Fathering Autism #6 Bandaid Dog, P tries to jog, Why won't they just get a job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not sure I understand the pearl-clutching about Asa helping Abbie with her bath. There are plenty of women out there with disabled adult sons who do bathing and diapering for them. I feel like we should cut dads some slack here and not assume there’s anything creepy going on!

Their videos have gotten sooo boring since A started daily vlogging. This ain’t Seinfeld, Asa. You can’t have a show about nothing (plus you’re not funny). Sitting on the couch, getting fast food and DD, using Abbie as a prop ... I can barely bring myself to watch anymore, even for snarking purposes😐

Reactions: 32
Does anyone here know about Facebook stars? I saw them show up on their channel and Asa said he doesn’t know what they are. After searching Facebook, it looks like something that actually has to be enabled by the content creator themselves.

So people are in here getting bent out of shape because a dad bathes his disabled daughter but no one wants to comment on Asa boldly lying about not knowing what Facebook stars are. It’s another way to monetize your videos and it’s something that has to be set up by the content creator themselves according to Facebook.

Whatever I’m taking a break from this thread. It’s getting weird with the whole bathing thing. I don’t even think they should talk about those things in the vlogs, Abbies personal hygiene issues such as toileting and bathing shouldn’t be discussed in the vlogs numerous times.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
also if you want to give away a cruise to a family? how about the single mother who has raised your child with minimal child support from you? I'm sure they absolutely deserve a nice vacation.
Omg yes!! I thought that too..
but I think he digs at us gossip pages so we have something to talk about.
I used to be a big fan but since reading these pages.. I cringe and watch.. ugh

Reactions: 6
I’m not sure I understand the pearl-clutching about Asa helping Abbie with her bath. There are plenty of women out there with disabled adult sons who do bathing and diapering for them. I feel like we should cut dads some slack here and not assume there’s anything creepy going on!

Their videos have gotten sooo boring since A started daily vlogging. This ain’t Seinfeld, Asa. You can’t have a show about nothing (plus you’re not funny). Sitting on the couch, getting fast food and DD, using Abbie as a prop ... I can barely bring myself to watch anymore, even for snarking purposes😐
LOL I havent heard "pearl-clutching" in ages! Cracked me right up!

I think we all can agree we have varying opinions on the bathing. Again, as much as an Asshat Asa is, I do not believe he is harming her...I want to repeat that, but she has a mother who has no reason not to be handling bathing, and especially toileting. Abbie obviously does not have the dexterity nor muscle tone to properly clean herself after toileting, and still has accidents in her pull-ups. Guess its just my hang up, but it isnt as if Asa is a single dad with no other choice...and what is happening when they leave her with Isaiah? If she signs bathroom or has an accident? As mentioned earlier we have seen he's gotten her into pj's. I'll let it go because I get its touchy, but my pearls are clutched. :D:D

So people are in here getting bent out of shape because a dad bathes his disabled daughter but no one wants to comment on Asa boldly lying about not knowing what Facebook stars are. It’s another way to monetize your videos and it’s something that has to be set up by the content creator themselves according to Facebook.

Whatever I’m taking a break from this thread. It’s getting weird with the whole bathing thing. I don’t even think they should talk about those things in the vlogs, Abbies personal hygiene issues such as toileting and bathing shouldn’t be discussed in the vlogs numerous times.
I just said I was dropping it too. I dont think anyones bent out of shape. I have an opinion but not bent.

I honestly cant comment on the FB stars. I dont even have a personal FB....one of the few that just see's no need for it.

Reactions: 5
I was wondering if in the state of Florida you have to have some type of training to be paid as a respite caregiver. Such as CNA(certified nurse assistant) or maybe some type of first aid training.
Not sure about FL, but the two states I've lived in you can do respite care just by passing a background check. We got respite with the previous waver we were on and could use the agency we got ABA with or could have hired our own respite worker. All the state required was they were legal to work and preformed a background check, but we got the say after that was preformed. The state I live in now I have a few members that do home health, similar to respite, for agencies. NONE of them have more than a HS diploma, one has only a GED.

Reactions: 3
Not sure about FL, but the two states I've lived in you can do respite care just by passing a background check. We got respite with the previous waver we were on and could use the agency we got ABA with or could have hired our own respite worker. All the state required was they were legal to work and preformed a background check, but we got the say after that was preformed. The state I live in now I have a few members that do home health, similar to respite, for agencies. NONE of them have more than a HS diploma, one has only a GED.
It’s the same in Florida, just a background investigation.....however most agencies require a background check and up to date Adult & Pediatric CPR. Lots of college students work in a respite capacity, especially when their chosen education path is somehow tied in.

Reactions: 3
Since Autism on the Seas sponsored and probably paid for their last cruise, I think Asa mentioned this idea of "huge cruise giveaway" is to see if they can get another free cruise.

Reactions: 10
Normally it doesn't bother me or I don't notice it much but tonight.... omg Summer you have to stop that constant high pitched giggling.

