Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was thinking about all the help they get all the respite. We have been offered it often actually, but much like Abbie our little girl is non-verbal and over my dead body am I going to palm her off to someone who is getting paid to look after her, knowing she could never tell us if anything happened, and also because she is a handful...she drives us to distraction, she will demonstrate behaviours that if I wasn't her parent I would find it very hard to deal with. Knowing all that, my child, my job, she is safest with me and I love her unconditionally. I am just surprised they want al this time off from being with her. Autistic kids are hard work but if you put in the time helping them reach goals, no matter how small its so rewarding for you and them.

Reactions: 8
Having the son babysit for Abbie is not an issue w me per se. Many older kids care for younger ones in families. I do think the issue was ( in the latest vid) the assumption by P then A that he was going to do it. P already had her coat on,even while coaxing A to join them.
And NO,I do not think rules are to be thrown out the window once one becomes 18. I do think they should be (maybe they are,can’t speak to it) a little less restrictive,curfew extended,etc.

I fervently hope that when I goes away to school he broadens his horizons much more re: experiences,friends,etc. Am sure it will be a major culture shock first couple of months at school. The freedom,a busier,more hectic environment,etc.

Reactions: 2
No, it’s just the general subject matter. It seems to be more about people’s experience with autism and educating people which is a good thing but not the purpose of this forum.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up :)

My problem with the channel is really that I don't think they are good role models for autism awareness. Seems to me that they are doing a lot of things the opposite of what a 'typical' autistic person would need. Many of the comments in these threads have just strengthened that opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Having the son babysit for Abbie is not an issue w me per se. Many older kids care for younger ones in families. I do think the issue was ( in the latest vid) the assumption by P then A that he was going to do it. P already had her coat on,even while coaxing A to join them.
And NO,I do not think rules are to be thrown out the window once one becomes 18. I do think they should be (maybe they are,can’t speak to it) a little less restrictive,curfew extended,etc.

I fervently hope that when I goes away to school he broadens his horizons much more re: experiences,friends,etc. Am sure it will be a major culture shock first couple of months at school. The freedom,a busier,more hectic environment,etc.
I think it’s a case of “my house, my rules”, after all he is still in high school and has even admitted that he is learning how to “adult”.

By the way, I enjoy reading all the comments and opinions on here. Although I may not agree with all of them, I welcome the opportunity to read and often learn from them.

Reactions: 10
Sorry, I can't seem to reply to a post regarding children with autism are harder to love.

I have 3 near typical kids and 1 autistic, and oh hell no, the NT kids are far more difficult. My daughter which might not be very common I suppose in autistic kids is very cuddly, there is no pretence with these kids ..if there are tears they are real, if they are in pain they show it, there wont ever be pretending to be poorly etc.

My daughter is locked mentally into a much younger age and as such birthdays and christmases are all still so exciting and special for her, its never lost its magic. So, yes behaviours can be so hard to cope with at times, but spend time to understand your childs wants and needs and the good times should absolutely outweigh the bad. The issue with Abbie is she's doing what the parents think she should do, instead of them spending enough time with her to understand her wants.

Reactions: 9

Maybe it's a cultural thing, i'm not actually from the US and i'm used to restrictions being a lot looser than what they seem to be in the US. In my country it's pretty normal for 16 year olds to go on vacation by themselves, stay home alone for a week or more when parents are away. I guess my attitude towards the restrictions I seems to have are based on that. I don't necessarily see an 18 year old as a full fledged adult but when i was that age i did my own taxes, paid for my own school supplies/tuition and had been working 15+ hours a week next to school since i was 15. My curfew was gone by the time i was 16, just like all my friends where free to come and go as long as we didn't get into trouble.

Reactions: 9
Most autistic people don’t want a cure thanks. Many like how their brains work, it’s only because of ableism and society that many struggle. Please read this post https://neuroclastic.com/2020/01/17/why-is-there-no-cure-for-autism/ and https://neuroclastic.com/2020/01/28/a-letter-to-pro-cure-autistic-people/ and more on this website and other posts by autistic people. Many say that “curing” autism would be changing an entire personality sonce this is how we view the world. Feel free to check out “Save The Neurotypicals” on twitter (if you don’t have an account you can do a google search and still read posts etc) and you’ll see how hurtful your comment can be to some. Hopefully I make sense, whilst I understand where you’re coming from, many many autistic voices are getting ignored in the discussion, and those are the same ones who have said no cure please. @Valentine could probably explain very well too. :)
Would never refuse a cure for my daughter, not for me, but for her, the way things stand for her now unless things change completely, she wont ever get married, possibly even experience love or a relationship, no children... So, yes shes non-verbal and way below her years ( shes 11 ) and profoundly disabled. I do understand folk with aspergars or mild forms of autism being quite happy to keep their condition but as much as I love the girl she is now for her to be able to lead a full life would be the best thing that could ever happen for her. Like, when my partner or I die... who will look after her, shes not going to be independent ( save for a miracle ) just knowing she could support herself would make every night I lay down to try and go to sleep much easier.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She s

