Fathering Autism #91 Big P's cankles bring all the humpers to the yard!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, where are the special needs that they're hiring? Didn't Asa say that all of that type of hiring goes through some other avenue? I could've totally misunderstood, but I got the impression that if it ever happens, it's far down the pipeline.
I thought of Asshat during a work webinar today. One of the topics was preferred pronouns....and that led to a conversation about the term special needs. Apparently, that offends many people who would rather be called disabled.
The reason I thought of Asa was because of the way he insists that Abbie is not disabled, shes special needs. If special needs goes the way of the Dodo, like so many other terms and phrases, he will be PISSED.....because he'd have to admit that Abbie is disabled. Kinda made me chuckle, thinking of him and him alone offending the world with a term everyone else dropped. It would be totally like him to do so! LOL

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
[
But a big cause of a receding hairline is traction alopecia. In other words, having the hair pulled back so much causes hair to get pulled out and this results in bald spots along the hairline.
interesting…. This could be Abbie’s hairline.

I imagine they will offer to participate in a program like this to give work experience maybe?? this is from her school. And employ some people…

Our vocational students have a wide array of opportunities and responsibilities available to them, including the maintenance and development of a tower and raised bed garden, landscaping, office job skills, community partnerships, cooking and food preparation skills, project creation, and product sales. Additionally, all our students participate in on-the-job training opportunities at one or more of the following community partners: Alpha Omega Thrift Store, Daily’s Place, Dick’s Wings, Hope’s Closet Thrift Store, Jax4Kids, Longhorn Steakhouse, Lutheran Social Services Food Pantry, M Shack, Publix, Trad’s Garden Center, and Tropical Smoothie Cafe.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Food food food!! Eat! Abby eat eat eat food eat food now eat food now! And who’s fault is it if you leave your expensive site design within reach of your daughter who stems with paper and eats anything she can get her hands on? I’m two minutes in and I want to smack someone

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I dislike the Maassive’s as much as most tattlers but after watching this vlog I just don’t know how they cope with her every day. She was running wild and although he doesn’t show this behaviour much anymore I suspect that she’s like this a lot of the time.
They make no effort to control the behaviours and she just does what she likes so I suppose they aren’t helping themselves by allowing her free reign but i couldn’t live like that for all the money in the world.
Autism is hard. Abbie must be hard work a lot of the time nobody would deny that. The thing that infuriated me with that vlog is that there is bugger all put in place for her to manage the transition. P says transitions are hard, most children with autism find it hard. But there was no prepping her, no visual explanation of where she was going, what was happening next. Then P just barked orders at her, which I think she struggled to understand- I don’t think she was just being spoilt in this, she was genuinely upset and anxious about what was happening. I also think dumping that bag by the car, she was looking for somewhere to put the bag down possibly to get in the car. Made me wonder if she normally gave her bag to someone before getting in the car so she was confused.

P was hilarious though, so dramatic and over the top. She was stressed to the max! Abbie was feeding off that too.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I hope Ab acts up like that every time she is at Selfishwrld.
I just watched it. That was the only appearance of their respite worker, Miss Renata. Abbie was super hyped up. I would think that Cilla would put to rest the "putting her IPad and phone" in her backpack after she saw Abbie's non-compliance. I feel that there were too many demands on her that she didn't understand.

Sadly, today I saw the same vacant look on my mother's face when I visited her.

So, where are the special needs that they're hiring? Didn't Asa say that all of that type of hiring goes through some other avenue? I could've totally misunderstood, but I got the impression that if it ever happens, it's far down the pipeline.
From the job description, it seems that the employees will be multi-tasking and doing various duties, that I believe would be difficult for a special needs individual. Please correct me if off-base.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Autism is hard. Abbie must be hard work a lot of the time nobody would deny that. The thing that infuriated me with that vlog is that there is bugger all put in place for her to manage the transition. P says transitions are hard, most children with autism find it hard. But there was no prepping her, no visual explanation of where she was going, what was happening next. Then P just barked orders at her, which I think she struggled to understand- I don’t think she was just being spoilt in this, she was genuinely upset and anxious about what was happening. I also think dumping that bag by the car, she was looking for somewhere to put the bag down possibly to get in the car. Made me wonder if she normally gave her bag to someone before getting in the car so she was confused.

P was hilarious though, so dramatic and over the top. She was stressed to the max! Abbie was feeding off that too.
What bothered me most was she was more concerned with having the camera pointed in the right direction instead of taking care of the behaviors. Just like everything else, it’s all about content

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Noir, I saw the same when when my Mom's dementia went into overdrive. Her face was often expressionless and her motor skills were gone. There are things that I see in Abbie that my Mom did, especially in lack of understanding and ability to focus and pay attention.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I thought of Asshat during a work webinar today. One of the topics was preferred pronouns....and that led to a conversation about the term special needs. Apparently, that offends many people who would rather be called disabled.
The reason I thought of Asa was because of the way he insists that Abbie is not disabled, shes special needs. If special needs goes the way of the Dodo, like so many other terms and phrases, he will be PISSED.....because he'd have to admit that Abbie is disabled. Kinda made me chuckle, thinking of him and him alone offending the world with a term everyone else dropped. It would be totally like him to do so! LOL
Makes me chuckle everytime they mention they “work really hard” or other bullshit like that! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 work where?! Lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Omg abbie literally said no everytime they asked if she wanted to eat (no matter how many slick/different ways they tried asking, including jumpcuts) and assa has the audacity to tell abbie on the way into the restaurant “I appreciate your willingness”....umm like she has a choice, you two wanted to eat regardless of how stressed she was or how uncomfortable she was.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
1)Abbie dressed herself. Abbie showered by herself. Abbie got a candle by herself. Abbie can’t figure out how to use the straw....although we know she sees those two three times daily. 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼
2) If that tit sensory room is one of the best rooms, I sure as hell cannot wait to see what the others look like. 🙀 Horrendous. Tacky...🤢

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Also, if FA was about autism, and SW is all about employing special needs, then why not go into talks about how they went about the process of hiring special needs? They're full of tit! Wait, do I use a different word other than special needs? I'm so sorry if I fucked that up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Noir, I saw the same when when my Mom's dementia went into overdrive. Her face was often expressionless and her motor skills were gone. There are things that I see in Abbie that my Mom did, especially in lack of understanding and ability to focus and pay attention.
Its so heartbreaking. ❤❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
If i was the mother of teens (especially daughters) i would be very uncomfortable with a private business promoting the fact they have change rooms so you can get into swimsuits for the ball pit pool background. Their website says 13 and up do not need adult supervision, seems like a risky business idea to have unsupervised 13 year olds in bathing suits taking photos.
So true and if I'm remembering correctly they said if a parent accompanies them they have to buy a ticket. If it were my child/teen that would throw red flags and more red flags.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
1)Abbie dressed herself. Abbie showered by herself. Abbie got a candle by herself. Abbie can’t figure out how to use the straw....although we know she sees those two three times daily. 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼
2) If that tit sensory room is one of the best rooms, I sure as hell cannot wait to see what the others look like. 🙀 Horrendous. Tacky...🤢
That "Abbie inspired" room was so dumb. Abbie picks fabric out because she likes to stim with it.. so therefore Selfish world patrons will somehow want to be photographed in front of the fabric Abbie likes to. stim on? The only ones wanting that room will be the HUMPERS.

If you wanted to photograph yourself in front of a bunch of fabric..just go to the fabric store.. but I cant imagine anyone would want that selfie.. of course the whole concept of Selfish world escapes me.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Yep, I think they keep saying that over and over just for the leghumpers.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I thought Pig said she also crapped a candle all by herself

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.