Fathering Autism #38 Scamlife retreat, learning new lies, 20lbs added to Tinkerhog's Thighs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched the vlog and feel like I have many questions. I did notice the different sounds she was making while he was upstairs talking to the camera. I also noticed that she was running around wilder than usual. Is this a part of what we don’t usually see? For a moment I thought that she was acting that way just being happy cause Priscilla isn’t home. I thought this cause I guess they don’t get along to well. But I feel like that is too reaching. Asa and Isaiah were acting as though it was normal so I don’t know. How would I know anyway? What were the new words that they taught her? I was thinking Burger King would come up, but I didn’t hear it lol. I’ll have to give this one a rewatch.

Reactions: 9

Not sure who asked. But Abbie can be seen and heard doing the same stim briefly in this old vlog at 2:34
I have heard her do it many times before too. But this was the first vlog that came to mind😉

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I'm glad you decided to stick around! I enjoy reading your posts. 😊❤

From my understanding, many autistic individuals don't like the puzzle piece symbol because of the negative connotations that it can have or that it can represent.
Such as:
- Confusion and mystery
- A problem that needs to be solved
- That autism is just a childhood disorder
- That there is something missing from an autistic individual

I can see why autistic individuals would have a problem with it based on reasons like that. I know I wouldn't like being told that having certain conditions like autism means that I am a problem that needs to be fixed, that there is something wrong with me or that I am lacking just because of how my brain is wired.

I'm sure our autistic members on here can share their feelings on it as well and probably express it much better than I can.
I don't like the puzzle piece because that is " Autisim Speaks " logo . I and many other parents and people who are autistic disregard the idea that the person needs to be fixed , they are broken . " Autisim Speaks " is a big pity party . The " Infinity "sign I like because it represents acceptence .

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She will do herself serious injury. Abbie is far too close to hard surfaces when she rocks and sways.
Another reason for her to wear the life jacket on the boat. She’ll rock herself right out of that boat. I don’t care if they wear a jacket or not, but she should. If she were chronologically a toddler she would have to wear it...she is a toddler in a teenage body. It’s not going to hurt anything for them to bite the bullet and insist she wear it.

Reactions: 16
I don't like the puzzle piece because that is " Autisim Speaks " logo . I and many other parents and people who are autistic disregard the idea that the person needs to be fixed , they are broken . " Autisim Speaks " is a big pity party . The " Infinity "sign I like because it represents acceptence .
Georgiegirl1957 please forgive me.....I am usually not that person who is the spelling/grammar police. It is Autism with 1 i. Please don't be offended as I really don't even know why it bothers me. Little things seem larger these days...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Abbie was a bit out of control there for a few...poor Maverick. 😕

Nala was so confused, she gave Abbie laser eyes as she zoomed up the stairs past her!!! 🤷‍♀️ 😂😂😂

Screenshot (1522).png

Screenshot (1521).png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Not sure who asked. But Abbie can be seen and heard doing the same stim briefly in this old vlog at 2:34
I have heard her do it many times before too. But this was the first vlog that came to mind😉
I just dont hear that. Not necessarily disagreeing but to me that is not the sound she was making on this vlog. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I liked tonight's vlog, only because P wasn't in it. I think they should all be that way.

As far as Abbies ipad...nothing like waiting until shes 15 to add more than just food items. Imagine what she could be like had they started earlier.

Assa talking about not doing more and teaching Isaiah stuff, asked himself if he had any regrets, he says no. Really!!?? No regrets for running out on him and his mother when he was a baby and then turning him into a caregiver? Ok ASSA!...sad!

Discussion about tires for Isaiah's vehicle before he leaves for school. Isaiah say something about P buying him some fancy vehicle. They joke lightly about it. How much you want to bet Abbie buys him a new car/truck?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I just dont hear that. Not necessarily disagreeing but to me that is not the sound she was making on this vlog. 🤷‍♀️
I’ve def heard it before. I can’t remember which vlog but it was in the old house she came downstairs before breakfast sat on the couch with the blanket over her head and was making that sound.

