Fathering Autism #67 Thank you Ab, for all you do. We'd Still be renting, if not for you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone have any thread name suggestions??

Just a couple little notes to make things easier, there isn't a lot of room in the thread titles so it's good to try to keep them on the shorter side and also one thread name suggestion per post so that it's clear which one is being voted for and how many votes etc.

;)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
New Thread name suggestion-

A&P trying not to flip but DCP has ruined their trip.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
And in the DCP Insta story, it’s blaring American Idiot. So Funny. She was never going to go skiing, I don’t think she has capacity to anyway. I am sure she could have had fun doing other things but now they say they need 2 people to stay with her so perhaps she will stay in the room...... the kids stuff is all cancelled, because you know, there is a global pandemic....

Re: her latest ad nauseous post - well have your bleeping family time and give social media a break. Jesus Wept at their social media whoreness. 😇😇🙏🏿

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
This just says they sued them and the grant. IT even ends they were still fighting the district about paying the difference for JSA. They had mentioned more than once the district was paying for JSA, not just the grant.
This article clearly states that Duval County would not be paying for private schools which is why they probably ended up with the McKay scholarship.
At the point the lawsuit was started Abbie was 9 years old and had already attended 3 schools...so figure start school at 5, 3 schools in 4 years.
The saddest thing is everything listed about what the public schools "didn't" teach her, well guess what nothing's changed

• Heart
Reactions: 13
New thread suggestion

Josh finally brings on the heat, while A & P stare at the concrete.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Asshat has repeatedly said that discipline (or at least, typical conventional discipline) doesn't work with Abbie because she doesn't understand it, doesn't get it, and will think it's funny. Thing is, he and Princess P don't do even modified discipline either. I believe in one video Asshat said that they best they can do is ignore it when she acts up and hope she gets bored of it. He brought up the whole reinforcing the behaviors thing, that if they stop and tell her no or don't do that, whatever... Abbie sees it as them engaging w. her and she enjoys it. You're right that A&P and Abbie would tremendously benefit from teaching her discipline. A&P are just shooting themselves in the foot by not doing it.
I seem to remember him telling her in a stern voice 'upstairs" to help control the honking and she would go quickly upstairs. Anyone remember that?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I mean...yeah, I do think "They're too lazy" is the main answer to that question.

I also feel like, especially in the case of Priscilla, they just don't like her very much. I think they find Abbie boring and annoying...she doesn't share any of their interests, and as a child she required a lot of energy to look after. She doesn't give them anything. I can't imagine Priscilla or Asa (no matter how much he may boo-hoo about his wish to hear his daughter speak) doing something like sitting down with Abbie and asking her about her likes and dislikes via the AAC, the way we saw Brandy do once...it's not entertaining enough for them.
I think both resent her a lot. Cilla is clinging to Summer, in my opinion, to get the "typical" mom/daughter relationship. I also think she isn't allowing Assa to have a relationship with his oldest daughter because of this as well. We know he's a deadbeat and asshole, but I'm sure the big P has something to do with all that as well. I know if I found out my husband had another child, I'd be pushing his ass to pay support and have a relationship with the child. But she is OK with putting everything in her name to prevent this other child from what she is due.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Also like...if giving her attention just reinforces bad behavior, then attention is something she sees as a reward...meaning she likes it. Has it not occurred to them that maybe if they paid more attention to her and engaged in activities she liked, she would be too occupied to get into trouble, and also wouldn't be so desperate for attention that even negative attention feels like a reward to her?

I mean Lord, every interaction she has with them is "Sweet Girl, do this...now do that...look over here...go over there...no not there, over there...over there...do you like this? You keep saying no, but you mean yes...not no...yes! What do you want to do? We can't do that, pick something else...we can't do that, pick something else...we can't do that, pick something else...how about Dunkin? We can go to Dunkin. Want to take a ride in the cart to Dunkin? No, that's not what a thumbs-up looks like...do it like this. Now sign 'cart.' Now sign 'donut.' Good job! What do you want to eat? We're not eating that, pick something else...we're not eating that, pick something else...we're not eating that, pick something else...how about Zaxby's? We can eat Zaxby's. Awesome job, you picked Zaxby's! Give me a hug. Tighter. Tighter. Go? No, we're not going anywhere right now. No, we're not going anywhere right now. No, we're not going anywhere right now. Oh wait, do you want me to go? Okay, I'll go...but wait, first say hi to the camera. You have to go to the bathroom? Then go. No, you can't eat, you just ate. No, you can't have a bath. Let's show them how you make brownies, Sweet Girl."
PERFECTION!!!! I felt like I was watching the vlog!!!!