Should NOT have been on that boat. Okay, the Maass family goal is Accepting Autism,right? If I were on that boat when that girl,who doesn't have control over her bowels or even, that she's HAVING explosive diarrhea at the moment? What kind of ACCEPTANCE do you wan t??! Get her OFF the boat she is SO severely mentally handicapped,she doesn't even realize what she did! Priscilla says, "we will talk about it in the privacy of our room." privacy? You did this!! You put her out there! You clean it up.
Abbie has every right to be on that boat. Children with autism are allowed to experience different things as long as they aren’t a sensory overload for them.

It was the snorkeling that she should not have done because of her lack of awareness. She may know how to swim but I doubt she understands snorkeling or how to avoid consuming too much salt water.

As for P herself,while I do not question she loves Abbie,she needs to be much more involved w her learning,her behavior issues,etc. Sitting on a couch,mostly on her phone,is NOT,IMO,a way to have 100% interaction. I also think she needs to stand up to A much more than she does. When he cuts her off,call him out. Stop looking at him like a child,waiting for him to take the lead. For a self proclaimed business savvy person,she seems to be rather weak and docile when it comes to all other thinsg(of course her business is mainly through the internet,not a great deal of person to person interaction).
I have said this before but Priscilla has no backbone. She loves playing the ditzy wife role.

Reactions: 8
That site is horrible, it totally misrepresents people. If you have had something as minor as a parking ticket, it will say you have arrests. Who hasn’t had that in their lifetime? So I would ignore that
So a lot of people have trafffic tickets. That’s not the same as an arrest. Actually a ton of people on mylife don’t have the red exclamation mark to their name for arrest records like P and A do. Therefore, fairly positive it doesn’t include just traffic tickets. Going to the site is tricky. The best way to do it is use a search engine and put in “P’s full name, mylife” just that, and the first entry will take you to her, without the hassle of going directly to the site first and searching the name because of how the site is set up. I have had plenty of traffic tickets and my name doesn’t have the red exclamation mark after the arrest indicator (it indicates P also have bankrupcies or liens bu the way, but I don’t think that’s a big deal). Of all my friends and family who have been arrested on non-traffic offenses, the site does show the red indicator. I’m telling you, P does have some kind of arrest (not just traffic tickets) but I am not interested enough in going behind the paywall to find out what it is. Honestly I don’t care very much. Just thought I would mention it. What makes me most upset is the exploitation of Abbie. I am not what one would call fully neurotypical and I am painfully aware how not everyone is watching FA to get “autism awareness”. The painful truth is that the world is still filled with plenty of people who watch in a way that entertains them; to see how different Abbie is or how strange she acts. People have always been fascinated (not in a good or respectful way) by the unusual people in this world. That’s why they banned circus sideshows (not saying Abbie is that way, but a lot of people will still get enjoyment at the human oddity angle of FA). And that’s where exploitation comes in the very worst way. The family must know this... sad.

Reactions: 5
I feel like I should put in my two cents as I am currently 20, so only 2 years ago I was 18. I think maturity varies greatly from person to person, I've known 18 year olds who are not mature at all while there are others who are as mature as adults. My own boyfriend was a very mature teenager and took on a full time job at 17 in a company that he still work for 4 years later to help pay family bills. When I was 18, I was finishing my first year of college and had the freedom to leave the house when I pleased (within reason, obviously my parents wouldn’t have approved of me leaving the house at 2am or something) Even when I was still in high school, I was allowed to go as I please as long as it wasn’t too late, I would just tell my parents where I am going on my way out. From what I can see in vlogs, Isaiah seems like one of the more mature 18 year olds. I think it is a big responsibility to take on the role of a caregiver for Abbie and Isaiah has been doing that for a long time now. I don’t think it is unreasonable for him to be allowed to come and go from the house as he pleases (again within reason so not like leaving at 2am or something.)

Reactions: 4
I think that Asa and Pricilla love their daughter and I’m sure she loves them, she may not be able to show it in the conventional way but I have no doubt she is capable of love. When I first started watching I thought they were truly to show awareness but that changed for me when it felt like money became their main interest, now it is all about the money. The main problem I have with them is Asa is a arrogant know it all and Pricilla never gets off her phone. I want to scream at her to put the phone down and interact with your daughter.

