Fathering Autism #6 Bandaid Dog, P tries to jog, Why won't they just get a job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He addressed quite a lot of the points we have mentioned, so it certainly looks like he is watching us. That awful laugh of Summer’s really gets on my nerves, she laughs at everything.
I actually noticed that for the first time this evening. It just sounds forced.

The VLOG didnt address why Cilla was struggling, even though that was title. Nothing she does is strenuous. I wish all I had to was make an ass of myself trying to dance. ( Lets face it, she thinks shes popular on Tik Tok because she is cute and dances well. And the faces she makes...all smiley and wide eyed...like a cheerleader on drugs lol) Or putting on the 90's version of make-up. Cruising Hobby Lobby, etc. But she sure had pep in her step when it was time to rush for ice cream, huh?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Arghh..tonight’s vlog,which is from Saturday is another epic barf inducer. Pity-cilla is all worn out from having to deal w new pup. Opens once again w Abbie,Cilla,etc all sitting on the couch.( Am all for lazy days,but Cilla seems to be planted on the couch quite a bit).

was so cute(Not) to hear Asa brag about bashing his son against the door( actually Isiah brought it up) to prove just what a he man he truly is.
The mention of still talking to his parents at 18 while most other kids aren’t was a bit icky as well.( Isiah IMO is a bit stunted in maturity for his age)
And I also agree that Asa should NOT be laying down w his daughter. Yes,her emotional level is that of a 4/5 yr old,but aren’t they(especially P) always going on about Abbie being just a “typical teen”? Tell me,what typical teen girl would want her Dad to be in laying down w her???
And while I do like Summer,it’s starting to lessen. She is becoming a Priscilla clone lately. Not in looks,but in words,actions,etc. I think I read or heard she is 20/21? She too seems to be a bit stunted in her maturity as well. Both she and Isiah should be out w friends,going to movies,malls,etc. I get that in exchange for room/board Summer is there to help w Abbie,but seriously,she needs to pursue having a life more away from that family...

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't think it's inappropriate for Asa to assist bathing or laying down with Abbie. We have all agreed , she is toddler, not a teen and as much as I dislike Asa I do not believe he would ever sexually abuse her in any way. Not buying that.

Her brother shouldn't do it.

Her mother should be responsible for most of Abbie's bathing needs in my opinion.

Summer's relationship with Abbie is inappropriate most of the time. Sometimes I feel her relationship with the family is a bit off or odd. But I also do not believe she and Asa are doing anything or ever would.

All of the above is my opinion and it is a bit.....buzzed 🍪 at the moment. So...

Oh yeah....Nice Thread Fred *giggles*
I also agree with this part about A with Ab. I work in the special needs community, and sometimes the father also cares for the daughter (teenage or young adult). I feel that is just part of being a parent to someone with special needs, you take care of them in any way they need (bathing, changing etc.)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hey Oh my gosh. He really is a Master. I think I’m fairly intelligent but he seems to always be a step ahead. You know why he was playing the vlog of the catamaran trip? So he could twist all the comments on here about the blow-out into a “hey, let’s have a family cruise giveaway!!” I mean, what better way to steer everyone’s attention off of the salt water disaster to suddenly thinking about a cruise giveaway! Segue spectacular! Ain’t he just the MAN?
OMG YES i thought about that after I posted here and continue to watch. Doesn’t want to make it all about his kid happening too. He wants to get even more subscriber with saying that. What about pay child support on time instead of thinking about a cruise.

Reactions: 9
I was wondering if in the state of Florida you have to have some type of training to be paid as a respite caregiver. Such as CNA(certified nurse assistant) or maybe some type of first aid training.

Reactions: 5
I don't think it's inappropriate for Asa to assist bathing or laying down with Abbie. We have all agreed , she is toddler, not a teen and as much as I dislike Asa I do not believe he would ever sexually abuse her in any way. Not buying that.

Her brother shouldn't do it.

