Fathering Autism #7 The lies, the scams and the redwood sized thighs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have mentioned before that I have lost 90 pounds within the last almost 2 years. My loose skin is not a pretty thing. No surgery for me though. I’m close to 70 (yikes)...who cares at this point. As long as I look good with clothes on...lol!
I lost 152 lbs over 2 yrs. And everyone laughs when I tell them this, but when I started I bought a Total Gym. You know, the Chuck Norris machine? I have very little loose skin and believe it is bc I used it from jump. I've def got problem areas but nothing anyone would gasp at.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I lost 152 lbs over 2 yrs. And everyone laughs when I tell them this, but when I started I bought a Total Gym. You know, the Chuck Norris machine? I have very little loose skin and believe it is bc I used it from jump. I've def got problem areas but nothing anyone would gasp at.
Congratulations, that's impressive. I don't think any amount of exercise is going to fix Cilla's bat wings.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yeah. It's all fun and games until she tries to elope from a moving vehicle..... Asshat strikes again.
I’ve been wondering about the same thing. How do they put her all belted up in an SUV... but seems she is only under one lousy belt in the golf cart... they have complained about her opening the doors in the cars which is why they put child safety locks on there. I always wonder when Abbie is going to jump out of that damn golf cart and run from the tit show. It’s gonna happen one day, but I bet they won’t put it on the vlog cause I said what I said here.

Reactions: 8
But if you click on the "how" button under earnings, it just gives a mumbo-jumbo formula of how they are guessing what they earn. It could be way higher or way lower.
You can get an idea doing the math yourself. Look back at how much they were making per month before they made it private. In December 2018 they were making $1523/mo with 160 patrons and an average of $9.52 per patron. They now have 513 patrons, which would mean they are making $4,884/mo from Patreon if their average was the same (about $60k/year). Their average was increasing steadily, so it's probably more than that.

I don't know how to estimate what they make from their YT channel. It feels like they get over 100k views a day (based on the fact they already have 25k for today's video and over 75k from yesterday's.) I'm guessing at least $6k/month. Adding that to our Patreon estimate, we're at about $11k/month or $132k/year. Add to that sponorship deals and merchandise.

This estimate/guesswork is based on daily videos. They seem to have 100k viewers who will watch every single video, so the more videos he makes, the more money he makes. I do not think they can keep up this pace and I do not think they can count on this kind of money coming in consistently from these sources beyond five years MAX. I think they will lose views when Isaiah goes to college big time (he's one of the best parts of the show) and I think they will lose views as Abbie enters adulthood. Plus it's just exhausting and now has to be done out of necessity (to pay for the house and other recent expenses), so it isn't as much about passion and drive and creativity and wanting to "make it" or make a difference.

I've seen a lot of speculation about their money situation in these threads and just thought people would like something more concrete. Turns out they might be making a lot less than I thought. What I see is them living within their means for now, but not being particularly wise, but it's hard to say without being privy to their sponsorship deals and merchandise sales info.

Reactions: 11
I have mentioned before that I have lost 90 pounds within the last almost 2 years. My loose skin is not a pretty thing. No surgery for me though. I’m close to 70 (yikes)...who cares at this point. As long as I look good with clothes on...lol!
That is an awesome accomplishment! My weight loss is very slow and painful but I’ll get there and I hope to be as successful as you. Congrats!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You can get an idea doing the math yourself. Look back at how much they were making per month before they made it private. In December 2018 they were making $1523/mo with 160 patrons and an average of $9.52 per patron. They now have 513 patrons, which would mean they are making $4,884/mo from Patreon if their average was the same (about $60k/year). Their average was increasing steadily, so it's probably more than that.

I don't know how to estimate what they make from their YT channel. It feels like they get over 100k views a day (based on the fact they already have 25k for today's video and over 75k from yesterday's.) I'm guessing at least $6k/month. Adding that to our Patreon estimate, we're at about $11k/month or $132k/year. Add to that sponorship deals and merchandise.

