Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one who thinks their marriage is platonic? A$$a goes to bed when Priscilla gets up, they always have people around during the day & they rarely show affection and love to eachother. Is it me or are they together just because of Abbie?!

Also maybe I'm paranoid, but I think A$$a has infiltrated here and is reading this thread and maybe even posting on here.... 😱

Oh good grief. Please stop this.

Reactions: 1
I more so meant that if they wanted to go out then they could arrange respite which is Becca and Summer. I also don't mind Isaiah being asked to babysit from time to time but he really wasn't asked, it was expected of him. I also just find it weird that they expect him to responsible for another person's life but don't allow him the freedom to come and go as he pleases. If he is responsible enough to bath, dress and care for his disabled sister i really don't see why they still treat him like he is a young teenager who can't make his own (responsible) decisions.
Speaking only from my own experience, it’s probably because he is still in high school. I went through almost the same thing as Isaiah. I always asked my parents before I was going anywhere and I would be asked (and expected sometimes) to watch my sister. They may have asked him earlier off camera if he would be free to watch Abbie, we really don’t know because we only see parts of their day. Sometimes that’s just part of a families dynamic. I do agree that the timing of respite care is a little wonky and miscalculated a lot of the time though.

Vlog Summary: Making Her Do Chores, February 24th 2020
  • Thumbnail > “You Can Help” with P pointing at something and Ab not looking
  • Opens with Ab carrying clothes upstairs to her bed and Ass saying he’ll put them away.
  • Arrive at Dog Park on Cart saying “2 laps today”, Ass talks about getting out of the house and getting exercise. Summer is with them. Isaiah on One Wheel
  • Going to talk about they engage her and doing stuff around the house. Summer tries to get Ab to do jumping jacks and stretches.
  • Ass says Ab helping with chores is sporadic, says Isaiah is required to clean up kitchen after dinner and take out trash but Ab doesn’t have a schedule for chores. Brought up 2 loads of laundry with a tantrum after one.
  • Say Maverick even as a service dog sucked with other dogs and manners
  • Say nobody came outside of their houses where they used to live
  • P gives a tip for teaching to vacuum: dump hole punch scraps for them to clean up (Brandi taught them that, she doesn’t need that anymore) also use painters tape to plot a grid.
  • Ass rambles about transferable skills, loading Cart for ride home while Isaiah onewheels it.
  • Debate about pronunciation of lever (leave-er vs. lev-er)
  • Bunch of grandparents in the kitchen, apparently grandpa is going to join scooter squad.
  • Bunch of mysoginistic jokes
  • P’s stepdad is in the hospital with compressed L1/L2
  • Chocolate cake after hearty meal for all
  • P asks Ab to help feed dogs, takes one scoop from can and set spoon in bowl while P does the rest and Ab is sent off with the empty can
  • Montage of tidying the living room with Ab, she does quite well but tons of cuts
  • P hugging Ab
  • Ass ramble about getting Ab involved and engaged blah blah blah, if your kid likes routine make chores part of it.
  • Ass puts Ab to bed, he forces her to say bye even though she’s hiding under the covers
  • Outake > P actually jogging.
You are the bomb!!!!! I absolutely love your synopsis of the videos and I will always wait till you post before I watch the video now.

Reactions: 11
One of the early vlogs, where they talk about the day she was diagnosed, I believe because of her age, it was PDDNOS possibly Autism. From there on out, they latched on to the word Autism because it is easier to have hope for groth and forward momentum. I'm not sure if I have that 100% correct, but I do believe that after this long, she really should have another evaluation to receive a true and adequate diagnosis. I'm not a Dr., but IMO, she presents IDD predominantly.
Autism can be diagnosed at any age, typically after 18 months, with the proper doctor/team. PDD-NOS is typically what a Dr would say if the child, at the time they used this diagnoses, would have atypical Autism, vs Classic Autism or Asperger's. PDD-NOS back then wouldn't have been covered under many insurances. I found this on the web about it "Some developmental health professionals refer to PDD-NOS as “subthreshold autism." In other words, it’s the diagnosis they use for someone who has some but not all characteristics of autism or who has relatively mild symptoms. For instance, a person may have significant autism symptoms in one core area such as social deficits, but mild or no symptoms in another core area such as restricted, repetitive behaviors." I highly doubt she was PDD-NOS when she was diagnosed, and if she was IDD would have been primary diagnoses because she's got classic Autism.

