Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

uncannyvalley

This made me laugh! He asked for comments regarding the point of pointing not speaking regarding certain instructions. A then responds with a (I feel) sarcastic comment which actually contradicts his previous love of ABA!! View attachment 89909
Oh my GOD, Asa! Hey, you know what takes away "normal human interaction"? YOUR F**KING CAMERA IN HER FACE ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

The cognitive dissonance in this guy is just unreal.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

jadedandcaffeinated

This is all just my opinion from what I've seen. Asa mistreats Priss. He's manipulative and whiny at best and emotionally abusive at worst. If you start listening at this point, Priscilla worries about the juice getting on her car and he goes "I'll get it... I'LL GET IT" and then the camera cuts. I wonder why. Probably so Assa can continue berating Priss, we know he has anger issues.

Then when she politely mentions the pointing thing, he gets way too upset and defensive about it. She was 100% in the right to mention it but he can't have that. He doesn't just say "oh yeah" or even just say his piece and leave it at that. He goes ON and ON and ON and does not let it go. How dare she question him.

I know we don't like Priss here, but people can be shitty and still be getting misteated by their spouse. Can you imagine how exhausting Assa is? If that's what she has to deal with 24/7 I wouldn't want to do any of Abbie's care either. No mistakes or backtalk allowed or he'll be yelling at you about it for the next hour. Priss' self-esteem is in the mud and I'm sure a lot of it is how he treats her. You have to walk on eggshells around Asa because he does NOT let things go. He's quick to correct everyone around him, but don't you DARE do the same to him or you'll hear about it.

He thinks he edits well enough that he still looks like a great guy. But anyone who's been with someone like that knows the signs and can see between the lines of how he treats her. If that's what he leaves in, imagine what he edits out. He's a weak, insecure, petulant little man who mistreats his wife and son. You know....in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

PhartBlossom

VIP Member
Really guys? Her hair? I have two NT kids and I would send them off to school looking pristine and they came home looking they went through a war zone. Abbie rocks, puts a blanket over head, lays down and does that tightening stim, her hair is going to be messy after school. Like with the shoes, not that important.

Also....In my opinion No One from a forum or youtube should be reporting this family to CPS. You do not really know them, you aren't in their life. They are liars and users but they aren't abusing their kid. I do feel however they are exploiting her and scamming fans. Report them to you tube, get them demonitized but don't call authorities on them.

His other kid and mom knows all this now, right? leave them alone as well....c'mon

• Heart
Reactions: 36

zazaza

OMG YES i thought about that after I posted here and continue to watch. Doesn’t want to make it all about his kid happening too. He wants to get even more subscriber with saying that. What about pay child support on time instead of thinking about a cruise.
also if you want to give away a cruise to a family? how about the single mother who has raised your child with minimal child support from you? I'm sure they absolutely deserve a nice vacation.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

uncannyvalley

I’m not sure I understand the pearl-clutching about Asa helping Abbie with her bath. There are plenty of women out there with disabled adult sons who do bathing and diapering for them. I feel like we should cut dads some slack here and not assume there’s anything creepy going on!

Their videos have gotten sooo boring since A started daily vlogging. This ain’t Seinfeld, Asa. You can’t have a show about nothing (plus you’re not funny). Sitting on the couch, getting fast food and DD, using Abbie as a prop ... I can barely bring myself to watch anymore, even for snarking purposes😐

lovesis

VIP Member
Why is everyone ok with them forcing Abbie to entertain others. This is not awareness. I don’t like how Priscilla says this is my daughter with autism who is famous. Then makes Abbie say hi and take pictures with the ppl. It’s no different than what Zoos do with animals imo.

• Heart
  • Sad

GrammaL

Chatty Member
Dear Asa/P( or whoever is watching these threads):

The time has come for you both to own up to the fact that lately,those vlogs etc. are mostly about you and for financial gain alone.

The days of wanting to educate people about autism are long over. You have realized how much money can be made,how many gifts can be gotten,( both cash,GF’s,stuff for home,Abbie,etc) and are loving it.

The recent vids(Disney,visit to parents home,and playlist) show just howmuch it’s not about Abbie and her comfort/wants,etc and all about you!

Knowing full well she has trouble w new surroundings, you thrust her into them- very chaotic ones at that(Disney,Playlist).

