Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am new here, and found this site after the recent explanation of second child video.

I have learned a whole lot from people's posts here. The insight from posters with autism, and from posters who are raising children with autism, is so important. I wish FA family would speak to people like those who are posting here. They could learn a lot.

My reason for posting has to do with the second child. I haven't watched their videos for too long, maybe a couple of months, but it always seemed to me like they were a relaxed family who tried to make sure their child with differences was included. The abandonment of the second child completely blows that image. But I don't care about their image. In my book, abandoning a child is the absolute worst. I don't care if the mother of the child said to stay away--you still owe them money and you should still want to know your child. The court documents indicate he could have had a relationship with the child. I also do not believe for a minute that she was 5 before he found out. There's a lot that's off about the timeline, as others have said. In any case I just think they are terrible people for abandoning this child. I could never abandon a child, and I could never love someone who abandoned a child. The idea that they think abandoning his child meant saving *their* family is horrifying.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Hello frens. I am Null, the operator of the Kiwi Farms, a forum similar to this broadly about Internet drama. I've never heard of this site until today, which is surprising because it is very large. I thought I'd say hi.

Someone sent me the screencaps of Asa intimidating your site owner. His second message in particular was the most self-satisfied thing I've ever seen and his smug nauseated me to the point where I felt compelled to spend most of today looking up his court records to archive them. He'll likely start trying to get these things expunged once he contacts his attorney for reals.

Needless to say, his threats are empty. The IC3 mostly handles Internet fraud, consumer complaints, and spam. The FBI will handle cyberstalking and the like but the bar is very high for that. Unless you've been personally contacting people they know, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, and if he does start sending cops to people's doors to intimidate them just say you only talk to police with your attorney. If this site is hosted in the United States you are all protected by the first amendment and its owner is protected by its generous safe harbor laws. (I am not a lawyer, but this is the knowledge I've gained over the years.)

The things he could possibly use his buckets of dosh (earned from parading around his child as a circus freak) on to cause this forum problems are mostly technical in nature. I could enumerate these things but I don't want to give ideas. If he does start doing that, I will be happy to help provide alternatives.

take it ez

Reactions: 2
That’s what I’ve been thinking. Like he wants all the attention on them so they purposely come in late everyday (camera on) so there are no other parents or students around. Then all the staff attention is on them.

Ok somebody has got to tell me which vlog has the boat and diarrhea incident. Please and Thank you.

Reactions: 1
Nope

. Every. Day.. It's because, they're better than the other parents. Hey, they get a lot of exposure because of the MAASSSQUAD, ha...they think that instead of learning about dressing at school, she should be CREDITED for doing it at home. I'm the morning. so, they are late. I seriously hope JSA makes Abigail leave. These people are a distraction to the school. Abbie is NOT a celebrity! She is just the WORST case. So it's doves and roses when she ISN'T because obnoxious and feral. I think she's completely nasty. And Mean. Spoiled.hey!
If JSA asked them to leave Assa would sue them so fast that JSA wouldn't know what hit them...oh wait maybe they would considering a lawsuit is what got her there to begin with so they could be well aware of who they are dealing with. They are within their rights to tell him no filming but they let it go on because they are probably afraid of him

• Heart
Reactions: 16
First off,I do NOT think Abbie is an animal. She is a human being, and should be afforded all respect that entails. I DO however think( comes from watching my daughter/grandson,cousins,etc who deal w autism/aspergers/IDD/ etc.) that there are areas the parents are letting go (more now) just to have a vlog/video/ to put forth.
I do agree w so many here who have stated that maybe Abbies world has become so much more chaotic w all of the people in and out,the many many trips,etc. that could be but one reason for her regressing behavior(s).

I am also a bit appalled that P has become so complacent w A taking a good deal of responsibility/control w Abbie and uses the excuse that he is just better at it!( or words to that affect). I get it’s tiring,I get it can wear one down,I get it may never be better tomorrow than it is today,but that is the job you signed on for when you chose to have children( with/without challenges).
Trying to make said child into something you wish them to be when they are NOT up to that challenge is unfair to not just that child,but all around her. She is NOT a typical teenage girl. She is from what I have garnered,a young child trapped in the body of a teenage girl. She is NOT into the makeup,the nails,etc. ( Maybe do something about her hair always in her eyes would be a good idea).
The rough housing should be curtailed. The loud music maybe replaced by softer tunes to keep her calmed down. Add more pool time.
the one act I do see Abbie relish more and more is when they ask her to say goodbye to the camera and she,without prompt,waves and is quick with “ending” the video. Maybe take that as a small cue that she isn’t enjoying the constant screen time.

