Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just discovered they’ve stopped making my fave YSL Elle. I’ve just bought a huge bottle.

otherwise I love Alien and Gucci Rush.

I’d love Armani white to come back.

My favourites which I go back to time and time again are Dior Pure Poison and Clinique Happy. Both very different to each other, but just lovely!

Chanel Gabrielle for me. Wore Mademoiselle and nothing else for over 10 years, haven’t touched it since I was given Gabrielle as a gift.
Ooh I’d forgotten about Gabrielle, my husband bought it for me last Xmas, I made the silly mistake of taking it out with me on Boxing Day, got pissed and dropped my handbag and it smashed to pieces!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
SAME! I adore it. I agree nobody ever recognises it. Next time I smell it on someone else I’m going to suspect it’s a fellow Tattler 😂 I tend to not wear it in summer for the reasons you give above. I have a gripe with the most recent bottle I got - it emits a jet and not a mist which stresses me out and I know it’s going to run out quicker as a result! (I know, I know - cool story, bro.)

I also love Cacharel - Amor Amor. And it’s so cheap, comparatively. Also very much a night-time perfume.

Finally, I love Clean - Warm Cotton. It’s my OG. The perfect fresh laundry scent. Very different to the two above and much more of an everyday wear perfume.
How would you describe ysl cinema? I blind brought a bottle because I heard it was like next - gold. But I get no vanilla at all, just overwhelming floral! Does it get better?

Reactions: 3
Ive got a reasonable collection, favourites include

Spring/Summer

Hermes - Terre D’Hermes (men‘s but pretty unisex, tbh)
Acqua Di Parma - Rosa Nobile
Acqua Di Parma - Iris Nobile
Guerlain - Vetiver (men’s but again, quite neutral and unisex)
Sisley - Eau de campagne (edited to add this! Can’t believe I forgot it, it smells like tomato leaves/stalks. Amazing in summer, like a greenhouse).

Autumn/Winter

Chanel - Coco
YSL - Le Vestiaire collection “Vinyle”
Diptyque - L’ombre dans l’eau
Tom Ford - Private Blend “Tuscan Leather” (raspberry note really strong on me)
Tom Ford - Private Blend “Tobacco Vanille“ (very Christmas puddingy, in a good way)
Guerlain - Mitsouko

Reactions: 1
Ooh I’d forgotten about Gabrielle, my husband bought it for me last Xmas, I made the silly mistake of taking it out with me on Boxing Day, got pissed and dropped my handbag and it smashed to pieces!!
Have you tried the little twisty handbag things they sell now? I have those for my bag and keep my bottle at home!

This might explain it. I get loads of sweet vanilla with some floral but I suppose it depends on your nose and skin chemicals
I think that Fragantica description is pretty accurate. I couldn’t put my finger on it but vanilla is right, as @Inforapenny says! I actually don’t like vanilla in candles and lotions etc. but it’s kind of a deeper, darker vanilla, maybe more musky? It’s definitely warm and rich.

I think that Fragantica description is pretty accurate. I couldn’t put my finger on it but vanilla is right, as @Inforapenny says! I actually don’t like vanilla in candles and lotions etc. but it’s kind of a deeper, darker vanilla, maybe more musky? It’s definitely warm and rich.
I'm gunna try mine again tomorrow! I wonder if they've reformulated it at some point

Coco Mademoiselle. I’ve worn it since forever and always get compliments.

Has anyone tried the Molecule “perfume”??
I bought it after reading reviews of how amazing it is but I really don’t get it, it smells of nothing and it’s just like water when sprayed, I’ve asked numerous people if they can smell it on me and the answer is always “nope” is it supposed to be sprayed on top of perfume or after or something?

I only ever get the little 10ml samples but my favourites there have been Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle and Marc Jacobs - Perfect. Wanted to get a bottle of Perfect but even in sales it's so expensive 😭 my Mum's go to is Estee Lauder - White Linen.
I can't stand even a hint of musk and I'm also not a fan of very strong perfume that smells for hours, so my standard fragrance is Tom Baker body spray (got a three bottle gift set last Christmas, used it frequently as body spray but also as room spray or "I'm drying washing and I want it to smell nice" spray and still have over half left!)

Has anyone tried the Molecule “perfume”??
I bought it after reading reviews of how amazing it is but I really don’t get it, it smells of nothing and it’s just like water when sprayed, I’ve asked numerous people if they can smell it on me and the answer is always “nope” is it supposed to be sprayed on top of perfume or after or something?
I had Molecule 01 when it was all the rage, about 10yrs ago. It was nice but smelled quite cinnamon/woody to me. I agree it’s subtle and you have to get close to smell it. You can use it as a stand alone scent or as a layering fragrance. It contains one single fragrance molecule, iso E super. It is very expensive for what it is, you can buy unbranded iso E super for a fraction of the price. It smells exactly the same.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.