Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been wearing a combination of Jo Malone Lime, Basil and Mandarin layered with Wood Sage and Sea Salt for years. I also wear Clinique Happy in the summer exclusively as it smells like pure sunshine and joy and reminds me of family holidays. Also love Clarins summer spritzes, very fresh and uplifting. As is Nuxe’s Prodigeux Parfum, which smells like a suntan.
In winter, I love the depth and sexiness of Tom Ford’s Black Orchid and Chanel Eau Premiére, which is just so classy and beautiful.
I love Clinique Happy.

Reactions: 1
J by Jennifer Aniston? I love that one, doesn't last long though like you say!
Vanilla vibes by Juliet has a gun is very salty and fairly long lasting!
Next summer sun is a good bronze goddess dupe, it is a really nice smell but doesn't last :(

Going to look at the boots ones next time I'm there :D
Ah Yea I got a sample of Vanilla Vibes, absolutely gorgeous but not sure I can justify the price at the moment. I might have a try of the Next one, it might make me splurge on b goddess.
The Jennifer Aniston perfumes I mentioned are Beachscape and Near Dusk, ive not tried J.
A little different but Proenza Schouler's Arizona is one of my favourites ,its desert flowers and I haven never smelt anything like it before. Lasts all day too. I got a free sample and loved it that much I had to have it.

Ester Lauder modern muse. It’s sweet and fresh, but not overpowering and cloying. It lasts a long time too.

Anybody like Penhaligons?
🙋🏻 Me! I have Juniper Sling.

Other perfumes I love are;
Jo Malone: Wood Sage and Sea Salt, Blackberry and Bay, Earl Grey and Cucumber, Nectarine Blossom and Honey, Basil and Neroli, Plum Blossom, Peony and Blush Suede (alas I don't currently possess all of these)
Chanel No. 5 L'Eau
Philosophy: Falling in Love, Amazing Grace Magnolia (cannot stand the original Amazing Grace though)
L'Occitane: Cherry Blossom, Ambre, Herbae

Would give anything to smell The Body Shop Ananya or Dewberry again. Major nostalgia for me.

I love the Charlotte Tilbury signature scent. Strong at 1st but dies down to a lovely clean, scent.
Tom Ford Black orchid reminds me of opium & his Noir

Recently been loving Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle. Quite long-lasting too which is a huge plus as I was sick of wasting money on Jo Malone for them to only last an hour on my skin. Favourite perfume for work is Si Passione as it’s quite a fresh take on the original Si which is a lot sweeter.

My father used to work abroad when we were growing up, he bought my mother, sister and myself a bottle of Chanel No5, I continue to wear it everyday, I love it. It’s now my husband who buys it for me every Christmas, my children love the smell too.

Alien used to be my favourite but wearing it gives me a headache and on anyone else I love the smell on them.
I can't seem to find a scent im happy with so sticking with poundshop rip offs till there's a point in wearing expensive perfume

I love Black Opium, the warmth and the strength of it.
I have a bit of a thing for Marc Jacobs Decadence (the one in the ugly green bottle that looks like a handbag bought from a market) and have a sniff every time I pass by a bottle in a shop but something has held me back from buying it. I like a strong fragrance, but maybe it's too strong?
Love the smell of baby powder so I often wear Flower by Kenzo. It always attracts attention but on one trip to New York I found people were admiring it and asking about it 5+ times a day, very strange!
Mason Margiela Woodstock is one of the most unusual fragrances I've owned, and again, much admired. It's sort of smoky and woody and earthy but with a base of patchouli. It's delightfully weird.
I think my first perfume was Anais Anais - it'd be far too sweet and simple for my tastes now, but I still think it's lovely. Then I fell for YSL Baby Doll, bought on a school trip to Paris in the Sephora on the Champs-Elysses. I think I'd wear it now - sweet but complex.
The one I wore from age 19 to 25 or so was Angel by Thierry Mugler. Such an iconic scent! I find it very overpowering and migraine-y now but absolutely adored it at the time ☺
Also loved Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey around that time (the men's one - so fresh) and I think I'd still wear it now.
Towards the end of the Angel phase I discovered L by Lolita Lempika - a very expensive vanilla perfume in a cool bottle. I was smitten. Spent hundreds on different bottles 😥 They were beautiful, I wish I'd kept them!
My everyday, every occasion perfume now is La Vie Est Belle, and has been for years. I only found it because of overhearing a lady with a very strong Cork accent asking the Ryanair trolley doll for "the Joolia Roberts Perfoom" and it made me smile so much I had to seek out a bottle. Love at first sniff!