Reactions: 17
This will be long. So many great comments to respond to! So, in no order, here are some of my thoughts and opinions.

1- The puppy is a guilt gift from Asa. In the boo-hoo video he made a point of saying the situation has been escalating behind the scenes and Cilla had been crying daily. Instead of flowers or jewelry, he got the puppy she had been wanting.

2- Someone mentioned Abbie may be having hormonal issues...and IMO..thank god for them. I had severe ADHD as a child. This was the early 70's when it was simply "hyperactivity". I was put on Ritalin which frankly saved me and my poor mother. I destroyed our home, never slept, and there is no way I could ever have gotten an education. But the ONE thing my mother has told me that our doctor and psychologist always told her when I hit puberty my behaviors would improve. And they did. Improvements started immediately at 12. By 14 I was "normal", and off Ritalin by 17. It makes me think, because 2 years ago Abbie was aggressively ohysically attacking Cilla and also harmimg herself. Her meltdowns were more frequent and much harder to manage. I think puberty has helped ease some of that. Again, IMO.

3- This one may stir the pot, so sorry in advance, but I am pro ABA. If ABA is abuse guess what? All parents of NT children are abusive too. We potty train. Teach them how to dress. Clean rooms. Do chores. Go to school. Manners. Responsibility. Everything that we as do parents is ABA. I mean, NT kids dont care about potty training or learning to use a spoon properly, they just want to play and "be happy" too, crappy pants and all. We cant do that. While I get Autism is a disorder and makes some things difficult and uncomfortable there is no other answer. If there is, what is it? The parents, teachers and rest of the world should be subjected to whatever makes that individual "happy". I will give them (Maass') credit and say it does appear that they do try to keep her ABA as loose as possible for her comfort....but then it becomes almost too loose...and here she is, knocking on 15 still snatching food, pinching, melting down, and zero "social" skills. And due to IDD she will obviously never be high functioning, but after almost 3 years of watching it is clear that Brandy is excellent at what she does and was able to communicate effectively with Abbie. If they really allowed Brandy to do her job from the begining and stayed consistent I bet she would be a lot better off today.
yes but NT parents and kids aren’t meant to act unlike themselves, forced to give eye contact and have their things taken from them in order to be “compliant”
I appreciate your opinion but I don’t think you fully understand or appreciate autistic voices, their brains and their experiences. It -ABA-has been shown to cause mental health issues, PTSD and abuse and can lead to grooming. Check out the FB page Autism Inclusivity for more, or google famous autistic people and see what they have to say, or read NeuroClastic please and educate yourself :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
yes but NT parents and kids aren’t meant to act unlike themselves, forced to give eye contact and have their things taken from them in order to be “compliant”
I appreciate your opinion but I don’t think you fully understand or appreciate autistic voices, their brains and their experiences. It -ABA-has been shown to cause mental health issues, PTSD and abuse and can lead to grooming. Check out the FB page Autism Inclusivity for more, or google famous autistic people and see what they have to say, or read NeuroClastic please and educate yourself :)
I appreciate your reply and opinion, and thank you for it. I will certainly check out all of the above-mentioned sources. However, whats your solution then? Let Abbie or any other person behave in a manner that is at best disruptive, and at worst injurious to themselves and others because it is cruel to expect someone not to bite, hit, pinch, grab, scream and thrash at the rest of the world because thats is how they feel "themself"?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
No, I meant Asa's other daughter... She hasn't been to his house in 16 years.. It would be nice for him to bring her to their home for a visit..
(Abbie is only 13 years old)...
His older daughter has been to his house? I am confused.

Hi everyone,

I have been reading here for the past few days & finally decided to give you my (unwanted) opinion. I used to watch the FA vlogs daily up until the boohoo video. Right after the video I felt bad for them and sent Asa a supportive message on Instagram. Thank god he didn't see that, cuz when I looked more into the situation I realized what a jerk he is and deleted the message.

The more I read about them, the more I see what a dysfunctional family they are. I think they started out with a healthy mindset and a good goal, but slowly they have fit their life around what brings them the most success, views and money. It went from quality content to very boring daily vlogs.

The one thing I don't like is the way some people here talk about Abbie. She can't help being IDD and autistic, so let's not make fun of her and her shortcomings.

I feel bad for Isaiah. He is such a sweet and caring person. I really hope he gets to experience real life and have some fun when going off to college.