This estimate/guesswork is based on daily videos. They seem to have 100k viewers who will watch every single video, so the more videos he makes, the more money he makes. I do not think they can keep up this pace and I do not think they can count on this kind of money coming in consistently from these sources beyond five years MAX. I think they will lose views when Isaiah goes to college big time (he's one of the best parts of the show) and I think they will lose views as Abbie enters adulthood. Plus it's just exhausting and now has to be done out of necessity (to pay for the house and other recent expenses), so it isn't as much about passion and drive and creativity and wanting to "make it" or make a difference.

I've seen a lot of speculation about their money situation in these threads and just thought people would like something more concrete. Turns out they might be making a lot less than I thought. What I see is them living within their means for now, but not being particularly wise, but it's hard to say without being privy to their sponsorship deals and merchandise sales info.
It baffles me why one pays for content that is free to some extent. I mean I can pull up their vlogs on FB for no charge. I see the sponsorship link below it,but why do I need to see”special content”? I to agree that as Abbie is aging, it will start to fizzle. Unlike say,a person like Jen,who herself can communicate,has great variety,etc. Abbie herself has nothing to offer and A&P have already changed the format to really make it about themselves more than anything. Don’t think many of the up and coming young people who watch YouTube will be looking for that type of content to watch.

Reactions: 10
I’ve been wondering about the same thing. How do they put her all belted up in an SUV... but seems she is only under one lousy belt in the golf cart... they have complained about her opening the doors in the cars which is why they put child safety locks on there. I always wonder when Abbie is going to jump out of that damn golf cart and run from the tit show. It’s gonna happen one day, but I bet they won’t put it on the vlog cause I said what I said here.

I don't know.... I mean yeah its embarrassing to have her jump out the golf cart when we all predicted that it would happen. But that's prime YouTube content right there! You know A can't pass that up! I can see it now. Abbie is such a typical teen! she doesn't want to hang out with her parents in the golf cart 🤪 hahah aww so cute.

Follow up post about how other drivers need to be more accommodating to their autistic daughter running through traffic.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
While at the park,I wonder if they asked those other families if they minded being video taped. I know I wouldn’t want to be plastered all over the web without consent.
Our family recently recently Went out on a tourist boat ride, about 20 people on board. A lady was live streaming to god knows where her 7ish year old daughter. She followed her around and didn’t really care who was in the background, it was the most awkward 45 min outing ever cos we were just trying to not get on her live stream, but it’s a small boat so it’s not like you can walk away, not once did she say hi or acknowledg us in the background. Very uncomfortable for all, even the captain was way tamer than usual knowing he was being filmed. Since then I often think about those going about their day in public places in vlogs like these and feel sorry for them

• Wow
Idk whether to be concerned or jealous, but A$$a's boobs are bigger than mine... And I'm a woman in my 20's.

I don't understand why he isn't wearing a man bra!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I don't know.... I mean yeah its embarrassing to have her jump out the golf cart when we all predicted that it would happen. But that's prime YouTube content right there! You know A can't pass that up! I can see it now. Abbie is such a typical teen! she doesn't want to hang out with her parents in the golf cart 🤪 hahah aww so cute.

Follow up post about how other drivers need to be more accommodating to their autistic daughter running through traffic.
Or they will click bait the vlog with "Abbie Elopes!"

Reactions: 11
Abbie is in NO way a typical teen! She doesn’t talk on the phone or text. She doesn’t talk about the silly things teen girls do. She hasn’t seen any of the latest movies,concerts,etc.
Sorry,not sorry- you cannot have it both ways. Either she is Challenged,needs all the things that go w it,or she doesn’t,and as such,set her out into the world to make her way.
Whilst I agree with a lot of what is said here, I really don't agree with everything in this point. I think that with Abbie, as with many people with disabilities, you can, in a sense, have it both ways. Whilst Abby is not a normal teenager, she can still grow, mature and enjoy teenage things (and act like a teenager too), whilst still having additional needs. Just because Molly Burke is blind, does not mean she can't be a typical woman and wasn't a typical teen. Just because AspiePrincess has autism, does not mean she cannot enjoy typical things like festivals and concerts with her friends. Just because someone who is a wheelchair user or has down syndrome has additional needs (like requiring a lift/wheelchair access) does not mean they cannot also enjoy typical things.

