Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There have also been some bait & switch toned posts. (edit: yes jaded! well said w/ your ‘it’s as if someone is planting ideas...’)

I felt sad watching Abbie struggle through the countries at school. I’m so confused why autism is stealing these children’s lives away from them. They are forced to live in such a confused state. I pray for a cure!

A cure for what exactly?

Reactions: 1
Even if you don’t want to lose weight; walking is a normal thing you should do everyday. I’m kind of surprised to be honest. We get recommendations from the health department of the government about walking everyday at least 30 minutes (but the best would be 10.000 steps a day). It’s quite a normal thing to go on a walk after dinner and if you have dogs you walk at least 5 times a day anyways. Dogs don’t poop or pee in backyards here. Big no no.
Also you don’t need to go outside and walk to actually do it. You can use a treadmill.

Reactions: 5
Even if you don’t want to lose weight; walking is a normal thing you should do everyday. I’m kind of surprised to be honest. We get recommendations from the health department of the government about walking everyday at least 30 minutes (but the best would be 10.000 steps a day). It’s quite a normal thing to go on a walk after dinner and if you have dogs you walk at least 5 times a day anyways. Dogs don’t poop or pee in backyards here. Big no no.
I skip through their vlogs so I'm not sure what they do with their dog but maybe now that they have two they will take them on more walks. I know they have a pool but i'm not sure how much grassy areas they have for them. It probably would be good for Abby to get out more doing a daily healthy activity.

Reactions: 7
I'm not in the best shape ever but 18 years since she's walked a mile? A single mile? How quick are these night time walks the family goes on? It's been almost a year since her surgery too. That's a whole other level of lazy.

Reactions: 10
In the vlog about having weight loss surgery she said that the only reason she was doing it was because of Abbie. She said how comfortable in her skin she was and that it was purely to be around longer. Her only just walking a mile when her surgery was nearly a year ago has shocked me. In another vlog some months ago, her and Asa had just been to join a gym but there’s never been any mention of that since!

I'm not in the best shape ever but 18 years since she's walked a mile? A single mile? How quick are these night time walks the family goes on? It's been almost a year since her surgery too. That's a whole other level of lazy.
She reminds me of a few people I know who expected the surgery to an insta fix and everything else will work out. Of course they gained all that weight back because they didn't change their diet and exercise habits.

I am really not interested in criticizing anyone over exercise/weight but it is still a little surprising to me that she hasn't committed more regularly to walking/exercise after the surgery. I'm pretty sure that's one of the big things they talk about beforehand, even when not going through insurance. plus with a dog that's a great reason to go get a walk in at least once a day. hopefully they'll keep it up with the puppy, because I'm sure she has a lot of energy to burn off!

Wish I'd known that before I shared my experiences. Or had been clued in a few weeks ago. Were you all just humoring me?
I think all of your posts are right on and consider you one of the best of this group of educated bright individuals.

Reactions: 6
Again,not “fat shaming” her,but come on..a year after surgery and a mile is all she just accomplished?
Btw,no matter how many miles she does,the food she consumes,the sitting for the better part of the day,etc will NOT make that much of a difference in the long run.

Even if walking were not her thing,a few laps in the pool daily would also be a great way to exercise! The dang excuse of it’s been too chilly as of late is just that-an excuse! While FL. Does experience some cooler days,especially up around her area,what about the rest of the year? Maybe an hour every day,w Abbie also included in the pool would not only help w the weight loss,but maybe help Abbie sleep a bit better at nite( tire her out) and get her a bit more active as well.

From the vids they post,Abbie comes home from school and for the most part is sitting in the corner of the couch( and no,not bashing Abbie).

As an aside,who exactly is Summer there for? Is it Abbie or P? Doesn’t she have school herself? Friends she could hang out with during the time Abbie is in school? IMO,looking more and more like P is using( sorry,maybe not right word) Summer as a substitute for the “normal teen daughter” she does not have.

Reactions: 6
Guilty here. I don’t exercise and have lost close to 90 pounds in the last two years. I keep my calorie count to 1200 a day and log everything I eat. I do walk occasionally (actually rarely) as exercise but I never stick with it. I’m stopping weight loss now because I’m thin enough (116 at 5’3), but I will always have to closely monitor my food intake. Lazy as hell, I guess.
The difference is that Priss isn't doing either one, yet keeps boasting about her "weight loss journey." What she is doing isn't a journey, it's a round trip back to where she started because she isn't taking it seriously. You obviously take it serious, she doesn't.

Recommended Activities
During the first several weeks after surgery, you may feel weak and tire easily after activity. However, light activity, such as frequent short walks, is recommended. Gradually increase the distance. The more physically active you are, the better. It will enhance your recovery and ultimately give you more energy.

Continue walking at least four times a day, so that you are walking 30 to 45 minutes per day by the sixth week. By your six-week office visit, you should be regularly walking two miles a day or more, unless you have specific problems with your weight-bearing joints. If so, water exercises are recommended. You can begin these about three weeks after surgery.
Emphasis Added
Source: https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/recovering-from-bariatric-surgery

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wait what! Seriously? Cilla just posted a picture saying “for the first time in 18 years I went on a 1 mile walk/run”. I literally laughed my ass of while translating miles to km (we use km) and found out it was only 1.5 km. Why is she proud of that? Literally everybody I know walks at least (!) 1 mile a day. 😂 That’s really normal in my country. How lazy can you be? 18 years. My god. Is this like a culture difference (not trying to be rude but just wondering) or is she just lazy?
I’m pretty sure she meant that she attempted a 1 mile run for the first time but she actually had to slow down and walk some of the mile.....not trying to defend her in any way but just two weeks or so ago she walked over 5 miles in a day at Walt Disney World. One of the people in their party was wearing a fitness tracker and made a comment about surviving the over 5 miles of walking.

Reactions: 8
A lot of people are more prone to get into cars rather than walk places but if she was taking her weight loss seriously she should definitely should be walking more. Maybe that's why she isn't losing weight that fast.
She should be walking a mile a day, or more, with Abbie. I’m 52 and can walk 2-3 miles at a time, P should be able to do that easily. I do feel Abbie needs more exercise. Instead of going around the neighborhood in the golf cart mom, dad and Abbie should be out walking! They live where there’s mild weather year round!

I’m pretty sure she meant that she attempted a 1 mile run for the first time but she actually had to slow down and walk some of the mile.....not trying to defend her in any way but just two weeks or so ago she walked over 5 miles in a day at Walt Disney World. One of the people in their party was wearing a fitness tracker and made a comment about surviving the over 5 miles of walking.
I saw that as well. However,she really should be beyond having to walk/run just a mile. Had she been faithfully been doing what is required,this should have been achieved a good while back.

As for the walking at Disney,many many people who never exercise make that walk daily. It’s what they do the rest of the time,especially if they continuously bring up the surgery,seek attention for such,etc. as she does.

Reactions: 2
I thought she meant this as well

Reactions: 2
I saw that as well. However,she really should be beyond having to walk/run just a mile. Had she been faithfully been doing what is required,this should have been achieved a good while back.

As for the walking at Disney,many many people who never exercise make that walk daily. It’s what they do the rest of the time,especially if they continuously bring up the surgery,seek attention for such,etc. as she does.
Exactly, walking 5 miles in a day really shouldn't be an exception. Like a lot have mentioned already 7000-10.000 steps a day is recommended, the average step is 0,75 meters so to walk 7,5km means taking a little over 10.000 steps, that really isn't that special or at least it shouldn't be. The fact that they found that a challenge really should tell you enough.

Reactions: 4
She need to get out more with Abbie go for walks my kid told me to get off my but and do more I’m been working on it I ride my stationary bike as much as I can and watch what I eat and my kids love playing outside when it’s warm here it’s cold in the winter here in Canada in B.C. William lake so I doing what I can just move around more jump or walk in place is better then not doing a thing at all and clean house vacuum or just get up and moving

Reactions: 4
Why do you constantly have to make passive agressive comments?! I feel like you're trying to be the boss of this thread. Just be nice 😊
my thoughts too but i didnt want to say anything since I had already been trying to teach them a few little things about autistic minds, and OP doesn’t even seem to have taken anything I said into consideration, unlike another member who was perfectly willing to research a bit more...

I would also recommend reading this article which was written by my friend who sometimes communicates with an AAC. She is very intelligent and has a degree in pharmacology. The article can be found here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/theaspergian.com/2019/07/18/why-aac-is-a-human-right/amp/
i can’t wait to read that myself later too! Your friend sounds awesome :)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.