Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Clinique happy heart is my all time favourite and I've tried a lot. Not so keen on the original happy but happy heart is gorgeous.

Princess Vera Wang was my wedding perfume so I love that but for a night out it has to be Calvin Kline Euphoria.
Used to love Hugo Boss Deep Red, must buy that again.

Be Delicious DKNY put me in hospital with an allergic reaction.

Reactions: 2
I am in love with Tom Ford Lost Cherry

Has anyone tried FM world stuff. You can get a designer fragrance for anything between £14 and £25 they are exactly the same just no fancy packaging
The FM version of this is my all time favourite. It’s my going out perfume and I’ve never had as many compliments on a perfume.

I also love:
Olympea
Lady million prive
Tom Ford velvet orchid
Miss Dior absolutely blooming
Dior J’adore
Givenchy L’interdit

All FM versions. Some people don’t like them because it’s an MLM company but I’m a massive convert. I go through perfume so quickly and wear it every day for work so they’re perfect because they’re so cheap. Who cares if some aren’t exact replicas or they don’t last all day (although I’ve found that they do), for the price you can’t complain.
P.s. yes I am a distributor 😂😂 but I’m not in any way trying to push them. I used them for years and signed up to get them at cost price and to introduce them to my work!

• Wow
Shay & Blue perfumes are by far the BEST perfumes I’ve ever used. Atropa is my favourite, Black Tulip is a very close second. But they are so long lasting and smell incredible

I don't mind FM products, but I wouldn't buy them, perfume is something I love & I'd rather have the real thing. I tried them as my sister in law sells them & I can see how people say they smell the same but they are not the same, there is a difference & they don't last long so you use more!!

I think they're a good idea just not for me, I love everything about perfume including the bottles! It's the only thing I really splurge on though!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The FM version of this is my all time favourite. It’s my going out perfume and I’ve never had as many compliments on a perfume.

I also love:
Olympea
Lady million prive
Tom Ford velvet orchid
Miss Dior absolutely blooming
Dior J’adore
Givenchy L’interdit

All FM versions. Some people don’t like them because it’s an MLM company but I’m a massive convert. I go through perfume so quickly and wear it every day for work so they’re perfect because they’re so cheap. Who cares if some aren’t exact replicas or they don’t last all day (although I’ve found that they do), for the price you can’t complain.
P.s. yes I am a distributor 😂😂 but I’m not in any way trying to push them. I used them for years and signed up to get them at cost price and to introduce them to my work!
I’m a distributor too!

Reactions: 1
Ooh my kind of thread, I'm a bit of a perfume hoarder as I'm very scent orientated. I tend to veer towards spicy, masculine orientals but i am into beachy scents during the summer.
Some of my faves;
Dior Addict(reminds me of my early twenties)
Dior Poison Girl(love this one, they better not discontue it)
Dior Midnight Poison(I use is sparingly as it was discontinued :mad:)
Gucci by Gucci ( its a brown liquid in clear bottle, discontinued now but so spicy, my dad bought it for my mum but she didnt like it)
YSL Black Opium
Thierry Mugler Alien
Tom Ford Black Orchid(doesnt last great though)
I bought Viktor & Rikf Midnight Flowerbomb as I loved it in duty free, again it disappears on me like the TF

Work perfumes are usually cheaper ones;
Cacherel Amor Amor(ive bought this a few times as its so nice)
Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton(embarassing to admit but ive had more compliments on this than any other perfume. I always have to pretend I cant remember what it is)
Illamasqua did one in a black slanted bottle, i cant recall the name but its lovely.
Jennifer Aniston does a day and a night perfume which are very beachy and clean but they dont really last. But i do like them a lot so tend to spray my clothes with them.

Reactions: 5
Ooh my kind of thread, I'm a bit of a perfume hoarder as I'm very scent orientated. I tend to veer towards spicy, masculine orientals but i am into beachy scents during the summer.
Some of my faves;
Gucci by Gucci ( its a brown liquid in clear bottle, discontinued now but so spicy, my dad bought it for my mum but she didnt like it)
YSL Black Opium
Thierry Mugler Alien
I bought Viktor & Rikf Midnight Flowerbomb as I loved it in duty free, again it disappears on me like the TF

Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton(embarassing to admit but ive had more compliments on this than any other perfume. I always have to pretend I cant remember what it is)
Illamasqua did one in a black slanted bottle, i cant recall the name but its lovely.
Jennifer Aniston does a day and a night perfume which are very beachy and clean but they dont really last. But i do like them a lot so tend to spray my clothes with them.
The Paris Hilton part got me 😂 I’ll have to check it out!

