Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They started off giving out info about autism and seemed to be genuine people. I admit I was fooled for a while. When they decided to become full time ytubers, that’s when everything changed. No more sessions with Abbie themselves, constant eating out, showing off what they had bought and a really cocky Asa began to emerge.
That girl is obviously idd with autism traits but it is definitely not her main disability. I think when she was younger she was diagnosed with autism as the idd was not showing as much. I hope she is reassessed as in my opinion the little treatment she gets is focused on the autism which is not her main issue.
Back to mr cocky now. He thinks that all the world should adapt themselves to Abbie and it’s ridiculous. Taking her to restaurants and her shouting and stealing is not something that is acceptable and neither should it be.they think they have the only autistic child (idd) imo.
They are oblivious to the needs of other people and his know all attitude makes my blood boil. His continuous interruptions when people are talking just show what he is. There is no other opinion valid except his and he makes a complete fool of himself as he is often wrong.
The whole tit show is rolling out of control and it needs to stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What is this tiktok?
I have often wondered if Brandy is annoyed as hell when she's there. Why do Both parents have to not one FILM therapy but,LAUGH or interrupt Brandys work. Ab treats Brandy different than anyone else. Brandy doesn't take her crap. The parents are doing nothing positive here. When she steals food and runs, P and A both laugh. No matter what, they laugh. It's not funny. It's actually embarrassing, gross and.....makes Abigal more of an animal than before

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Can someone tell me the title of this boohoo video y’all are talking about?? I had no idea about this secret love child and divorce/separation till reading it here today.
They posted a video a few days ago titled "If you Need to Know". People found out about his 2nd child that they have never acknowledged and began commenting on their platforms, and doing some awful stuff like emailing Isaiah. It escalated, even though he tried to catch and delete comments, so they needed to address it.

Reactions: 6
- why do they feed her and themselves so much junk? It’s not cute that she constantly is asking for candy and that they constantly reward her with candy. Also, when she wants a drink, why is it always orange juice? At least get a better brand than the sugar infested Tropicana ... how about water once in a while? P had the nerve to say that Abbie has a well balanced diet. Obviously she has no clue what a well balanced diet is. They need to see a nutritionist that can help them think of better ideas especially for a teenager who is constantly asking for candy
- A had the nerve to say that Brandi cancels when she has other kids that need her more. Bullshit! More like they realized that the therapy isn’t doing tit for her but they had to respond to the comments here
- why the hell are they just now working on her eating habits? Is it just because of the camera?? Did they suddenly start to feel embarrassed that she shoves food in her mouth and steals from others?? I mean I really feel like this could have been worked on earlier in life when she first started feeding herself ... but then again they still spoon feed her like she’s a toddler. It’s not funny that she takes huge bites, shoves an entire cookie in her mouth, bites the entire scoop of ice cream off a cone in one big bite ... like damn. A had the nerve to say “isn’t that cute?” When she stole someone’s fries ... no it’s not bleeping cute. Actually quite ridiculous and animalistic- yeah I said it
They refuse to change their diets. Priscilla had me fooled after her weightloss surgery. I thought she’d be eating healthier but nope that whole family eats crap. At one point Isaiah was on a diet but I bet that’s hard to maintain living there.

They took more notice to the grabbing once the school said something and it was criticized more in the comments and on the forum. They were asked if she is disciplined for grabbing. Then this vlog came out.

Starts at 9:40

Reactions: 8
They refuse to change their diets. Priscilla had me fooled after her weightloss surgery. I thought she’d be eating healthier but nope that whole family eats crap. At one point Isaiah was on a diet but I bet that’s hard to maintain living there.

They took more notice to the grabbing once the school said something and it was criticized more in the comments and on the forum. They were asked if she is disciplined for grabbing. Then this vlog came out.