Priscilla, gosh. At first I thought she was a sweet and sensitive person, but I can't help but notice how cold she is towards other people. All she cares about is what others think about her. Her whole life revolves around her image.

A$$a f*cking A$$a. I'm done with him. Such a self absorbed brat who thinks he is so intelligent. English is my 2nd language and I feel like I use more advanced words than him. He doesn't seem smart in any way. Also the constant interrupting bothers me so much.

Summer - idk what the deal is with her constant nervous laughter, but she does seem like a sweet girl. I do think she has a positive impact on Abbie.

All in all, they are a stereotypical American family: fat, loud, always eating fastfood, driving everywhere, self absorbed.
Before any of you get mad, of course I don't think everyone in the US is like that. But in Europe we kinda have this idea about Americans & the Maass' are really not helping that image haha.

Reactions: 12
Hi everyone,

I have been reading here for the past few days & finally decided to give you my (unwanted) opinion. I used to watch the FA vlogs daily up until the boohoo video. Right after the video I felt bad for them and sent Asa a supportive message on Instagram. Thank god he didn't see that, cuz when I looked more into the situation I realized what a jerk he is and deleted the message.

The more I read about them, the more I see what a dysfunctional family they are. I think they started out with a healthy mindset and a good goal, but slowly they have fit their life around what brings them the most success, views and money. It went from quality content to very boring daily vlogs.

The one thing I don't like is the way some people here talk about Abbie. She can't help being IDD and autistic, so let's not make fun of her and her shortcomings.

I feel bad for Isaiah. He is such a sweet and caring person. I really hope he gets to experience real life and have some fun when going off to college.

Priscilla, gosh. At first I thought she was a sweet and sensitive person, but I can't help but notice how cold she is towards other people. All she cares about is what others think about her. Her whole life revolves around her image.

A$$a f*cking A$$a. I'm done with him. Such a self absorbed brat who thinks he is so intelligent. English is my 2nd language and I feel like I use more advanced words than him. He doesn't seem smart in any way. Also the constant interrupting bothers me so much.

Summer - idk what the deal is with her constant nervous laughter, but she does seem like a sweet girl. I do think she has a positive impact on Abbie.

All in all, they are a stereotypical American family: fat, loud, always eating fastfood, driving everywhere, self absorbed.
Before any of you get mad, of course I don't think everyone in the US is like that. But in Europe we kinda have this idea about Americans & the Maass' are really not helping that image haha.

I appreciate your reply and opinion, and thank you for it. I will certainly check out all of the above-mentioned sources. However, whats your solution then? Let Abbie or any other person behave in a manner that is at best disruptive, and at worst injurious to themselves and others because it is cruel to expect someone not to bite, hit, pinch, grab, scream and thrash at the rest of the world because thats is how they feel "themself"?
There’s other therapies such as OT to help w/ sensory stuff, as part of the reason autistuc people, including Abbie, act out is because they’re bored. Many people on this forum have rightly pointed out that she doesn’t have much to do to engage herself, and this could be one reason why she is acting out. Also due to ABA being abusive in the first place, some of it could be a result of stress and pushback, such as communication. We also know that she doesn’t really get much of a chance to properly communicate, as when she was younger her parents didn’t seem to have taught her that much, or have taught her very well...
Also meltdowns and sensory overload can play a part in behaviours - even FA has mentioned this despite how much we criticise the family, they still have had *some* good insights every now and again, especially in the early days. Also one more thing, re ABA, it often only takes the parents wishes into mind and many autistic people have said the therapy is “to the child” not “with the child”, and often doesn’t respect autonomy, such as how people always touch Abbie, tickle her (in earlier videos Brandi and other therapists do this) etc
I’m sorry if I was being harsh in my reply to you, but it’s just that many autistic people don’t get listened to and only the “experts” do. I’m also not claiming I know of all therapies and practices, as I’m only a young adult and have thankfully not had any of these therapies. But that was one of the first things that turned me away from FA was seeing Abbie’s discomfort and realising I would hate these things for me. Many other autistic people, in this forum and elsewhere have said the same thing too. Thank you for being so open and willing to learn in your reply, there’s lots of great writings by autistic people and lots of articles analysising (sic) ABA and FA etc, if I find any I can.
TIA :)

Reactions: 5
I know this is a forum to express how you feel about this family, but this is not about Abbies behavior if it doesn’t pertain to the exploitation by her family.

She is a person, a human and she deserves love just as much as any other child. I don’t care if she claps or yells, oh well. If you can’t handle it, that’s just you and maybe an opinion you shouldn't express here because it’s irrelevant to this.