Her mother should be responsible for most of Abbie's bathing needs in my opinion.

Summer's relationship with Abbie is inappropriate most of the time. Sometimes I feel her relationship with the family is a bit off or odd. But I also do not believe she and Asa are doing anything or ever would.

All of the above is my opinion and it is a bit.....buzzed 🍪 at the moment. So...

Oh yeah....Nice Thread Fred *giggles*
I dont think he is harming her either, but since her mother is present, she should have taken the reins with bathing at puberty. It would be another story if he were a single father. I have sons. If I had no other option I would of course bathe them. But if their father was present I would certainly expect him to handle that aspect of their care after a certain age.

As far as laying with her, if he always has I wouldnt take issue. But this is new. Abbie has always gone to bed alone. They would go in and out to resettle her or even have her on the sofa, but why the sudden need to lay with her and develop new habits that arent even needed? So he can look like Super Dad? "Oh Abbie cant sleep without me." ??? I mean, this is exactly why parents are not encouraged to sleep with toddlers to begin with.

OMG YES i thought about that after I posted here and continue to watch. Doesn’t want to make it all about his kid happening too. He wants to get even more subscriber with saying that. What about pay child support on time instead of thinking about a cruise.
also if you want to give away a cruise to a family? how about the single mother who has raised your child with minimal child support from you? I'm sure they absolutely deserve a nice vacation.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Arghh..tonight’s vlog,which is from Saturday is another epic barf inducer. Pity-cilla is all worn out from having to deal w new pup. Opens once again w Abbie,Cilla,etc all sitting on the couch.( Am all for lazy days,but Cilla seems to be planted on the couch quite a bit).

was so cute(Not) to hear Asa brag about bashing his son against the door( actually Isiah brought it up) to prove just what a he man he truly is.
The mention of still talking to his parents at 18 while most other kids aren’t was a bit icky as well.( Isiah IMO is a bit stunted in maturity for his age)
And I also agree that Asa should NOT be laying down w his daughter. Yes,her emotional level is that of a 4/5 yr old,but aren’t they(especially P) always going on about Abbie being just a “typical teen”? Tell me,what typical teen girl would want her Dad to be in laying down w her???
And while I do like Summer,it’s starting to lessen. She is becoming a Priscilla clone lately. Not in looks,but in words,actions,etc. I think I read or heard she is 20/21? She too seems to be a bit stunted in her maturity as well. Both she and Isiah should be out w friends,going to movies,malls,etc. I get that in exchange for room/board Summer is there to help w Abbie,but seriously,she needs to pursue having a life more away from that family...
Agree with your points but a lot of teenagers get on well with their fathers and are comfortable to hug and lay with them. I have always been in the fortunate position to have a father I am comfortable with and would happily lie next to him and chill out - its really not that bizarre I am sorry you feel that way.

Reactions: 12

Isaiah is intelligent but very stunted. They did a VLOG called "Helicopter Parents", and also addressed it in a podcast a few months ago. They admit to controlling over literally every aspect of his education, and inserting themselves into all activities by being volunteers,etc. It certainly hasnt helped him. I cannot wait for his escape to college. They will probably install RING or something wireless so they can still monitor him.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
He addressed quite a lot of the points we have mentioned, so it certainly looks like he is watching us. That awful laugh of Summer’s really gets on my nerves, she laughs at everything.
I cannot stand her damn laugh either. It’s so fake, excessive and child like. No wonder she doesn’t have friends outside of volleyball or respite caregivers haha. Yeah I said it

Reactions: 17
Agree with your points but a lot of teenagers get on well with their fathers and are comfortable to hug and lay with them. I have always been in the fortunate position to have a father I am comfortable with and would happily lie next to him and chill out - its really not that bizarre I am sorry you feel that way.
Wait..I do t think it’s rare that teen like their parents. It was the way Isiah phrased it. He made it sound as though he was an exception to the rule.
As to Asa laying w Abbie,IMO,her mom should be putting her to bed at this point in time. Am not now,nor ever implying anything untowards is happening between father daughter. Priscilla just seems to have let the care of Abbie go to Asa. Yes,2 parents,share the load,but she just seems very detached w the day to day things that go w raising her.

