Fathering Autism #38 Scamlife retreat, learning new lies, 20lbs added to Tinkerhog's Thighs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree and that's exactly why she shouldn't be groped and kissed and spooned with by Summer.
IMO.
The problem i see is her body is developing sexual hormones like any other teenager, even though her brain and mind are cleary representing the abilities of an infant child.
Touching these body areas is obscene, the same as lying in bed with her. I don't know the word for it, can it be "spooning"? 😬

Reactions: 12
I may be in the minority here but I just don't think Abbie is capable of learning much more at this point. Her body and brain are almost adult now. She's not even fully potty trained. She can match colors when she's in the mood, sort objects sometimes, and ask for Nature Valley bars on her device. She can shake her head, barely nod, say "nooooo," and tread water. She can drink from a cup, and she can eat with a spoon with the dexterity of my toddler. That's about it, guys. I think they should give her toys and try to keep her busy and happy. She doesn't have the intellectual capacity for much more, in my opinion.
I agree with you.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have four kids on the Autism spectrum. I can say for 100% certainty, if there was absolutely no side effects (long drug trials that lasted at least 10 years), then I would definitely sign all four of my children up.
I love them and I tolerate their Autism but if I could take that disorder away from them and allow them to grow up not having to deal with the cognitive impairments, developmental delays, and sensory issues, I would be a fool not to do it...
This is just my opinion though and I know others that would probably never do it...

I am also the Mom that suffers from asthma and up until 5 years ago, would always get sick with bronchitis, pneumonia and pleurisy... So, when my doctor came to me and told me that there was a pneumonia shot that would greatly reduce me getting pneumonia and my insurance would cover it, I couldn’t roll my sleeve up fast enough.. Now, I haven’t had a major sickness like that in 5 years and it is wonderful, not having to worry about finding child care while you are dog sick in the hospital..
I really oversimplified, the answers are so complicated by when/where/how in development. And I spoke of a single variation being the cause, not the more prevalent multi cause. But you can see the case I spoke of is easier to study.

I only looked at FA to see an autistic child and got hooked into the Maass exploitation question.

If you can stand to look at Asa for 15 boring minutes, you can look at an autism genome research discussion. Try YouTube, my favorite for lots of simplified info, some very basic.
Autism/genetic research took a huge turn a few years back, largely because they finally threw a lot of funding at it. So much exciting things happening.

Reactions: 6

Not sure who asked. But Abbie can be seen and heard doing the same stim briefly in this old vlog at 2:34
I have heard her do it many times before too. But this was the first vlog that came to mind😉
Main thing I noticed...pig still had no clue about how to apply foundation. Her face and neck white and smooth... then BOOM sun damaged everything
NOOOOO FISH BUBBLE NOISE 🤯🤪🤢🤮

• Haha
I agree with you.
Me too. This isnt just autism.

And as a parent if there was any chance to "fix" my child I would. I am not trying to be offensive but I always hate hearing Asa say he "would never change who she is." Bullshit. Who is she? He doesnt even know. They dont know from one minute to the next how she will behave or react. Her life is mostly "bad days" sprinkled with junk food and cart rides. What kind of parent would be content with that if they didnt have to be? Its pure insanity.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Me too. This isnt just autism.

And as a parent if there was any chance to "fix" my child I would. I am not trying to be offensive but I always hate hearing Asa say he "would never change who she is." Bullshit. Who is she? He doesnt even know. They dont know from one minute to the next how she will behave or react. Her life is mostly "bad days" sprinkled with junk food and cart rides. What kind of parent would be content with that if they didnt have to be? Its pure insanity.
Obviously Ass wouldn't change her. They can't even put the effort in to helping her. Ass and P both only care as far as it affects them. Nothing is for the betterment and welfare of their children. Maybe at one time but not now.