All the new members coming here with false information and irrelevant opinions are really bringing this forum down.
Again....I have to quote a post before I read all the entries.

Abbie is innocent. She is not a feral animal, spoiled, mean or anything else. She is capable of love and being loved.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
I remember when they announced they were going to be part of Patreon . I was so disgusted ! Like why ? You already receive funds from YouTube and now someplace else? Totally grossed me out - Assa is so money hungry !

Reactions: 10
I agree about ABA. I'm NT and I imagine a therapy that intense that was trying to change who I was. It is one thing to teach someone new things or expect tasks to get done. But to change someone and make them more "useful." (The founder of ABA had that in mind.
My parents were cruel to my brother and pushed him with harsh punishments to do school work or to be more like his peers. It makes sense that he reacts badly when he feels pushed to do things now.
The hard part is he is right on the edge of not being able to maintain his own place, but wants his own place. So he is under pressure to do them.
I think that if he hadn't been treated so harshly about schoolwork and giving up his "childish" toys it would be easier now

There’s other therapies such as OT to help w/ sensory stuff, as part of the reason autistuc people, including Abbie, act out is because they’re bored. Many people on this forum have rightly pointed out that she doesn’t have much to do to engage herself, and this could be one reason why she is acting out. Also due to ABA being abusive in the first place, some of it could be a result of stress and pushback, such as communication. We also know that she doesn’t really get much of a chance to properly communicate, as when she was younger her parents didn’t seem to have taught her that much, or have taught her very well...
Also meltdowns and sensory overload can play a part in behaviours - even FA has mentioned this despite how much we criticise the family, they still have had *some* good insights every now and again, especially in the early days. Also one more thing, re ABA, it often only takes the parents wishes into mind and many autistic people have said the therapy is “to the child” not “with the child”, and often doesn’t respect autonomy, such as how people always touch Abbie, tickle her (in earlier videos Brandi and other therapists do this) etc
I’m sorry if I was being harsh in my reply to you, but it’s just that many autistic people don’t get listened to and only the “experts” do. I’m also not claiming I know of all therapies and practices, as I’m only a young adult and have thankfully not had any of these therapies. But that was one of the first things that turned me away from FA was seeing Abbie’s discomfort and realising I would hate these things for me. Many other autistic people, in this forum and elsewhere have said the same thing too. Thank you for being so open and willing to learn in your reply, there’s lots of great writings by autistic people and lots of articles analysising (sic) ABA and FA etc, if I find any I can.
TIA :)

Reactions: 2
Again....I have to quote a post before I read all the entries.

Abbie is innocent. She is not a feral animal, spoiled, mean or anything else. She is capable of love and being loved.
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone calling her an animal. Animalistic and feral like - yes. Which is true. Her own parents call her “wild.” The definition of feral child is basically a wild child. I think since her parents never gave a tit about teaching her basic manners and just watch her act however which way she wanted, it’s now too late to get her to stop taking peoples food and eating in a feral manner. They put that out there for the world to see, and we’re talking how we see it. Sorry not sorry. If you can prompt unloading a dishwasher, you can prompt how to properly eat and somewhat behave.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Reading the posts about all the sponsors(have lost count) this is why I have stopped following as I did. Have seen the headers that are actively promoting them,and enticements to “follow” to get gifts!

I wasn’t tuning in originally to get “gifts” or see them garner products,etc. I had,as did so many tuned in to gain more insight that I could perhaps pass along to family members and also learn myself.

And while I Get that Abbie is in school during the day,which should allow the
, to fulfill obligations( the pots,pans,makeup,tiktok,etc),it saddens me to see how much they are also using her time at home to do these things instead of doing more interactive things w her( or just giving her down time) to progress.

I reiterate again that Abbie is NOT to be blamed for her behaviors,her actions,etc as lately,the progresses that were once made seem to have just become lol moments for the parents to push on their pages.

They,in the past talked about being her voice to bring autism to the forefront,but these days,they have deemed it more to be about the monies,the gifts that flow in,etc.

IMO,this is just another reality show gone bad. The fame and attention have gone to their collective heads.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I would have liked for A to have said that yes the boat personnel were correct and Abbie shouldn’t have gone, and that they were wrong to take her. The boat personnel anticipated she may swallow too much salt water and that she’d end up with diarrhea. It’s unacceptable that all the other people on the boat had to deal with that when it didn’t have to happen. It’s just sad all the way around, but mostly for Abbie. She would have had the same amount of fun in the pool.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.