Reactions: 3
It’s not about comfort in this sense. Even though she’s a toddler mentally, she’s a developing woman physically. On top of which, she has no say or any idea of how weird that is. Are you saying you get in bed with your father and would you be comfortable with him bathing you as a teen and older? I’ve always been comfortable with my dad but I don’t remember laying in bed with him since I was like 6 or something cause we used to read together. Maybe I’m conservative in this respect because of my upbringing and morals, but it just doesn’t seem right when they have two grown women - P and Summer - who can take on those duties. Just saying.

Anyone notice the creepy voice Asa takes on when doing a livestream. It’s right out of a Saturday Night Live skit(shwetty balls?). Ick

• Haha
IMO since this is the topic here, it’s not weird for Asa to bathe her. Her parents are her caretakers. Not a big deal. It’s more worrisome that Summer does it because she’s supposed to be her “best friend” and that goes beyond boundaries when she has two capable parents.

Reactions: 16
IMO since this is the topic here, it’s not weird for Asa to bathe her. Her parents are her caretakers. Not a big deal. It’s more worrisome that Summer does it because she’s supposed to be her “best friend” and that goes beyond boundaries when she has two capable parents.
Ok have you guys seen in the past when they talk about “Abbie always busts in the bathroom when P is showering and wants to take a bath at the same time ... so she gets in the bathtub while P is in the shower”?? Also that Abbie loves baths but it’s only when P is showering that she busts in the bathroom? I wonder why that is. I’m not saying her dad can’t bathe her, but he’s not a single dad and at this point there are two other women in the household ... it’s pretty bleeping weird to me.

Reactions: 6
At this point in time I don’t think Summers actual role is established. Yes,they often refer to her as Abbies friend,part of the family,etc. Yet have made it clear earlier that she is also doing some sort of respite care as well for them. Two whole separate things that cloud things IMO.

Also,IMO,yes,she has 2 parents who are her caregivers and will be for most of her life. It is my opinion only that PityCilla should be doing the personal grooming w Abbie at this time. I also have noticed that when Isiah has looked after Abbie in the past,he has somehow gotten Abbie into her night clothes,which again,IMO,should not part of his brotherly duties.
Again,I do not think there is anything “creepy” happening,but damn,what exactly is it P does? Make her lunch only and sometimes drive her to school?

Reactions: 12
agreed. I do agree with others and think that Priscilla should take on the larger share of these duties, just given her age, but I'm not particularly bothered that Asa helps her in the bath - Abbie clearly can't do it by herself. and agreed, I wouldn't mind if Summer was giving her bath as in a role as a respite caregiver, but they've blurred this weird line and put this weird obligation onto her to be Abbie's "best friend". they should draw some clear lines for her, instead of just putting all these expectations on her. even before she moved in I found it weird they always insisted she was Abbie's best friend - I think Abbie does care for her and enjoys spending time with her and clearly Summer cares for her too, but to put that label on it puts such a level of expectation on Summer that isn't fair since Abbie can't reciprocate at all.

Reactions: 8
Watching the vlogs,posts,over the last few months,it looks like P has found what she is/was missing w Abbie in Summer. She has so often mentioned the typical teen crap that once Summer came to live w them,she found her niche w her. Sadly,what P doesn’t realize is that had Abbie been the “typical teen” at this point in time it is fairly a given that she would NOT want to be her Moms bestie. She would be making friends of her own,hanging out w them,into her own thing.
W Summer she has,by observation,transferred those feelings of being a daughters bestie into Summer. Crashing that party last week was a perfect example. A Mom wouldnt( or shouldn’t) be doing that,but hey,if it’s your friend,then no problem right?
Both A & P need to make friends outside the autism community,maybe have get togethers( she and him separate) to have fun,do adult things,etc. and not look towards teens to be their buddies. It’s not a good look.

