Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe someone here can answer this. Is Summer now Abbies full time respite worker? Is this in return for free room/board in their home? With son leaving for school this summer/fall,am sure they won’t be able to handle doing all they need to do on their own(s).

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Maybe someone here can answer this. Is Summer now Abbies full time respite worker? Is this in return for free room/board in their home? With son leaving for school this summer/fall,am sure they won’t be able to handle doing all they need to do on their own(s).
i think that’s the speculation

Reactions: 1
My dogs vet told us no to grain free. It’s typically filled with chemicals. There’s many better options that have high protein.

First off,I do NOT think Abbie is an animal. She is a human being, and should be afforded all respect that entails. I DO however think( comes from watching my daughter/grandson,cousins,etc who deal w autism/aspergers/IDD/ etc.) that there are areas the parents are letting go (more now) just to have a vlog/video/ to put forth.
I do agree w so many here who have stated that maybe Abbies world has become so much more chaotic w all of the people in and out,the many many trips,etc. that could be but one reason for her regressing behavior(s).

I am also a bit appalled that P has become so complacent w A taking a good deal of responsibility/control w Abbie and uses the excuse that he is just better at it!( or words to that affect). I get it’s tiring,I get it can wear one down,I get it may never be better tomorrow than it is today,but that is the job you signed on for when you chose to have children( with/without challenges).
Trying to make said child into something you wish them to be when they are NOT up to that challenge is unfair to not just that child,but all around her. She is NOT a typical teenage girl. She is from what I have garnered,a young child trapped in the body of a teenage girl. She is NOT into the makeup,the nails,etc. ( Maybe do something about her hair always in her eyes would be a good idea).
The rough housing should be curtailed. The loud music maybe replaced by softer tunes to keep her calmed down. Add more pool time.
the one act I do see Abbie relish more and more is when they ask her to say goodbye to the camera and she,without prompt,waves and is quick with “ending” the video. Maybe take that as a small cue that she isn’t enjoying the constant screen time.
Very good, on point!

Vlog Summary: Autism School Fun, February 23rd 2020
  • Thumbnail -->“Autism School Festival”
  • Ass takes Maverick for a full grooming at Doggy Daycare
  • P’s driving to school. Playing Truth Hurts by Lizzo as her “Morning Song” in the car.
  • Ab is dressed to represent the country Columbia in the school festival, rips off the hat and runs around yelling and swaying in a spaghetti strap white dress.
  • Festival has stations for different countries, they take Ab around but she’s clearly done.
  • Lots of filming of other kids at the school while Ab flails and stims
  • “World of Nations” is the theme, last year it was cities. Claim Ab learned about the country.
  • P’s blog filming cutting carrots and potatoes from HelloFresh – sponsored.
  • Summer watches.
  • P claims she didn’t eat much at the festival because she didn’t know what would agree with her.
  • Dog toy, food, and treat shopping. Trying to get Maverick to pick a toy, goes far more successfully than Ab’s attempts
  • Dogs playing with new toys, Ab gets the heck outta there, giving up the couch corner, then returns to rock
  • Switching dogs to grain free diets and took out the rug in the living room
  • Cart ride, Ass drives that, back at the dog park with the grandpa and Isaiah riding the onewheel around
  • Debating Ab staying with Isaiah at the house tonight versus going out with Kaitlyn? And Ass comes too, Summer apparently does have friends and is going out with them.
  • Isaiah asks Ass to stay, then suggests Ass stays and Isaiah can go out, this is all just painfully boring, and Ab yells on the couch apparently channeling my annoyance with this whole conversation.
  • Ass says he wants to be the best for everyone…well except his other biological child.
  • Ab runs upstairs laughing/gasping, Ass turns the lights on in her room
  • Puppy still harassing Mav, chases him around the house.
  • Puppy barks but is not corrected even though they say this isn’t a place to bark
  • Kaitlyn? On couch with Ab, talking about how funny it was Ab and her kid both yelled at the restaurant together (ok so this is the little guy Kaidele’s mom?)
  • P tells Ab she loves her, Ab kicks her when she asks for a kiss
  • More zoom in shots of Ab’s face.
  • Outake --> Isaiah falling off onewheel
Can someone explain to me why the 18 year old has to stay home to babysit his sister while the two paid respite workers can go out and A&P can go out? Shouldn't taking care of the kid be the responsibility of A) the parents or B) the people paid to do it in case said parents can't (or in this case won't)? Isaiah isn't even trusted to make his own decisions about leaving the house and has to notify his parents (because of all the spy tech) before he does, but is trusted to take care of his sisters every need? Which i'm guessing included changing her, taking her to the bathroom, putting her in bed, brushing her teeth etc.