She's feral af.
IMO

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You'd think it would be a priority to teach her the difference between needing the bathroom and needing alone time, but they don't seem to care. They explain WHY she constantly asks for the bathroom, but in the past few years haven't even tried to give her the tools to ask for alone time when she needs it.
I've been wondering if she's asking to use the bathroom to just get the camera out of her face and as an avoidance tool. I've got a kid that does that when the word "clean your room" is said. Their follow up is "I have to use the bathroom," it never fails.

And also ABA is abuse and causes PTSD which is another reason why it doesn't work for her. They can teach her skills without using ABA methods. I'm autistic myself and I can tell it doesn't work for most autistic people. I saw previous videos and I could definitely tell she was not enjoying it and all she wanted to do was be herself and have fun
That's when when my child with Autism was on our previous state waver. It was required to have ABA by the state to be on the waver. We needed them on the waver to get Medicaid since speech, OT, and PT weren't covered over the age of 3 with an ASD diagnoses for our primary insurance. I wasn't fully comfortable with it so we worked with the state contracted agency and we came up with a "modified ABA" for the child. Now, my child is higher on the scale and is super teachable. Our goal wasn't to cause distress or anxiety. We ended up working mostly on social skills and emotional/non verbal cues(like body language) with them. They are also hyperlexic. So the agency worked that into their lessons. They would work on back and forth conversations using letters with the child. If the child seemed in any sort of distress, we cut what was being done. We did about 2 hours a day 3-4 times a week. Typically 30 minutes was "skill work" and the rest was play sessions. Like taking them swimming in our pool, playing in their room, reading books, going out into the community to interact with other children, weather it nerotypical or nerodiverse. I didn't want to change my child, just give them tools to help navigate the world.

As parents, our job when you are little is to keep you loved, secure, feed, in good health and grow you into human adults that can accomplish anything you put your minds to. If something arises, we are there to take care and fix the problem. It is basic human nature, as being Mom and Dad, to fix it...
I am not saying that it is right that we “fix” Autism. It is the way the brain works and how someone functions. I am saying that it is just how we operate as parents...
When an infant is born, if there is a major medical issue, a parent knows from the start something is wrong, doctors try to fix what they can and whatever is still wrong, sometimes just has to be lived with. They find out from the start though.
With developmental disorders or even massive medical disorders, parents take infants home, none the wiser, we are raising them and then all of a sudden, we start seeing that they can’t keep up with the other infants/toddlers/young children. We take them to doctor and after doctor, therapist and many therapy appointments..
Then, one day, someone sits the parents down and tells them that their child may have Autism and needs to be evaluated for it. They go through the process, evaluations, and then get told that yes, their child is on the Autism Spectrum...
So, what does a parent first want to do? They want to fix it but they learn quickly, there is no fix... There will always be some pain that they cannot fix it... It doesn’t mean we are right, we are just human and basic human instinct is to fix problems and find solutions..
They fall into the "fix it" or "find a cure" category for autism parenting. I sadly know a few that fall into that. I have a feeling their "advocating" for Abbie was more so the school wasn't doing what they wanted to make her "normal."

I know my journey is a lot different than most. My child was labeled developmentally disabled at 15 months after major speech regressions, and beginning to talk at age 5 months. I was pregnant with #2 at the time. Everyone kept saying "Oh speech regression is because baby is coming." I knew that was BS because the child had no idea what baby meant. I fought for testing and the child was put on state's early intervention. Just after their 2nd birthday I noticed the stimming. I had worked with IDD, ASD, NT, etc children prior to having the child so I knew what stimming looked like. I brought it up to their case worker and weekly home visit worker. Both brushed it off with "OH just quirks." That didn't feel right so I called our Dr and told him what was going on. He said child needed to be tested ASAP. Later that day he called me back with testing date of 3 weeks later. It was hard to hear, yet a relief, when the team came back saying "Yes, child has Autism." The DSM had just changed and dropped Asperger's, but were told by the team that if they could still diagnose that, the child would have been diagnosed with Asperger's. I knew there wasn't a fix. My next question was "How can we help them navigate this world?" At one point the child's room looked like an OT therapy room because their sensory input needs were so high at the time, and we wanted them to have a "safe" get away space. Our life revolves around things a child of the same chronological age would have lost interest in long ago. A child that sometimes is to smart for their own good. And a child that would rather visit all 50 state's capital buildings and presidential museum (we've already been to 4 of those, as well as the Book Depository where Kennedy was shot from) than go to Disney.

