Fathering Autism #38 Scamlife retreat, learning new lies, 20lbs added to Tinkerhog's Thighs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I may be in the minority here but I just don't think Abbie is capable of learning much more at this point. Her body and brain are almost adult now. She's not even fully potty trained. She can match colors when she's in the mood, sort objects sometimes, and ask for Nature Valley bars on her device. She can shake her head, barely nod, say "nooooo," and tread water. She can drink from a cup, and she can eat with a spoon with the dexterity of my toddler. That's about it, guys. I think they should give her toys and try to keep her busy and happy. She doesn't have the intellectual capacity for much more, in my opinion.

Given the fact that A&P do not put in the effort and consistency, I can certainly see how it appears that way. They're doing the bare minimum with her and reaping the results of it. While I don't think that Abbie is extremely more capable... I do think that we would see better results if A&P really tried. If she isn't given the means to do more and her support system is not really giving much support, can you really expect anything other than what we're seeing??

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Given the fact that A&P do not put in the effort and consistency, I can certainly see how it appears that way. They're doing the bare minimum with her and reaping the results of it. While I don't think that Abbie is extremely more capable... I do think that we would see better results if A&P really tried. If she isn't given the means to do more and her support system is not really giving much support, can you really expect anything other than what we're seeing??
I don't disagree with you - I think they don't put in the consistency and effort they should - but I do think she's missed a really important window when she could have been learning. Sadly I feel like it's too late for much meaningful learning.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
So, Ass has resulted in reposting old vlogs for interaction on his page. Fine, whatever. But how the hell are they getting that many views? I have a mental picture of every single device in that house looping the video repeatedly to rack up views and $$$.
Yep! The view counts on both YT and FB were quite low for yesterday's "Bye Mom" vlog. The natives are restless and he's uneasy and pulled out an old favorite. I can just see a secret room full of equipment looping the vlogs! LOLOL

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My opinion: Abbie has not made potty training progress because Abbie is autistic and we have no idea about her limitations.

There.

Abbie is autistic. Upwards of 75% or more of autistic children also exhibit some type of gastrointestinal problems. There is no way to know what GI characteristics she may exhibit. There is no way to know if she is capable of accurately signaling GI problems. There is no way to know what gene defect she has, if it includes GI problems or if it might also have regression as a characteristic.

So Abbie has not exhibited potty training progress, guess what, probably because she is autistic. Also, by the way, while I’m at it, ascribing some evil hidden motivation to her actions is unfounded. She is probably more simple than that.

If you want to argue that her caregivers have not paid sufficient attention to potty training and possible signals, that is a different matter.

I’ve read here sweeping statements about Abbie’s progress or lack thereof, from people who have no clue about brain science and how complicated it is before it exhibits as biology. This is not the genetics of your old high school class (Mendel), or even of Woodie Guthrie and Huntington’s. This is not like the science of the liver or kidneys.

“If you've met one person with autism, you've met one person with autism.” exemplifies this complexity. Believe it.

Current rant over. Maybe more to come.
Just in case the finger is pointed my way...

My argument is definitely that the caregivers have not paid sufficient attention to the potty training matter.
I did make the statement earlier that I hoped she tit all over the boat. In no way was I implying that Abbie would be doing so on purpose. Though, without further conversation I can see how you could come to such an assumption.
With the utmost respect:
I understand that some things on here get messy and silly, and there is a lot of speculation, but I do not believe it is to the extent that folks should start questioning the educational background of anonymous members of a forum. You are only seeing one aspect of the individuals on this thread.

Still, A Very Happy Saturday to You!
🌻🌞🌻

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t see Abbie missing him either. And I hate to say this but she doesn’t get excited like they say when people come over. The biggest reaction she gives is when they bring food home. That’s when Abbie gets full on excited to see someone is they have food.
[/QUOTE
My opinion: Abbie has not made potty training progress because Abbie is autistic and we have no idea about her limitations.

There.

Abbie is autistic. Upwards of 75% or more of autistic children also exhibit some type of gastrointestinal problems. There is no way to know what GI characteristics she may exhibit. There is no way to know if she is capable of accurately signaling GI problems. There is no way to know what gene defect she has, if it includes GI problems or if it might also have regression as a characteristic.

So Abbie has not exhibited potty training progress, guess what, probably because she is autistic. Also, by the way, while I’m at it, ascribing some evil hidden motivation to her actions is unfounded. She is probably more simple than that.

If you want to argue that her caregivers have not paid sufficient attention to potty training and possible signals, that is a different matter.

I’ve read here sweeping statements about Abbie’s progress or lack thereof, from people who have no clue about brain science and how complicated it is before it exhibits as biology. This is not the genetics of your old high school class (Mendel), or even of Woodie Guthrie and Huntington’s. This is not like the science of the liver or kidneys.

“If you've met one person with autism, you've met one person with autism.” exemplifies this complexity. Believe it.

I don't agree with you're statement " If you met one person with autisim , you have met one person with autisim" . Each person is unique . Have there own personality , likes or wants . This is the very same for a child or adult with autisim . Yes there is a high percentage of gastrointestinal problems , intellectual delays , speech delays . What I have found to help me understand autisim is to ask experts , Dr.s , scientist , neurologist , because our brain is the core of our being and that every thing is connected . I want to know where is the disconnection ? Why the behavior ? Why the stimming ? Why the gastrointestinal problems ?