Reactions: 12
I think that Asa and Pricilla love their daughter and I’m sure she loves them, she may not be able to show it in the conventional way but I have no doubt she is capable of love. When I first started watching I thought they were truly to show awareness but that changed for me when it felt like money became their main interest, now it is all about the money. The main problem I have with them is Asa is a arrogant know it all and Pricilla never gets off her phone. I want to scream at her to put the phone down and interact with your daughter.
There was a pic of Isaiah's party and all his friends were on the phone and ALL the comments were like "Kids these days! Always on the phone! Can't pay attention to each other!" as if that isn't what Priss and Assa are doing literally every second of the day.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wait what! Seriously? Cilla just posted a picture saying “for the first time in 18 years I went on a 1 mile walk/run”. I literally laughed my ass of while translating miles to km (we use km) and found out it was only 1.5 km. Why is she proud of that? Literally everybody I know walks at least (!) 1 mile a day. 😂 That’s really normal in my country. How lazy can you be? 18 years. My god. Is this like a culture difference (not trying to be rude but just wondering) or is she just lazy?

• Haha
Wait what! Seriously? Cilla just posted a picture saying “for the first time in 18 years I went on a 1 mile walk/run”. I literally laughed my ass of while translating miles to km (we use km) and found out it was only 1.5 km. Why is she proud of that? Literally everybody I know walks at least (!) 1 mile a day. 😂 That’s really normal in my country. How lazy can you be? 18 years. My god. Is this a culture thing or is she just lazy?
What?? I'm not exactly a size 6 either but i walk 2 km to and from work every day (this is also very normal where i live, we take a bike or we walk), it takes 20 minutes to walk 2km at average speed. It's recommended to take at least 7000 steps a day (or preferably 10.000 which is easily manageable when you work from home). I would understand if she didn't want to run because well i hate that to lol but walking a mile takes no time at all and can be incorporated in everyone's day easily, you don't even need to wear work out clothes for that. Maybe someone should hold out a Dunkin Donut in front of her, that will get her moving :rolleyes:

Seriously how is it possible that she had weight loss surgery 5 or something months ago and just walked a mile for the first time?

Wait what! Seriously? Cilla just posted a picture saying “for the first time in 18 years I went on a 1 mile walk/run”. I literally laughed my ass of while translating miles to km (we use km) and found out it was only 1.5 km. Why is she proud of that? Literally everybody I know walks at least (!) 1 mile a day. 😂 That’s really normal in my country. How lazy can you be? 18 years. My god. Is this like a culture difference (not trying to be rude but just wondering) or is she just lazy?
A lot of people are more prone to get into cars rather than walk places but if she was taking her weight loss seriously she should definitely should be walking more. Maybe that's why she isn't losing weight that fast.

I will not “fat shame” “Cilla,but seriously,walking 1 mile in 18 yrs is NOT a major feat! I get that wadded weight it makes it harder to walk,etc. but a mile is NOT exactly that difficult! She honestly should have been walking every single day especially since the surgery and by now be up to maybe a 3 mile walk!

It also looks like she now has another channel( hard to keep up) which revolves around this feat and her walking.

Reactions: 6
Probably something sponsored coming. She has only talked exercising in a sponsored video.

Last edited:
A lot of people are more prone to get into cars rather than walk places but if she was taking her weight loss seriously she should definitely should be walking more. Maybe that's why she isn't losing weight that fast.
Even if you don’t want to lose weight; walking is a normal thing you should do everyday. I’m kind of surprised to be honest. We get recommendations from the health department of the government about walking everyday at least 30 minutes (but the best would be 10.000 steps a day). It’s quite a normal thing to go on a walk after dinner and if you have dogs you walk at least 5 times a day anyways. Dogs don’t poop or pee in backyards here. Big no no.

LOL! Ohhhh P. If you're celebrating walking a mile after 18 years, you've got a long way to go! I walk about 2 miles a day (approx 1 mile one way) just to get to my train and home (to and from work). I can drive but I choose the extra exercise. Wow... needless to say, a sedentary lifestyle with the way she eats is dangerous. Probably why she chose the lazy way out to lose weight with surgery... which has obviously failed her cause of her lifestyle choices. Good job though... one mile after 18 years is a good start.

So this brings up a good point... these fools can't even keep themselves healthy and do the right thing, yet here they are parading their "autistic" child and giving others advice. They are complete clowns.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.