Plus if he could help her or she were to progress he and his dingbat wife would lose their cash cow.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Even with WLS it is really hard to eat even a quarter of a sub roll let alone having all the things on it she had. I am 9 years out from WLS and can barely eat a quarter of a sub to this day. I usually can only tolerate 2 bites then I’m full. And like I mentioned I’m 9 years out had it done November 2011. She is what less than a year out? She should not even be able to take a bite of a sub without getting overfilled and sick. And the booze let me tell u after WLS 2 sips and I’m buzzed if I drank a whole drink I’d be drunk. After WLS your body changes so much and IDK why but booze it’s u right away. I used to be able to hold my own when I used to have a life and go out with my friends then I had WLS and I can’t anymore. So I don’t bother drinking at all there is no point especially with all the sugar and calories in mixed drinks. That’s how I can u factually P has already stretched her stomach back out. It should be impossible for her to be eating 90% of the things she eats. I still can’t eat most of the stuff she eats

What I don’t understand is Ass and 🐷 are quick to argue with someone who questions them and they’ll go back and fourth for hours yet they see nothing wrong with these comments. Especially the one where the dude said to have her stop watching boys cause she belongs to him and she should dance for him!! Like block these people or say something. That’s disgusting

I agree. The first thing I thought of when he said Abbie regressed then mentioned the backwards pajamas and referenced that particular video that happen to be all about fecal smaearing. It’s definitely what he’s talking about. The girl wears a pull up and shreds them and obviously if she getting naked she’s shredding them again. So as soon as he said she regressed and mentioned the video on fecal smearing I put two and two together that she regressed and his fecal smearing it’s obvious.
A Sleeve (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy) is different from a RNY Gastric Bypass, Duodenal Switch w. VSG, Gastric Band, Stomach Stapling, Mini Gastric Bypass, Balloon, Distal Bypass etc.They are all different and everyone has a different experience. A Sleeve is a stomach reduction with normal functioning and most people can end up being able to eat pretty well - it used to be the first step of the Duodenal Switch for higher risk patients. It worked so well that some patients did not go ahead with the 2nd intestine portion and they began making the sleeve smaller as a stand alone procedure.

Just like 1/3 of ppl who have an RNY gastric bypass dump - many don't especially long term! Some people fail their surgery, many people have a surgery that fails them. You are speaking of you and how your surgery works. Everyone is different. Go read on some forums - many people can eat plenty. I call bullshit everytime Arse says Cilla can eat only an itsy bitsy portion. Lol, I know a ton of people who have been sleeved or have had other surgeries.

A good example to look at is Carnie Wilson. She had great success for awhile then she struggled bad. Her pouch stretched over time and she had a Lap Band put over her pouch to have some restriction. That too failed. Never made her a bad person. Food is an addiction. People who have Weight loss surgery and CAN eat end up eating as there is nothing to stop them. Transfer addiction is real too! Not saying Cilla is not annoying or unethical. Just saying we are human and all unique. We must address our issues or we stay in a loop. I think psychotherapy is incredibly helpful during weight loss and after. It is extremely important to learn about nutrition and change our ways. Cilla is food obsessed and has poor nutrition issues. She loves butter, cream, cheese, sugar, all processed food and tons of carbs. But you know, I ain't perfect neither and we all have our ebbs and flows.

I was thinking today while watching their video, that I couldn't deal with a child like Abbie. They could have trained her better I think? She is crazy as hell. All the yelling, grunting, running back and forth, violently rocking and hand clapping, tapping you non stop asking for things - never giving or loving you back, pinching, tantrums, meltdowns, jumping in the pool with her clothes on, stripping her clothes off, can't wash herself, brush her teeth, comb her hair, wipe her arse, use diapers forever, can't talk or communicate, has terrible impulse control . . . Surely I'd be eating, smoking (cigarettes & weed), drinking, shopping, disappearing. The Masses act like asses but they found a way to cope. I love peace and quiet and thank God I have that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Plus let’s not forget Abbies isn’t just autistic. I think a lot of people forget the Maass family tend to stress the autism diagnosis but not her IDD. So even if you could take away one you still have the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
A Sleeve (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy) is different from a RNY Gastric Bypass, Duodenal Switch w. VSG, Gastric Band, Stomach Stapling, Mini Gastric Bypass, Balloon, Distal Bypass etc.They are all different and everyone has a different experience. A Sleeve is a stomach reduction with normal functioning and most people can end up being able to eat pretty well - it used to be the first step of the Duodenal Switch for higher risk patients. It worked so well that some patients did not go ahead with the 2nd intestine portion and they began making the sleeve smaller as a stand alone procedure.