I'm going to disagree with this. I do not notice that at all and that just seems like somebody making tit up now.
When they were surfing, there was a shot of Summer's rear end, when they took her to the freezing waterfall in NC -bust shot, short shorts- you guessed it. I agree it's sickening, I wish her dad took a close look at what's being shot of her. Many more.

Reactions: 5
And don’t forget Pricilla spraying that setting spray all in her eyes
AND NOW SHE HAS A FREAKIN STY IN HER EYE! ARE YOU KIDDING ME UGH I USED TO BE A FAN.....NOT ANYMORE ITS JUST SAD AND IM SAD FOR ABBY AND ISAIAH TBH. PRISCILLA IS CRINGY AS HELL ESP THE WHOLE TICK TOCK THING, SHE CANT EVEN DANCE! WTH ITS SO EMBARRASSING TO WATCH UGH MORE LATER IM AT WORK SO ITS HARD TO TYPE IN HERE

Reactions: 2
When they were surfing, there was a shot of Summer's rear end, when they took her to the freezing waterfall in NC -bust shot, short shorts- you guessed it. I agree it's sickening, I wish her dad took a close look at what's being shot of her. Many more.
Nope. Disagree. It feels like you are trying to start some nonsense goosip, spread some lies. Just the sense I'm getting.

Reactions: 10
LMAO They went on a walk and during the walk Abbie wasn’t feeling it and the Ass goes “look Abbie there’s a party... bet they got snacks.” WTF is wrong with this man and that family? I just had to start with that quote cause I’m sitting here wondering why the hell do they always try to encourage her to do things using food, snacks and candy as a reward? I’m sick of it. Anyway the whole vlog was about making her do chores around the house and again I was wondering wtf is the point of her doing all this useless tit that she is not gonna do on her own anyway?? bleeping A even said “its easier for us to do it.” No tit Sherlock... but you want to put up a facade for the world that Abbie is capabale of understanding what she’s doing and why. Someone else mentioned this and it’s exactly what I was thinking - instead of making her do these “chores” that are way too much for her and you have to constantly prompt, why don’t you make her brush her hair, pick up the toys in her room, make her bed, etc.? They’re doing too much at this point to make her seem normal or just autistic. Ugh they’re so disgusting. I also noticed a snide remark from P while in the kitchen basically saying it’s “all talk and less work around here.” I noticed that Summer’s weird ass wasn’t shown too much drooling over her best friend either. They tried to just act like a normal family, having dinner with some old people and getting tit done in the house- lol. Train wrecks.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Autism can be diagnosed at any age, typically after 18 months, with the proper doctor/team. PDD-NOS is typically what a Dr would say if the child, at the time they used this diagnoses, would have atypical Autism, vs Classic Autism or Asperger's. PDD-NOS back then wouldn't have been covered under many insurances. I found this on the web about it "Some developmental health professionals refer to PDD-NOS as “subthreshold autism." In other words, it’s the diagnosis they use for someone who has some but not all characteristics of autism or who has relatively mild symptoms. For instance, a person may have significant autism symptoms in one core area such as social deficits, but mild or no symptoms in another core area such as restricted, repetitive behaviors." I highly doubt she was PDD-NOS when she was diagnosed, and if she was IDD would have been primary diagnoses because she's got classic Autism.
So the team of doctors misdiagnosed her?

Yeah this idiot literally preys on her. I’m not sure why it’s even a debate. I’ve seen it since day one that he lusts over her. And he keeps saying “summer and Isaiah are like siblings and plus she’s older than him.” Lol what?! What world do you live in that you think a 17 year old man and 21 year old woman can’t have a thing for each other? bleeping idiot.

Reactions: 3
So the team of doctors misdiagnosed her?
It's not unheard of. Also they could have diagnosed her IDD with PDD-NOS, but later they had it changed to Autism as primary. Clearly watching videos Autism isn't her first disability. But it has to be primary for her to be at JSA

