Fathering Autism #42 Life jackets are for dogs. These parents are self absorbed hogs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is what I was afraid of from the get go. A pissing contest between two parties that ends with them crying bullying in the end.
I already voiced my opinion that I thought that this rapid succession of opinion pieces wasn't that helpful. It just delivered ammunition to vilify critics. You need proof. Why do people think Asa didn't send his leghumpers over here and didn't even mention this site in the last vlog. Every lie is archived and dissected here. He can't have his leghumpers see it, because they might see something that hurts his narrative.
Yes its so complicated. We have two issues: The Maass' and Autism. There are people who want to see A&P humbled, and the people focused on Autism and Abbie. The problem with MD's vlogs were (in my opinion) all the lines blurred. Everything was amplified but to the extreme.
I was on board with the first MD vlog. After that I basically jumped ship. It didnt seem that much thought was put into them but she kept cranking them out.
I also cannot subscribe to the theory that someone with Autism can "say" how another with Autism feels. No one is the same. Period.
Idk. I am ready for this to blow over and resume regular programming. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Okay, is it just me or is the timeline wonky here? The date of the vlog was the 4th August 2020 (shown in the beginning of the vlog)so last tuesday and in broad daylight. MDs video about the nosebleed was uploaded on Sunday evening ( if i looked correctly, the first mention here on tattle was sunday evening (monday morning, central european time). I don't know, how fast CPS in the US moves, but two days (or one day since no one could reach them on weekends, I assume) seems incredibly fast. I did call CPS twice in the last three years and not once did they actually do anything in just one day.
That is true, things happened awfully quick..

Reactions: 2
I really need to get back to my work, so does any one have a recommendation for a genuine family that has a non verbal autistic teenage child that I can utilise for my research? I will be studying their kinesics, so I need a family that doesn't repulse me like the Maassives do. There will also be an anonymous monetary donation that I will be leaving them, so I also need a deserving family. This recommendation was terrible!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just came home a while ago and catching up. I'm only half way through tonight's Vlog. I bet whoever called, if they called came from MD's channel. We gossip here but I don't think anyone here called them. I have to watch the rest of the Vlog and see what all happened there.

Reactions: 9
Yes its so complicated. We have two issues: The Maass' and Autism. There are people who want to see A&P humbled, and the people focused on Autism and Abbie. The problem with MD's vlogs were (in my opinion) all the lines blurred. Everything was amplified but to the extreme.
I was on board with the first MD vlog. After that I basically jumped ship. It didnt seem that much thought was put into them but she kept cranking them out.
I also cannot subscribe to the theory that someone with Autism can "say" how another with Autism feels. No one is the same. Period.
Completely agree but I didn’t even get in, on her first vlog because she just rambled so flipping much. I just couldn’t watch it all... It was like my oldest was reciting a bad video... She was trying but she put her own spin on things and then made the critical mistake that some do, thinking that what they feel and experience, is what all children/teens/adults feel, that have Autism.
I just couldn’t support her. I could give her points to look into but that was it..

Reactions: 6
I honestly haven't watch any MD videos. I just can't sit and listen to somebody drone on about things. So I can't give any opinions on it. Did just seem like they were pumped out opinion pieces.

Listening to Ass go on about awards (literally meaningless since it was all through the followers and not like dome grand thing) and how great they all are. Being humble goes a long way. No one is perfect.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Did anyone else notice (this is my first time seeing Asshat do this) when Asshat asked if Abbie wanted a snack and she shook her head, NO? Asshat said, then you won't get a snack and the scene was cut. I wonder if he did that because he is finally respecting her communication, or when he cut the vlog he asked her again and then got her a snack?!? Fuckin Asshat.

• Heart
I don't know the answer to this question. Do families get notified before a visit? Is there any way that they knew a worker was coming. Thus a showered and well-tended to Abbie when the worker arrived?

Reactions: 6
I really need to get back to my work, so does any one have a recommendation for a genuine family that has a non verbal autistic teenage child that I can utilise for my research? I will be studying their kinesics, so I need a family that doesn't repulse me like the Maassives do. There will also be an anonymous monetary donation that I will be leaving them, so I also need a deserving family. This recommendation was terrible!!
I don't know any nonverbal. Only autism vlogs I watch is nickytv (the savocas) and rebranding autism (jen M.) Neither involve nonverbal.

I don't know the answer to this question. Do families get notified before a visit? Is there any way that they knew a worker was coming. Thus a showered and well-tended to Abbie when the worker arrived?
That is hard to say. They can just come by or call first here. Really depends.

Reactions: 4
I'm disgusted by the CPS call. And the thing is, some of the complaints in the report had to have been pretty harsh. The bulk of reports are not even accepted, and no investigation even starts. I have been a mandated reporter for over 16 years and frankly there are times I have been dismissed and situations had to worsen to get CPS's attention. And I work with high risk indivduals...the transient, homeless and addicted. So in my opinion the report had to be very descriptive. And we know it was based off the face washing/spa tit since P flat out said "people made a video and stopped and started it" or something of that nature.
Another
Asshat keeps saying, "all the things" lol! Are other people beside MD making videos? Asshat said something about the complaint to CPS being that she is made to sweep!?! Wtf...This family is tit, but calling CPS is fucked. Also, I ask about other videos because he mentions sweeping and his address being given out in comments. Usually, someone on here would cattle or post that some idiot posted their address.
I think he's making it up to rile up his fans.