Had she a “voice” am sure she would be screaming she doesn’t like it! So,instead she acts out. She is then told to go sit( at parents home),while you keep recording,not sitting w her and interacting.

How is it that people who watch( and I followed for a while til it drastically changed) can pick up how distressed she is,yet you all don’t? How is it we can see she needs consistency and you all choose to basically wing it these days?

No,I am far from an expert( yes,have family members w mild to severe/needs to be in care facility) autism,and I can see that what is happening w Abbie is not right.

She is first and foremost a human being( you yourself made a big deal about that when it came to the pointing instead of verbalizing direction w Abbie) and should be afforded the right not to be used as fodder for you and P to become famous.

She is not someone who should be pushed to give a hug to strangers( damn,we teach our kids/grandkids about personal space/touching) and led around like some sort of side show attraction( my daughter,the YouTube star crap).

Go make your fortunes privately,do all you can for all of you kids,and the autism community(behind the scenes) and giver the dignity she deserves to have. What you started out doing and where you are today are light years different.

Namaste to you all!

• Heart
Reactions: 31

RocketQueen

VIP Member
It does make sense Asa. If you point it makes her look, and THINK about what she should be doing. Abbie also looks at people during tasks as well, for affirmation that she is doing what they want. Hes given numerous speeches on why he will not respond until the task is 100% completed. Like, she has to put something in the dishwasher. If she picks up the dish and then looks, he doesnt respond. Once she gets the dish in the washer he will. This is no different, and I too was confused about his sudden change of mindset.

And in vlog...there sits Summer with arm extended trying to keep Abbie out of her food while Cilla sits 2 feet away with her face in her phone, and Asa babbling. He finally takes notice and says "Oh are you guarding?" "Yes, she keeps stealing my croutons off my salad!" "Oh. Come on Abbie." Way to work on the food snatching big guy! And whats even more telling is that Abbie already ate, P is on the sofa and hes walking around filming and Summer has her plate full...so what....they ate and Summer dealt with Abbie? Summer may be a tad quirky but they use the hell out of her too!

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Rainbowcrumpet

I can’t help but laugh.
Ass asked Ab If she wanted Dunkin multiple times and she said NO! Took her to Dunkin anyway and she tantrums and they missed out hahaha

NO MEANS NO! Don’t try and convince her just so you can feed your own face. Don’t give her options if you ain’t gonna listen.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

NeedTeaSis

OMFG. HI, ASA! WE KNOW YOU'VE BEEN LURKING! On tonight's vlog they are literally watching the video from Jamaica where she gets off the catamaran tour and consumes all the salt water than proceeds to shit all over the boat. You know, the one we've been extensively talking about.

• Haha
  • Sick

ABAPQueen1995

After watching the latest vlog and the one before, I'm becoming more worried for Abbie and the relationship with her Dad lately as he is clearly not getting her at all and he's not realising that what he is saying is having an impact on her mood. He really needs to stop talking about her as though she's not there when she's within earshot. The subject of prompting and ABA really triggered her and upset her and it made her yell.
I'm really worried that this is going to escalate. My advice to him would be to discuss things like this privately in the vlogs in future, either going into another room or waiting until she's in bed/at school and then it will make her feel a little bit calmer.

I'm also annoyed they didn't distract her or suggest an activity to do at her Grandad's house when she went to the kitchen. Instead of saying for example 'Hey Abbie, do you want to play with some slime while you wait for your food?', they said to her 'Sit down!' and 'Come here'. They gave no context whatsoever.

They need to start listening to autistic adults like me and understanding the reasons why she gets frustrated and then things will become a lot easier for her. And they also need to turn the camera off straight away when she's upset or overwhelmed, particularly when she starts yelling and it will allow her to calm down and also she'll get the personal space and privacy she really needs. I wouldn't want my parents constantly filming me when I'm melting down so why should they do the same to her?

• Heart

RocketQueen

VIP Member
The whole "call CPS" thing shouldnt even be a discussion. I am mandated reporter and would never call. People may not like the way they are raising her but she is not abused or neglected. What dangerous talk. CPS is already understaffed and overwhelmed everywhere and can barely serve the kids who really REALLY need it. And whats the end goal of wanting to call? Her ending up with foster parents who know literally nothing about her and her quirks, or warehoused in a group home? That isnt going to help her at all.

On another note, the hair discussion reminded me of something. Go the the FA channel and scroll down to June, look for the vlog "Mind the Dash", and look at the thumbnail. Abbie is 100% Maass for sure!

