Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

10fingers10toes

The potential is still there. She's at a school that helps and has a good therapist. What really holds her back are her parents. They can talk a good game about autism, but they mismanage her care at home so completely that I wonder if that is intentional.
Thank you! In recent months they mentioned (as if some new troublesome issue that she has) that she started going to their bathroom, removing her clothes (or most of them?), getting in the shower, turning it on (temp auto set) and basically trying to shower. New skill?? No, according to them, troublesome because she leaves the shower on, gets out wet and naked and goes about her day.

Okay, wasn't this is new skill? Something teachable that they could guide her through to help encourage some independence. They are content to leave her on the couch like in the "grudge" picture, but annoyed that she atleast made initiative to do an necessary daily task that she apparently could/possibly learn to do somewhat independently?

I agree, are they intentionally holding her back? Or, could it be that they are just too lazy to allow her to do more, it would be more personal time from them... Priscilla would have to put the phone down more, Mr. Ego would have to put the camera down and use his hands more than his mouth. Oh, and they might miss a few Dunkin trips, darn it ⚖

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Sweetums

VIP Member
I hope your Daughter feels better!

Also, there is a huge difference between the two of you so don't you ever worry! You are not vlogging your child and ignoring her in the process and just by your response right now, I just get this vibe from you that you would apologize if your child freaked someone out even if it was an accident and if the woman didn't speak English, you may try a translator or something to make it work.

You're doing the best you can, don't ever doubt yourself! I'm sure your child appreciates that you spend time with her as YOU where you're actually listening to what she wants and needs and you're not always holding a camera when you go out with her.

Abbie won't even look at a camera without them telling her like 3 times for a picture with anyone, my guess would be she thinks they want to film her some more.
They need to add "stop fuckin' filming me" to all of her communication devices.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Sweetums

VIP Member
They 100% have been reading here and I'm tooting my own horn and I don't give a fuck. I mentioned Abbie's hair in her face where she can eat it. I have been here like 2 days? The other videos may have been old but this recent unedited thing, they have her hair up in a bun now so I appreciate that. It actually DOES make Abby look older and she looks a bit more cleaned up.
Still think she will cough up a hair ball one of these days. There is no reason they can't teach her to eat properly. They tell her to take a break and she does for all of 2 seconds and starts chowing down again while hovering over her food and shoveling it in while looking out of the corner of her eye. Its laziness on their fault. Be consistant. Make her pause more than 2 seconds before she does choke. That has nothing to do with autism. Bad manners and no follow through.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Mother2

Chatty Member
These folks are all just weak individuals. All Abigail has to do is start throwing a fit like a baby and they all are like ," what do you need?!?! "How can I help you?!?!" "Oh its alright sweet girl!!!!" "How can we help her?!". I honestly would tell her to go to her room and throw the fit bc, I don't want to see that crazy stuff. I definitely wouldn't give in and give her what she wants. That's just reinforcing the tantrum and they do it every time. The therapist do it too. Brandi let's her take a million breaks per session and they don't get much done due to that. It's a waste if they keep giving in to all of the little tricks Abigail has learned to get out of any and everything.

• Heart

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
Speaking of Summer and school, and Becca too....I wonder when they will start to have a conflict with what they are learning about ABA from professionals, and what Asa says? Becca will be interning at JSA soon and surrounded by real educators and therapists. Will be interesting to say the least.
She may also see what they really think of the Maass family and Abbie's behavior at school.

I actually don't find it that odd or 'wrong' for Summer & Isaiah to play-fight with Abbie, tickle her etc. As we've said many many times already, Abbie's mentality is much younger than her physical age. Anywhere from 1 - 3 years old depending on the situation. They're relating to her on that level. If she were an NT 15 year old - that would be a different story. Also, it clearly makes Abbie happy. She doesn't get upset or in distress by it.
Because of Abbie's size and physical age I find it inappropriate. Also, they want her to be gentle with people and she doesn't realize the difference. She pinches, kicks, pulls hair...if she is treated gently they can teach her to touch gently.

• Heart

MaidenX

VIP Member
I can't believe this idiot made corona virus jokes in the vlog today... and saw people in masks and STILL talking BS about it wasn't a big deal yet. Um it was long before they declared an emergency and shut things down. Were telling people to avoid gatherings and talking about shutting stuff down. Are people so dense they can't think past "well they said so... so obviously its true"

• Wow
  • Angry

GrammaL

Chatty Member
Awareness,kindness,etc are all great. But,it does NOT mean that your child,no matter her challenges can scream,run,bounce,poke,prod,etc me in my space.
An accident is one thing,and it should be acknowledged and yes,an I am sorry should be given.

