Fathering Autism #42 Life jackets are for dogs. These parents are self absorbed hogs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nicky from nickytv was nonverbal until 13 I think they said.
i really enjoy watching “Cody Speaks” on FB. Cody is autistic and he recently started communicating single words. He was non verbal up to this point. I think he’s 17-18 (?) His family is very in tune to his needs and the entire family participates in his care. The Maass family could learn from “Cody Speaks”. It’s a true success story.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
"We should be spending quality time with Isaiah and focusing on family with only days before he heads off to college. Instead we have to deal with this crap. So yeah, I'm smug and I'm angry. I'm allowed to be. I don't have the privilege of seeing things from the outside looking in. There have been multiple accusations made against all members of my family at this point. After this video was made these same people have been coming after Isaiah. The comment has even been made that with him going to school to be a therapist they want to spread that he used the "R" word in reference to his sister. Complete trash people and anyone associated with them is the same. I stand by what I said. At the time of writing this it is the last day before Isaiah leaves for college and he is giving his time to record a virtual talent show for a special needs summer camp. More to come in the next vlog as things escalate. I'm sorry for the negative crap but we share our lives and this is currently part of our life. As YouTubers I fully expected to receive criticism and some haters. Not everyone is going to like us and that's fine. Never in a million years did I think we would be accused of abuse, neglect, exploitation, and to see our family face these kinds of things. It's beyond ridiculous. Karma is rough."

the description on the vlog. im going to guess he thinks we trash people did it
Yep....Karma is rough. And A&P deserve so much. They are not good people. I cannot stand their smug act of holier-than-thou.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Why? It would mean he can't comment, but also mean that other people can't either...
oh, they’re commenting! Hundreds of the lovers are beating her ruthlessly. I hate this stuff, all the meanness, the hypocrisy, the lies. I want my simple Tattle back!!

Reactions: 4
Yes its so complicated. We have two issues: The Maass' and Autism. There are people who want to see A&P humbled, and the people focused on Autism and Abbie. The problem with MD's vlogs were (in my opinion) all the lines blurred. Everything was amplified but to the extreme.
I was on board with the first MD vlog. After that I basically jumped ship. It didnt seem that much thought was put into them but she kept cranking them out.
I also cannot subscribe to the theory that someone with Autism can "say" how another with Autism feels. No one is the same. Period.
Idk. I am ready for this to blow over and resume regular programming. 🤷‍♀️
I didn't watch the first video MD did on FA. The video was an hour and forty minutes long with no timestamps designating certain topics etc. There is no way I was going to just sit through her rambling on for that long.

I agree with the two issues w/ MD's videos. She was characterizing the abuse w. Abbie as far more severe than it actually is. It was very much amplified, as you said. To me, it gave the impression of torturous interrogation techniques used on foreign spies or something. To be clear, I agree that Abbie is not treated very well, that she's ignored, dismissed, even disrespected when they 'playfully' call her names or when Asa shows Abbie in an unflattering light on the video and much more. But it's not the 'evil' torturous abuse that MD is saying it is.

I also don't agree with MD's assertion that because she is autistic, she knows exactly how Abbie feels. I have Major Depressive Disorder, and while there are common traits among ppl who have it, I can't say that I know exactly how another person with M.D.D. feels or reacts/responds to things. It would be different if MD made the distinction that in a particular situation, this is what would bother her and why and leave it at that. But she's asserting that Abbie feels the same way.
I'm not a medical professional but based on the info I know about autism, MD seems to be on the "higher functioning" end of the spectrum. I know some ppl don't like that term but I can't think of anything else at the moment, I apologize. Abbie has a significant intellectual deficit or disability and her level of autism appears to be on the lower functioning/high needs end of the spectrum. Hell, I'm sure even individuals who are at the same level as Abbie don't necessarily have the same triggers, habits etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I also found it off/off-putting that Asa said Isaiah is never coming back - "that's the goal." Does he... realize the world we live in? I mean. I mean he's got a few years yet but the economy is gonna take a while to recover. Unless they boot him off into the military like Asa was he may very well end up needing to be back home, why already set the stage for making that a shameful thing?
I think Asshat is ignorant/oblivious to a lot of things. Princess P didn't see anything wrong with ignoring physical distancing etc when she went on her little trip and they've been having the grandparents over to visit plenty of times. They just don't think it will happen to them.
Even if Isaiah were to be officially moving out and never coming back to live with them, it's not like they'd never see him or speak to him again. That is what ppl are commenting on w. Priscilla making such a huge fuss over this. She acts like she'll never see him again or have any contact. He's going to move out and be erased from existence within the family.
I agree that there is a good chance he'll be at home a lot more than they thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
You have a large and fun group can't you get everything delivered?
Probably but I have to haul my butt off the corner sometimes 😅
Otherwise I'll be like 🐷 embedded under the blanket 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
You're welcome to join us but be warned, we may corrupt you🤔🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The way Assa made it sound, this woman was buddying up to them, laughing, joking, praising them for being great parents and basically acting like her mind was already made up.
Of course we know Assa has been known to lie but if he was being truthful about their interaction, and her mind was already made up, that's totally fuked up.
I gotta wonder if her mind got clouded by all the privledge that surrounded her inside that house. If she got the same call with the same allegations that took her to a tiny apartment on the "other side of town", would she have acted the same way?
Just wondering.
I was thinking the exact same thing.
GMTA

• Heart
Reactions: 8
As I stated prior, never thought this MD had much of a chance & couldn’t understand how she was getting away w/ some of what she was doing, like making a thumbnail stating the word ABUSE of Abbie. My exact words were that she was grabbing for straws. However, I do hear Isa. calling Ab the R word. And I’ve always said that it’s ridiculous to report the too many child exploiter you tubers. That’s not what CPS is for!

