Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love this thread and wish it was more active!

My top 5 picks are:
1. Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
2. Burberry Brit Sheer
3. Nest Wild Poppy
4. Maison Margiela Replica Beach Walk
5. Jo Malone Wild Bluebell

Honorary mention to Jo Malone Orange Blossom and Peony and Blush Suede. Unfortunately, in my experience, none of her perfumes really last past the hour mark and it bothers me how much they've hiked the prices over the years but give boxes of it for free to influencers (who plug them aggressively on YT and Instagram) so I've stopped buying them. I also like Vera Wang Flower Princess and (don't shoot me!) Bombshell and its variations by Victoria's Secret.

Anyone here tried Valentina by Valentino or have other recommendations? I have been eyeing Mandarino di amalfi by Tom Ford as well but not sure if that price is justified so would love to hear what ladies think if you own that scent.
I've never tried a Jo Malone but always think they smell amazing. May avoid if they don't last long 😬 x

Reactions: 1
Anyone else annoyed that the shops have removed all perfume testers these days? So frustrating :( I was in Selfridges the other day, and they did have testers out, but the sales assistant literally screamed at me: "Do not touch it!!! I will spray for you". I get it, but this kinda ruins my shopping experience. I wonder how long that will go on for- no testers?

Reactions: 8
Lancôme - La vie est belle
Thierry Mugler - Angel Nova
Marc Jacobs - Daisy
Givenchy - Ange ou Demon

Celebrity ones I like Mariah Carey, Ariana Grande sweet like candy & Kim kardashian

Chanel Chance
Burberry Touch
Cartier Carat

I find the cartier and chanel have good staying power. Touch needs touching up but I don't mind as I adore this scent and only use it for work.

Anyone else annoyed that the shops have removed all perfume testers these days? So frustrating :( I was in Selfridges the other day, and they did have testers out, but the sales assistant literally screamed at me: "Do not touch it!!! I will spray for you". I get it, but this kinda ruins my shopping experience. I wonder how long that will go on for- no testers?
Makes sense in the current climate but how bloody rude of them. Why not have a 'do not touch' sign instead of the bad attitude.

Does anyone remember Colleen Rooney used to have a perfume? Long lilac bottle. I loved that stuff!
Looks like its still out there online

1606985781896.png

• Haha
I love perfume! I really enjoy a big range; pricier ones and then even the ones you get in like Next/M&S etc.

My favourites are

Miss Dior
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
YSL Mon Paris
Dolce and Gabbana - "The One" I think it's called?
Indian Night Jasmine by The Body Shop

Reactions: 2
I’ve not heard of that one!
Its stunning. I used to wear just sort of mid range perfumes. I had Chloe and Marc Jacobs and Jimmy Choo but once you try Tom Ford it's a game changer. It's very pricey. Especially nowadays but you only need one or two sprays and it lasts all day, even after a shower it will still be absorbed in your skin. I suggest you go to a counter in Selfridges or Harvey Nics and have a good sniff lol. The best perfumes are often ones which you can't smell on yourself, apparently that means it suits you. The quality is unreal. Even compared to Chanel, you just can't compare the scents. Tom Ford uses such amazing ingredients you can smell the quality if you know what I mean lol.

My all time fav is YSL Black Opium. It’s pricey but I love it, I’ve been using it for around 5 years now and I’m still not bored of the scent and I always get complimented on it.
I love this too, especially on colder evenings!

Reactions: 3
Gucci - Flora.

Its a yellow bottle and i think its just limited edition but its been out a while now, hope they still sell it. Nicest perfume I have ever smelt.

This thread has definitely given me some new ideas once I am able to get out and sniff at the counters again. Read an article recently about the resurgence in sales of long established fragrances cos folks aren't getting the same opportunity to shop for the new stuff and don't want to part with fortunes on scents they've not been able to try.

Thought it might be fun for folks to share their first "fancy" perfume (you know when you graduated from a body shop special or the like).

For my 16th birthday (many many moons ago), I remember getting (not choosing) Magie Noir by Lancome and Fleur des Fleur by Nina Ricci. I remember feeling properly grown up and sophisticated :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I've never found something I've liked more than Chance by Chanel but I've finally decided I need to branch out.

Any recommendations (similar price range please)? I love Chance because its fresh and not too heavy, feels quite flirty. I hate very sweet perfumes or the very strong Oud ones as they give me a headache, however I do want something a bit more dark and sensuous than Chance. I do love most Tom Ford perfumes but they are a bit out of my range atm. Its so hard not being able to try out perfumes right now!

Monsoon used to do a perfume in a little blue bottle with a copper-coloured pointy lid, it was lovely. (I just saw it on eBay, £120!)

I've never tried a Jo Malone but always think they smell amazing. May avoid if they don't last long 😬 x
It depends on people's skin chemistry too. I use them and they last all day. But I only spray on my neck and hair... I realised it lasts longer if a little in hair after realising the reason my husband always smelt so good is cause his cologne is on his beard, lol. I don't spray on wrists - if you do, do not rub it.

Baccarat Rouge is my favourite, but it looks like Maison Francis Kurkdijan is actively associating themselves with influencers now which I cannot stand so I'm not going to buy anymore. But a bottle lasts ages because it's so strong, I only use one spray. It's probably the most long lasting perfume I've ever owned, one spray onto my coat and it will be there for months and months.

An old fave is Molecule 01 which I got complimented on all the time, but every person and their mum wears it now so it's no longer interesting.
Also I do like Lime Basil and Mandarin from Jo Malone and it was the only one that lasts on me. But I avoid buying now because they keep sending influencers stuff, and their candles/diffusers are really subpar for the price.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.