Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HowlOwl

VIP Member
Angel ... but the earlier version.

CKOne.

Used to love perfume strips in magazines and bought loads of perfumes (as a result). Most memorable: Poison, Chanel 19, Joseph, Giorgio, Anais Anais.

Reactions: 5

pheonixrises

Does it last? I heard it’s a dupe for Baccarat rouge 540
It don’t last hours but I would not say it disappears quickly neither. Defiantly worth the money. Yes it’s pretty much a clone of baccarat rouge but obviously I would Expect the staying power is better on the more expensive one. I’ll treat myself to baccarat rouge once I sell the husband kidneys 😂😂😂😂

• Haha

BattleAxing

VIP Member
I like strong smelling perfumes. Old lady ones Chanel no.5 for example.

My all time favourite is Elizabeth Ardens Red Door. I smell like an old slapper when I'm wearing it but it gets so many comments and it lasts ALL day. I find it is a cheaper but stronger alternative to Chanel no.5.

I usually buy an Islamic perfume oil by Al Azeera from ebay. Baby Powder scented. 👶 its very strong and costs about a fiver. Again plenty of comments when wearing.

Obsession Calvin Klein evokes nice memories. As do Britney Spears (she does some bloody good cheap perfume).

I find Chanel Madamoiselle very over rated. I can barely smell it! I also find Millions and Alien over rated and can't understand the hype. It smells very generic.

• Heart
Wow what a cool thread! I’ve got £40 to treat myself and want to get some perfume… I get a 15% discount so that’s £46 to spend. Very specific I know… I fancy trying something new what do you recommend in this price bracket? It’s left over birthday money & with loads of other events coming up feel guilty to put any other money towards it! Mum life hey!
Well, what kind of scents do you like? Can you tell us about other perfumes you like / liked or dislike?

And when would you like to wear it? Day, night, to special events or every day....?

And are you looking for a summer scent, or a heavier scent or something for all year round?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but given there is so much perfume out there I think you would get better recommendations if you tell us a bit more about what you like and when you would like to wear it. Or you as a person.

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I used to love the Kate moss perfume (pink with black lid) and the Victoria beckham one (in the square bottle) I think about them all the time wish they would bring them back!

My favourite of all time is l’imperatice by DKNY and always on offer in duty free- will always be my go to.

As a teen my faves were Ralph Lauren (not sure of name but in the little blue bottle) and Gucci rush- the smell takes me back to being in a club drinking vodka and coke!
My clubbing perfume was always Hugo Boss Deep Red then I moved onto Dior Addict.

CherryAcid

VIP Member
Ooh my kind of thread, I'm a bit of a perfume hoarder as I'm very scent orientated. I tend to veer towards spicy, masculine orientals but i am into beachy scents during the summer.
Some of my faves;
Dior Addict(reminds me of my early twenties)
Dior Poison Girl(love this one, they better not discontue it)
Dior Midnight Poison(I use is sparingly as it was discontinued :mad:)
Gucci by Gucci ( its a brown liquid in clear bottle, discontinued now but so spicy, my dad bought it for my mum but she didnt like it)
YSL Black Opium
Thierry Mugler Alien
Tom Ford Black Orchid(doesnt last great though)
I bought Viktor & Rikf Midnight Flowerbomb as I loved it in duty free, again it disappears on me like the TF

Work perfumes are usually cheaper ones;
Cacherel Amor Amor(ive bought this a few times as its so nice)
Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton(embarassing to admit but ive had more compliments on this than any other perfume. I always have to pretend I cant remember what it is)
Illamasqua did one in a black slanted bottle, i cant recall the name but its lovely.
Jennifer Aniston does a day and a night perfume which are very beachy and clean but they dont really last. But i do like them a lot so tend to spray my clothes with them.

Clarity456

VIP Member
Is there any one out there who is into perfumes?
Any niche brands that you would recommend/personal feedback on ones you own.
With regards to Niche brands if anyone likes a woody smell I recommend:

By Kilian - Straight to Heaven
Juliette Has a Gun - Lipstick Fever & Metal Chypre
La Perla - Let the Dance Begin
Replica Maison Margiela - Whispers at the Library

• Heart

GimmeGimmeGimme

VIP Member
Any nice perfume recommendations for a lady in her 60’s?
What kind of scents do you like? Floral/Oriental/Woody/Fresh?
Tbh, I don't think age should come into it, if you fall in love with the smell wear it ♥
I have bought my sister who is 60 Mugler Alien Goddess for her Christmas, if she doesn't like it I'm having it 😂

Curly Top

VIP Member
Knowing by Estee Lauder is a rose based perfume - a woody aldehyde. It is strong and has longevity. It is a favourite of mine. Though it is floral it does have undercurrents of moss so it is not sweet or cloying.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Just that really! 😆 it’s fun to hear others favourites and try them out!

Mines currently MFK Baccarat rouge 540 or Jo Malone velvet rose and oud 💖

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Secretions Magnifiques is truly one of the most disgusting things I've ever had the misfortune to smell! It was like blood. I was still smelling it a week later

• Haha
Reactions: 4

hrh89

VIP Member
My favourite ever is Coco Madmoiselle followed very closely by Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess.
These are both pretty pricey though so I like to have some cheaper ones in my stash to use on the daily.

The best high street perfumes are Zara’s. They are so affordable and so nice! They have so many to chose from too. One of my recent favourites is Deep Garden it’s gorgeous.

• Heart
I like a mix of different ones, favourities are probably the jimmy choo ones. I also have a few of marc jacobs, i like black daisy the best, and gucci guilty. Also love the juicy couture juicy perfume as thats like my signature smell🥰
Jimmy choo and Victor and Rolf, I recognise their scents a mile off. Their scent last all day.

Keikochan

VIP Member
I love perfume and have quite a collection. I was convinced that I must have posted on here previously so just re-read the 1st 23 pages to check and I’m not here, so here goes….🤣

Spring/Summer :-
Tommy Girl (loads of compliments on this and gone through so many bottles over the years)
Cacharel Eden

Autumn/Winter :-
Shalimar
Black Opium

Always go back to :-
Chanel Allure
Giorgio Beverly Hills (80s room clearer but I love it)
Hugo Boss Red
Shalimar is 1 of the nicest perfumes I've ever used. I love oriental scents like that.

• Heart

Beaversabout

Chatty Member
I REALLY recommend:

Chanel - eu tendre (smells very expensive and lovely)
Ghost - eclipse (in a little orange shaped moon) smells lovely too!
Britney spears - Glitter fantasy & midnight fantasy (smells amazing)

Also toy by moschino. The bear shaped one. ♥♥♥

dee_mc

VIP Member
Are perfume advent calendars a thing? I would love to try one this year.
The Perfume Shop are doing one this year!
I read about it earlier. It's a mixed gender one: I think there are 4 men's fragrances and the rest women's, and it's £80. Online only, available early November I believe.

• Heart