Just like 1/3 of ppl who have an RNY gastric bypass dump - many don't especially long term! Some people fail their surgery, many people have a surgery that fails them. You are speaking of you and how your surgery works. Everyone is different. Go read on some forums - many people can eat plenty. I call bullshit everytime Arse says Cilla can eat only an itsy bitsy portion. Lol, I know a ton of people who have been sleeved or have had other surgeries.

A good example to look at is Carnie Wilson. She had great success for awhile then she struggled bad. Her pouch stretched over time and she had a Lap Band put over her pouch to have some restriction. That too failed. Never made her a bad person. Food is an addiction. People who have Weight loss surgery and CAN eat end up eating as there is nothing to stop them. Transfer addiction is real too! Not saying Cilla is not annoying or unethical. Just saying we are human and all unique. We must address our issues or we stay in a loop. I think psychotherapy is incredibly helpful during weight loss and after. It is extremely important to learn about nutrition and change our ways. Cilla is food obsessed and has poor nutrition issues. She loves butter, cream, cheese, sugar, all processed food and tons of carbs. But you know, I ain't perfect neither and we all have our ebbs and flows.

I was thinking today while watching their video, that I couldn't deal with a child like Abbie. They could have trained her better I think? She is crazy as hell. All the yelling, grunting, running back and forth, violently rocking and hand clapping, tapping you non stop asking for things - never giving or loving you back, pinching, tantrums, meltdowns, jumping in the pool with her clothes on, stripping her clothes off, can't wash herself, brush her teeth, comb her hair, wipe her arse, use diapers forever, can't talk or communicate, has terrible impulse control . . . Surely I'd be eating, smoking (cigarettes & weed), drinking, shopping, disappearing. The Masses act like asses but they found a way to cope. I love peace and quiet and thank God I have that.
Just wanted to be clear that my laugh emoji was about your last paragraph. Thanks for the insight on this whole weight loss surgery thing.

I couldn’t be able to handle an Abbie like situation in my life either. The last two vlogs showed a weird and different version of her that I know I couldn’t deal with either.

My opinion: Abbie has not made potty training progress because Abbie is autistic and we have no idea about her limitations.

There.

Abbie is autistic. Upwards of 75% or more of autistic children also exhibit some type of gastrointestinal problems. There is no way to know what GI characteristics she may exhibit. There is no way to know if she is capable of accurately signaling GI problems. There is no way to know what gene defect she has, if it includes GI problems or if it might also have regression as a characteristic.

So Abbie has not exhibited potty training progress, guess what, probably because she is autistic. Also, by the way, while I’m at it, ascribing some evil hidden motivation to her actions is unfounded. She is probably more simple than that.

If you want to argue that her caregivers have not paid sufficient attention to potty training and possible signals, that is a different matter.

I’ve read here sweeping statements about Abbie’s progress or lack thereof, from people who have no clue about brain science and how complicated it is before it exhibits as biology. This is not the genetics of your old high school class (Mendel), or even of Woodie Guthrie and Huntington’s. This is not like the science of the liver or kidneys.

“If you've met one person with autism, you've met one person with autism.” exemplifies this complexity. Believe it.