People blasting that woman because of her reaction to Abbie is another of the Maas family followers traits- bullying.
Not that the woman needed a reason for her reaction,but what if just maybe she had some sort of challenge herself!

And as to the filming inside the aquarium,keep the damned thing aimed on your family and your family only! Again,someone could be seen on those vlogs that does not want to be seen. I don’t give a good dawg damn if it’s allowed by law! It’s called privacy. If someone were to be hurt because of being in one of those vlogs,am sure you would blame that person themself!

• Heart

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
They could all take lessons on how to treat Abbie from Brandi.

I do think she was happier with A&P gone and liked the time she spent with the kids. Her behavior was better, her sleeping was better. A&P need to keep her busier, do more with her not AT her.

Is it me or does it look like Abbie's hand is not quite right? Fingers bending in odd ways and the overall look of her hand is just strange to me. Is this common for Autistic individuals or those with IDD?
We discussed this in the last thread and posted video of Asa talking about OT. She has very low muscle tone. If they had worked better and daily with her it may be better, but....they obviously did not.

• Heart

Kermy

VIP Member
It makes me so angry how they allowed Abbie to grab that lady, and the fans are not only condoning it but wishing it was them. wtf? what a liar that fat man is as well. he did not apologize or correct her behaviour! there is a full 10+ seconds after the incident before they cut to a new clip where there was no apology so he can not try and make the excuse that the apology was just edited out. Then when they do cut to a new clip, its Assa condoning the behaviour saying the lady is just not used to dancing.

View attachment 97356View attachment 97357View attachment 97358View attachment 97359View attachment 97360View attachment 97361
View attachment 97362

Then there is this comment.

View attachment 97363

I'm just going to say this once for people who can't seem to grasp this concept.

NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO TOUCH ANOTHER PERSONS BODY WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION.
These people are freaking nuts
Newsflash leghumpers Abbies behaviors are not cute . They are disruptive and scary. How many of them would be so honored and understanding if it happened to them and it wasn't Abbie. Wake up and smell the Dunkin, what you have is an out if control toddler who is going to hurt someone one day and no amount of "oh she's autistic" will stop a lawsuit

• Heart
  • Haha

ICAAC

I agree so totally with your post! I wish I said it all 1st...you are so spot on

I was wondering if they felt the need to show her eating AT HOME. Because they sure been eatin' out lots! Least 2 or 3 times a day for crying out loud
Do you know what they didn't feel the need to do though? Let the strands in her face while she was eating get pulled back. Summer was there, she could of fixed that but no they allowed her to sit there and eat her hair along with that sandwich.

Just give her a damn pixie cut or take it to her ears! If none of you know how to do her hair in a basic ponytail or care enough to do so then just cut it into a damn bob to her ears and give her some bang so that shit isn't in her face!

Man, I hate to say this but it would be best for them to send Abbie to a care facility to live at when she turns 18, she should go now. She would thrive so well without them.

I know this is going to sound bad but I hope they have a plan B because she's not 'cute' anymore as opposed to some earlier videos, she's not a young girl and there are tons of parents willing to extort their 7-8 year old kids with Autism. Nobody is going to be watching a 20 year old woman doing this shit with Mommy and Daddy trying to Vlog in a few years. That ball pit from Vid-Con, yes she did seem to enjoy it but do you think they'd be AS accommodating to a 20 year old woman shoving kids out of the way? She'll be stronger then and then when the youtube train dies down, the sweet girl of theirs is gonna be confined to the couch with everyone ignoring her asking 'food' x50

cucumber

VIP Member
My my P sure gets defensive doesnt she? Her reply to someone who dared to question her about the timing of her travel during a pandemic....She says 'we had no restrictions on us when we left. We live in Florida"

okay no legal law against it. but how about some common sense or concern about your fellow human beings?

• Heart

Baymaus

Chatty Member
I sincerely wish that Abbie can be "taught" to do more things.
However, the reality is, she's been left in the wild for far too long and I don't believe she has the "ability".
Sadly, that train left the station long ago.
In my opinion.
The potential is still there. She's at a school that helps and has a good therapist. What really holds her back are her parents. They can talk a good game about autism, but they mismanage her care at home so completely that I wonder if that is intentional.