Greyson’s (Aspie Me) video was interesting. Thanks to the person who shared. Seems like a nice kid. Sounds to me like the Autism Speaks camp is against FA? Or maybe I have it confused. I think someone in that camp or whoever opposes ABA are/were the ones to report them.
Yeah the autistic community hates ABA and hates how FA and Asshat promotes it
And LOL, the idea of an A$ (Autism $peaks) supporter hating FA! haha! NO, FA uses lots of puzzle pieces, which A$ uses, which is yet another thing virtually all of the autistic community hates (the infinity symbol is preferred instead :) )

I really need to get back to my work, so does any one have a recommendation for a genuine family that has a non verbal autistic teenage child that I can utilise for my research? I will be studying their kinesics, so I need a family that doesn't repulse me like the Maassives do. There will also be an anonymous monetary donation that I will be leaving them, so I also need a deserving family. This recommendation was terrible!!
I mean, there are heaps of awesome non speaking activists :) Like Amy Sequenzia, Ido Kedar, Carly Fleischman (but she's been MIA for ages though..) There's the #ActuallyAutistic community on Twitter, they share lots of resources and post lots of helpful info so you could try searching there (you can do so on safari or on your desktop without an account btw)
Maybe that could give you some more resources? :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Prigly. FFS...get a grip.
Stop bawling every time you talk about Isaiah going to college.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I can't believe them bitching about the CPS call. Sure, it was inappropriate of someone to make a report. But why the duck would you advertise it? I would be so embarrassed if I were them. To me, they just came across as arrogant POS. "LOOK AT ALL OUR AWARDS!!!!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Shame or embarassment are things that don't exist in their heads.

Reactions: 16
I’ve never posted so much, I must be talkative tonight. Anyway, I wanted to point out that P said “It just makes you look foolish”. But I want to say that not utilizing a life vest on the boat is HUGELY foolish! That is a case of life or death which is more impacting than words. And the pool thing is pretty scary to me also. Pools are great but if you have little ones at home your diligence has to be 1000% or regret will be yours at some point. That’s just damn foolish

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’ve never posted so much, I must be talkative tonight. Anyway, I wanted to point out that P said “It just makes you look foolish”. But I want to say that not utilizing a life vest on the boat is HUGELY foolish! That is a case of life or death which is more impacting than words. And the pool thing is pretty scary to me also. Pools are great but if you have little ones at home your diligence has to be 1000% or regret will be yours at some point. That’s just damn foolish
I mean seeing some of the lives and videos she has done she knows what foolish looks like.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I can't believe them bitching about the CPS call. Sure, it was inappropriate of someone to make a report. But why the duck would you advertise it? I would be so embarrassed if I were them. To me, they just came across as arrogant POS. "LOOK AT ALL OUR AWARDS!!!!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Whew! Thank God Asssssa told CPS he got a WEGO award. That was the one that saved them.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yea... its painful when he gets all smug and self righteous.. no one should call cps on them... but he is far from being an "awesome parent"
He sounds like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum. Grow up, dude.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
If you
I really need to get back to my work, so does any one have a recommendation for a genuine family that has a non verbal autistic teenage child that I can utilise for my research? I will be studying their kinesics, so I need a family that doesn't repulse me like the Maassives do. There will also be an anonymous monetary donation that I will be leaving them, so I also need a deserving family. This recommendation was terrible!!
if you go to @codyspeaks on facebook, they host families with children that are ASD on a weekly basis. Cody was non verbal until he started speaking at 9 years. His family’s approach is the polar opposite of the maass’ and there are plenty more families to view as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I didn't watch the first video MD did on FA. The video was an hour and forty minutes long with no timestamps designating certain topics etc. There is no way I was going to just sit through her rambling on for that long.

I agree with the two issues w/ MD's videos. She was characterizing the abuse w. Abbie as far more severe than it actually is. It was very much amplified, as you said. To me, it gave the impression of torturous interrogation techniques used on foreign spies or something. To be clear, I agree that Abbie is not treated very well, that she's ignored, dismissed, even disrespected when they 'playfully' call her names or when Asa shows Abbie in an unflattering light on the video and much more. But it's not the 'evil' torturous abuse that MD is saying it is.

I also don't agree with MD's assertion that because she is autistic, she knows exactly how Abbie feels. I have Major Depressive Disorder, and while there are common traits among ppl who have it, I can't say that I know exactly how another person with M.D.D. feels or reacts/responds to things. It would be different if MD made the distinction that in a particular situation, this is what would bother her and why and leave it at that. But she's asserting that Abbie feels the same way.
I'm not a medical professional but based on the info I know about autism, MD seems to be on the "higher functioning" end of the spectrum. I know some ppl don't like that term but I can't think of anything else at the moment, I apologize. Abbie has a significant intellectual deficit or disability and her level of autism appears to be on the lower functioning/high needs end of the spectrum. Hell, I'm sure even individuals who are at the same level as Abbie don't necessarily have the same triggers, habits etc.
It was so odd when I was watching her stop the video and explain how Abbie felt my stomach did that little skip bc I was seeing something I didn’t even see the first time around...amazing how up it can be seen in two completely different ways...which one is the right one, I have no idea

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.