Reactions: 1

Ahh back in the day when they were sorta like real people 😊😜 (Sorry, I’m a little bit tipsy...took a drink every time Cilla said “I hate the dentist”)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Hi guys, changed my mind, I’m back. Had a little something going on and I decided I wanted to step away but I love this forum and you lovely people.

Would someone explain about the dislike of the puzzle piece please.
Welcome Back!!! Our forum is less bright when you aren’t here🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Nala was so confused, she gave Abbie laser eyes as she zoomed up the stairs past her!!! 🤷‍♀️ 😂😂😂

View attachment 192535

View attachment 192534

Get em Nala!! LOL

Now...these still shots are very interesting when you look at the position of her body. She is supposedly "uncertain" on her feet and has difficulty with grounding. Clearly, she is not having issues right now. Not only is she forcefully moving her body without hesitation she is also spatially aware...she never falls, hits anything, knocks anything over. Just like when she rocks. She never hits her head. She has control when she wants it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh dear lord...what a boring vlog. I made it thru but I kept checking the time to see how much longer.
I dont need a heartfelt talk from Asssa about his relationships with his kids because it makes me sick when i think about his other kid out there who he doesnt even acknowledge exists.
And holy cow...when hes making a sandwich and feels the need to tell us his choices for mustard and mayonnaise...well..I just about lost it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Georgiegirl1957 please forgive me.....I am usually not that person who is the spelling/grammar police. It is Autism with 1 i. Please don't be offended as I really don't even know why it bothers me. Little things seem larger these days...
It's all good , I'm sorry . I'm a little tired today . working this morning on my farm . thank you for the correction .

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Its always been theory that Asa was abusive, or she saw the potential for abuse. And remember abuse doesnt just mean physically obviously. I think she saw Asas need for control and power. I think he was also off his nut at that point in time. He had left his marriage, Coast Guard career ended and we have never really heard a reason why, he was also on his burglary spree them too....he wasnt all that. This woman wasnt madly in love like P was and said screw it. And I believe with every inch of my being that the ONLY reason he went back to P was because this woman dumped him, and he had no place to go. For all his big talk Asa needs someone taking care of him. Someone to handle everyday life like finances and housing so he can do the things that make him happy and be himself....like quitting jobs without worry of starving, bucking authority and being a hotshot. He can only do that with someone backing him....and he knew P would take him back and she did.
I agree. Assssa is actually a very insecure man. He talks big and buys stuff. That's about it.

View attachment 192535

View attachment 192534
I thought she was gonna take out the TV

• Haha
  • Wow
Oh dear lord...what a boring vlog. I made it thru but I kept checking the time to see how much longer.
I dont need a heartfelt talk from Asssa about his relationships with his kids because it makes me sick when i think about his other kid out there who he doesnt even acknowledge exists.
And holy cow...when hes making a sandwich and feels the need to tell us his choices for mustard and mayonnaise...well..I just about lost it.
I would love it if the other child contacts him when she reaches 18. She won’t need her mother’s permission at that time, I believe. She deserves the same privileges as Isaiah and Abbie. I haven’t watched the vlog yet, but your point hit home with me.

• Heart
Actually my favorite mustard lol. It made me a little ill to have even that in common haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Well, I didnt think it was pretty. Frankly I wont even say what the sounds reminded me of. :sick:

1595724674879.png

And good ol' Bettie seems to think they can tell if shes hurt a muscle or shaken her brain. LOL. I've seen it all now!

1595724795430.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Hi guys, changed my mind, I’m back. Had a little something going on and I decided I wanted to step away but I love this forum and you lovely people.

Would someone explain about the dislike of the puzzle piece please.
All I'm gonna say is
YIPPEE 🙃😊🥂🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.