Fathering Autism #61 COVID-party out of spite, shout-out to the hater site.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would I be kicked out of our Tattle family to say I kinda like Paige? Lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Can we all be thankful that Sia didn’t try to cast Abbie for the roll?
Of course, I totally don’t get behind her casting a NT though either. There is more than just 1 teenager in acting that has Autism, that would have jumped at the chance to audition...
That really is the status quo. For almost all disabilities. I auditioned for a series here in Europe a few years back and despite making it to the final round, I lost the role to a neurotypical person for being "not convincingly autistic enough" (Translation: I didn't show all the cliche freak show tropes they were expecting). And it was the same when I auditioned for blind people. Unless you are crashing face first into walls, you apperently "don't look blind".
But as I said, it is a poorly concealed cash grab. Autism is the hot tit that guarantees a nice paycheck. And the current controversy doesn't hurt either. As my boss says: Sia might as well call the protagonist "Greta" or "Carly" and be done with it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
My "favorite" part of that whole thing is how Sia defended herself by saying, hey, at least I didn't cast autistic actors as prostitutes and drug dealers! I cast them as doctors and stuff!!

Of course Cilla thinks it's okay. She (nor Asshat) don't actually care what autistic people like their daughter actually feel, they're more interested in how autism can monetarily benefit them!
Preach! (Also, just for the record, not all autistic people are like Sheldon and Rain Main, lmao)

I dont see the drama either. As if this is the first movie with an autistic character played by a non-autistic actor? Since when?
I thought thats why its called acting?
Well it's all about authentic representation, autistic people feel like Sia just made a costume. Acting is playing a character, but autistic people and neurodiverse people aren't characters, they're real identities with multiple layers to them. (Also other movies played my non disabled actors have been criticised, it maybe just wasn't as visible due to less social media etc). Disabled and autistic people want opportunities to be themselves on screen and have employment, etc

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Preach! (Also, just for the record, not all autistic people are like Sheldon and Rain Main, lmao)

Well it's all about authentic representation, autistic people feel like Sia just made a costume. Acting is playing a character, but autistic people and neurodiverse people aren't characters, they're real identities with multiple layers to them. (Also other movies played my non disabled actors have been criticised, it maybe just wasn't as visible due to less social media etc). Disabled and autistic people want opportunities to be themselves on screen and have employment, etc
Thank you (and Salty as well) for sharing your thoughts.
Heard and appreciated. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This is crazy. Most autistic people are upset that Sia didn't cast any autistic actors and yet Cilla seems ok with this. Just read the comment section on the Music trailer and you will see outrage.
Remember, she only goes with what something looks like.... as long as the actress looked like she was autistic is good enough for P, just like she spent thousands of dollars on a kitchen because of how it looked and not function

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I dont see the drama either. As if this is the first movie with an autistic character played by a non-autistic actor? Since when?
I thought thats why its called acting?
The main problem for me is the blatant hypocrisy of an industry that goes for all "woke points", yet stubbornly refuses to cast a disabled person or even hiring one as a consultant. They want to look inclusive while blocking the door to prevent anyone knowing the real deal to invade their space and they want the money without actually investing the most minuscule amount of effort (Lol, sound familiar?). It also reinforces preconceptions that ore often wrong or at least oversimplified.
The only people investing the most effort are in children's entertainment. And even those programs are rare.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
RT
Remember, she only goes with what something looks like.... as long as the actress looked like she was autistic is good enough for P, just like she spent thousands of dollars on a kitchen because of how it looked and not function
Where does one go to see this film or the music trailer about it?

Reactions: 3
No, he is leaving App State for Winter Break. But most of his friends are pretty local to App State. He is due home sometime tonight.
Oh tonight?
Ok everyone this is not a drill...
Get to your stations...
Abbie go to the couch and wait for the golden boy, we need your reaction, we are just going to have to say that she's tired if you don't care.
Cilla go make some microwave popcorn from the expensive microwave. It's the only thing you know how to make that taste good.
Sandy look cute in the cage.
Maverick stop looking sad.
I'm just going to sit here and talk about nothing of real importance for 10 minutes straight.
OK let's go.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Thanks to whoever posted the screenshots! I couldn't resist turning them into something fun!! 😂 😂 😂
scarryP.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
I am glad to see her in some lace up shoes that may have some support in them. Those slip on shoes she wears all the time has no support for her feet. At least the laced up ones may help her.
Oh yeah Big Assa is reading here and taking tips.
Why all of a sudden P is posting pictures and we are hearing how super cute Abbie looks. Just a week ago she was always looking like an orphan. We were all saying not so long ago she needed to be dressed better!! HEY A$$HOLE, thanks for stopping in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.