Reactions: 6
Pure Poison by Dior is my favourite and the scent seems to last well, my female friend actually wears Clinique Happy for men as she prefers it to the female version

This was on my news feed few wks ago about dupe perfumes

Attachments

Last edited:
I love Black Opium, the warmth and the strength of it.
I have a bit of a thing for Marc Jacobs Decadence (the one in the ugly green bottle that looks like a handbag bought from a market) and have a sniff every time I pass by a bottle in a shop but something has held me back from buying it. I like a strong fragrance, but maybe it's too strong?
Love the smell of baby powder so I often wear Flower by Kenzo. It always attracts attention but on one trip to New York I found people were admiring it and asking about it 5+ times a day, very strange!
Mason Margiela Woodstock is one of the most unusual fragrances I've owned, and again, much admired. It's sort of smoky and woody and earthy but with a base of patchouli. It's delightfully weird.
I think my first perfume was Anais Anais - it'd be far too sweet and simple for my tastes now, but I still think it's lovely. Then I fell for YSL Baby Doll, bought on a school trip to Paris in the Sephora on the Champs-Elysses. I think I'd wear it now - sweet but complex.
The one I wore from age 19 to 25 or so was Angel by Thierry Mugler. Such an iconic scent! I find it very overpowering and migraine-y now but absolutely adored it at the time ☺
Also loved Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey around that time (the men's one - so fresh) and I think I'd still wear it now.
Towards the end of the Angel phase I discovered L by Lolita Lempika - a very expensive vanilla perfume in a cool bottle. I was smitten. Spent hundreds on different bottles 😥 They were beautiful, I wish I'd kept them!
My everyday, every occasion perfume now is La Vie Est Belle, and has been for years. I only found it because of overhearing a lady with a very strong Cork accent asking the Ryanair trolley doll for "the Joolia Roberts Perfoom" and it made me smile so much I had to seek out a bottle. Love at first sniff!
A girl at work wears Marc jacobs Decadence and it smells lovely on her, doesnt smell great on me though.
Anais Anais is a nostalgic scent for me as my nanna has worn it for years and my mum switches between that and Charlie Blue.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I love perfume and have too many bottles ☺.
Lancome Miracle
DKNY Pure
Dior J'adore
Paco Rabanne Olympea
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb
V & R Bon Bon
Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT
DKNY Red Delicious
I have had numerous bottles of these over the years.

Ones I got or only came out last year. Most of these are loves, some are just likes:
Mugler Alien
Mugler Alien Absolue
Dior Pure Poison
Dior J'adore Infinissime
Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle
YSL Libre Intense
Narciso Poudree
Mon Guerlain
Armani My Way
Paco Rabanne XS
Mugler Angel Nova
Dior Addict EDP
D & G Pour Femme Intense
Elie Saab Girl Of Now
Elie Saab La Parfum

There are so many more that I'd like to get too, this thread has fed my addiction 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Lancome Miracle
DKNY Pure
Dior J'adore
Paco Rabanne Olympea
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb
V & R Bon Bon
DKNY Red Delicious

Ones I got or only came out last year. Most of these are loves, some are just likes:
Mugler Alien
Mugler Alien Absolue
Dior Pure Poison
Dior J'adore Infinissime
YSL Libre Intense
Narciso Poudree
Mon Guerlain
Armani My Way
Paco Rabanne XS
Mugler Angel Nova
Dior Addict EDP
D & G Pour Femme Intense
Elie Saab Girl Of Now
Elie Saab La Parfum

There are so many more that I'd like to get too, this thread has fed my addiction 😂
Some great choices there. I am obsessed with perfume. I actually get some from Divain,which does dupes. I still buy the real thing of course but the dupes are good for work and they send you free samples too.

Reactions: 2
Rebelle by Rihanna smells amazing and is so long lasting which I find a rarity for women's perfumes. Sprayed it this afternoon and I can still smell it on me now!!

Lancome Miracle
DKNY Pure
Dior J'adore
Paco Rabanne Olympea
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb
V & R Bon Bon
DKNY Red Delicious

Mugler Alien
Mugler Alien Absolue
Dior Pure Poison
Dior J'adore Infinissime
YSL Libre Intense
Narciso Poudree
Mon Guerlain
Armani My Way
Paco Rabanne XS
Mugler Angel Nova
Dior Addict EDP
D & G Pour Femme Intense
Elie Saab Girl Of Now
Elie Saab La Parfum

Perfume and candles are definitely my vice. Lol

Some great choices there. I am obsessed with perfume. I actually get some from Divain,which does dupes. I still buy the real thing of course but the dupes are good for work and they send you free samples too.
Winners / TK Maxx often has really good perfumes too! I store mine in a dark drawer so they don't go off. Lol.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.