Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To me the shoes is one of those pick your battles type things. She obviously has an issue with shoes and socks, it wouldn't be the hill I would want to die on. Not as important as so many other things.
I’m fine with it anywhere but in a restaurant, store or other place of business. I hate shoes myself. I will go barefoot as much as I can. Hell, I walk my dogs barefoot most of the time! And yes, I do live in Kentucky, haha! (It’s a stereotype that people in Kentucky don’t wear shoes)

Reactions: 7
What would you recommend they do?

The boy has his feet on his seat, with shoes. Lots of kids do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
As one who is a “newbie” here,let me state that I have never and will never blame Abbie for her behaviors,her condition,etc.

I do however find fault w her parents and how they go about teaching her,helping her,etc.

I am not sure at what age level Abbie functions,but I am certain it’s at a child level,not the “typical teen” her mother especially seems to think/want her to.
At that age level,a child needs to be told over and over what is right/wrong,have schedules,etc.

Abbies world is constantly being interrupted w people in and out,trips to places that are known to increase her anxiety,cameras in her face,etc.

if it’s okay one day to roughhouse,why isn’t it the next? If kicking is not going to be addressed at all times as unacceptable behavior,then they can’t call it out only here and there.
How is it they think the loud edgy music driving to school is going to be a calming influence upon arrival?
I agree w those who have said her word board or voice thingy needs to be updated to include more ways for Abbie to “voice” what she wants,how she feels,and possible lead to more communication on her part.

As for Asa,I was a little taken aback when he stated not to long ago that if the blogging,vlogs,instagrams,etc came to an end,they would actually have no monetary income. That’s pretty much a crappy way of looking towards the future.
Why not a real,outside job and do these vids on weekends? Hasn’t he been paying attention? These things do NOT last forever,nor is the end result ever really great.
This once informative page has become nothing more than a cheapened reality show,only in it to make money( how many platforms does one need?) and IMO a way for A to have total control over everyone.

As for P herself,while I do not question she loves Abbie,she needs to be much more involved w her learning,her behavior issues,etc. Sitting on a couch,mostly on her phone,is NOT,IMO,a way to have 100% interaction. I also think she needs to stand up to A much more than she does. When he cuts her off,call him out. Stop looking at him like a child,waiting for him to take the lead. For a self proclaimed business savvy person,she seems to be rather weak and docile when it comes to all other thinsg(of course her business is mainly through the internet,not a great deal of person to person interaction).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My two cents (Yes I'm new like the rest of the people who came because of the crying video.) I feel the channel has never been about spreading "autism awareness". In earlier videos A gets mad at comments from people with autism telling them they don't understand autism because they can type and speak. He was speaking to people WITH autism.
I am the parent of a 31-year-old autistic man who lives at home. He does not have IDD, he has an extremely high IQ. He can speak and type. He would also literally starve to death if I wasn't always on his ever-changing food issues. He can not hold a job, he can barley shower and could never be expected to live alone properly. I feel A is actually doing harm to autism awareness by demanding his daughter's level of disability to qualify as "really" being autistic when clearly his daughter has more going on.

Reactions: 22
Mornin'

I have noticed this influx of somewhat passive aggressive, baiting type comments as well from some newbies. *gives the stink eye* Abbie is innocent.

The party crash. OMG! Why in the world would they do that? No only crash the party but film it. I think Asa was upset because his whole life revolves around his camera and content, he was lost without it and maybe upset that other lady would steal good content. But these grown assed adults should have known better, boundaries….they do not understand boundaries. They said "crashing respite workers party" not friends, workers. I know when I was young if I was at a bar party and my bosses showed up? I'd be like, "why are you here?"
Which vlog is this?

I don’t know about you but I think this forum has lost its way over the last couple of days. This is a gossip forum about exploiting Abbie and we seem to be veering way off topic. If we could get back to our original gossiping, i for one would be so grateful. It is getting a bit too deep for me.
Things seem to be getting steered off course and I have noticed that quite a few of the regulars are not commenting, can we please stick to the topic .
Is it my post about visual aids that you're referring to about being too deep and way off topic?

I wonder if Abbie could learn to express how she FEELS via her communication device with some work. I don't know if that's within her capabilities or could be, but they don't seem to explore it. Even just happy/sad/angry would be really, really useful.

Is it my post about visual aids that you're referring to about being too deep and way off topic?
No, it’s just the general subject matter. It seems to be more about people’s experience with autism and educating people which is a good thing but not the purpose of this forum.

