Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

paolo

Chatty Member
I know it's a popular thing right now to be racist against white people but I don't think it's a good idea to be racist to anyone. It just separates us all from important issues if we focus on colour.
I am not a caucasian and my people copy white culture a lot too and I don't care if it's just having fun and it's not hurting anyone.
It's easy enough to complain about the Maasses without making it about their race ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Sam-I-Am

Chatty Member
For anyone questioning the Medicaid program that Abbie is on... (Not to support but to inform the public that doesn’t understand, as I am a Mom of 4 kids that are on the Autism Spectrum)... Pretense, Asa has said she has a waiver, which I am assuming she actually does...

Most states have Medicaid waivers for ID/D children and adults, which includes children and adults that are on the Autism Spectrum.

The Medicaid waivers are not income restricted. It is actually the opposite because it “waves” the income requirements on the household...

The Medicaid waiver also “waves” the right to institutionalize an ID/D person into an institution. The children and adults that are placed on the wait list or into the waivers, usually are at risk for being placed into an institution due to the parents not able to handle the needs of the child or adult...

The state’s DHHS department gives a set allotment of money, per year, for each child/adult on the waivers, to support the family and disabled person, to stay and live within the community. It is usually much cheaper for the state to pay $60-80k a year for care, than +/-$150k per person to be institutionalized for the rest of their life. The waiver pays for respite care, accessibility, after school programs, etc.

Once a person is placed on the waiver, that person receives the waiver usually the rest of their life. Just like if they were placed into an institution because basically a parent is saying “I promise not to institutionalize my child and will take care of them in my house, if the state will support us by giving us needed supports within the house and into the community for them.”

Here is the kicker though. Most states have very strict requirements for waivers. It takes psychological reports, living evaluations, and multiple phone interviews to even apply for your child to sit on a wait list. Most states have years long waitlists for these waiver programs (Florida is 7 years long), in comparison, my state just stated the average is 9.5 years long.

Personally, I am surprised with as little functioning that Abbie can do and how unsafe she is, that she could qualify. I wouldn’t be shocked if the state didn’t pull her waiver eventually because of how little they use the services. The state can pull waivers if they feel the child or adult isn’t safe or needs more than the waiver can give but it takes a lot of reporting that happens through the case worker and showing that the waiver isn’t being used due to more extensive care needed...
There is a lot more that can be done but because of her functioning ability (or lack of), they aren’t able to utilize the waiver to its capability. They do make sure to utilize the respite care though (which our state caps out at 135 hours a month, don’t know about Florida) but she could be getting after school music therapy, way more ABA (inwhich our state is a minimum of 20 hours, any less shows inefficiency), etc..

Also, I don’t see why she isn’t getting more ABA therapy and it was cut back. She still struggles with going into public, staying safe, meltdowns and running off.. Those are very huge issues that her ABA therapist could be working with her on...

• Heart
Reactions: 9

lovesis

VIP Member

I especially agree with the first lady. When people say they have learned so much, I’m wondering what.....especially for someone who has a child with Autism themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Morningstar

Hi! New here! I’m so glad to have found this, I was beginning to think I was the only one thinking something was not right with this family! Something about Asa makes me feel he is very controlling and to be honest I have noticed how dismissive he is of people with autism opinions! For someone who is trying to raise awareness etc shouldn’t he be more engaged with peoples comments not just rudely snapping at them! Also the way Abbie is made to sit during mail time etc, she must be so bored!
I agree. I was almost afraid to post anything. But really anyone who looks at the situation can see what is happening. It just isn't pc to object. Dad will never admit this whole thing has made him very very rich. I see them receiving gifts from fans and companies pushing products and making money because of his daughters disability and it sickens me. The fact that she has absolutely no choice in being filmed is the worst. Truly is this any better than the things people used to do to profit from someone's physical and mental disabilities? If all the money went to her care instead of big homes and the newest camera or other purchases perhaps it would be better. I thought the whole idea was to further educate and bring attention to Autism. Less and less seems to be about Abbie. It has become the lifestyle of the rich and pat me on the back while I score awards. Abbie has gone from a girl enjoying life with her family to having a camera in her face. At times embarrassing her. She has to mass producing paintings, meet and greet strangers and be made to interact personally with them and has absolutely no rights given to her to refuse. If she tries she is accused of having a bad day. So very sad. You tube needs to stop the exploitation of children. Before a child is put in harm's way or bullied because of what their parents have used them for. I realize the parents wouldnt want to face what they are guilty of doing in all such channels. It would embarrass and hurt their feelings. But better to hurt now than watch their innocent child be hurt.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Sam-I-Am