Reactions: 14
Perhaps if we would all put some Baileys in our coffee, THEN we’d get ‘excited’!! Might Kermy have some in stock, in the corner?
Did someone say Baileys😊
The Corner even has a Variety...the Red Velvet Cupcake one is delicious
Just don't let Piggy know, she may just want to try them all

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I did not read it like they were still fighting. The hearing was over. Case settled. It seemed to me like they were left in limbo not knowing if the money would get to where it was supposed to go in time for the new school year.
If you ever come across those vlogs where they say the lawsuit money was paying for JSA, please link them for me. I obviously missed them.
In the meantime, check this out:

Start at 5:00
I don't remember which, but I think they were Q&A ones or live ones from like YEARS ago. I started watching them before the potty video in the first house. There was a lot of lives then when they answered questions. I know it was brought up more than once asking how they paid for JSA. They would always revert back to the law suit and say that the district is paying for it. That is why they were so gunghow about being on the school board and such.

Reactions: 7
Did someone say Baileys😊
The Corner even has a Variety...the Red Velvet Cupcake one is delicious
Just don't let Piggy know, she may just want to try them all
We’ll just have to put up an electric fence around the bar! No Baileys for P! ZAP!!⚡

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I seem to remember him telling her in a stern voice 'upstairs" to help control the honking and she would go quickly upstairs. Anyone remember that?
I remember that but he kept saying that it wasn't meant as a punishment. Just that her room was meant to be the place where she could be as loud as she wanted. As with most things, they didn't keep up with it.

• Heart
I do remember that very well. And she looked at him like "wow, you really are serious!" And she went right up.

Reactions: 14
This article clearly states that Duval County would not be paying for private schools which is why they probably ended up with the McKay scholarship.
At the point the lawsuit was started Abbie was 9 years old and had already attended 3 schools...so figure start school at 5, 3 schools in 4 years.
The saddest thing is everything listed about what the public schools "didn't" teach her, well guess what nothing's changed
Special needs kids start school at age 3. When they age out of birth to 3 years/early intervention. The district starts typically a half day pre-school with them till they are 5/6 and "ready" for Kindergarten. I've been through the whole thing having a child diagnosed with Autism at age 2. A lot of districts, the 3 different ones and 2 states, have the pre-school at a different location than a typical elementary. The one district did have the pre school in elementary schools, BUT they had 4 classes (2 half day class rooms) at one school for every 4 elementary schools there was. So my child was in an elementary school there but not our home/zoned school in the at district. The first district they were in was bouncing the special needs pre-school all over. My child was in 3 different buildings in 1.5 years we were in that district(half their first year, summer school, then regular year before we moved out of the city). They had said they moved into the rental house when Abbie was younger. So if she as in one school for pre-school. They moved and she was put into a different pre-school. Then put into the school she was in till they moved her to JSA it makes sense being in 3 schools from age 3 to 9 years old.

Reactions: 6
I mean...yeah, I do think "They're too lazy" is the main answer to that question.

I also feel like, especially in the case of Priscilla, they just don't like her very much. I think they find Abbie boring and annoying...she doesn't share any of their interests, and as a child she required a lot of energy to look after. She doesn't give them anything. I can't imagine Priscilla or Asa (no matter how much he may boo-hoo about his wish to hear his daughter speak) doing something like sitting down with Abbie and asking her about her likes and dislikes via the AAC, the way we saw Brandy do once...it's not entertaining enough for them.
Very well put. I agree with you. It's just sad in so many ways. Especially sad for Abbie because she really does seem to crave interaction. Interaction beyond just "Do you want cereal or cookies?" Golf cart ride. Time to go to bed.
And let's be honest, she still requires a lot of energy to look after.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.