Reactions: 11
Yes, they are that close they can’t wait to use his room as a guest room. Like you my boys’ bedrooms were left as they were until they left home permanently. Just an aside, my son came up just before Christmas last year and I put his old ninja turtle bedding on for a bit of fun. He’s 35 by the way.
My oldest is just starting high school so I am not there yet. But until they permanently leave the house, his and his younger brother’s room is theirs. Sure guests can stay in C or T’s room, but it is theirs until no longer needed.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't know any nonverbal. Only autism vlogs I watch is nickytv (the savocas) and rebranding autism (jen M.) Neither involve nonverbal.

That is hard to say. They can just come by or call first here. Really depends.
If they are now non verbal autistic teenagers, they may have developed some form of vocalised communication through therapy or medical treatment they have had in their earlier years. So they may be able to vocalise words like yes, no, ok, happy etc

Reactions: 2
Sixblindkids have 2 non verbal autistic teens
One is a musical savant in terms of having perfect pitch

• Heart
When the worker that came out to me, many, many years ago, they did call first... She wanted to make sure that I was home but didn’t give me like but 15 minutes before showing up. So, it was more of a “we don’t want to run everywhere, trying to find you but we aren’t giving you time to clean up your whole house.” She came to the door, talked to me while I held my child and left within 5 minutes. No other report was done.
I did have a medical provider call and did a phone report but it was literally a phone call, we had disagreed on treatments and the lady told me, there was no need for her to even come out and closed our case immediately.. She stated that a doctor cannot file a neglect charge, just because a parent decides not to go along with their treatment protocol...
Completely forgot about the second one, as it was just a one day, we left the office, the doctor called DSS, then I got a phone call 2 hours later.. The first case, the report sat on the desk for 2 weeks, before they sent someone out to investigate. It was stupid and the case worker didn’t even want to be there. Told me so and left as soon as she seen my child was fine and the medical records book...

Reactions: 5
I agree. I came here to make fun of them. I never wanted a crusade or to be part of an army. They started to unravel already without content and a handful of relentless commenters. I also didn't want to keep it about autism, but Pritchys little pyramid scam or their piss poor covid reaction. Autism was a part of it (and admittedly the only thing I know anything about.)
I did agree with the first video. I liked the fact that there was an open comment section without Asa meddling. The other videos....eh. They were pumped out too quickly and had an aura of self-righteousness and I found that some claims were a bit hard to believe. I also thought that it fundamentally changed the atmosphere here. That's why I took a little break.
I got really turned off by this whole "I know how someone else with autism feels. No, just no. Autism isn't everything, It doesn't define who I am and there is almost as much variation between people with autism as there is between people without.
Sorry to bother you about this again. Back to the usual broadcast.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh and Asa, in going into so much detail about the things being said against you, listing off all the good things you've done, the charities you've donated to, the awards you've received, saying how you'll take the word of those people over us "haters"...
Doing all of that and getting so riled up about it... just shows how much you actually DO care about what the "garbage can people" say and what they think of you... ;) It's very clear the "haters" have gotten to you despite you trying to claim otherwise.

It's pretty amusing, actually...... ;)
But, carry on. Keep showing us just how much you DON'T care about what we say... lol

View attachment 204226

Awe...Silly Assa...Tattlers are Truthful trash people.....That must be a hard word for you to understand..TRUTH.🙁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Well, they did say they'll be keeping a lot of his stuff in there like his cameras etc. Asshat said something about an 'Isaiah-themed guest room.'
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I also found it off/off-putting that Asa said Isaiah is never coming back - "that's the goal." Does he... realize the world we live in? I mean. I mean he's got a few years yet but the economy is gonna take a while to recover. Unless they boot him off into the military like Asa was he may very well end up needing to be back home, why already set the stage for making that a shameful thing?

Reactions: 20
Yes, they are that close they can’t wait to use his room as a guest room. Like you my boys’ bedrooms were left as they were until they left home permanently. Just an aside, my son came up just before Christmas last year and I put his old ninja turtle bedding on for a bit of fun. He’s 35 by the way.
See, I will be the same way! Someone can go sleep in my kid’s room but it will still be their room. I don’t care if they are married, have a spouse and kids of their own. They will always be welcomed back with open arms and allowed to sleep in their rooms. They will always know that there is a bed and place for them to lay their heads, when life gets to overwhelming. I am hoping there is never a day that I have to kick them out but I want them to fly and understand that there will be a place for them...
I never had that growing up and it causes me a lot of anxiety for when we moved, that we would be homeless or not have a place to lay our heads or the kid’s heads at night.. When you buy or sale a home, closings can get pushed out, or someone backs out the last minute... When you rent, you never know what can happen... So, anxiety is huge, when you don’t know if you will have a place to call home, when you transition..

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hey Kermy, this is all getting a bit heavy, do you fancy heading over to the couch for a couple of drinks, you bring the snacks 😂😂😂
Be right over
A friend of mine owns a winery and she just sent me a few bottles😉🍷🍷🍹🍺
Of course I have other libations

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Nope, it’s a complete surprise that’s why I said why was Abbie showered and dressed today if they weren’t going anywhere.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.