Maybe the 40 going on 15 year old parents should stop treating their son as a free special needs baby sitting service!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

My dogs vet told us no to grain free. It’s typically filled with chemicals. There’s many better options that have high protein.
Definitely dogs are omnivores not carnivores. And they are opportunistic eaters. I think Maverick might do better with a cleaner dog food less chemicals because of his allergies.

Was there a
Can someone explain to me why the 18 year old has to stay home to babysit his sister while the two paid respite workers can go out and A&P can go out? Shouldn't taking care of the kid be the responsibility of A) the parents or B) the people paid to do it in case said parents can't (or in this case won't)? Isaiah isn't even trusted to make his own decisions about leaving the house and has to notify his parents (because of all the spy tech) before he does, but is trusted to take care of his sisters every need? Which i'm guessing included changing her, taking her to the bathroom, putting her in bed, brushing her teeth etc.

Maybe the 40 going on 15 year old parents should stop treating their son as a free special needs baby sitting service!

Was there a video on them crashing the kids party? Or just them talking about it?

while I don't think either Summer or Becca should be automatically expected to spend their friday nights with Abbie (though of course they should be paid if so), it does seem so weird to me that they use respite care to pick her up from school when they both work from home, but not for when they want to go out. I would think they would want to save their paid respite care for those moments when they actually need respite, and ask Isaiah to help in the less high-pressure moments.

Reactions: 12
Guys, watch this older vid when Abbie was 13, I just came across it, I never saw it...omg just watch!

Wow! P needs to grow the hell up and stop trying to fit in as one of the “cool” kids!
Her and her pal really should have gone about their own business and let the kids enjoy their time being kids w friends of their own.
While A may have looked miserable being there,he is a grown arse man who seems to be very vocal about all other things,so he could have stayed home,let P have her nite out,and spend time w his son/daughter!
I do hope that their son will learn to love living an independent life away from the cameras etc. Hopefully he will grow and realize that one does NOT have to be attached at the proverbial hip to show love for family.
And while it is evident he loves his sister,he is also a young man,who should be out w friends on weekends,not home babysitting. Seemed he was sort of backed into a corner by P & A on that. She was already in her coat and ready to go.
Maybe Isaiah just wanted to chill. Crazy they have two respite workers, one who lives with them and the other who stays late when they need her too and they still felt the need to go out when they weren’t available to watch Abbie.

And yeah why couldn’t Asa stay home? If they were drinking, he could have picked them up after.

Priscilla probably felt left out and just had to go out too. I wonder whose idea it was to crash the party. One of them should have put their foot down and said ok this is not a good idea.

Reactions: 8
Maybe Isaiah just wanted to chill. Crazy they have two respite workers, one who lives with them and the other who stays late when they need her too and they still felt the need to go out when they weren’t available to watch Abbie.

And yeah why couldn’t Asa stay home? If they were drinking, he could have picked them up after.

Priscilla probably felt left out and just had to go out too. I wonder whose idea it was to crash the party. One of them should have put their foot down and said ok this is not a good idea.
Healthy boundaries are NOT a thing in the #Ma'assSquad (apostrophe cuz I like to pronounce it like My-Ass)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Healthy boundaries are NOT a thing in the #Ma'assSquad (apostrophe cuz I like to pronounce it like My-Ass)
yeah I think Isaiah is a sweet enough kid that he doesn't either doesn't realize, or more likely, doesn't mind how casually they place this expectation on him. it's been said a hundred times in these threads before but for his sake, I can't wait for him to go to school and get some distance and independence.

Reactions: 9

To be fair, Becca and Summer should be able to have lives too. It’s not unheard of to have siblings babysit one another. Whether they have ASD or not. I’ve got a sister with autism and I’ve been babysitting her since I was 15. Some kids (or adults in Isaiah’s case) are just responsible like that.

This forum has turned into a mess! It used to be critical but also familiar names and ‘banter’ now it’s chaos! (My opinion only free speech and all that!)
We have people who are self diagnosing then people who are diagnosed who again only know their story not of that world as a whole. people who are here under false pretences and just random multiple accounts! Honestly it makes hard reading! ‘Scooter squad’ days/threads were much more entertaining!
I got here since almost at the end of thread #4 because of the boohoo video and I am not part of any kind of squad. I see how that can be disruptive to the original group dynamic and I respect that.