Current rant over. Maybe more to come.
Ok, are you serious right now? You say that you read sweeping statements about Abbies progress and then you follow up with a sweeping statement?
Unless you are directly involved with this family and have her genetic makeup or neuroimaging, you are absolutely no more qualified than any of us.
I believe I have sufficient understanding about brains and to an extent human DNA (and if i don't know something, I'll just look it up or ask one of my fellow science dudes). And yet, like everyone else writing here, I can only judge by what is shown in the video. That is why I go out of my way to try and back up every assumption and statement I make.
"If you know one person with autism, you know one person with autism" is a nice way to describe to laymen that autism is not a uniform group of cyborgs, but that there are interindividual differences (like in the general population). It does not mean that there aren't similarities in brain activity, structural components and (invaluable to diagnosing until every last cause is determined - including the suspected "nurture" aspects) behavioral patterns we see over and over again.

As for the puzzle pieces: They don't bother me. It is a symbol that I can ascribe meaning to. They bear little weight on how I live my life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
How much do you want to bet they are going to use student loans to pay for his tuition, leaving him with quite a debt to pay off after graduation? Buy now, pay later seems to be their motto.
Undergrads can only get so much in loans, usually a few thousand. The parent loan is under the parents’ name, not the student. So, Assssa and P will have to get loans to pay if they aren’t paying out of pocket.

Autism is defined by a bunch of people arguing about characteristics of social interaction, repetitive actions, etc., but the genetic variation that caused it doesn’t care how those people draw the line. That single gene goes right ahead and causes lots of other problems. So now those people are calling them comorbidities (emphasis on the “co”) and we have them called clinical heterogeneity of ASD: IQ, language, epilepsy, mood and behavior, sleep, motor and sensory. Semantics. ADHD, OCD get pushed in and out.

Reactions: 2
It has always been my personal opinion & also from experience that Abbie is first & foremost IDD & ADHD, non-verbal (not sure if from IDD &/or autism), & lastly some Asperger’s traits with her vocal stim & I try to avoid calling it honking. Then of course some bipolar from hormones from her disconnected mind. She’s really going through it.

My heart breaks for her & the last thing she needs is her tubby father saying that she’s done w/ speech therapy until the Fall. Like what??? Abbie needs intensive therapy daily so she can learn to communicate via ipad & signs! He was pushing more ipad communication in the vlog that at one point I had to remind myself that she’s 15 & not 5! Where has he been? Checked out?

After the Isa & Assa lispy femme peepee talk in the truck, I just felt gross. I had planned on coming here to just say “whatever that vlog was” w/ an eye roll. I was left feeling very grossed out. I know I’m not alone!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ok, are you serious right now? You say that you read sweeping statements about Abbies progress and then you follow up with a sweeping statement?
Unless you are directly involved with this family and have her genetic makeup or neuroimaging, you are absolutely no more qualified than any of us.
I believe I have sufficient understanding about brains and to an extent human DNA (and if i don't know something, I'll just look it up or ask one of my fellow science dudes). And yet, like everyone else writing here, I can only judge by what is shown in the video. That is why I go out of my way to try and back up every assumption and statement I make.
"If you know one person with autism, you know one person with autism" is a nice way to describe to laymen that autism is not a uniform group of cyborgs, but that there are interindividual differences (like in the general population). It does not mean that there aren't similarities in brain activity, structural components and (invaluable to diagnosing until every last cause is determined - including the suspected "nurture" aspects) behavioral patterns we see over and over again.

As for the puzzle pieces: They don't bother me. It is a symbol that I can ascribe meaning to. They bear little weight on how I live my life.
I guess my sweeping statement is that we don’t know enough about Abbie by what we are told or shown or misinformed about to conclude a hell of a lot about a single individual.

Reactions: 3
Autism is defined by a bunch of people arguing about characteristics of social interaction, repetitive actions, etc., but the genetic variation that caused it doesn’t care how those people draw the line. That single gene goes right ahead and causes lots of other problems. So now those people are calling them comorbidities (emphasis on the “co”) and we have them called clinical heterogeneity of ASD: IQ, language, epilepsy, mood and behavior, sleep, motor and sensory. Semantics. ADHD, OCD get pushed in and out.
I have no interest in getting into negative confrontations but comorbidities are literally the "other problems." And comorbid disorders are their own thing and can be strongly or loosely tied to a diagnosis.

