Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m feeling a little depressed today so I started opening a box of samples I was saving from Etat Libre D’Orange. I’m into Dune at the moment so I decided to try Spice Must Flow. It doesn’t feel very original. Immediately after I sprayed it some unique chords came through so I decided to spray both pulse points. I normally do only one at a time when I’m at home so I can play around and sample other scents. Now that I smell like it completely it’s a decision I have to live with 😂 The names of some of their perfumes are intriguing e.g. Fat Electrician (wtf?) and La Fin Du Monde. The insert comes with a guide to each perfume that tells a story. I really wish this discovery set came with “I Am Trash” which uses all upcycled ingredients… when I’m in a better mood I’m sure I’ll reconsider that.

They also have a perfume called Secretions Magnifiques which embodies “blood, sweat, tears, and…” That ellipsis is tres sus 👀 The fragrance has been dubbed the most disgusting perfume in the world. Again - I’m in a grim mood and these scents appeal to my morbid fascination. I don’t want to spoil the entire experience for anyone who is interested but if this brand still needs selling, they do a scent called “Divin’ Enfant,” which they described as a tribute to “those sweet little monsters, children.” 🖤
I was very intrigued to hear about this box of samples. I've read about these perfumes and they sound very interesting. As they are quite expensive I decided to buy the samples and they are going to be my advent calendar. Can't wait.
Thanks for the tip.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What do you think of oriental perfumes? I recently blind bought Kenzo Jungle L'elephant and kind of like but, but it doesn't see to suit my personality...

Reactions: 3
Oh lord 🤣 I’m happy my curiosity never got the better of me!

That’s brave re secretions magnifique! I have exit the king here but I haven’t smelled it on my skin yet. I made a paper sample of it and it’s curious. It makes me think of exploring the cool edgy scene in SoHo, New York.
I am very interested in Exit The King. I used the quiz someone here posted to see which perfume is nearest one you already like. Apparantly Exit The King is close to Knowing by Estee Lauder. A woodsy aldehyde with rose notes.
What do you think?

@Curly Top I have not tried Knowing by EL. Exit The King is nice but I won’t buy an entire bottle of it.

Currently wearing Bel Azur by Tory Burch. It’s a deeply nostalgic scent for me. It brings me so much peace, clarity, and serenity. It smells like a sweet sea breeze in a bottle.

Reactions: 2
Thanks for that Sheabutter.
I didn't even know Tory Burch did perfume. I think I am a bit behind the times.
Will research.

Reactions: 1
What do you think of oriental perfumes? I recently blind bought Kenzo Jungle L'elephant and kind of like but, but it doesn't see to suit my personality...
I really like it, it was mum's favourite perfume and always got compliments wearing it. She passed away last year and there was a bottle on her dressing table which I've kept but haven't been able to bring myself to wear it yet 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I really like it, it was mum's favourite perfume and always got compliments wearing it. She passed away last year and there was a bottle on her dressing table which I've kept but haven't been able to bring myself to wear it yet 😢
I am so sorry for your loss and am sending you lots of love ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

• Heart
It's quite different from what I usually go for with all its spice, but I love it.
I wore it in my early twenties and bought a bottle recently, after all these years it's still super nice.
A little goes a long way.

• Heart
What are some nice fresh clean scent perfumes? Xx
I really like Jo Malone’s Nectarine Blossom & Honey. Kate Spade’s walk on air is also nice. They both smell like early spring. Wood Sage & Sea Salt.

Last edited:
Cinema by YSL is a beautiful oriental scent. It's expense but imo totally worth it. If you can test it, I'd def recommend doing so! It's warm & spicy. When I wear it I feel opulent.

What are some nice fresh clean scent perfumes? Xx
I recently blind bought Turquoise by Michael Kors. It says it smells like the ocean, I can picture that when I smell it, as in fresh like the ocean, not sea salty. It doesn't smell like a beach, more like you are floating in the middle of the ocean. I hope this makes sense. Anyways, I think it's nice. If you can test it, hopefully you'll like it! 🌊🧜‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Jean Paul Gaultier classique is the daily
Chanel Gabrielle is my fancy

If anyone likes coco mademoiselle try Home Bargains they have a copy cat and can’t go wrong for a few pounds 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

Jo Malone; English pear and freesia
Jo Malone; red`roses
Estee Lauder; beautifulmagnolia
Historically I loved Smitty, and 4711 eau de cologne

Has anyone tried Michael Kors Sexy Ruby? I was gifted the body lotion and its so nice.

Cinema by YSL is a beautiful oriental scent. It's expense but imo totally worth it. If you can test it, I'd def recommend doing so! It's warm & spicy. When I wear it I feel opulent.

I recently blind bought Turquoise by Michael Kors. It says it smells like the ocean, I can picture that when I smell it, as in fresh like the ocean, not sea salty. It doesn't smell like a beach, more like you are floating in the middle of the ocean. I hope this makes sense. Anyways, I think it's nice. If you can test it, hopefully you'll like it! 🌊🧜‍♀️
You are selling it to me!
Anybody use Fragrantica.com? You can type in a perfume you like and it suggests others you may like.

• Heart
You are selling it to me!
Anybody use Fragrantica.com? You can type in a perfume you like and it suggests others you may like.
I’m obsessed with fragrantica, it’s led me to buy loads more!

At the minute I’m really into Burberry Brit and a dupe of Delina exclusif because I can’t face forking out for the real one yet. But I think I’m gonna.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.