Reactions: 4
LMAO They went on a walk and during the walk Abbie wasn’t feeling it and the Ass goes “look Abbie there’s a party... bet they got snacks.” WTF is wrong with this man and that family? I just had to start with that quote cause I’m sitting here wondering why the hell do they always try to encourage her to do things using food, snacks and candy as a reward? I’m sick of it. Anyway the whole vlog was about making her do chores around the house and again I was wondering wtf is the point of her doing all this useless tit that she is not gonna do on her own anyway?? bleeping A even said “its easier for us to do it.” No tit Sherlock... but you want to put up a facade for the world that Abbie is capabale of understanding what she’s doing and why. Someone else mentioned this and it’s exactly what I was thinking - instead of making her do these “chores” that are way too much for her and you have to constantly prompt, why don’t you make her brush her hair, pick up the toys in her room, make her bed, etc.? They’re doing too much at this point to make her seem normal or just autistic. Ugh they’re so disgusting. I also noticed a snide remark from P while in the kitchen basically saying it’s “all talk and less work around here.” I noticed that Summer’s weird ass wasn’t shown too much drooling over her best friend either. They tried to just act like a normal family, having dinner with some old people and getting tit done in the house- lol. Train wrecks.
The answer is pretty simple, they haven't accepted the fact that Abby is not actually 14. These chores were fine for a 14 year old, they were not fine for someone with a mental age between 18-24 months. If you think about what you would ask of a toddler it wouldn't go farther than picking up toys and indeed under supervision handle for example a small vacuum. But as with any toddler you know you will be doing the chore again yourself because they are not capable yet of successfully finishing the chore. The difference is that a NT toddler will grow and actually end up learning to do the chore themselves, Abbie will most likely never get to a point where she can vacuum on her own (i don't care what they say about her being able to do it, she is still prompted on that chore after years and years of practicing). It's simply ridiculous to keep pretending that Abbie will at some point be able to do these chores without being prompted or corrected multiple times.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You are the bomb!!!!! I absolutely love your synopsis of the videos and I will always wait till you post before I watch the video now.
haha no prob, I cannot guarantee I can get to it every night but I type while I watch and maybe pause once or twice tops if I have commentary to add but it usually only takes as long as the vlog is to type the synopsis :) Also as I've mentioned in an earlier post, if I have not posted one by 7:30 or so I welcome anyone who wants to take the reigns in my delinquency ;-)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The answer is pretty simple, they haven't accepted the fact that Abby is not actually 14. These chores were fine for a 14 year old, they were not fine for someone with a mental age between 18-24 months. If you think about what you would ask of a toddler it wouldn't go farther than picking up toys and indeed under supervision handle for example a small vacuum. But as with any toddler you know you will be doing the chore again yourself because they are not capable yet of successfully finishing the chore. The difference is that a NT toddler will grow and actually end up learning to do the chore themselves, Abbie will most likely never get to a point where she can vacuum on her own (i don't care what they say about her being able to do it, she is still prompted on that chore after years and years of practicing). It's simply ridiculous to keep pretending that Abbie will at some point be able to do these chores without being prompted or corrected multiple times.
Exactly my point. They just keep pretending that she’s gonna be able to do these chores on her own someday. It’s not like you can just say “hey Abbie will you clean the living room?” They’re gonna have to do it with her every single time. So why not focus on the small things is what I was trying to say.

Reactions: 12
It's not unheard of. Also they could have diagnosed her IDD with PDD-NOS, but later they had it changed to Autism as primary. Clearly watching videos Autism isn't her first disability. But it has to be primary for her to be at JSA
Oh, ok. Got it. Just went and researched the video. She received her "official" Autism DX at 2 1/2, and the PDDNOS was at 2. So, she did have it changed quickly after.

My question then, furthering this discussion, is ; how normal is it to receive a dx that young, and not be reevaluated in over 12 years?

Reactions: 5
I’m glad that they got her a real bedding set and not the little couch blanket she was sleeping in for the longest. Smh.

Reactions: 4
Oh, ok. Got it. Just went and researched the video. She received her "official" Autism DX at 2 1/2, and the PDDNOS was at 2. So, she did have it changed quickly after.

My question then, furthering this discussion, is ; how normal is it to receive a dx that young, and not be reevaluated in over 12 years?
My younger sister was diagnosed with autism around the age of two, and the diagnosis hasn’t been questioned or re-evaluated since. She’s turning 19 in 3 months.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

It's very common to have it diagnosed once and never reevaluated. There are different ways it's tested though, but all should fallow the DSM criteria of the description. Personally I prefer the team diagnoses; in our case a developmental pediatrician, speech path, OT, PT, social worker, and neurologist were the professionals on our team. They each did different tests in their areas then had a meeting together, without us, discussing the findings. They then brought us into a room and told us what they decided. But some people like the single person, typically a psychologist, test and diagnose. They don't ever grow out of it. Those that say their child "outgrew," "was fixed by diet," etc never had Autism to begin with. They had something the mimicked Autism. The only times I've seen reevaluations done is when there is state waver programs. That's typically to see if the child is still benefiting form services or has moved levels within the ASD spectrum. The amount of support depends on the level.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.