I honestly am struggling to understand what your series of posts are trying to do. Not to be hateful or anything but it's a lot of strutting with no clear point.

Reactions: 16
Undergrads can only get so much in loans, usually a few thousand. The parent loan is under the parents’ name, not the student. So, Assssa and P will have to get loans to pay if they aren’t paying out of pocket.
Yes, there’s no way he’d qualify for the $25+k tuition loan that my son qualified for. They make too much. My son is unable to use the full financial aid/loan because we have no means to pay back the $100k+ each for multiple children to go to college/university. (I wish we could call it uni in the US...I like the abbreviation). So community college it will be for 2 yrs & then 2 yrs at a 4 yr college/“uni.” Can Isaiah say the words aeronautical engineer? As always in life, the unwealthy struggle.

Isa can shove his wishful youtube begging for some dreamy new vehicle! My son won’t have a car until he has the means to help pay for it!

Someone direct me to the naughty corner & give me a strong drink! Their “family friendly vlogs” are triggering me!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I guess my sweeping statement is that we don’t know enough about Abbie by what we are told or shown or misinformed about to conclude a hell of a lot about a single individual.
Your sweeping statement was a) that Abbie has not made any progress in potty training, because she is autistic (followed with eh don't know, which renders the sentence in itself void), b) that some people are ascribing hidden motivations to her actions and that is unfounded. Something I have seldom read here. Comments are more about her awareness and overall abilities. C) That lack of proper caring and sufficient effort is an entirely different topic. Which it most likely isn't in this case. Our development doesn't only hinge on genetic makeup, but also on environmental aspects. That's why psychology and education didn't immediately get scrapped once genetics became the new hot tit.

Another sweeping statement of yours is that people here have no clue.

Autism as of now is a clearly defined pattern of behaviours that is more than just coincidental. There are other findings and theories as well (like an above average head circumference in newborns) The genetic variation(s) are an interesting find, but so far there wasn't found anything that applied to a significant portion of autistic individuals (for example Silverman et al.). Using Mouse models or animal models in general is also good to undestand some mechanisms, but it is still a looong way to securely translate findings to humans.

You seem to think that genetics is the be all end all and can solve everything. But given the current status quo, the research is still in its infancy and data that has been gathered so far, is still fragmentary. At the same time, there is a real world impact for autistic individuals (or arguably autistic individuals) and their families that need practical solutions right now. Just scrapping it and waiting for a cure isn't cutting it.

I would like to subscribe to @MaidenX 's question: What are you trying to achieve with your posts?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Genome poster...found this on google. Are you really trying to say that science has detected 1 gene for autism? In another article I read there are 1,000+ genes tied to autism. Not sure where you’re getting your info.

:::::::

A genetic test cannot diagnose or detect autism. That's because myriad genes along with environmental factors may underlie the condition. Roughly 100 genes have clear ties to autism, but no single gene leads to autism every time it is mutated.Apr 10, 2019

Thought this was funny. The entire site lists him as single several times & a mention of 1 previous gf. I saw this as a pop up, so I screen shot it. You’d have to type in the site name & search his name to find the “single” mentions. It was easier to screenshot it than send the site link.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Just got finished with my daily popcorn fix and watching the FA vlog. I would go mad living with Abbie, let alone being her parent. I feel ashamed admitting that, but it’s my true feeling. As I mentioned that vocal stim was very disturbing to me, let alone her wildness today. I actually felt dizzy watching her rock on the couch when Becca came over. Asa mentioned her behavior was challenging that morning...I can’t even imagine what is not shown on the vlogs. JSA will have their work cut out for them when she comes back. Was I too harsh? I apologize in advance.

I believe Abbie's behaviors would be different if she had different parents. If she was mine, she would have lived in a more quiet, calm home. I would have worked with her calming herself from the loud, scary stims and offered something else to stim with. A lot if not most of her behavior comes directly from her environment.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.