Chatty Member
Personally I think it all goes back to Asa and whatever mental/personality disorder he is afflicted with. He display characteristics of many but most notable Narcissistic Personality disorder. I believe they both initially were embarrassed of Abbie’s action in public. I’m sure in the beginning she may have been diagnosed as Autistic. How easy to start a channel called “Fathering Autism” to explain her sorry to say, bizarre behavior in public. I think as the years have progressed she appears to be much more IDD with some Autistic tendencies. Now doing the right thing, he would change his channel name to Fathering Intellectual Development Disability, However how many people really now what IDD is and how is was formally referred to as mental retardation. Asa cannot, will not, ever bring himself to say that Abbie is ********, the term is to crass, offensive. I probably would say my child is autistic too, rather then IDD because of the negative, unfortunate stigma that goes along with it. However I am not filming my child 24/7 and put all on YouTube for those to see in attempt to “spread Autism awareness” This is fraudulent, unethical behavior especially to those of both the Autistic and IDD community.
100% correct and I completely agree.. Many children, as they grow and learn (or not learn or regress), have their diagnoses change. It was a reason I asked about Abbie having current evaluations within the last 3 years. If she is still running under a mental retardation diagnosis, it means she doesn’t have a current diagnosis evaluation (because that diagnosis is no longer acceptable). When you have a loved one with a mental health disorder, they need to be re-evaluated every 3 years, to keep their diagnosis paperwork updated because they can change..
Also, the reason he won’t change it to IDD is because he makes money off the Autism tag line. He goes to conferences to submit his “knowledge,” though who knows where that has came from? As far as I knew, they stuck her in a back room, while he worked and she ran the business, while just sending her to school for years. He wasn’t up googling, taking her to therapies, and then working as much as he could, constantly every day, to make sure she was succeeding...
I know because I seen the videos of when Abbie was little. She reminds me of my oldest daughter... My oldest does have Autism, LD/DD (not IDD because she can and is still learning as much as she can but is still behind some), has apraxia (went through 2-1/2 years of being non-verbal but I had her going to 35 hours of speech therapy and then working every day with her, at age 5-6 and she started to talk again), and lots of anxiety, sensory processing, etc... At the end of the day, I have busted my tail end off to get her to where she is at... I can say, I have dumped everything that I could into my child, even now that she is an teenager, she is still learning (she is 2 years from being a full adult).. I stayed up at night, researching, watching YouTube videos (not of families but educators), going to the library for books and research material, etc... We have successes, we have failures, we have regression but then we have victories.. What we don’t have? Shoving cameras in our kids faces, staying up editing videos, telling your kid(s) your to busy because you are “working” though just on the phone or editing videos, or anything else to distract us from our children. We are making sure that our children are thriving, learning and developing to their full potential... Sadly, I just don’t see that from them, which is horribly sad... Everytime they deny Abbie from playing with toys, making messes, and not disciplining her for bad behavior, they are doing her a disservice of learning and growing as a child..

• Heart

tiredofbs

Hey everyone!! New here. I am so glad I found this site. I thought I was the only one who felt some of these things. I hope you don't mind my rant. I'll put my thoughts in point form. I started watching the vlog last year and I really did enjoy it until now.

Before P's wieght loss surgery, she seened humble and genuine. No offense but she should not be getting pats on the back for all this weight loss. She is basically forced to eat less. It's not like she actually made a serious effort to lose the weight to no avail before the surgery.