Vlog Summary: Mom Is Struggling! February 25th 2020; Runtime: 20:18
  • Thumbnail --> I’m Struggling with a pic of P force smiling.
  • Opens in Office, Ab wears Vlog Squad shirt and Ass makes her a breakfast burrito commenting that they need vegetables, also makes some for Isaiah who comments he’s going to lunch after this, also serves Summer. Asks everyone for a compliment
  • Sum Ab Ass and P Watching Jamaica snorkeling video on the TV asking if Ab remembers, she laughs on the couch. Ass says “oh you were so smiley”
  • Ass talks about how fun the cruise was and they want to go again, taking Summer next time. Ass wants to pick 3 families to go on Autism on the Seas with them? Is he offering to pay? Yup sounds like it, suggest an all expenses paid cruise with them, why not pay child support first?????
  • Ass saying he has to get it on the vlog that he is taking care of dinner, apparently they make a Tik Tok reference. Says he’s making fa-gee-tas and P reems him on the side dishes when he refuses, keeps saying “fa – gee-tas”
  • P insists if we’re having dinner we’re having a nice dinner, Ass argues food is fuel and they need a balanced meal with protein and vegetables
  • P messing with the hose and dogs, says she feels like she has a newborn again
  • Ass trying to cook, P says she’s making guacamole, Isaiah playing WatchDogs 2 video game.
  • Eat, clean, now out for icecream, saying they have 23 minutes and they got the cash, arrive at soft serve icecream place that only takes cash and closes in 7 minutes, but they closed early so they go somewhere else for icecream – looks like Baskin Robbins I think.
  • P is wearing DD earrings – a new low!
  • Isaiah gives Maverick and icecream cone, apparently he’s never had it before. Wants to know if dogs get brain freeze then decide not to let him have too much
  • Ab won’t eat the icecream but will eat the cookie in the icecream so P is picking out the pieces
  • Points out this was filmed Saturday and was a super lazy day cuz they have busy weekends for the next month
  • P is saying “come on” to the dog, without changing tone says same to Ab, then back to the dog…omg
  • Nighttime routine for dogs – P feeds them and pill for puppy then nebulizer
  • Summer has camera, Ass and Isaiah are doing some tit and Ass says he’s going to give him a swirly, Summer says that’s not vlog friendly and returns to the dog food
  • Argument about amount of food for puppy between A&P
  • P says she feels like a veterinarian, Ab yells in background
  • Mentioned Squirt briefly for the first time in ages apparently it’s alive
  • Ass says he has “dad strength” cuz he overpowers Isaiah. Also mentions his significantly greater weight.
  • Ass says he felt horrible first time he could overpower his dad, bunch more “manly men” banter
  • Apparently Ass’s dad is a deacon at a church
  • Ass says he’s just happy his 18year old talks to him, what about his 16 year old?
  • Ass says he did 2 Tik Tok’s today, seriously are these people 12?!
  • Ab hanging out in her room, Ass tells her he loves her and kisses her and then lays down with her, they giggle for a while, cat comes in room, now they are watching music videos together
  • Outake --> Ass says “you got a lot of pots and pans….priscilla” Isaiah uses cats tail as a moustache.
Strangely enough, his stepfather(the one he is referring to in that scene) is not only a Deacon.....he is also a pediatrician and the first one to mention that Abbie should be evaluated by a developmental ped. That recommendation caused such friction that they didn’t speak to his stepfather for some time after. His stepfather honestly seems like a grounded, stable, kind man....at least that’s the feeling I get. Stepfather is Dad to As brothers(both brothers still live in the North Carolina area that As mother and stepfather live....one brother is neurotypical and has a family....the other brother has some developmental delays and resides in his own apartment with the help of assisted living), father is Dad to As sister.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.