Fathering Autism #38 Scamlife retreat, learning new lies, 20lbs added to Tinkerhog's Thighs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's probably trying to do damage control from Summer grabbing Abbies ass/diaper and spooning with her in her bed.
It's curious that he chose these 2 particular videos to "rewatch".
See? Summer and her friends are very normal 23 year olds. Nothing to be concerned with. Summer grabs Abbie's ass and disrespects her space because isn't that what all best friends do?
It's all totally normal, folks.
#bullshit
He actually posted one before last night's vlog. The how do they talk to each other vlog. Either way, it is scummy.

Reactions: 7
I'm sorry but in the good old days when Asa had the decency to be honest with his audience no mention was ever made of Abbie having GI problems. They used to set a timer for every 45 mins to take her to the loo. She was doing very well and was not wearing nappies 24/7. It was not perfect but she was exhibiting major progress. Those days are sadly gone. Now, I feel, they think going about these things is dull and not good viewing so it is all pushed to one side.

If she had GI problems it would have been detailed to a degree and would have been given as an excuse for her still wearing nappies. I think now they have a live in carer they really cant be bothered with the whole issue and I imagine Summer deals with the consequences. Personally I think it is horrendous and makes me very angry.
I’m not sure Asa would have known if she had GI problems. There are theories that GI problems are related to sleep problems, that reflux causes autistic kids to wake up in the middle of the night. It’s even more exasperating when kids can’t talk. It’s difficult to get causal relationships when we don’t know all Abbie’s data or if Asa has not reported or even lied. A large study years ago came about when parents of kids with both autism and GI problems banded together, went back to scientists and said better look at this.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Never did I ever think that I would be explaining the word “Gunt“ to someone, but I am thankful to have had the pleasurable experience of doing so today. The look on my husbands face was priceless! 😂😂😂
Thank you for that fellow tattlers! THANK YOU,☄⭐☄
I have always referred to it as a FUPA. To each their own, I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Did anyone else notice the sounds Abbie was making while Asa was trying to do his plug for the streaming service? Never heard them...odd sounds...and I was surprised he didnt comment on them.
That violent thrashing is not dancing, and I wish he would stop calling it that.
Waiting until she is 15 to teach functional communication/household terms. Awesome. Not.
Asa has no regrets with Isaiah. P is closest to him. Notice he said Abbie has different relationships with them? In other words....she doesnt like P. LOL

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don’t question the educational background of anyone, I have no idea what it is. There are geneticists who published results as recently as 10 years ago and those results are now discounted with no funding because they failed to understand the statistical basis. The science may have valid points, the conclusions may not. That’s what I addressed.
And I’m certainly not pointing at you or anyone specific.

When you state each person is unique, you are agreeing " If you met one person with autisim, you have met one person with autisim".
and your questions are indeed a reflection of the complexity.
I understand now ............ I had a brainfart . Thank you !

Reactions: 1
Did anyone else notice the sounds Abbie was making while Asa was trying to do his plug for the streaming service? Never heard them...odd sounds...and I was surprised he didnt comment on them.
That violent thrashing is not dancing, and I wish he would stop calling it that.
Waiting until she is 15 to teach functional communication/household terms. Awesome. Not.
Asa has no regrets with Isaiah. P is closest to him. Notice he said Abbie has different relationships with them? In other words....she doesnt like P. LOL
Ya I noticed the different sound she was making. He didn't show her either while she was making it. I had wondered about that myself. Maybe he was just so focused on selling the app he tuned her out.... or maybe Isaiah was trying to quiet her some how. No clue lol

Reactions: 8
Why I was thinking about this family last night I don’t know , but I was. I’m wondering if they don’t teach her aside from being lazy if it doesn’t fit their agenda? If she gets better at communicating better at potty training etc the money train dries up. I don’t know I Know people with disabled children and it seems some hold them back from learning. I wonder if special needs parents get used to it that it becomes a crutch for the parents. Don’t come at me not all special needs parents just some. I feel like if my child was like Abbie I’d do anything and everything to help her , the Maass’s do nothing or the bare minimal. I don’t know maybe I’m wrong or not explaining it right. I just don’t get why they don’t work with her aside from laziness
I definitely think $$$ is a part of it but I feel the main reason is laziness. In order for Abbie to really benefit from their care and make progress (which I believe she IS capable of doing, it may not be a high amount of progress but certainly a lot better than where she's at currently), A&P would have to put in a very significant amount of effort, work, diligence and consistency into things. They would have to be more on top of things and follow through with things every time - not just when it suits them. Taking care of Abbie is like taking care of a 1 - 2 year old. It's a lot of work.
It's sad because Abbie is paying the price for their laziness and selfishness.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hi guys, changed my mind, I’m back. Had a little something going on and I decided I wanted to step away but I love this forum and you lovely people.

Would someone explain about the dislike of the puzzle piece please.
🥰🥰🥰
Very awesome news!!!!

As for the puzzle piece, I'm sure you will get many answers as to why some dislike it. I like to think of it as open to interpretation.

I personally like it and have since 2007. For my family, the puzzle piece represents the final answer we were seeking.

That piece (the diagnosis) completed a long journey and solved the mystery.