She is lazy. Pure and simple. What happened to all the yoga and workouts she was supposed to do?

It seems now she is a bit too confident. She has taken on a new snotty attitude after her weight loss. All about me. Constant selfies with her phoney smile. Uggh

She needs TO STOP DOING TIK TOK VIDS.
She looks ridiculous! Grow up.

She is getting followers for limelife and triple P from fathering autism. Period. The make up is over rated and too expensive.
She needs to learn how to apply it abd CUT your hair ffs!

Yes, they need to cut Abbie's hair too. It's annoying to watch Abbey try and eat with ger hair in her mouth constantly.

Abbey is mentally challenged. Period. Not autistic.
There is NO bond between P and Abbie.

P's fake smile and disinterested look when Asa starts the vlog.
The kitchen floor in that house is hideous
I don't think the new house is all that nice. I pictured them in a newer one.
They bought it for THEM to entertain not for ABBIE. Gimme a break.
Waay to much "look at me" content.
Summer IS a replacement for their son
Becca is annoying. Zero personality.
Omg I could go on and on.....
I think everyone should unlike the vlog and not watch the vids. The just make money on them. I think a petition to Youtube shoukd be started as well about exploiting their daughter. If enough people sign it, the better chance of the page being shut down.

Noir Fan

VIP Member
I think a You tube channel name is in order, Fathering Gluttony.
Gluttony means over-indulgence and over-consumption of food, drink, or wealth items, particularly as status symbols. While her table was very nicely set up....it was in excess, just trying to impress. If her Gastric Sleeve surgeon saw it, he would be shaking his damn head. I work with this population, you can get the surgery but major lifestyle changes need to be made in order to maintain a healthy weight loss. For the record I am fat, overweight, obese. Why, because I eat too much and don’t exercise. I would not get this surgery until I am full ready to make a 100% commitment to changing my lifestyle. Like the majority of Bariatric surgery patients they just want a quick fix and then next thing you know the weight is back on and they use the excuse “my surgery failed”.
I agree with this as far as the temptation is concerned. In the past 17 months I have gone from 202 pounds to 120. In the middle of my weight loss I was diagnosed with breast cancer..which besides taking my hormone blocking pills (for the next 5 years), I have finished chemo and radiation. I limit myself to 1200 calories a day and log all my food. It’s very difficult, especially with temptations, but it can be done. I feel great and I know my diagnosis would have been much more difficult with the excess weight. By the way, I plan to eat what I want on Christmas and New Years Day. Lol!

• Heart

GossipTea

Summers Instagram - look how Abbie looks at her, how does that not inspire Priscilla to step up! Abbie never looks at her mother that way, but does someone who she hasn’t seen for how long! Summer must be genuinely nice to Abbie, definitely the look of love. what a shame even that moment had to have a camera stuck on her.
This made me think, Abbie is on 4 (5 with Brazee woman) YouTube accounts, 6 Instagram accounts, 5/6 facebooks pages possibly more along with all the blog pages and shares etc. Yet hasn’t a clue and hasn’t consented , it’s so sad how she’s on so many platforms, all she wants is music and fresh air and good snacks, yet her life is made so complicated for reasons she doesn’t even know!

• Heart
Wow abbies reaction to the aide in the water with her in the latest vlog with her new friend, she was smiling and splashing and then Priscilla tried to do the same thing and Abbie was not smiling or splashing it’s like she knows they only do this stuff with her for the vlogs. Poor baby at least she has a friend who she is loving hanging out with cause her parents sure as hell don’t care! I really think u guys are spot on with Priscilla resenting Abbie the relationship is very forced and even Abbie is thrown off when Priscilla tries to act like a mom with her!