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Stripe69

VIP Member
Just watched tonight’s vlog . I honestly don’t think I can watch anymore. I am getting to the point where they are making me angry.
They offer Abbie to choose a treat and then decide what she can have.
Priscilla is getting out of hand with all this tiK tok and teenage stuff, she is prancing around like she is a teenager, giggling and laughing. Her friend Lauren is trying to get into any shot she can, which is not difficult with the size of her and summer is starting to really annoy me as well.
I don’t know how they work 80 hours a week as the videos are getting shorter and shorter.
It’s just one big shit show and it needs to stop

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

RocketQueen

VIP Member
Just catching up and watched the Playlist vlog. My God. They have totally gone to the dark side. That was so sad, when the young man with Down's wanted to leave, but P was all about pics with Abbie, and then making them wait for Summer and Isaiah. And of course the "This is my daughter the YT star, she has 500,000 subscribers!" She is shameless and so frkn cringe-worthy.

And I love how everyone has been critical of her ridiculous Tik Tok dancing and suddenly Asa gives a speech about why they Tik Tok. "Business side and awareness." At least he admitted its for cash, because P's big arse floppin' around certainly is making us aware of her, but not for autism.

For a moment I was briefly happy at the end. They appeared to be saying goodnight to Summer and Becca and were taking Abbie to the room. I should've known better. Asa took Abbie up, while P had to go "hang" with the 22 yr olds. Where was Lauren or Kaitlyn? Cant these young adults have even ONE evening without her? I am becoming more anti-P everyday. ThIs is no longer the Asa show. Or even the Abbie show, She wants the spotlight and "all the things" for herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Shell_Bell

Imagine if he treated his ACTUAL other daughter like he treats Summer....

Next Up in P's Life Hacks:
* dirty floor? Vacuum!
* need to know the time? Look at a clock!
* dirty dishes? wash them!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

jadedandcaffeinated

He can always correct and "call out" adults who don't have autism and say that their info is wrong and look like the good guy. He can't tell an autistic adult that they're wrong about their own experiences.

Jen cramped his style because suddenly he wasn't the #1 autism expert in the group.

• Heart

PhartBlossom

VIP Member

This is all just my opinion from what I've seen. Asa mistreats Priss. He's manipulative and whiny at best and emotionally abusive at worst. If you start listening at this point, Priscilla worries about the juice getting on her car and he goes "I'll get it... I'LL GET IT" and then the camera cuts. I wonder why. Probably so Assa can continue berating Priss, we know he has anger issues.

Then when she politely mentions the pointing thing, he gets way too upset and defensive about it. She was 100% in the right to mention it but he can't have that. He doesn't just say "oh yeah" or even just say his piece and leave it at that. He goes ON and ON and ON and does not let it go. How dare she question him.

I know we don't like Priss here, but people can be shitty and still be getting misteated by their spouse. Can you imagine how exhausting Assa is? If that's what she has to deal with 24/7 I wouldn't want to do any of Abbie's care either. No mistakes or backtalk allowed or he'll be yelling at you about it for the next hour. Priss' self-esteem is in the mud and I'm sure a lot of it is how he treats her. You have to walk on eggshells around Asa because he does NOT let things go. He's quick to correct everyone around him, but don't you DARE do the same to him or you'll hear about it.

He thinks he edits well enough that he still looks like a great guy. But anyone who's been with someone like that knows the signs and can see between the lines of how he treats her. If that's what he leaves in, imagine what he edits out. He's a weak, insecure, petulant little man who mistreats his wife and son. You know....in my opinion.

"little man syndrome" Asa is the poster child for it.

And I will add...the bigger his belly and moobs get? The smaller his pecker gets. cocktail weenie

• Haha

Brina

Can someone surgically remove that #@$&ing phone from pricillas hand so she actually pays attention to her daughter.

• Haha
  • Heart

GrammaL

Chatty Member
I love Jen. She says it like it is,and she has made autism awareness so much more easy to follow than these 2. My heart did break for her re:trip to Disney,

I don’t think Asa cares for the fact that Jen can articulate what she sees as wrong,likes,dislikes,etc. In his world he likes to be the one who has the complete narrative on everything.

What a true gem Jen is to have put her feelings aside and make that great vid for them. I only wish more people would like her page,add to her followers and promote her more.

• Heart
Reactions: 26