Fathering Autism #6 Bandaid Dog, P tries to jog, Why won't they just get a job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah. Summer is extremely immature and needs a major wake up call before she’s really ready to go into the field. I agree with whoever said Becca has a level of maturity that Summer is lacking. However, when they’re together, that act like six year olds. I want to smack the dumb bleeping grins off their faces. The stupid tickling and touching really grinds my gears especially when it’s followed up by their “typical teen” bullshit.
On many vlogs,posts,etc Summer is always referred to as “Abbies best friend”. Summer herself has also stated this from time to time.
I get that right now she is doing respite work for the family in exchange I guess for room and board.
I agree that Becca seems to have a bit more maturity,and of course,her not living there full time also gives her a slightly different perspective to how she interacts w Abbie.
I just do not get why none of these young adults are not working? If they have all this time to vlog,to TikTok,run to DD,etc then why not get an actual paying job?
Am sure Summer could still be able to provide “respite” for the family,but also have a life outside of them.

Reactions: 6
On many vlogs,posts,etc Summer is always referred to as “Abbies best friend”. Summer herself has also stated this from time to time.
I get that right now she is doing respite work for the family in exchange I guess for room and board.
I agree that Becca seems to have a bit more maturity,and of course,her not living there full time also gives her a slightly different perspective to how she interacts w Abbie.
I just do not get why none of these young adults are not working? If they have all this time to vlog,to TikTok,run to DD,etc then why not get an actual paying job?
Am sure Summer could still be able to provide “respite” for the family,but also have a life outside of them.
I'd want a job just to get away from them for a while lol. I believe Summer is getting paid for respite work (from medicaid?) AND as an editing assistant to Asa.

Reactions: 7
Just finished today's vlog... Why did they leave for ice cream with a total mess on the counter. There was a knife on the counter that the cat could have hurt itself with. Not to mention gross!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'd want a job just to get away from them for a while lol. I believe Summer is getting paid for respite work (from medicaid?) AND as an editing assistant to Asa.
Wait,what? Asa can pay her,but can’t fix the pool heater,is behind on child support? As to her being paid by Medicaid,I wonder if they are aware she lives w them full time. Seems IMO a bit hinky...

Reactions: 8
This might seem like an inappropriate question but it’s just out of curiosity because we were talking about bathing her earlier. But how does that work with a child like Abbie and hair (like armpits)? Don’t wanna sounds weird but does someone take care of that too?

Wait,what? Asa can pay her,but can’t fix the pool heater,is behind on child support? As to her being paid by Medicaid,I wonder if they are aware she lives w them full time. Seems IMO a bit hinky...
The stench is growing by the day, the last time it was this stinky it turned out my neighbour had died a week earlier during a heat wave... unfortunately that isn't a joke

• Wow
Reactions: 4
anyone noticed how Cilla's food portions are getting bigger and bigger... someone is eating their feelings.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
They allow family members and even live in grandparents be paid caregivers in my experience. My sister in law is paid to take care of my husband's grandfather, she lives on his property. And when my child was on the state autism waver I could pick anyone but my husband or my self to be paid for respite. One family that use the agency I did for ABA use live in grandma for respite.

Reactions: 4
This might seem like an inappropriate question but it’s just out of curiosity because we were talking about bathing her earlier. But how does that work with a child like Abbie and hair (like armpits)? Don’t wanna sounds weird but does someone take care of that too?
It sounds like Asa takes care of that most of the time. I worked in a living center for a few summers with teens who have disabilities (physical and mental) and frankly, you just get it done? You scrub what needs scrubbed and wipe what needs wiped. I can only speak from my own experience, but you get into the mindset of it being work and it stops being weird. Things like wiping, showering, changing pads etc... it stops being gross and awkward because you just get used to it. There's nothing weird or inappropriate about it. Probably the same as it is for nurses who do the same type of thing for patients.

I don't think it's weird or bad for Asa to do those things, or even for Summer or Becca to do some of it if they're trained properly. I think that's all pretty private though and they don't need to delve into it on youtube. I think a lot of people are understandably curious about how that all works, but it's really not that big of a deal when you're doing it every day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
They have said in previous vlogs about shaving arm pits

I was watching the vlog last night and I noticed that
Yes I thought that too. In fairness I don’t think she finishes the whole plate but she’s definitely started putting more on than before

Asa did a video awhile ago about that in the old house about how he does that and explained (using the world kinda loosely lol) how parents can do that for their kids or teach their kids how to do it themselves

Isaiah is intelligent but very stunted. They did a VLOG called "Helicopter Parents", and also addressed it in a podcast a few months ago. They admit to controlling over literally every aspect of his education, and inserting themselves into all activities by being volunteers,etc. It certainly hasnt helped him. I cannot wait for his escape to college. They will probably install RING or something wireless so they can still monitor him.
*Obligatory “hi, new user here!” introduction*

actually a long time lurker since the first couple of threads but finally decided to join in on the fun, although most times it’s hard for me to formulate my thoughts into coherent sentences though so I’ll often choose talking to myself in my head rather than reply😅

I actually remember in one of the old vlogs when they were at the old house where they mention Life360 and seeing I’s location (it’s an app where parents can completely monitor their children’s whereabouts by location and can even tell you what percent battery their phone is on, super creepy!)

Reactions: 9
Isaiah is intelligent but very stunted. They did a VLOG called "Helicopter Parents", and also addressed it in a podcast a few months ago. They admit to controlling over literally every aspect of his education, and inserting themselves into all activities by being volunteers,etc. It certainly hasnt helped him. I cannot wait for his escape to college. They will probably install RING or something wireless so they can still monitor him.

I cannot stand her damn laugh either. It’s so fake, excessive and child like. No wonder she doesn’t have friends outside of volleyball or respite caregivers haha. Yeah I said it
Ugh...so mean! I know it’s just your opinion & not only your opinion, but I’ll stick up for the girl again. She is like family to them. Her laugh is silly, but definitely not triggering. She has a good head on her shoulders & so does Isaiah. Neither are immature. I’ve discovered thru parenting teens that this is just how they are these days. Very much social media homebodies, compared to my living life large in the 90’s! 🤪

Ugh...so mean! I know it’s just your opinion & not only your opinion, but I’ll stick up for the girl again. She is like family to them. Her laugh is silly, but definitely not triggering. She has a good head on her shoulders & so does Isaiah. Neither are immature. I’ve discovered thru parenting teens that this is just how they are these days. Very much social media homebodies, compared to my living life large in the 90’s! 🤪
She's not a teen though, she's at least 21 and almost a college graduate.

Reactions: 10
She's not a teen though, she's at least 21 and almost a college graduate.
She has a positive & bubbly personality. You’re also seeing her comfortable in her ‘away from original’ home setting, w/ ppl that she cares about & they care about her. Anyone who cannot understand this, I really feel for you. You must be a cold person & very unhappy with your life.

She has a positive & bubbly personality. You’re also seeing her comfortable in her ‘away from original’ home setting, w/ ppl that she cares about & they care about her. Anyone who cannot understand this, I really feel for you. You must be a cold person & very unhappy with your life.
I'm not 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Sometimes I think you might be A$$a who infiltrated here

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.