Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got far too many but my all time favourites are probably Carolina Herrera Good Girl, Gucci Guilty and YSL Black Opium :love:

Reactions: 1
My Mum's favourite was Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir which has been discontinued, anyone know this scent/ good alternative?

Mine are Allure, Stella, and Boss woman

Has anyone tried the Molecule “perfume”??
I bought it after reading reviews of how amazing it is but I really don’t get it, it smells of nothing and it’s just like water when sprayed, I’ve asked numerous people if they can smell it on me and the answer is always “nope” is it supposed to be sprayed on top of perfume or after or something?
I had Molecule 01 when it was all the rage, about 10yrs ago. It was nice but smelled quite cinnamon/woody to me. I agree it’s subtle and you have to get close to smell it. You can use it as a stand alone scent or as a layering fragrance. It contains one single fragrance molecule, iso E super. It is very expensive for what it is, you can buy unbranded iso E super for a fraction of the price. It smells exactly the same.
It fascinates me when I read about people not being able to smell it. I’ve bought bottles over the years (I got my first bottle in a Liberty advent calendar and fell in love) however, this year I bought 2 x 50ml iso E off eBay for £13.00 and you cannot tell the difference at all.

Reactions: 3
I love Polly by Ted Baker. Such a sweet, fruity scent.
My best friend bought me Princess by Vera Wang for my birthday and it's lovely. Lasts ages to. I also still have a thing for Glow by JLo, it reminds me of my holidays in my younger days.

Does anyone know Shade and Blue? Do you like their scents?

I was gifted their Salted Caramel scent and don’t know what to make of it. I smell like a Lindt chocolate

I love J Lo Glow, glad I’m not the only one! I worked at an airline when it launchedo that used to sell it on its trolley and apparently it was a much hated scent. The running joke was the crew who could flog the J Lo perfume on that flight won some sort of prize that day as everyone (except me) ridiculed it. I suppose it was the first of the modern day celeb perfumes, bit of perfume snobbery going on back then (Not including Liz Taylor’s classic) as Kylie, SJP, Mariah and Britney seemed to copy immediately after. I also love Britney Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy and Paris Hilton where she is dressed as a fairy on the packaging.

Remember when cheaper perfumes seemed to dominate like Exclamation, tribe and Charlie? Coty and Yardley seemed to have a new one every month up until the late 90s. Wild Musk, lace, black lace, baroque.... the cheaper end of the celeb market seemed to take their place ie Samanda from Big brother, Coleen, Alex Gerrard, Jade Goody....

In Spain they have Shakira and Antonio Banderas perfumes and they smell awful like market fakes.

I like quite heavy, masculine perfumes. Not a fan of floral at all!

my top ones are

tom Ford Tabacco vanille (wore this on my wedding day)

commes des garçons wonderoud

miller harris etui noir

tom Ford Tuscan leather.

all ridiculously expensive 😂 but I use very sparingly so at least I feel like I get my monies worth!

Reactions: 4
I have just had this delivered and I didn’t know what it smells like beforehand. But it’s really nice😄 and fruity and subtle. Was only £13 from all beauty.com pleasantly surprised. I’m always a bit apprehensive about buying perfume blind but smells lovely

Attachments

Unfortunately Baccarat Rouge 540. It’s unreal and I’m sure it’s got some kind of drug in it. My favourite perfume ever. All the influencers have jumped on the bandwagon now though which makes me not want to wear it.
Failing that, Chanel, always a classic.

My Mum's favourite was Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir which has been discontinued, anyone know this scent/ good alternative?
I have seen people on other sites say they've used Roberto Cavalli Nero Assoluto now that the Estee Lauder one is discontinued

Speaking of EL, I love their "Bronze Goddess" which is re-released each summer

Unfortunately Baccarat Rouge 540. It’s unreal and I’m sure it’s got some kind of drug in it. My favourite perfume ever. All the influencers have jumped on the bandwagon now though which makes me not want to wear it.
Failing that, Chanel, always a classic.
I got a dupe of that and I cant explain the scent at all only that its sooo nice and compelling. It stays on my clothes forever!

I have so many perfumes I could open my own shop!! My favourites are:

Chanel Coromandel
Chanel Bois des Isles
Chanel No 22
Chanel 1957
Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte
Chanel Les Eaux - Paris Venise and Paris Riviera
Dior Oud Ispahan
Narciso Rodriguez Parfum Poudre
Maison Francis Kurkdjian Apom Pour Femme
Miu Miu L'Eau Bleue

I don't know if one lifetime will be enough time to use them all up! 😆

Reactions: 2
I have so many perfumes I could open my own shop!! My favourites are:

Chanel Coromandel
Chanel Bois des Isles
Chanel No 22
Chanel 1957
Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte
Chanel Les Eaux - Paris Venise and Paris Riviera
Dior Oud Ispahan
Narciso Rodriguez Parfum Poudre
Maison Francis Kurkdjian Apom Pour Femme
Miu Miu L'Eau Bleue

I don't know if one lifetime will be enough time to use them all up! 😆
I’m the same! I’ve started wearing my decent perfumes to work (even though I know they’re not appreciated lol) because I’m at work more than anywhere else!

Reactions: 5
I’m the same! I’ve started wearing my decent perfumes to work (even though I know they’re not appreciated lol) because I’m at work more than anywhere else!
I do this too, i have lower end perfumes which i wear for work but I will never ever use up my high end stuff so I just use what i fancy on the day. I had 28 bottles last i counted plus 3 back ups of faves.

I’ve just got back into the original Stella McCartney perfume as she’s a cruelty free brand.

Anyone else know of good perfumes that are cruelty free?
The perfumes that i love are from a company called miller harris.
The perfumes are all organic and naturally sourced and eco friendly.
Plus they smell divine and last all day they are a touch on the expensive side but i think they are worth it as a little goes a long way and i find all the scents have a unique and original smell.
My favourite is l'air de rien inspired by jane birkin (my favourite actress) and i can't afford a birkins bag but i can afford the perfume! Its both understated and sexy and smells unusual and sensual and i love it!

Attachments

I got a dupe of that and I cant explain the scent at all only that its sooo nice and compelling. It stays on my clothes forever!
I have never used Baccarat Rouge but Ariana Grande's "Cloud", which smells to me like candyfloss mixed with vanilla/coconut is said to be very similar

Bulgari - Mon Jasmin Noir but I can't find it anywhere here which is so frustrating.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.