Holy tit, what is that?? It almost sounds like she's mimicking Abbie's laughs. You're a grown woman in your 20s, supposed to be a professional.... stop picking up the behaviors of clients you work with yikes.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Normally it doesn't bother me or I don't notice it much but tonight.... omg Summer you have to stop that constant high pitched giggling.

Holy tit, what is that?? It almost sounds like she's mimicking Abbie's laughs. You're a grown woman in your 20s, supposed to be a professional.... stop picking up the behaviors of clients you work with yikes.
Summer has worn on my very last nerve, I fast forward whenever she is in the screen, she is way too touchy, feely and ”boopy” (with the nose thing). It’s beyond weird. Just gives me the creeps. Sorry Summer, Im pretty sure you read this here too,. Please stop! Just my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Summer has worn on my very last nerve, I fast forward whenever she is in the screen, she is way too touchy, feely and ”boopy” (with the nose thing). It’s beyond weird. Just gives me the creeps. Sorry Summer, Im pretty sure you read this here too,. Please stop! Just my opinion.
I definitely don't think she's a bad person, she has a good heart and a lot of patience. But it seems like she's regressed into a high school type of mentality. All that "boop" stuff and the giggling is something teenagers do. She's graduating college soon and people her age in college should be growing in their professional life and becoming young adults. I think her time with the Maass family has stalled that. Get out while you can summer! Grow your strengths in a productive way instead of staying stagnant with Assa and Priss.

Reactions: 14
Since Autism on the Seas sponsored and probably paid for their last cruise, I think Asa mentioned this idea of "huge cruise giveaway" is to see if they can get another free cruise.
I figured that too! If you book up a certain number of rooms, you can usually get a very discounted/upgraded/free trip. Now, they would probably still have to pay the difference for the Autism program (for respite care), but they could get on board credit to cover part of that too...
I can only imagine that no one would really “win” and if they did, it would be one of the other families that they already are in cahoots with..

Reactions: 7
I definitely don't think she's a bad person, she has a good heart and a lot of patience. But it seems like she's regressed into a high school type of mentality. All that "boop" stuff and the giggling is something teenagers do. She's graduating college soon and people her age in college should be growing in their professional life and becoming young adults. I think her time with the Maass family has stalled that. Get out while you can summer! Grow your strengths in a productive way instead of staying stagnant with Assa and Priss.
Yes Summer, and please stop wearing my alma mater’s University of Tampa hoodie. Sorry not sorry, I cringe every time you have it on. Simply because you wouldn’t fit in at UT haha

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Somewhat offtopic but when they went for icecream tonight it ground my gears they were mad the place closed 7 minutes early. I used to work in a small icecream, candy and fudge shop for a couple years and the closing cleaning routine is extensive and grueling to maintain health and cleanliness standards, I have ZERO sympathy for anyone who wants to come in within 10 minutes of closing, and if you come in within the last half hour don't expect full service, we may shut down certain parts if we need to deep clean.

Reactions: 14
Summer is becoming a Maas. As I posted earlier,she is Pitycillas clone( okay maybe wrong word). Sadly,if Summer is using P one to model adult behavior over,she picked the wrong person. P herself is not very mature,always acting as though she can’t seem to get out of her own way,wanting to be so “cool”,fitting in w young kids vs. adults her age.
As it seems that Summer has basically made her life one that revolves around the family 24/7,they are rubbing off on her,and it ain’t pretty.

I agree that she is sort of child-like in that regard, but honestly, you must just not be around too many college aged people, as someone who’s currently in college, most college students are like that. At least the ones I surround myself with. I’m sure when she’s at school or doing something professional she acts differently. But she’s in what is currently her home and she has a more relaxed persona. It’s called code-switching and we all do it. We act differently in different situations and around different people.

I agree that she is sort of child-like in that regard, but honestly, you must just not be around too many college aged people, as someone who’s currently in college, most college students are like that. At least the ones I surround myself with. I’m sure when she’s at school or doing something professional she acts differently. But she’s in what is currently her home and she has a more relaxed persona. It’s called code-switching and we all do it. We act differently in different situations and around different people.
I guess that's where an issue with boundaries comes into play. When she's "working" with Maass family, she isn't professional at all. As a respite and care worker, she's pretty immature. The lines blur because she lives there and I don't think she takes any of her "work" with Abbie that seriously. She's really more of a family friend. I nannied through college and had several roommates and friends who worked in childcare and development and none of them acted like that on the job. Of course we all cut loose and were goofy during our day to day lives, but we didn't act like that all the time when we worked. If she's going to school for that kind of work, and claiming that she's getting work experience by living with them and working with Abbie.... I'm not all that impressed. If I was a future family thinking about hiring her and saw these vids.... no way.

I don't think Becca is perfect, but I see a level of maturity and self-awareness with her that I think Summer is lacking.

Reactions: 15
Yeah. Summer is extremely immature and needs a major wake up call before she’s really ready to go into the field. I agree with whoever said Becca has a level of maturity that Summer is lacking. However, when they’re together, that act like six year olds. I want to smack the dumb bleeping grins off their faces. The stupid tickling and touching really grinds my gears especially when it’s followed up by their “typical teen” bullshit.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.