Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lastdis

VIP Member
Loads but I picked up some Aldi ones. And everyone asks what I’m wearing when I use the sweet Tonka one. Also got Hugo boss woman the other day but hate it , it’s not like the one from the 90s

Trolleydollycoffeelover

I love J Lo Glow, glad I’m not the only one! I worked at an airline when it launchedo that used to sell it on its trolley and apparently it was a much hated scent. The running joke was the crew who could flog the J Lo perfume on that flight won some sort of prize that day as everyone (except me) ridiculed it. I suppose it was the first of the modern day celeb perfumes, bit of perfume snobbery going on back then (Not including Liz Taylor’s classic) as Kylie, SJP, Mariah and Britney seemed to copy immediately after. I also love Britney Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy and Paris Hilton where she is dressed as a fairy on the packaging.

Remember when cheaper perfumes seemed to dominate like Exclamation, tribe and Charlie? Coty and Yardley seemed to have a new one every month up until the late 90s. Wild Musk, lace, black lace, baroque.... the cheaper end of the celeb market seemed to take their place ie Samanda from Big brother, Coleen, Alex Gerrard, Jade Goody....

In Spain they have Shakira and Antonio Banderas perfumes and they smell awful like market fakes.

theghosttown

VIP Member
SAME! I adore it. I agree nobody ever recognises it. Next time I smell it on someone else I’m going to suspect it’s a fellow Tattler 😂 I tend to not wear it in summer for the reasons you give above. I have a gripe with the most recent bottle I got - it emits a jet and not a mist which stresses me out and I know it’s going to run out quicker as a result! (I know, I know - cool story, bro.)

I also love Cacharel - Amor Amor. And it’s so cheap, comparatively. Also very much a night-time perfume.

Finally, I love Clean - Warm Cotton. It’s my OG. The perfect fresh laundry scent. Very different to the two above and much more of an everyday wear perfume.
I used to wear amor amor in my teens. I may get myself a bottle. It’s so nice and smells far more expensive than it is!

Sw4

VIP Member
I've never found something I've liked more than Chance by Chanel but I've finally decided I need to branch out.

Any recommendations (similar price range please)? I love Chance because its fresh and not too heavy, feels quite flirty. I hate very sweet perfumes or the very strong Oud ones as they give me a headache, however I do want something a bit more dark and sensuous than Chance. I do love most Tom Ford perfumes but they are a bit out of my range atm. Its so hard not being able to try out perfumes right now!

37BBL

VIP Member
Hi ladies, I'm after a bit of help for a new spring perfume.
I usually like heavy scents, armani si, code, Jimmy choo flash.
Looking for something a bit lighter but long lasting. I used to wear burberry brit all the time and haven't smelt that for ages, but think its still a bit heavy.

Any recommendations? Budget around £50.

GeorgeP123

Chatty Member
Anyone else annoyed that the shops have removed all perfume testers these days? So frustrating :( I was in Selfridges the other day, and they did have testers out, but the sales assistant literally screamed at me: "Do not touch it!!! I will spray for you". I get it, but this kinda ruins my shopping experience. I wonder how long that will go on for- no testers?
Well yeah but it seems a bit silly when in post office they have a universal pen lol, plus in supermarkets there's nothing to stop people picking up items and then putting them back. I would have thought the testers are ok if people sanitize their hands bit then I guess it just cuts down risk of cross infection so it does make sense but then so many other things are not controlled in the same way!

I'm very into niche/unusual perfumes and am constantly finding tiny sample bottles everywhere. I wear Bleu de Chanel for occasions/if I want an ego boost at work but don't want to smell like a concept, and have a collection of État Libre d'Orange samples I'm whittling down to a shortlist (La Fin du Monde is wonderful despite the name, and Like This smells just like Christmas time in a woodland lodge after it's snowed).

My absolute favourite though is Calvin Klein's CK2. It's meant to evoke images of wet pebbles in the sun and honestly it really does that with a sort of dry floral background to it, and is evocative of the mid 90s somehow. It's gorgeous, no one I know has ever heard of it and sadly it's apparently discontinued so only seems to turn up online or at certain discounters. £30ish for 100ml though and the bottle is cool.

@it's not been changed?! is Escentric 01 worth a go? Not tried any of theirs yet
I don’t know what any of the other esecentric molecule smell like, but I really like 01. Smells different on everyone, mind. I would try before you buy. Some of the reviews reckon it smells like pencil shavings 😂 🤔