Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Prada - Candy Gloss
Elizabeth Arden - Green Tea (#1 fave but sadly doesn't last that long - the EDP lasts longer than the weaker version though)
Paco Rabanne - Olympea
Shiseido - Rising Sun
Issey Miyake - L'eau d'Issey Pure

I don't like anything with patchouli in it or that is too heavy or smoky

Chanel - Coco
Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle
Chanel - Cristalle
Chanel No.19
Hermes - Caleche
Dolce & Gabbana - Light Blue ( always reminds me of New York, as I first bought it there)
Cacharel - Anais Anais
Paul Smith - Extreme (for Women) - smells like violets 💜
Armani - She

Prada - Candy Gloss
Elizabeth Arden - Green Tea (#1 fave but sadly doesn't last that long - the EDP lasts longer than the weaker version though)
Paco Rabanne - Olympea
Shiseido - Rising Sun
Issey Miyake - L'eau d'Issey Pure

I don't like anything with patchouli in it or that is too heavy or smoky
I do like Elizabeth Arden Green Tea too. Has a lovely fresh aroma. It reminds me of a time in my life that was good and upbeat.

Anyone else annoyed that the shops have removed all perfume testers these days? So frustrating :( I was in Selfridges the other day, and they did have testers out, but the sales assistant literally screamed at me: "Do not touch it!!! I will spray for you". I get it, but this kinda ruins my shopping experience. I wonder how long that will go on for- no testers?
Well yeah but it seems a bit silly when in post office they have a universal pen lol, plus in supermarkets there's nothing to stop people picking up items and then putting them back. I would have thought the testers are ok if people sanitize their hands bit then I guess it just cuts down risk of cross infection so it does make sense but then so many other things are not controlled in the same way!

I also loved Shiseido Feminite du Bois, a fabulous woody perfume; Joseph perfume that was contained in like a hip flask, beautiful if a little impractical compared to a spray, and for some reason I thought it went nicely with a bit of Chanel 19; and Chloe Narcisse, very distinctive, in a colourful pinky/red floral box with a pretty glass bottle. Sorry if I have mentioned any of these before! I can still smell them now in my memory. I don’t wear any perfume now really though.

Does anyone else just love how the spray of a perfume can bring back such memories?
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb is a firm fav of mine followed my YSL Elle - but these can be heavy so my favourite for everyday and literally everyone comments on it which just makes you feel 🥰 is Jo Malone Woodsage and Sea Salt. It’s very fresh and clean - perhaps a little masculine but I love it and found it by accident.

Reactions: 3
I love Clarins' essential oil blend perfumes (especially the blue one, which smells like you've just stepped out the bath), and the fruity floral summer one. I used to love the red one but now associate it with a time in my life I'd rather forget.

When I was younger I loved Givenchy's Amarige and YSL's Y'vresse (used to be called "Champagne") but my skin has changed as I've gotten older to the point where a lot of perfumes smell a bit 'off' shortly after being applied.

I also love Dermalogica's body lotion, which smells like a very upmarket beauty salon (that smell that hits you when you walk into one).

Reactions: 1
My all time favourite is narciso Rodriguez for her, it’s very different, not sickly or floral, love it

Current faves are:

Tom Ford: Lost Cherry 🍒 ultimate, I love it!
Givenchy: L’interdit
Tom Ford: Rose Prick (really long lasting but can be a bit overpowering with the oud so use sparingly)
Jo Malone Peony and Blush suede (love it but the scent doesn’t seem to last)
Giorgio Armani: Si long lasting and distinctive

Ones from my younger days:
Aqua di Gio, Hugo Boss Deep Red, Angel

I splurged on Armani Rose D’Arabie after spraying it countless times and then taking the plunge - now I find it gives me a headache😫

For men, I love Hermes Terre d’Hermes, Chanel Bleu, Tom Ford Black Orchid (unisex o know) and Atkinsons 24 Old Bond St, Triple Extract.

YSL Black Opium
Viktor & Rolf Flower Bomb
Angel and Alien, think they are born Thierry muller?

I’m not one for wearing the same perfume there are too many nice ones to choose from but these ones are firm favourites 😊

Reactions: 2
Baccarat rouge 540 - Francis kurkdijan
Love don’t be shy by killian
Juliette has a gun vanilla vibes
Girls can do anything - zadiag and Voltaire
Tom Ford- Santal blush
Chanel - number 5
Zara - red temptation
Gucci - rush

guys these are all banging

Angel by Thierry Mugler is my signature scent.
I’m also partial to Alien (again Mugler) and the recently released Rose Angel.

I also wear Chanel No. 5 :)

I just got the angel nova for Christmas and it’s beautiful ☺
Nova!!!! That’s it! I couldn’t be bothered to trudge all the way upstairs to read what it was called, relying on someone in the know to correct me 😂 thank you!! ...and yes, I agree! It smells beautiful!

I like Chanel Cristalle and Glossier You so tend to rotate between them. Glossier is my everyday perfume whilst I tend to save Chanel for special occasions - my mum gifted it to me for my 18th and she wore it when she was younger so it has a lot of sentimental meaning.

Current scents that I wear and love are:

Tom Ford - velvet orchid
Viktor and Rolf - flowerbomb
Dior - poison girl
Marc jacobs - decadence
Mugler - Aura
Carolina Herrera - good girl
YSL - Black Opium

Previous faves:

Vivienne Westwood - naughty Alice - I would still buy this if I could, it was lovely!
Vera Wang - Princess - this is beautiful but I think I'm too old for it and it reminds me of an ex
Hugo boss - deep red - I loved this, I may re-visit as a day smell
Davidoff - cool waters - my first grown up perfume

So many suggestions on here that I'd like to try!

I'm obsessed with perfume.

My signature is YSL Cinema ♥😍 it's big, brash and boozy so only for date nights and going out but I've had loads of compliments and it's not too well known. It's a gorgeous vanilla.

I also wear Lancome la vie est belle but it's so strong I only spray once.

My day/office perfumes are Chanel fraiche this is the most versatile perfume ever, it gorgeous and light but so sophisticated and definitely could wear on a night out all year round
I also love Carolina Herrera 212 but I've just run out of it, I wear it on cold crisp days.

My other fav is eternity moment by Calvin Klein.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.