• Heart

Morningstar

The same people more than likely including Abby's parents would be the first to shout and protest against child labor in other countries. Some of the same people are buying the Maass things which means they are supporting the child labor of Abby. Abby IS child labor. Why do people want to own something made by an autistic girl? Do They think it impresses others that they supported Abby? A quick look at the program or Google search of Asa or Priscilla Maass will expose where their money really went. Why do people want to possess something from a person they admire? To create some fantasy connection to said person? To make one feel like a humanitarian? This little girl obviously is forced to paint objects to sell. If she were in another country this would be considered child labor, cruel and unacceptable. It doesn't make one a better person to buy Abbys things. What it does is turn something she enjoyed into a job. It. Is causing this poor girl to be made to work when she could be playing. She lives in a $600, 000 McMansion and rides around in expensive cars yet she is made to peddle hand made crafts. Help stop the madness. Don't buy the Mass merchandise. Give to where you see the money is actually used for an honest cause. Stop helping th Maass family amass a fortune to benefit themselves not Abby and not Autism.

• Heart

Hotographer512

VIP Member
Why wasn’t Priscilla involved in the conversation today? I haven’t watched a ton of older videos but did they ever say why Asa is portrayed as Abbies caretaker, ie “Fathering Autism”.
She was most likely
1. Shopping - gotta get her 'things'.
2. Hair or nail appointment.
3. Eating.
4. Some other self absorbed behavior.

• Haha

FaLaLaLaNahLer

Chatty Member
That is no place for a young 20 something to live! It looks like a health hazard, even for mental health. Maybe she can get a place w/ Becca. She deserves to be focused on college & not a nanny slave. It’ll get old real fast. I felt like Isaiah wasn’t thrilled w/ the idea. He deserves to come home from college & have his home & parents to himself. A&P are just thrilled because they’ll have someone to watch their adult toddler! The more I see Ab, the less I see autism! Abbie seems to have the mental development of a baby-toddler, non-verbal, & maybe even some Schizophrenia w/ lack of empathy (also grouchy expression) & she follows things w/ her eyes, so hallucinations. I wonder how much genetic testing they’ve ever done. And if they want Summer close, they should pay for a cute apt. for her & a roommate! Save that narrow, moldy, ugly walled room for storing all the holiday decor!

• Heart

GossipTea

Summer has already took Abbie Target Seriously she will feel pressure to take her everywhere she goes, I imagine. I can’t see Summer enjoying this long term. Why isn’t Summer with her own family at Christmas! I know Abbie will love her around but what happens when Summer leaves for her career or starts her own family or are they hoping she never leaves? Asa and Pricilla will be loving this full time sitter for Abbie.

Hotographer512

VIP Member
She has to be reading here. Do you see how much more engaged and loving she is towards Abbie when the camera is on? 😆😆
Such BS.
Those fake ass Instagram posts confessing her love for Abbie are nauseating to me.
Why is it after over 1,000 vlogs suddenly now she loves Abbie?
Hugging on her. Kissing on her. Sitting beside her. Telling her she loves her. She RARELY did that in the old(er) vlogs. It is just recently that it happens and its real friggin obvious what she's doing btw.
It could have something to do with Summer being there full time also.
I don't wanna give US all the credit. 😆
#fakeassbitch. #garbagelipmomma.
#cillasliesnthings.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Morningstar

Why are there no negative comments on their page? Surely there are objections but I have seen not one negative comment. And WOW saying Abbie was being a jerk?! Really? Ummm...WHO is being a jerk? Maybe just maybe she would rather look into the eyes of her loved ones instead of the eye of that stupid camera. Imagine if that precious young lady understands much more than they think she does. No wonder she often looks like she is ready to cry. I predict that eventually Asa and Priscilla will have so many self made You Tube channels that Abbie will fade into the background. Time passes too quickly. Do they want to be a participant or an observer in her life? The whole situation is heartbreaking.

Hotographer512

VIP Member
@Glowfish - you have seen the light!! Yayyyy! Your intentions were definitely good. I was fooled in the beginning too. A lot are still being fooled.
Assa is in my opinion, among and including all the other adjectives used here in this forum to describe him, another P.T. Barnum.
Poor Abbie is the sideshow.

• Heart