Reactions: 9
I just watched the last vlog. Is this educational? Is this spreading awareness? I'm lost. From that start, I watched a kid misbehave, yell like a lunatic and then they say "don't be mad" when Ab is upset! ?? From 10:23 on, it's a sweaty,breathless, 15 year old is on the loose show!! Yell, KICK some new girl (to which ONLY Summer days something about it), look insane, KICK HER MOTHER, when asked for a kiss and then they go out. I would Never come back.
I know the post you made calling Abbie nasty names was deleted but you continue with this type post. She is not a kid misbehaving, she is not a lunatic, she is not insane. She is a severely disabled child. Her chronological age is 15 but her behavioral age is closer to maybe 2.

They know the woman (not new girl) and she also has a disabled child.

Any mother that NEVER comes back is not a good mother.

Not sure what your agenda is here but it isn't going to work. Abbie is innocent.

Reactions: 10
No, it’s just the general subject matter. It seems to be more about people’s experience with autism and educating people which is a good thing but not the purpose of this forum.
Wish I'd known that before I shared my experiences. Or had been clued in a few weeks ago. Were you all just humoring me?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
To be fair, Becca and Summer should be able to have lives too. It’s not unheard of to have siblings babysit one another. Whether they have ASD or not. I’ve got a sister with autism and I’ve been babysitting her since I was 15. Some kids (or adults in Isaiah’s case) are just responsible like that.
I more so meant that if they wanted to go out then they could arrange respite which is Becca and Summer. I also don't mind Isaiah being asked to babysit from time to time but he really wasn't asked, it was expected of him. I also just find it weird that they expect him to responsible for another person's life but don't allow him the freedom to come and go as he pleases. If he is responsible enough to bath, dress and care for his disabled sister i really don't see why they still treat him like he is a young teenager who can't make his own (responsible) decisions.

Wish I'd known that before I shared my experiences. Or had been clued in a few weeks ago. Were you all just humoring me?
I think a lot of it is relevant. people who are autistic or have family members with autism have pointed out a lot of problematic things with the Maass' that I didn't even notice before.

Reactions: 15
I more so meant that if they wanted to go out then they could arrange respite which is Becca and Summer. I also don't mind Isaiah being asked to babysit from time to time but he really wasn't asked, it was expected of him. I also just find it weird that they expect him to responsible for another person's life but don't allow him the freedom to come and go as he pleases. If he is responsible enough to bath, dress and care for his disabled sister i really don't see why they still treat him like he is a young teenager who can't make his own (responsible) decisions.
He is a young teenager and I haven't seen many that can make responsible decisions. It is part of what being a teen is.

I have liked everything you have shared and I learned from it.

Reactions: 10
He is a young teenager and I haven't seen many that can make responsible decisions. It is part of what being a teen is.
It is but they trust him to make responsible decisions when it comes to Abbie so why not himself? Either they don't care if he makes a wrong decision when it comes to Abbie or they simply decided that no matter how responsible he is he can't be in control of his own life.

I also personally wouldn't call an 18 year old a young teenager, he is legally an adult.

It is but they trust him to make responsible decisions when it comes to Abbie so why not himself? Either they don't care if he makes a wrong decision when it comes to Abbie or they simply decided that no matter how responsible he is he can't be in control of his own life.

I also personally wouldn't call an 18 year old a young teenager, he is legally an adult.
Slightly off topic, but I was babysitting children starting at 12 and I definitely wasn't allowed to come and go as I wanted as a teen. It's a very weird cultural thing that we let kids be caregivers for kids and trust them not to kill them, but still treat them like children themselves. I guess I don't have anything specific to add it's just bleeping weird.

I didn’t mean to upset anyone. I have been really happy on this forum , sorry to you if have upset you. It’s just the last couple of days have been a bit heavy going. I’ll just watch for a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Been around any 18 year old lately? remember when you were 18? In my opinion they are not adults, they are teens.

Teens can babysit....not the same as actually being an adult.

Reactions: 2
Your insights being a sibling are wonderfully written and oh so poignant. ❤

My thoughts on the latest vlogs are that Abbie does not want to be filmed. For example on one of more recent vlogs she kept on hiding her head with the blanket..I took this as she didn’t want to be seen. The two saddest moments I have seen are the tears at the hockey game and when she was in the corner of the dark laundry room. Every day, when watching, I yell at the TV “she doesn’t understand”. I honestly don’t know how the plane ride to California for FamFest will go. She doesn’t have to be exposed to everything in the outside world...oh,how I wish she could really tell how she feels. My heart weeps for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.