• Heart
She has redwood size thighs.... she actually appears to have a disease called Lipedema. A viewer pointed out she had the classic symptoms but was ignored.... Stage 2 progressing to a 3 she appears to be.

Lipedema info- https://www.leslynkeith.com/lipedema.html
Yeah, I mentioned this a few posts up. Was curious if it was possibly Lipedema or lymphedema. Obviously, we are not medical professionals. But, as it says on that link you provided, lipedema cannot be changed with diet or exercise which is why despite the weightloss surgery, her butt and legs are still huge.

Whilst I agree with a lot of what is said here, I really don't agree with everything in this point. I think that with Abbie, as with many people with disabilities, you can, in a sense, have it both ways. Whilst Abby is not a normal teenager, she can still grow, mature and enjoy teenage things (and act like a teenager too), whilst still having additional needs. Just because Molly Burke is blind, does not mean she can't be a typical woman and wasn't a typical teen. Just because AspiePrincess has autism, does not mean she cannot enjoy typical things like festivals and concerts with her friends. Just because someone who is a wheelchair user or has down syndrome has additional needs (like requiring a lift/wheelchair access) does not mean they cannot also enjoy typical things.
I'd say it's not that she isn't allowed to enjoy these things, it's that she doesn't have the mental capacity or understanding. Her mental age is more than likely that of a toddler, thus her interests are going to be more toddler sorts of interests. Physically she is 14 years old, but mentally she is not. I think what GrammaL is talking about is A&P attributing Abbie's behaviors to being just like any other neurotypical 14 year old girl when she very clearly is not. Abbie's conditions are on the severe end of things so, it isn't really accurate to just say they are additional needs. This implies that for the most part she lives, thinks, and functions neurotypically or ''normally'' but just needs a little help here and there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
No one is saying she shouldn’t enjoy things, were saying why forcefully try to engage her in activities such a Playlist just because they are “typical teenager” events?

She was told to wave and hug people and didn’t even know why. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see she has no clue what is going on. Why take her to hockey games when she’ll most likely just sit there and rock with no idea what she’s supposed to be enjoying? And if we really want to be specific, I doubt most teenage girls would enjoy themselves at a hockey game. They would most likely be on their phone giggling and not paying attention to the game. Abbie doesn’t have that choice unless she pulls out her iPad, which we don’t even know if she knows how to use it because they avoid talking about it. I have asked several times what she likes to do/watch on her iPad and I have been ignored. They have yet to talk about what Abbies interest are. We see them go to Playlist and we see Priscilla Tik Toking, we don’t see Abbie Tik Toking unless it’s forced.

You know a cool place to take Abbie. One of those foam jumping places or even go carting. She loves riding in the golf cart, I bet she’d enjoy go carting with Summer. As some have been saying, warm up the pool and throw a pool party. Invite some of her friends from school.....I bet she would be thrilled to see some familiar faces from her school..

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I don’t agree with this at all. Abbie does not have the capacity to enjoy normal teenage things. Nobody is saying that disabled people shouldn’t enjoy typical things, of course they should but Abbie mostly isn’t aware of her surroundings in that she doesn’t recognise a festival and couldn’t care less about typical teenage girl things like hair, makeup, social media etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm up early today folks and I decided to go back and look at some older videos and I have come to the conclusion that these ppl are about as useful as a sack of wet mice.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Age-appropriate. You don't take a toddler to a rock concert

Reactions: 19
Just bc she has been on this earth for almost 15 years dosen't mean she has that same mental capacity. (Does that make sense?) I agree with everything you said it just doesn't apply to Abigail.

Reactions: 16
She has redwood size thighs.... she actually appears to have a disease called Lipedema. A viewer pointed out she had the classic symptoms but was ignored.... Stage 2 progressing to a 3 she appears to be.

Lipedema info- https://www.leslynkeith.com/lipedema.html
Im no doctor, but she had to be examined for surgery and nothing was mentioned. She bragged about how nothing was wrong, not even blood pressure or sugar. Im sure if she had Lipedema her surgeons would have warned her that surgery wouldnt help. And she clearly isnt suffering from pain or mobility issues, as evidenced by her Tik Toks. Its possible, but you"d think she would talk about it too, since she did the whole "journey video" for YT.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.