Fathering Autism #6 Bandaid Dog, P tries to jog, Why won't they just get a job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not cold or unhappy and I have feelings about Summer. She is very immature, she is very inappropriate with Abbie. She needs to get away from this family.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I just half watched the Mom's Struggling vlog. They read this site daily. Wonder why they care so much?

They want to pay for all inclusive cruises for other families but can't be bothered with his own kid. I bet they won't invite Jen either. Asa was so cold to her, it was obvious.

P actually said Abbie loves chaos. I mean....really?

Reactions: 13
I think this whole climbing into bed with Abbie is so skeevy. If she was NT and almost 15 and he was climbing in bed with her and bathing her he'd be investigated. Its sick.
I’m all about bashing him for other stuff but as someone who works in with low functioning autism regularly I don’t think that this is creepy at all.

I don’t know a dad who isn’t super involved in care. Or who doesn’t cuddle with their teens. She’s a super sensory seeker and clearly was not unhappy with him being there.

Reactions: 10
I just half watched the Mom's Struggling vlog. They read this site daily. Wonder why they care so much?

They want to pay for all inclusive cruises for other families but can't be bothered with his own kid. I bet they won't invite Jen either. Asa was so cold to her, it was obvious.

P actually said Abbie loves chaos. I mean....really?
I think they don't actually wanna pay for other families' cruise, but they are probably trying to get a giveaway sponsored by autism on the seas. By the way he said it, it seems like a hint towards autism on the seas to offer them a free cruise & giveaway.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think they don't actually wanna pay for other families' cruise, but they are probably trying to get a giveaway sponsored by autism on the seas. By the way he said it, it seems like a hint towards autism on the seas to offer them a free cruise & giveaway.
Even if they paid, it would be a "business expense" and written off on their taxes.
Sponsored or self pay.
They are covered.
They possibly are writing off all their 'generous donations' to the homeless too.
I'm referring to the donations from their ill educated fans.
#irsaudit
#notasgenerousastheywantyoutothink
#selfservingshitbags

Reactions: 15
I'll just leave this here. Seems early for one of their fans to have that much koolaid in their systems....

20200226_071921.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Wait,what? Asa can pay her,but can’t fix the pool heater,is behind on child support? As to her being paid by Medicaid,I wonder if they are aware she lives w them full time. Seems IMO a bit hinky...
I think it's all in what's "important" to him and we all have to come to know that, that isnt always what SHOULD BE important to a "family man"

Reactions: 5
Look,I don’t bash Asa per se over his bathing Abbie. I have wondered why a good many times Cilla is not more involved in the day to day taking care of Abbie. Sure,she makes her lunch in the mornings,and at times has driven her to school. But for the most part( considering it is a 2 parent,at home all day family) Asa does the bulk of it.
Cilla has commented that he just seems to do it better- well guess what,if you do it daily,you will also be doing it “much better.”

I have not,and will not Bash Abbie. She is who she is. But I will speak up when I hear (especially P) keep pushing this “typical teen” crap. Sounds like she hasn’t fully accepted where Abbie is at this point in time.
Yes,Abbie has made a good deal of strides over the years,but to think she is comparable to a teen is not being honest.

Ya'll must really have no lives eh... I've also reported all these forms since you're not supposed to be speaking on kids. Adults- do better.
What exactly does “ speaking on kids” mean? If parents are putting their kids out their in video land,then you can bet there will be talk about said child(children) as well as the parents. One cannot have it both ways.
If you are referring to posts re: Summer/Isiah,they are both adults now. They actively have chosen to put their lives out in the twitter/Facebook/YouTube world. If they cannot accept the criticism that comes along w all of that,then then should go back to being private citizens.
As for Abbie,no one as far as I can see has talked bad about her. If anything,many have actually defended her when vids are released showing how stressed she appears,how others poorly interact w her,etc.
And btw,I have a very rich life tyvm.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Look,I don’t bash Asa per se over his bathing Abbie. I have wondered why a good many times Cilla is not more involved in the day to day taking care of Abbie. Sure,she makes her lunch in the mornings,and at times has driven her to school. But for the most part( considering it is a 2 parent,at home all day family) Asa does the bulk of it.
Cilla has commented that he just seems to do it better- well guess what,if you do it daily,you will also be doing it “much better.”

I have not,and will not Bash Abbie. She is who she is. But I will speak up when I hear (especially P) keep pushing this “typical teen” crap. Sounds like she hasn’t fully accepted where Abbie is at this point in time.
Yes,Abbie has made a good deal of strides over the years,but to think she is comparable to a teen is not being honest.

What exactly does “ speaking on kids” mean? If parents are putting their kids out their in video land,then you can bet there will be talk about said child(children) as well as the parents. One cannot have it both ways.
If you are referring to posts re: Summer/Isiah,they are both adults now. They actively have chosen to put their lives out in the twitter/Facebook/YouTube world. If they cannot accept the criticism that comes along w all of that,then then should go back to being private citizens.
As for Abbie,no one as far as I can see has talked bad about her. If anything,many have actually defended her when vids are released showing how stressed she appears,how others poorly interact w her,etc.
And btw,I have a very rich life tyvm.
I don't get too upset about Asa doing all the bathing/hygiene because usually it's the mother doing the majority of the grooming for their kids and nobody causes a fuss. If Priss was the one doing it all, I don't think it would even be commented on.

