
  • Paco Rabanne Phantom EDT 5ml
  • Ralph Lauren Ralph's Club EDP 4ml
  • Tommy Hilfiger Impact Intense EDP 4ml
  • Versace Dylan Blue EDT 5ml
  • Versace Dylan Turquoise EDT 5ml
  • Versace Eros EDT 5ml

• Heart
Reactions: 6

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I’ve just blind bought the DKNY Coconut one as it was quite cheap for 50ml. I’ll let you be achy lovers know what it’s like.

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
Just ordered red vanilla so will let you know how I get on with it. I never get chance to smell zara perfumes but I’ve heard so many customers say how amazing they are as dupes! And fairly cheap too

I get double discount at work next week and I’m planning on buying another Black Opium as I ran out a few months back. Being put on fragrance 8 hours a day is a dangerous game I just spend all day smelling new perfumes! 😂 Also managed to pick up prada candy for £3 as we did a macmillan sale for staff! All unused testers and old packaging perfume was put out for £3 each 😍 I am stocked up on everything you can think of hahah. This is your sign to get a job at Boots

• Wow
My favourite is Byredo Bal D’afrique it’s not like any other perfume so I am always getting compliments. You can get it in Space NK.

champagnepinkk

VIP Member
I purchased Alien Goddess yesterday, after being sent a sample. WOW. I love it!

I really would like BR 540 next week too … hehe 😍🤞🏽

Chloesm

VIP Member
I recently bought Baccarat rouge 540, after trying it for the first time a few weeks ago because everyone I knew was going on about how fantastic that perfume is

and wow
honestly I don't think I've ever had a better perfume. Not only I really like the smell, but it lasts days, and I mean DAYS! on clothes, skin, anything you spray it on!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

CherryAcid

VIP Member
Yeah they're all eau de toilette unfortunately.
Music Festival is a bit longer lasting in my experience.
It's my birthday soon and I'm thinking of treating myself to one of the Replica sample packs, see if one of them is worth a purchase: I haven't smelt a new scent since Covid, except for a fab beachy M&S one that came in one of their special offer beauty bags: loved it, but when I went to buy a bottle there was no trace of it online!
So I need a new scent 🙂
Yea its a shame as they are gorgeous scents but I cant justify the price on an EDT.

cedarpeach

I love perfume!

some of my favourite “every day” perfumes are Gucci rush and D&G Light Blue.

I also love Coco Mademoiselle and Chloe.

My ultimate is Penhaligon’s Clandestine Clara. So expensive, but so worth it. I feel like a 1920s lady of the night when I wear it! It has notes of rum, vanilla, tobacco - it’s heady and amazing.

• Heart

Noseybonk

VIP Member
Shalimar is 1 of the nicest perfumes I've ever used. I love oriental scents like that.
I was really lucky that the first job I had after college was working on a Guerlain beauty counter so I got to try classics like Shalimar, Nahema and Mitsouko fairly early on. Another perfume I always go back to which is very similar to Shalimar is Estée Lauder Cinnabar ❤

• Heart

Blonde_moment

Chatty Member
Got Delina by Parfums de Marly for Christmas off my Mum & Dad, which was an unexpected treat. They knew I wanted it, but it’s very pricey and I couldn’t justify spending that much around this time of year. The main note I smell throughout the dry down is the rose. I don’t normally favour florals, but it’s beautifully done and very long lasting. Highly recommend to anyone wanting a special perfume. I can imagine it would be a wonderful wedding fragrance.

SpanishPink

I am wearing it right now. It’s sweet and yet I vaguely smell as if I’ve been sitting in front of a cozy fire 💚
I've tried Fat Electrician and liked it too. I think it could even work for people who are not so fond of vetiver.
I also loved Putain des Palaces, but I'm French so (because of its name) I'm not sure I would buy a bottle 😅

• Haha

pink321

Chatty Member
Is there any one out there who is into perfumes?
Any niche brands that you would recommend/personal feedback on ones you own.
Oooh i love perfumes!! Just discovered this thread!