• Heart

Kermy

VIP Member
Wow, these people are a bunch of panhandling hustlers. Congratulations "Crazy" Nanny for getting out of that 🎪🎭🤹‍♀️. She was not about that monkey business, faking for the cameras and scripted vlog drama. By the time they moved to the new house, she was always taking Abbie out, on walks and different places. Anyone notice that Abbie's recent sleep problems started right after Nanny left them? And I was mad at what Priscilla had to say about her leaving..."oh we supported her through everything". Yeah while she took care of your special needs daughter, bathed and toileted her, played with her, took her places, did art with her, took her for walks and folded their laundry, house sat for them, turns out had a long commute to get to their place and her husband has Cancer. They didn't appreciate her, always praise for Becca and Summer, even in the new house they said "yeah Abbie is getting used to walking because Becca takes her out" Really??:cautious:, now all Abbie has are these "kids" who can't even get her to go into Target, and get happy about "making" her a "meal" of PB&J and chips. Where is Abbie's art Asa? What does summer and Becca actually DO with Abbie.... ooooooh yeah, boops, tickle time and patty cake, priorities right Priscilla ;):unsure:
You forgot to add one thing to the did art with her....that they then sold it at an overinflated price misrepresented as being made by Abbie when crazy nanny dud 99.99% of the work

• Heart
  • Angry

RocketQueen

VIP Member
Oh, and P at the 10:30 mark....trying so hard to look like an Instagram model. Isaiah called her out "She wants to be in a picture so bad!"

• Haha
  • Sick

GrammaL

Chatty Member
Morning All,( or afternoon,evening). Don’t know about most of you, but the image of her and her “milkshake” TiKTok just wouldn’t leave me last nite.

Does she really not understand what that all implies? Aside from that,doesn’t she know that Isiahs friends could see this and if they have never said anything before,this just may be the one they do? Is Isiah so naive/sheltered that he won’t/didn’t get the implications of this?

She’s that neighbor I would tell my kids to stay away from.If this is what they put out for public consumption,anyone wonder what goes on behind the scenes?

• Haha

RocketQueen

VIP Member
Yes, the encouraging the hyper behavior and tickling is SO annoying. Are any of you holding down (or did) your 15 yr old and tickling and booping their noses? Or letting the 18 yr old brother roll around wrestling her? Did I raise my "typical teen" too harshly? Its creepy. Are they going to be tickling her when shes a frumpy 30 yr old?

• Heart

Take no prisoners

The Coronavirus Pandemic:
In this time of uncertainty, people around the world must do their part to slow down the spread and defeat the invisible enemy coronavirus. Practice social distancing, check on our elderly, provide positive messages on social media, wash our hands, use hand sanitizer. Pitycilla must be proud she is doing her part:
Screenshot_20200317-185003~2.png

Pitycilla, you are worse than bottom of the barrel, you are the garbage juice found on the bottom of the barrel.

• Heart
  • Angry

MaidenX

VIP Member
I think shit talking a disabled child to be pretty sad and doesn't make a person any better then the people being accused of exploitation. It makes me sad to think some seems to get enjoyment out of calling Abby useless, and too ******** to love or even think. She clearly does prefer certain people over others. Seems happier and calmer around some people (not that any are her parents.) She is capable of learning, it just takes more time and different approaches. She is not too far gone behaviour wise. It is not her fault it is solely her parents doing. And I have thought for awhile now her lack of growth and progress is intentional. What "break throughs" they show people are only to get veiws/click bait, nothing more.

I think if Ab stopped being profitable they would end up putting her in a facility. I also think P would leave. She doesn't give a shit about being a mother outside of the facade. A is so in love with his narcissist self her probably already stepping out again.

I am sure soon there vlogs will be pandering for sympathy because they are shut off from DD and chickfila. Hoping people send them gifts and money. Gotta take advantage of the pandemic. They would sure to make bank if one of them gets sick.

• Heart

Mother2

Chatty Member
Had another nightmare folks. I was at the store and the entire family (Asa, the big lady, Abigail and Isaiah) were following me around coughing and sneezing on me and Asa kept telling everyone "We are YouTube stars! We are YouTube stars!!"and I left my groceries that I had sitting and took off running away from them and I thought I had got away but, right when I got in my car to leave, I look in the rearview mirror and there they are!!! All crammed in my back seat!! Asa says," We just got back from Atlanta and I have the virus " I said," you motherfuckers!!" Right before I woke up I hear ," Welcome to the vlog!!" God, its awful!!! I've had it!!

• Haha