Reactions: 9
I don't get too upset about Asa doing all the bathing/hygiene because usually it's the mother doing the majority of the grooming for their kids and nobody causes a fuss. If Priss was the one doing it all, I don't think it would even be commented on.
Not exactly true. Without going into major detail,I have witnessed first hand a Mom who did everything for her severely autistic,non verbal,Etc child. She has a husband who tuned out,went about his life(yes he worked). For 29 years she cared full time not only for him,but another son w autism( his is a milder form,is able to work,etc).
We,her family watched as she went on no sleep many days,took severe,life threatening beatings form her son( NO,not his fault) until the day came last year,after long days and nights of crying,soul searching,etc she had to make the decision to have her son put into a full time placement facility. We her family,and yes her friends did make a fuss about her husband being an “absentee” type parent. And there are many,many more families just like that.
Big difference is-they haven’t put their lives out there for the world to view,so we do not see that. This family has actively chosen to put all of this out there.

Reactions: 2
I guess that's where an issue with boundaries comes into play. When she's "working" with Maass family, she isn't professional at all. As a respite and care worker, she's pretty immature. The lines blur because she lives there and I don't think she takes any of her "work" with Abbie that seriously. She's really more of a family friend. I nannied through college and had several roommates and friends who worked in childcare and development and none of them acted like that on the job. Of course we all cut loose and were goofy during our day to day lives, but we didn't act like that all the time when we worked. If she's going to school for that kind of work, and claiming that she's getting work experience by living with them and working with Abbie.... I'm not all that impressed. If I was a future family thinking about hiring her and saw these vids.... no way.

I don't think Becca is perfect, but I see a level of maturity and self-awareness with her that I think Summer is lacking.
That’s the crazy part about the “future families” ... I’m convinced Summer is looking to build on her resumes and thinks that these vlogs will help her out in the future. But you’re so right in that anyone in their right mind who sees how she acts and behaves with Abbie will not fall for that crap.

Reactions: 6

In some video it was explained that Abby reacts way better to Assa, and from what I heard (i am not an autism expert), autistic children often have that one parent that they react better to. Maybe its the tone of the voice, maybe Abbie tolerates more masculine, deeper tone of voice. Who knows, maybe they tried making Abbie listen more to scilla, but they stopped forcing her when there was no results? Idk.

But yea, I agree with that typical teen BS. Especially when they keep on calling her 'sweet girl' every two seconds. Asa uses this term very often, however I find P even more patronizing to her daughter, she talks to her with a baby voice ALL THE TIME. They are very very contradictory. Can they finally make their mind on if they want to treat her like a toddler she mentally is, or as a teenager?

Also - I was recently watching their old videos. I know Abbie grew, but i have an impression she lost soo much joy she once had. Like I barely ever see her smile, while on the older videos when she was about 7 to 10 y.o she was often so happy. Don't you guys have the same impression? I even think she communicated better before than she is now...

• Heart
I’m not sure when we started talking about their poor diet but does the timeline correlate to last nights VLOG?? You know when A is talking about “we need to cut back anyway ... food is supposed to be fuel... protein... “ etc?

Also that was a crazy amount of guac she made imo... that was like at least 3 avocados.

Pigcilla please for all the love stop with the tic tok crap!!!! You are embarrassing your son he is just way to kind to tell you!!! I know you want to make bank from your immature STUPID videos but please find something else to do!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
1582733709362.png
and I'm quite certain the remaining 59% is under 16.
1582733804975.png
I stand corrected, wannabe teens are increasing apparently.

anyone noticed how Cilla's food portions are getting bigger and bigger... someone is eating their feelings.
Yes, I mentioned this to my Husband. After Gastric surgery you can only eat a Tablespoon of food at a time. When you ingest more food, it stretches your stomach again. I've seen plenty of people's surgeries have failed and they gain weight right back again. It's not a guaranteed fix. Diet, portion control and exercise must play a part too

• Heart
View attachment 88650and I'm quite certain the remaining 59% is under 16.
View attachment 88652I stand corrected, wannabe teens are increasing apparently.
As I had stated in an earlier post,Cilla seems to have found that “typical teen” in Summer and thinks she is now part of the that experience. I am sure(raised 4 of my own,have teen grands) there are many other ways to bond w your kids other than putting yourself on those pages,looking like a fool.

Maybe she should take a bit of time each day to go in and straighten up Abbies room. After all,she made this big production about the makeover, and now the room looks like it’s untouched since.

IMO,Cilla is also stunted maturity wise for her age.

And since when are 24 yr olds still considered teens? If by law an 18 yr old is an adult,then um,so are 24 yr olds.And I can see 18-26,27 or so being caught up in that,but after that age,should be way to busy(jobs,friends,etc) and self conscience about who may see those( future employers) and have it be a negative against you.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.