I can honestly say this is my only account (no idea how someone can keep up with more than one?) and I'll make sure to post only one comment per day, if necessary. I'm more of a listener (reader in this case) than a talker, so I'll just react to posts from now on. Thank you to all the original members of this group (Scooter squad?) for spreading real awareness! Please don't stop, I love reading y'all. :)

Good night, everyone.

Reactions: 9
Reading through all the posts, and the description of the new videos, I wonder so many things. How is it possible to make *that* much money from these videos? And what are they teaching their son about the value of work? It's not clear to me how much actual work he sees them doing. Are they really spending that many hours editing videos? And with regard to the young adult respite workers/family friends (seems lines are blurred)--to me this is another reason that an actual work environment is valuable for adults. They seem to have no (or few?) adults of their own to spend time with, and apparently think it is normal to find their young adult care workers out with friends and celebrating birthdays? I'd never dream of dropping in on my sitter's dinners or drinks out with friends. Boundaries. idk, maybe I'm showing my age here! (mid-40s, old enough to remember life before FB and YT)

Reactions: 7
I can honestly say this is my only account (no idea how someone can keep up with more than one?)
Same. I don't have the mental energy to keep track of more than one account here. Dunno who is doing that, but I guess people can report the people they suspect and admins can investigate.

I would also like to point out that as an autistic person, I would never claim to know everything about every autistic person. But we do have an insight into sensory difficulties, stimming and such. It's a natural observance and something we can identify with, even if we don't have associated intellectual disorders. By the same token, you could argue that neurotpyical parents don't have the same insight as we do. I appreciate all perspectives, including that of parents/carers.

If I became Deaf one day, I would ask a community of Deaf people for tips about navigating the world, not their carers. It's only natural that autistic people will be viewing and have opinions on Fathering AUTISM no?

Additionally, since the "drama" has been exposed on FA, it's going to cause an increase in interest on forums like this. That can only be a good thing. There will be a rush of "omg he has another kid, and omg he hasn't been paying child support", that's gunna happen on gossip sites, it's a big thing. Not everyone cares about that, that's ok, but many do. It will die down over time. If every comment on here was solely about Abbie and her being exploited, these threads would die down.. why? because Abbie isn't the main focus anymore, they are now lifestyle vloggers, not autism vloggers. The change in discussion is also due to this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm a little confused by the complaint--are people upset that new people have joined this thread? Why?
I dunno, it's only 2 or 3 people say this though. It's a bit odd tbh. I would've thought increased interest would be seen as a positive sign. This thread is one of the first results on google for me when searching anything on FA, so people will come here first before the more obscure sites.
It screams very much "I was here first!" It's just whiny and I don't want to spend too much longer on these people it's distracting from the actual topic of FA.

Reactions: 18
I dunno, it's only 2 or 3 people say this though. It's a bit odd tbh. I would've thought increased interest would be seen as a positive sign. This thread is one of the first results on google for me when searching anything on FA, so people will come here first before the more obscure sites.
It screams very much "I was here first!" It's just whiny and I don't want to spend too much longer on these people it's distracting from the actual topic of FA.
I’m glad more ppl have found this site & are sharing their stories & opinions. Maybe I missed a post?, but don’t really understand your “here 1st & whiny” comment. There was a flow to the comments for a long time & then the court records switched the focus, but that’s ok, I can understand why it became a thing. I don’t really get into all of that. My confusion comes from why youtube allows family channels, because it’s child exploitation. And until changes are made, I check i sporadically here & in a cpl other groups to see if there are any changes happening. I’m so glad YT got rid of comments on kid’s channels & SBSK. Even FA had lost their comments for a day sometime last year? I’m optimistic that YT will do a better job at demonetizing family ch one day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
It was me who said it. It’s because some of the new members IMO were saying some weird things about Abbie....that she isn’t deserving of love because she’s IDD, it was said twice the boat workers didn’t want her on the boat when that isn’t true. It seems these threads werent like that, it was mostly about her parents being schemers and exploiting her, then is shifted to talking about Abbie negatively.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
People have already brought up the pinching. But, isn't it obvious that a good portion of Abbie's extreme aggression comes from everyone encouraging her to "play wrestle" with Isaiah all the time. There is no way for Abbie to distinguish play wrestling from real fighting. She must be so confused about why sometimes she gets cheered for fighting and other times she gets punished. Of course, Abbie's aggression is not from that but it may play a huge role.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.