I will never feel anything but happy about embracing it. 🧩🤩😊

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Assa needs friends, your viewers are not who you open up to about your guilt of not building a better relationship with Isaiah.

Reactions: 19
Asa needs to stop pointing when she has her Ipad and have her do it to learn. If she can't learn it on her own then what is the sense of adding new things on?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Hi guys, changed my mind, I’m back. Had a little something going on and I decided I wanted to step away but I love this forum and you lovely people.

Would someone explain about the dislike of the puzzle piece please.
I'm glad you decided to stick around! I enjoy reading your posts. 😊❤

From my understanding, many autistic individuals don't like the puzzle piece symbol because of the negative connotations that it can have or that it can represent.
Such as:
- Confusion and mystery
- A problem that needs to be solved
- That autism is just a childhood disorder
- That there is something missing from an autistic individual

I can see why autistic individuals would have a problem with it based on reasons like that. I know I wouldn't like being told that having certain conditions like autism means that I am a problem that needs to be fixed, that there is something wrong with me or that I am lacking just because of how my brain is wired.

I'm sure our autistic members on here can share their feelings on it as well and probably express it much better than I can.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ass suddenly wants to do some one-on-one time with Isiah. He regrets not teaching him more. Where have we heard this before? We Tattlers have been talking about this frequently.
c3cf4b30902e31d37c65d8c4eeb2ee52.jpeg

I have zero sympathy for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Wow I was and wasn’t shocked when Ass questioned Isaiah about what him and P talked about on all their outings. The look on Isaiahs face made me think he was a bit uncomfortable with the question and wasn’t sure how to answer... and that was seriously wrong to do to his son.

And nice save Isaiah about the peepee comment.. he doesn’t want everyone starting to comment on his sexuality. Personally I don’t care what he is.. just be happy and be who you want.

Abbie was being really strange in this video... freaky noises... she’s just acting really different is all I can say. I don’t know how else to explain what I’m seeing and hearing. It’s been building up over vlogs but more apparent today because there is less Hog noise and Summer distractions around.

Other than that.. I think this new method of communication was all for show of the vlog. I really don’t see Abbie using it by herself without getting frustrated. She likes to go to her page to pick an item she wants thats quick and easy. I don’t see her having to start picking bathroom then potty or bath without being prompted each time. She’s not going to say car then Wendy’s she’s just going to say Wendy’s. She still can’t even sign doughnut correctly.

Reactions: 21

Tonight's vlog 25.7.20
Why is he pretending that she knows how to use the new info he has put on the iPad. The only time she got it right was when he pointed to it. She really seems to have regressed so much, seems so out of control and her face looks vacant.
He tries his best to make it look better but it’s so obvious that there is little understanding and more guessing than anything else.
The noise and that awful swaying from side to side, I just can’t.

Reactions: 17
Hey all, happy Saturday! I notice we have a lot of new/newish posters. Welcome aboard! Seeing our numbers grow means more and more people are seeing the light. Love it!

I find their parenting style with Abbie very telling. Think about it. With Isaiah they were TOO involved, helicopter parents. They had a hand in his schoolwork, his activities, his social life. They had and maintained a schedule, they DID make the effort to make sure he was successful.
With Abbie....no schedule. No consistency. Minimal effort. Passing the buck to Brandi and JSA.

Its just my opinion but to me it is very clear they are quite capable of giving their all to Abbie, but frankly, they know there will not be much of a return on their investment. They grew weary of the meltdowns years ago and simply choose the easy route to avoid them. I do believe they love her, especially Asa, but I think they surrendered long ago, and simply talk the talk to keep the humpers humping. They may not talk about her IDD much on camera but behind the scenes I believe they have decided this is it for her. Its sad, but just my opinion.
I think that is a good point and well put. It just makes it all the more frustrating and sad that they have it in their power to do more for Abbie but they don't. That they have given up on her in a lot of ways. I know some members may think it's foolish of me to think so, but I firmly believe that Abbie is capable of more and could make more progress. She needs a lot more help and support from A&P to do so.
I've also said before that by being so lazy and giving in to her in order to avoid a tantrum etc., they are actually making things harder on themselves because the bad behaviors will continue and in some cases get a lot worse. That's more for them to deal with and stress out about. They're shooting themselves in the foot. Then on top of that, instead of owning up to how they are failing, they put the blame on Abbie. Princess P saying that Abbie doesn't communicate enough and therefore she and Asshat can't help her out or understand her. The way she said it implies that Abbie is capable of communicating more, has more signs in her repertoire etc, but is just choosing not to make use of them. Then, the other day with Asshat saying that Abbie doesn't know what she's saying when she's responding with yes or no. That she almost always goes with 'no' because it's easier for her to shake her head no than to nod yes.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She will do herself serious injury. Abbie is far too close to hard surfaces when she rocks and sways.
Why is he pretending that she knows how to use the new info he has put on the iPad. The only time she got it right was when he pointed to it. She really seems to have regressed so much, seems so out of control and her face looks vacant.
He tries his best to make it look better but it’s so obvious that there is little understanding and more guessing than anything else.
The noise and that awful swaying from side to side, I just can’t.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.