Those other families who went with them to Disney must look at Abbie and thank their lucky stars their children are not like her. I was watching an older video where Asa said Abbie is a really hard case, and that even her therapists have said so. She is not representative of autism in general AT ALL. She is wayyyy more far gone than most. Her issues go well beyond ASD.
I think the Wees are trying, but it seems that their daughter has some IDDs as well. I've not watched the Breezlies.

Reactions: 7

I didn't think that was a good way to suddenly teach her not to grab.. she has no concept of decorating and just sees .. cookies..eat. Maybe they should start with a less tempting environment to teach her not to grab.. that is if they were doing it for reals and not for clicks and views.

Reactions: 5
Oh

. They were swimming far out in the ocean and the tour people didn't want to bring Abbie. She made them very nervous by continuing looking up, moaning, nodding at nothing. They didn't want her in the boat. Asa convinced them that it was just Autism. When the tour was over and all the people in the boat were danving, Abbie had explosive diarrhea all over the boat. Asa said they had to "get a hose". If I had been on that boat? They would have paid for my trip. An adult having explosive diarrhea all over all those people. She never should have been allowed on that boat.
I said this yesterday but I’ll say it again.....the tour people didn’t care Abbie was on the boat, they were just trying to warn them that with snorkeling consuming too much salt water could cause issue. Asa and Priscilla let Abbie snorkel anyways and she swallowed too much salt water and had a blow out on the boat.

They started off giving out info about autism and seemed to be genuine people. I admit I was fooled for a while. When they decided to become full time ytubers, that’s when everything changed. No more sessions with Abbie themselves, constant eating out, showing off what they had bought and a really cocky Asa began to emerge.
That girl is obviously idd with autism traits but it is definitely not her main disability. I think when she was younger she was diagnosed with autism as the idd was not showing as much. I hope she is reassessed as in my opinion the little treatment she gets is focused on the autism which is not her main issue.
Back to mr cocky now. He thinks that all the world should adapt themselves to Abbie and it’s ridiculous. Taking her to restaurants and her shouting and stealing is not something that is acceptable and neither should it be.they think they have the only autistic child (idd) imo.
They are oblivious to the needs of other people and his know all attitude makes my blood boil. His continuous interruptions when people are talking just show what he is. There is no other opinion valid except his and he makes a complete fool of himself as he is often wrong.
The whole tit show is rolling out of control and it needs to stop.
My feeling exactly! I was such a fan. I am a Social Worker who works with homeless and abused women and children. My job can sometimes make me depressed. Just when I think I've seen the lowest depths of humanity, I see more. It sounds cheesy, but coming home in the evening and watching their family brightened my day. Just a nice family facing adversity as a unit with kindness and love, instead of what I typically see. And just like that....the money started rolling in and it all changed. Cilla's empty undecorated rental full of mismatched furniture is suddenly being decorated. Shes off getting her nails and hair done. Paying OOP for weight loss surgery. They went from older used vehicles that Asa regularly discussed struggling to repair to brand new ones. The trips start. Asa becomes more and more haughty. And as if their blatant display of new money wasnt enough we discover they are not the great family people we thought they were. They have hid this child, which they view as nothing more than a mistake. This is a human being that they valued less than their other two children because they were selfish and worried about appearances. I was SHOOK,

And I admit I still watch, Its like habit now, and a small part of me hopes maybe they will see the light.