I actually love some of the vintage perfume brands and classics, rather than a lot of the new ones which I think smell like car freshener and plastic/ fruit gummies

Some of the ones I love:

1) Lancome - Tresor
2) Guerlain - Vol De Nuit
3) Guerlain Jardin de Bagatelle
4) Armani - Acqua Di Gio - sadly discontinued 😥
5) Armani - Si
6) Versace - Crystal Noire - smells super naughty 😄
7) Dior - Hypnotic Poison - smells like cakes
8) Chanel - No. 19 Poudre - (this is the latest version of No. 19 and it smells gorgeous but isn't widely available)
9) Tiffany - Tiffany & Co
10) Malin & Goetz - Dark Rum
11) Malin & Goetz - Petitgrain - smells SO clean - like just stepped out of the shower clean
12) Estee Lauder - Pleasures
13) Guerlain - Mitsouko
14) Chanel - No. 5

I used to be obsessed with Cerrutti 1881 and also the Ralph Lauren Romance and Ralph Lauren Woman perfume (but they changed the Woman perfume completely recently) , Also used to love Dior J'adore
I'd love to know which perfumes get you the most compliments - (from men or women!)

Last edited:

Tilly3

VIP Member
Ooh I love perfume, I go wild in the aisles in duty free! My all time fave is Armani White, lovely baby powdery smell, I literally cried when it was discontinued.
My daytime scents are D&G Light Blue, Marc Jacobs ( all of them) Viktor&Rolf Flower Bomb and Britney Spears Fantasy, I just love it, cheesy I know!!
Night out fragrances are Chanel Madamoiselle Coco, Hugo Boss Deep Red and my ultimate fave is Creed Aventus For Her 😍 costs me quite a few bj’s for hubby to buy me this one!! 😳

• Haha

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I'm surprised at how many people have lots of perfumes, does anyone else not have just the one that is 'your' smell? For me it's been Chanel Mademoiselle since I was given it for my 13th birthday. I was given Gabrielle in recent years and love it, but it doesn't last long on me :( I'm debating retiring Mademoiselle now for Byredo Blanche which I also absolutely love but it's such a wrench giving up something I've worn for so long!
I like variety a lot, and sometimes I feel like certain perfumes are more suited to winter, and some for summer. Same with certain occasions. So I like to mix it up, but recently I found my favourite ever perfume and I’m constantly reaching for that over others 😭 my New Years resolution is to try and wear my other perfumes more

• Heart
I have so many perfumes I could open my own shop!! My favourites are:

Chanel Coromandel
Chanel Bois des Isles
Chanel No 22
Chanel 1957
Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte
Chanel Les Eaux - Paris Venise and Paris Riviera
Dior Oud Ispahan
Narciso Rodriguez Parfum Poudre
Maison Francis Kurkdjian Apom Pour Femme
Miu Miu L'Eau Bleue

I don't know if one lifetime will be enough time to use them all up! 😆
I’m the same! I’ve started wearing my decent perfumes to work (even though I know they’re not appreciated lol) because I’m at work more than anywhere else!

LinaLamont

Ooh I love this thread :love:.

Chanel Chance au fraiche
Tom Ford Velvet Orchid
BR540
Gucci Flora
YSL Black Opium
And Other Stories Sicilian Sunrise (a wee cheapy but so lovely)

I’m probably a basic bitch but I just want to smell beautiful. I can’t get into these niche brands or whatever a lot of YouTubers try to shill. I don’t want to smell like tobacco and leather, thanks!

Gggshh

I used to love the Kate moss perfume (pink with black lid) and the Victoria beckham one (in the square bottle) I think about them all the time wish they would bring them back!

My favourite of all time is l’imperatice by DKNY and always on offer in duty free- will always be my go to.

As a teen my faves were Ralph Lauren (not sure of name but in the little blue bottle) and Gucci rush- the smell takes me back to being in a club drinking vodka and coke!

LittUp

I love perfume and have too many bottles ☺.
Lancome Miracle
DKNY Pure
Dior J'adore
Paco Rabanne Olympea
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb
V & R Bon Bon
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT
DKNY Red Delicious
I have had numerous bottles of these over the years.

Ones I got or only came out last year. Most of these are loves, some are just likes:
Mugler Alien
Mugler Alien Absolue
Dior Pure Poison
Dior J'adore Infinissime
Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle
YSL Libre Intense
Narciso Poudree
Mon Guerlain
Armani My Way
Paco Rabanne XS
Mugler Angel Nova
Dior Addict EDP
D & G Pour Femme Intense
Elie Saab Girl Of Now
Elie Saab La Parfum

There are so many more that I'd like to get too, this thread has fed my addiction 😂

Last edited: