Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was me who said it. It’s because some of the new members IMO were saying some weird things about Abbie....that she isn’t deserving of love because she’s IDD, it was said twice the boat workers didn’t want her on the boat when that isn’t true. It seems these threads werent like that, it was mostly about her parents being schemers and exploiting her, then is shifted to talking about Abbie negatively.
I have been suspicious about certain posts as well. It usually goes something like this: ‘hi everyone, i’ve been reading here for a long time & this is my 1st post,’ but then they continue on with such needling words & in a very passive aggressive tone. As if they can ask the most hurtful of questions, but in an innocent tone. The posts seem very much directed at Asa.

Reactions: 8
I have been suspicious about certain posts as well. It usually goes something like this: ‘hi everyone, i’ve been reading here for a long time & this is my 1st post,’ but then they continue on with such needling words & in a very passive aggressive tone. As if they can ask the most hurtful of comments, but in an innocent tone. The posts seem very much directed at Asa.
Totally agree with you and lovesis... it's a bit odd. I've been following these threads for the last month and over the past week it's gotten weird. I don't want to get too into conspiracy theories, but it seems like someone is coming here trying to plant aggressive and insensitive comments and make it seem like we're all bullies when we're really not. Maybe it's just one person who really likes to be nasty making multiple accounts. Either way it's pretty transparent.

All of them are suspiciously similar in format.

Reactions: 9
I just double checked and it was never said that Abbie isn't deserving of love because she's IDD. I actually made a point of saying that it ISN'T that Abbie is unlovable and it's NOT that she isn't deserving of love. Just that because they can't connect with her on a deeper level, there's only so far the connection they do have can go. Her being unable to reciprocate affection makes things challenging as well. This was not meant as an attack on Abbie. I also said that she can't help being IDD and autistic. That's something she cannot control.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There have also been some bait & switch toned posts. (edit: yes jaded! well said w/ your ‘it’s as if someone is planting ideas...’)

I felt sad watching Abbie struggle through the countries at school. I’m so confused why autism is stealing these children’s lives away from them. They are forced to live in such a confused state. I pray for a cure!

• Angry
Reactions: 5
There have also been some bait & switch toned posts. I felt sad watching Abbie struggle through the countries at school. I’m so confused why autism is stealing these children’s lives away from them. They are forced to live in such a confused state. I pray for a cure!
There won't be a cure, because autism isn't a disease.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just want to also say that it doesn’t bother me to see Priss loving the puppy (however the ‘sweet girl’ thing is weird & I thought was for Abbie only, but oh well) because humans & dogs & “even cats” (lol) deserve love. I’m happy for them, that they have a new family member & one that can truly reciprocate love. I guess all we can hope for is that Abbie maybe understands positive energy & that she can benefit that way. I hope that she can one day understand, feel, & reciprocate love. Maybe she can, but just cannot show it much or at all to animals. Thinking back to when she sat at the table next to the alpacas....lol! So bittersweet tho!

I don’t know if anyone picked up on it but when Isaiah and Abbie we’re taking the cushions from each other on the settee, Asa said quietly get him Abbie.That is so wrong. He comments about her being aggressive at times and then he is actually urging her “ to get him “
How confusing must this be for Abbie. He is a fool. That poor girl is being given mixed messages .

Reactions: 11
I just double checked and it was never said that Abbie isn't deserving of love because she's IDD. I actually made a point of saying that it ISN'T that Abbie is unlovable and it's NOT that she isn't deserving of love. Just that because they can't connect with her on a deeper level, there's only so far the connection they do have can go. Her being unable to reciprocate affection makes things challenging as well. This was not meant as an attack on Abbie. I also said that she can't help being IDD and autistic. That's something she cannot control.
It was insinuated that because Abbie has autism/idd that it would be hard to love a child like that or give them the same affection as a neurotypical child. Even if that is true for that poster, it just sounds negative to me, and that was my opinion on that.

Reactions: 7
There won't be a cure, because autism isn't a disease.
I know it’s a sensitive topic, but I think you all know what I mean. I know there are many who wouldn’t want their child any different....I guess I’m just thinking if there were some way to take away all their struggles & that they could communicate as a NT.

I don’t know if anyone picked up on it but when Isaiah and Abbie we’re taking the cushions from each other on the settee, Asa said quietly get him Abbie.That is so wrong. He comments about her being aggressive at times and then he is actually urging her “ to get him “
How confusing must this be for Abbie. He is a fool. That poor girl is being given mixed messages .
She seems to understand & enjoy playful behavior though.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
It was insinuated that because Abbie has autism/idd that it would be hard to love a child like that or give them the same affection as a neurotypical child. Even if that is true for that poster, it just sounds negative to me, and that was my opinion on that.

I get that. I was responding to your statement that someone said that Abbie is not deserving of love which is quite different from saying that it's hard to love her. Yes, it does sound negative but I think it's one of the unpleasant things that can happen in this situation. Granted, I'm not a parent of a special needs child who is non-verbal and has very limited communication skills so I don't know exactly what it's like. I can only speculate. I do think there is a difference in the connection with an NT child versus a special needs child. It's not a matter of one being more deserving than the other, it's just different.

Reactions: 1
Sorry for over posts! Just clearing up any confusion on what was said to them on the catamaran. They surely had concerns about her drowning. A&P had to explain she’s a good swimmer, has a pool, etc. Someone said they warned A&P about ingesting too much salt water. I don’t think that was mentioned at all. I don’t think A&P had any clue that could happen to Abbie. I mentioned way back at the time that maybe they could’ve had an idea on if she needed to go #2. With all the eating out that they do, it’s likely hard to keep track of. Anyways...enough about the devastating poop explosion on the boat. It was sad for all. They said Abbie didn’t seem to care though. But if she was NT, hell no would she want this info out there in video format & on social media! Yikes!

I agree. Abbie has difficulty with the concept of: "It's okay to do this in THIS situation but not THAT situation.". When Abbie pinched Pricilla the other day, to me it looked like Abbie was trying to get P's attention and to initiate some rough-house type of playing. It goes back to A&P being inconsistent with her. Like when she did kick P in today's video and Asa kind of half-heartedly told her don't do that. If they aren't firm and consistent - Abbie isn't going to get it.

Reactions: 6
New here and want to state a few observations that may have already been addressed.
- asa’s TikTok video of taunting Abbie with sandwich while he’s smirking shows his narcissism.
- Priscilla agrees with EVERYthing Asa says. She lacks her own identity. It’s the Asa show.
- after the Daddyofive fiasco, YT demonetized videos featuring minors.(Or so I thought 🤔).
- Asa pushes Isaiah to film Brothering autism vids
- summer is annoying AF
Summer and all those other kids are taking advantage of this opportunity to build their resume. They’re dumb as hell for doing it with this family, but they’re already quite weird to where it doesn’t matter to them.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Sorry for over posts! Just clearing up any confusion on what was said to them on the catamaran. They surely had concerns about her drowning. A&P had to explain she’s a good swimmer, has a pool, etc. Someone said they warned A&P about ingesting too much salt water. I don’t think that was mentioned at all. I don’t think A&P had any clue that could happen to Abbie. I mentioned way back at the time that maybe they could’ve had an idea on if she needed to go #2. With all the eating out that they do, it’s likely hard to keep track of. Anyways...enough about the devastating poop explosion on the boat. It was sad for all. They said Abbie didn’t seem to care though. But if she was NT, hell no would she want this info out there in video format & on social media! Yikes!
From what I recall, the staff on the boat asked more than once if A&P thought Abbie was medically safe to go snorkeling. They didn't outright say she can't go in the water. They were trying to politely suggest and hopefully influence A&P to keep Abbie on the boat as it wouldn't be a good idea for her to go snorkeling.

• Heart
She knows not to pinch tho. I still think Abbie understands the rough housing & wrestling. I just see her as being impulsive & unable to not kick when goofing around. Tickling her just activates her whole body. This reminds me of myself actually. I’m high sensory & ADD (if you haven’t noticed) & my kids know that if they tickle me/touch me unexpectedly that I flail & my body & nervous system overreacts. I scream bloody murder on rollercoasters. If someone scares me, watch out, I scream! lol Anyone else here like that? I could be on the spectrum some. I watched the video of that early 20’s gal talk about her autism quirks as a kid & I could relate to some. I wasn’t dx w/ ADD until I was 19! I should be on Adderall. But I don’t mind having 5 different conversations w/ my fam in text at the same time. lol

Reactions: 4
As old as they are and living in Florida, they should know of all the dangers of ingesting salt water. No excuse on this incident for me. Sorry but they always want to push her to being normal. They know she doesn’t spit ... they also let her swallow toothpaste ... and pool water. Just completely irresponsible on their part.

Reactions: 12
I get that. I was responding to your statement that someone said that Abbie is not deserving of love which is quite different from saying that it's hard to love her. Yes, it does sound negative but I think it's one of the unpleasant things that can happen in this situation. Granted, I'm not a parent of a special needs child who is non-verbal and has very limited communication skills so I don't know exactly what it's like. I can only speculate. I do think there is a difference in the connection with an NT child versus a special needs child. It's not a matter of one being more deserving than the other, it's just different.
Ok so can I ask you what exactly makes it more difficult to love a child that has autism/idd than a child who doesn’t. In my eyes I would love my child with autism the same way I would love my child who doesn’t have it. So when I hear someone say they would find it hard to love their child or show affection to their child with autism, I find it negative. This is the post I’m referring to btw. Just realized it’s not a new member, so my bad on that.

To everyone who says P is much kinder and more natural with the puppy than with Abbie -- I agree. I also ... kind of understand. I hate to say this, but it's really how I feel: Abbie is hard to love. Her constant screaming alone would make it so difficult to feel love and affection for her. I have worked with many children with autism, from mild/moderate to severe. The vast majority are capable of showing affection for their caregivers in some way. But Abbie ... all she does is annoy and destroy. And that must be heartbreaking as a parent. So I can understand how Priscilla is so sweet with this adorable new puppy.

I said something similar and referenced my experience as a sibling. I talk about it here. I rarely do in real life. Because I'm tired of saying what my experience is and being told 1. It must be really hard for my parents. 2. My brother needs me and I must care for him when my parents are gone. 3. I'm only his sister so I don't know much about him/autism.

I talk about it here because caring for him was and is a large part of my life. And also because the most relief I ever felt about my ambivalent feelings was when I first read Gilbert Grape and the main character says sometimes he loves his brother and sometimes he wants to shove him in front of a bus. It wasn't preachy and didn't tell me what to feel. And it felt real. I saw the remarks about people talking about personal experiences and how that may not be what these forums are about. Okay then. Going forward I'll just say "in my opinion."

• Heart
As old as they are and living in Florida, they should know of all the dangers of ingesting salt water. No excuse on this incident for me. Sorry but they always want to push her to being normal. They know she doesn’t spit ... they also let her swallow toothpaste ... and pool water. Just completely irresponsible on their part.
I agree on how they seem to push her into being normal. They are reckless at times with her.

It’s like with that damn street legal buggy. It’s just too dangerous imo. I wouldn’t want that for my kids. He was filming while driving today. Such an arse move. He still acts above the law. He’ll nvr change. Well, until something bad happens. God forbid.

I’ve gotten down the “imo” pretty well in the forums. Live & learn. Also, “allegedly” is another good one, thx to watching quite a few Angelika Oles vids. haha

So imo, I think when ppl say it’s hard to love someone who cannot reciprocate, what they’re really saying is it’s hard to love the autism.

I think I really dislike nitpicking. Analyzing situations is fine, hypotheticals can be ok, but sometimes it’s weird for me to read the most nitpicked of situations. I try to give the benefit of the doubt....hope you all understand what I’m saying. Sometimes I feel like I have to defend how ppl do & say things in the US. Someone even tried to blast all Americans for Priss being southern. The south is just as foreign to me. lol

I know it’s a sensitive topic, but I think you all know what I mean. I know there are many who wouldn’t want their child any different....I guess I’m just thinking if there were some way to take away all their struggles & that they could communicate as a NT.

She seems to understand & enjoy playful behavior though.
Littlestpeanut: what’s your f’ing problem? lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Same. I don't have the mental energy to keep track of more than one account here. Dunno who is doing that, but I guess people can report the people they suspect and admins can investigate.

I would also like to point out that as an autistic person, I would never claim to know everything about every autistic person. But we do have an insight into sensory difficulties, stimming and such. It's a natural observance and something we can identify with, even if we don't have associated intellectual disorders. By the same token, you could argue that neurotpyical parents don't have the same insight as we do. I appreciate all perspectives, including that of parents/carers.

If I became Deaf one day, I would ask a community of Deaf people for tips about navigating the world, not their carers. It's only natural that autistic people will be viewing and have opinions on Fathering AUTISM no?

Additionally, since the "drama" has been exposed on FA, it's going to cause an increase in interest on forums like this. That can only be a good thing. There will be a rush of "omg he has another kid, and omg he hasn't been paying child support", that's gunna happen on gossip sites, it's a big thing. Not everyone cares about that, that's ok, but many do. It will die down over time. If every comment on here was solely about Abbie and her being exploited, these threads would die down.. why? because Abbie isn't the main focus anymore, they are now lifestyle vloggers, not autism vloggers. The change in discussion is also due to this.
Have I ever said you write well?! 👏👏👏 to everything V said, especially the second (?) paragraph about autistic people, can relate being another autistic person on this forum :)
Also re the example about Deaf/ HoH people, yea that is a fantastic example to use to show how ridiculous it is when autistic people (in general) aren’t listened to, and FA has made it worse about not listening to us, because he thinks he knows everything and spreads misinformation etc, hence why he is openly hated by most autistic people...
I love reading your posts V🙌

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.