Reactions: 17
The day the school has Abbie pass out lunches??! First of all, ASA was right there filming so, she would lay on the filthy floor whenever she wanted. She would dig in and EAT other peoples lunches!! I was...astounded!!! She has NO MANNERS at all. She wants a scrap of food that doesn't even belong to her and, she will kick you for it!! Also her hands, make the stupid teeth face and kick and tell until she got some!! And she did!! Because her parents LAUGH. Isn't she so cute!! No. I would be Horrified if I had to be around her.

I totally get where you’re coming from. I feel the same way. It’s hard enough to raise normal kids who love you back. I can’t imagine bonding in any sort of meaningful way with a kid like Ab. They tell her they love her and she just stares off into space with a blank look on her face. She has zero concept of love. Add to that, the constant screaming, clapping, fits, etc... I just wouldn’t be able to handle it at all. I’m glad there are people in this world who can do this but I’m not one of them.
I know this is a forum to express how you feel about this family, but this is not about Abbies behavior if it doesn’t pertain to the exploitation by her family.

She is a person, a human and she deserves love just as much as any other child. I don’t care if she claps or yells, oh well. If you can’t handle it, that’s just you and maybe an opinion you shouldn't express here because it’s irrelevant to this.

All the new members coming here with false information and irrelevant opinions are really bringing this forum down.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I said this yesterday but I’ll say it again.....the tour people didn’t care Abbie was on the boat, they were just trying to warn them that with snorkeling consuming too much salt water could cause issue. Asa and Priscilla let Abbie snorkel anyways and she swallowed too much salt water and had a blow out on the boat.
Yep. And if they were considerate of others they should have had taken turns remaining on the boat with her. But how would they get Likes without those pics of Abbie, the typical teen, snorkeling? Its pure exploitation at this point. And...has anyone else wondered why he mentioned it at all? He talks constantly about her dignity and thats why he doesnt share certain things. We didnt view this, but even the story was undignified. I think he decided that he needed to get on it ASAP and put that positive spin on it in case one of the other travelers posted about it and it went viral. Controlling the narrative.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I know this is a forum to express how you feel about this family, but this is not about Abbies behavior if it doesn’t pertain to the exploitation by her family.

She is a person, a human and she deserves love just as much as any other child. I don’t care if she claps or yells, oh well. If you can’t handle it, that’s just you and maybe an opinion you shouldn't express here because it’s irrelevant to this.

All the new members coming here with false information and irrelevant opinions are really bringing this forum down.
Honestly some of the tit on here delves into cruel. If it's about someone who's being exploited and has no sense of what she's doing, maybe keep your aggressively hateful opinions to yourself...

In a similar vein, I think it's pretty gross when people call her "feral". She's not an animal, she's a child.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Yep. And if they were considerate of others they should have had taken turns remaining on the boat with her. But how would they get Likes without those pics of Abbie, the typical teen, snorkeling? Its pure exploitation at this point. And...has anyone else wondered why he mentioned it at all? He talks constantly about her dignity and thats why he doesnt share certain things. We didnt view this, but even the story was undignified. I think he decided that he needed to get on it ASAP and put that positive spin on it in case one of the other travelers posted about it and it went viral. Controlling the narrative.
Yep! Also, Abbie would have had plenty of caregiver time on the boat, if they chose for her to stay behind... A&P knows Abbie drinks the pool water when she swims. A&P never looked up side effects of drinking salt water... Assa had to throw a fit because they didn’t want her to go because they knew she would cause issues or drink the water and be sick. The tour operators had probably seen it happen before with other kids because “hello ASSa, they have done this before! You’ll weren’t the first ones to take your child with disabilities on a cruise!! Nor on an excursion.” Again, in true A&P form, Abbie is special, can do what she wants and everyone needs to just bow to them... 😡
Also, I think they need to really have someone try and teach her how to actually swim and not just thread water. This goes from not drinking the water to actually being able to float and safety around the water... We all know A&P can’t do it because they just laughed their heads off when she jumped in fully clothed...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m sure you’re right about the other parents. It’s clear that Abbie is IDD and I find it odd that they never talk about what her “real age” might be. I mean don’t the doctors tell you your child is at this or that level? Honest question,
In my experience, I've only heard a level during testing. Autism at diagnoses has 3 levels. Those levels can go up and down with some people. Medically my child is level 1 and always has been. While on a state waver there was a year they were level 2 due to not being able to complete some self care tasks for their chronological age, IE not being fully potty trained. A few months after that testing child was fully potty trained so next year dropped back to level 1. For and IDD there may be a range, but typically the caregivers are able to identify it with out a doctor or expert having to say "Hey your child is mentally a 2 year old." A&P are just idiots when it comes to that.