Reactions: 7
Just in case the finger is pointed my way...

My argument is definitely that the caregivers have not paid sufficient attention to the potty training matter.
I did make the statement earlier that I hoped she tit all over the boat. In no way was I implying that Abbie would be doing so on purpose. Though, without further conversation I can see how you could come to such an assumption.
With the utmost respect:
I understand that some things on here get messy and silly, and there is a lot of speculation, but I do not believe it is to the extent that folks should start questioning the educational background of anonymous members of a forum. You are only seeing one aspect of the individuals on this thread.

Still, A Very Happy Saturday to You!
🌻🌞🌻
I don’t question the educational background of anyone, I have no idea what it is. There are geneticists who published results as recently as 10 years ago and those results are now discounted with no funding because they failed to understand the statistical basis. The science may have valid points, the conclusions may not. That’s what I addressed.
And I’m certainly not pointing at you or anyone specific.

I don't agree with you're statement " If you met one person with autisim , you have met one person with autisim" . Each person is unique . Have there own personality , likes or wants . This is the very same for a child or adult with autisim . Yes there is a high percentage of gastrointestinal problems , intellectual delays , speech delays . What I have found to help me understand autisim is to ask experts , Dr.s , scientist , neurologist , because our brain is the core of our being and that every thing is connected . I want to know where is the disconnection ? Why the behavior ? Why the stimming ? Why the gastrointestinal problems ?
When you state each person is unique, you are agreeing " If you met one person with autisim, you have met one person with autisim".
and your questions are indeed a reflection of the complexity.

Reactions: 5
The thing is. I don't really know what the law is about lifevests but I'd think they'd just wanna be as safe as possible with her. Put a life vest on her. Being able to swim doesnt mean all that much if your boat tips over or if she impulsively jumps out.
Or she gets bonked on the head in a boat roll over. Stuff flys through the air in boats when you stop or turn suddenly.

Reactions: 5
I don’t question the educational background of anyone, I have no idea what it is. There are geneticists who published results as recently as 10 years ago and those results are now discounted with no funding because they failed to understand the statistical basis. The science may have valid points, the conclusions may not. That’s what I addressed.
And I’m certainly not pointing at you or anyone specific.

When you state each person is unique, you are agreeing " If you met one person with autisim, you have met one person with autisim".
and your questions are indeed a reflection of the complexity.
Good deal! 😁

Reactions: 3
So, Ass has resulted in reposting old vlogs for interaction on his page. Fine, whatever. But how the hell are they getting that many views? I have a mental picture of every single device in that house looping the video repeatedly to rack up views and $$$.
He is only doing this to get more views. Nothing more, nothing less. IMO.

Reactions: 9
View attachment 191693
What the actual duck!!!!
What is going on with Summer? What do her parents think when they see pictures like this? Her college is going to be online so fat P can't say she lives with them to go to college. Go home Summer.

that's why they got summer to move in
It looks like I College might go online and not have physical classes. Just got that off the college website. Poor kid is going to be stuck with his clown family for the near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
What is going on with Summer? What do her parents think when they see pictures like this? Her college is going to be online so fat P can't say she lives with them to go to college. Go home Summer.

It looks like I College might go online and not have physical classes. Just got that off the college website. Poor kid is going to be stuck with his clown family for the near future.
I don’t understand why Summer has to sit in their office to do homework, why she would want to. They should string WiFi boosters out to her cell room.
Universities are in a financial bind. Their monumentally exorbitant expenses can only be funded by exorbitant tuitions. They are panicked by students taking a year off or temporarily switching to local junior schools. They need people on campus or they must begin letting people go.

Reactions: 3
Hi guys, changed my mind, I’m back. Had a little something going on and I decided I wanted to step away but I love this forum and you lovely people.

I think someone on here many threads back said that someone once asked Asshat about it in a live (at the old house?) and he just simply shrugged..smh.
He doesn't give a duck about anyone else but himself.
IMO
Would someone explain about the dislike of the puzzle piece please.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Watching the vlog it actually worries me when Abbie starts rocking so much. Her head is close to the corner of the units and bannister and also the wall.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

There.

I'm sorry but in the good old days when Asa had the decency to be honest with his audience no mention was ever made of Abbie having GI problems. They used to set a timer for every 45 mins to take her to the loo. She was doing very well and was not wearing nappies 24/7. It was not perfect but she was exhibiting major progress. Those days are sadly gone. Now, I feel, they think going about these things is dull and not good viewing so it is all pushed to one side.

If she had GI problems it would have been detailed to a degree and would have been given as an excuse for her still wearing nappies. I think now they have a live in carer they really cant be bothered with the whole issue and I imagine Summer deals with the consequences. Personally I think it is horrendous and makes me very angry.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Hi guys, changed my mind, I’m back. Had a little something going on and I decided I wanted to step away but I love this forum and you lovely people.

Was that 'little something' untying the ropes from the pontoon to a certain boat in the dead of night (y)🛥🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.