• Haha
It’s the one in the tall purple bottle. My boss is a right snob and every time I have it on she can’t get enough of it. I’ve had random ppl comment on how nice it is 😂😂 I’m like hmmmm

I just wear the Guerlain little black dress series and anOrchid and Neroli from L'Occitane. Smells so fresh.

Ok guys I don’t know if anyone will be able to help here but there is a perfume I have LOVED since I was a child and still to this day I don’t know what it is.

I was in a restaurant maybe 20 years ago and the waitress serving us smelt amazing and it was this really expensive smelling like sweet vanilla scent. I asked my mum what it was and all I remember her saying is it was too expensive for me but I was 8 at the time so I dunno if that means it is actually a really premium one or not.

Over the years and even nowadays I still smell it on people but I’ve never been in the right situation to ask someone what it is! I just instantly recognise the smell and the only way I can describe it is very sweet and vanilla.

Anyone got any ideas!? Long shot I know 😂 But I will take note of any suggestions and when I next can I will go hunting it down haha
Sounds like it could be maybe Thierry Mugler - Angel? Or Vera Wang Princess - have you tried either? Although I think princess has only been around about 15 years as I remember it being new when I was a kid.

I love perfumes, current favorites are
Byredo Gypsy water
Chloe - original
Philosophy - pure grace
Jo Malone - wood sage and sea salt

Escentric molecule 01 is one that I always get asked what I’m wearing.
I love this & everyone does ask. Think it says that in the description? I feel bad for some of the population who can't smell it because it's so good!
If anyone is looking for perfumes that are a bit different Clean do a good range. They also do Clean Reserve with sustainable ingredients, it is dearer & the one I wear smells a bit different in Reserve (not as keen)

Some of my faves;
YSL Black Opium
Thierry Mugler Alien

I love Paris Hilton ‘heiress’
Embarrassing yes! But it smells lush

Delta Goodrem Dream for everyday wear
Chanel Coco Maemoiselle when i'm feeling fancy (and have $$$)

What a fun thread! ❤

I like classic clean scents.

Everyday: Anais Anais
Date night: Estée Lauder’s Beautiful
Meeting/less casual setting: Burberry’s My Burberry

When I was younger, Gwen Stefani has a line of cheaper perfumes Harajuku Girls. The Baby one was amazing, baby powdery, and I found it again years later but they reformulated it and it made me sneeze :( Anyone remember these?

There are quite a few perfumes I love.

Black Opium - YSL
L’Ambre des Merveilles - Hermes
Mitsouko - Guerlain
Shalimar - Guerlain
Rome 1963 - 4160 Tuesday
Eau my Soul - 4160 Tuesday
Tokyo Spring Blossom - 4160 Tuesday
L’air du Desert Marocain - Tauer
Avignon - Comme des Garcons
L’eau D’Issey - Issey Miyaki
Dryad - Papillon

I can’t seem to get on with the Chanel ones - they don’t smell nice on me at all although I like them on other people. Rose perfumes also smell rank on me.

My two absolute favourite perfumes are paco rabanne olympea and Lancôme La Vie Est Belle they both smell beeeeaautiful

I haven't read through the entire thread, but have seen Tattlers mentioning their fragrance doesn't last very long. I haven't tried this product so can't say how effective it is, but here is the link to a Daily Mail article about it:

Annick Goutal Eau de Hadrien
Miller Harris Tangerine Vert (discontinued)
Miss Dior by Dior (the original fragrance)
Estee Lauder Aliage (the one before they changed the formula a bit)

Last edited:
My two absolute favourite perfumes are paco rabanne olympea and Lancôme La Vie Est Belle they both smell beeeeaautiful
These are my favourite "pricey" ones.

I also love the Britney fragrances especially "Believe" and "Fantasy" - although loads say the "Midnight Fantasy" is gorgeous but I haven't tried it yet .

These are my favourite "pricey" ones.

I also love the Britney fragrances especially "Believe" and "Fantasy" - although loads say the "Midnight Fantasy" is gorgeous but I haven't tried it yet .
Lots of people say the Britney ones are nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.