2- I had severe ADHD as a child. This was the early 70's when it was simply "hyperactivity". I was put on Ritalin which frankly saved me and my poor mother. I destroyed our home, never slept, and there is no way I could ever have gotten an education. But the ONE thing my mother has told me that our doctor and psychologist always told her when I hit puberty my behaviors would improve. And they did. Improvements started immediately at 12. By 14 I was "normal", and off Ritalin by 17.

3- This one may stir the pot, so sorry in advance, but I am pro ABA. If ABA is abuse guess what? All parents of NT children are abusive too. We potty train. Teach them how to dress. Clean rooms. Do chores. Go to school. Manners. Responsibility. Everything that we as do parents is ABA. I mean, NT kids dont care about potty training or learning to use a spoon properly, they just want to play and "be happy" too, crappy pants and all. We cant do that. While I get Autism is a disorder and makes some things difficult and uncomfortable there is no other answer. If there is, what is it? The parents, teachers and rest of the world should be subjected to whatever makes that individual "happy". I will give them (Maass') credit and say it does appear that they do try to keep her ABA as loose as possible for her comfort....but then it becomes almost too loose...and here she is, knocking on 15 still snatching food, pinching, melting down, and zero "social" skills. And due to IDD she will obviously never be high functioning, but after almost 3 years of watching it is clear that Brandy is excellent at what she does and was able to communicate effectively with Abbie. If they really allowed Brandy to do her job from the begining and stayed consistent I bet she would be a lot better off today.
Thank you for giving me hope!!! My child that doesn't have autism has severe combined type ADHD. I'm going mad and worried about puberty. ADHD meds have helped some, but still most days I'm pulling out my hair. To make things more complicated the kid is to smart. We are looking into testing to advance two grades higher because of them being so board in school. State testing shows the child is already 2-3 grades ahead of their current grade.

As for the ABA. There has been a lot of harm form ABA. Some use physical punishments when the person does not preform the task correctaly or in a timely manner. Also a lot isn't necessarily teaching skills, but wanting to "fix" issues. Like at this point Abbie isn't potty trained, she most likely never will be. If she goes potty on the potty it's because they have a strict schedule, like of like people that potty train their newborn. It's not potty training, it's parents see cues from the newborn and hangs them over a toilet, not the newborn saying "Hey I have to go potty." Yet with ABA they keep pushing it.

I know this is probably petty but.....it really bugs me while watching their vlogs, she is late for school almost Every. Single. Day. I always want to yell at the screen at him to put the damn camera down, quit talking, get that child in the car and get her to school! Being tardy everyday disrupts the teachers routine. And we get it, you’re going to Dunkin on the way home. Every. Day. Am I being petty?
Yes, that's been driving me bat tit crazy for years! It's called a morning routine. You know she goes to school Monday - Friday. You know she needs to be at school by X:XX am. You know it takes X amount of time to get her ready in the morning. Plus I get sometimes there is traffic, but you need to factor in how long the average traffic is. It's not rocket science. I wish JSA, since Abbie is being funded by tax money, could send them to truancy court like a regular public school would. ASD/IDD aside in public school you are late if you are late, no matter who you are unless you have a doctors note.

Attachments

I didn't think that was a good way to suddenly teach her not to grab.. she has no concept of decorating and just sees .. cookies..eat. Maybe they should start with a less tempting environment to teach her not to grab.. that is if they were doing it for reals and not for clicks and views.
Asa was just trying to assert his dominance. It def wasn’t the right way to do that when she had no previous concept of that being something she could get in trouble for.

So he puts her on timeout for grabbing that cookie, but now he’s making TikToks temping her to grab his food. I bet he told her “good job” after. There was a jump cut in that TikTok so it’s obvious she must not have grabbed the food the first time. They shouldn’t be using something she needs to work on as TikTok content.

Reactions: 10
Hmm.. on the site, Mylife.com under P’s name, it indicates there are arrests for her, too. I’m not saying there ARE for a fact - so no libel here - but you can check out that website for yourself.
That site is horrible, it totally misrepresents people. If you have had something as minor as a parking ticket, it will say you have arrests. Who hasn’t had that in their lifetime? So I would ignore that

According to that video she IS physically able to speak, which is why she has the therapy to keep her muscles strong.
No she said she believes she will speak someday and does with all her patients and says doesn't know shes not God. Assa even said she gave a noncommittal response to the question of Abby speaking. We can see Abby has very poor motor planning and has not made any visible progress with her speech. There is a disconnect with muscles required for speech and her brain. She even regresses with her tablet and Dynavox and just start hitting picture after pictures of food. And you can A&P do not try to force her to speak.

Reactions: 1
DarthMama, I hope the same happens for you and your child. I was also advanced. By 3rd grade I was reading at high school level, but not capable of finishing an assignment or not disrupting the classroom until I started on Ritalin. I sat alone in the front of the room...all the other kids behind me because to have them in front or alongside me was too much for me to look at. I slept on average two hours a night. I would get up in the night and play, and when I was much younger (like 4-7) I had to be locked in my room because I started a stove top fire trying cook, went outside, broke things ,etc.

Thankfully as an adult I do not remember anything really negative from my childhood. I do remember my 3x weekly sessions with the school psychologist which I attended from ages 8 to 15, which frankly was an early version of ABA. I had tasks I had to learn and repeat, and a timer set to do it. Completing an assignment. Sitting still. Active listening and appropriate responses, behavior in public settings and outings, all of which were based on punishment/reward system which followed over at home. It may not sound intense but it actually was. However I do not feel I was abused, and certainly do not have PTSD. If anything, as an adult I feel guilt for robbing my parents and older brother a happy, peaceful life. My parents marriage didnt survive, and many years later I learned my older brother had to attend therapy back then and had been teased and bullied mercilessly by his friends because of my behavior, which yep... was pretty feral. He was a young teen at the height of my issues and couldnt even have friends over because of my behavior. To this day, (I am late 40's) my mother cannot talk much about that period without crying.

Truthfully, after discovering FA three years ago I have wondered if I am actually on the spectrum as well, albeit very mildly. I do have some sound sensitivity, not extreme, but sometimes I will hear something that makes me feel as if the sound will simply drive me insane. I have a couple very insignificant OCD type tendencies. Very few, and not disruptive, but have always been there. I have never enjoyed light, inside or out...wondering if thats light sensitivity? I'll never really know...but I do know that the combination of medication and therapy led me to a life that I feel blessed to have. :):)

Reactions: 3
I have mentioned this same thing before, I don't think it's petty to feel that way. As a person who worked on schedule, people that are late throws your entire day off. Late people were the bane of my existence on many days. I had a 45 min per patient schedule. If someone comes in 15 min late, where are you going to make up that time? At your lunch or the end of the day, and everyone that comes in on time behind you, now has to wait. AARRRGGG #glad to be retired

With them at school, someone has to come out and get her, she comes into the room where the day is already started and it probably disrupts the flow for the kids as well as the teachers. It is rude, inconsiderate and shows how self entitled he thinks he is.
That’s what I’ve been thinking. Like he wants all the attention on them so they purposely come in late everyday (camera on) so there are no other parents or students around. Then all the staff attention is on them.

Ok somebody has got to tell me which vlog has the boat and diarrhea incident. Please and Thank you.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.