Fathering Autism #38 Scamlife retreat, learning new lies, 20lbs added to Tinkerhog's Thighs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just dont hear that. Not necessarily disagreeing but to me that is not the sound she was making on this vlog. 🤷‍♀️
It sounds like she is gargling in the older vlog. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️😂😂
The sounds today she was making were odd...I've not heard those before, that I can recall anyway. She was amped up today.

I thought you would enjoy the laser eyes!! 🤩 🥰😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It sounds like she is gargling in the older vlog. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️😂😂
The sounds today she was making were odd...I've not heard those before, that I can recall anyway. She was amped up today.

I thought you would enjoy the laser eyes!! 🤩 🥰😂😂😂
They never fail to make me laugh! I wish I had laser eyes! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Her new stim is as annoying as that damn bubble fish stim. And neither Isaiah or Asa seem to care she's eating her hair. And why is he laying his feet on her?

1595726983040.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I'm glad you decided to stick around! I enjoy reading your posts. 😊❤

From my understanding, many autistic individuals don't like the puzzle piece symbol because of the negative connotations that it can have or that it can represent.
Such as:
- Confusion and mystery
- A problem that needs to be solved
- That autism is just a childhood disorder
- That there is something missing from an autistic individual

I can see why autistic individuals would have a problem with it based on reasons like that. I know I wouldn't like being told that having certain conditions like autism means that I am a problem that needs to be fixed, that there is something wrong with me or that I am lacking just because of how my brain is wired.

I'm sure our autistic members on here can share their feelings on it as well and probably express it much better than I can.
Yep that too! And there's a huge autistic community on tiktok and one explains the hatred of the puzzle piece verrry well here:

I don't like the puzzle piece because that is " Autisim Speaks " logo . I and many other parents and people who are autistic disregard the idea that the person needs to be fixed , they are broken . " Autisim Speaks " is a big pity party . The " Infinity "sign I like because it represents acceptence .
Ditto!

I fast forwarded through most of Asa’s commercial only to come here and discover everyone discussing Abbie’s vocal stim during it. So I doubled back. In the past I watched in batches and never in order, so I’m not much good on timelines.

I don’t recall ever hearing that stim myself but I’ve never paid much attention. I seem to recall someone saying she does them partly because of the physical sensation in her throat, is that correct?

The speech therapist has been working on her facial, mouth muscles and I thought they said it was to help her form a new mouth shape and sound with the blowing. Can’t remember what. So I wondered if this is a new sound related to that effort,

However neither Asa nor Isaiah gave it a notice, so I think I’m overly optimistic.

Reactions: 11
Just got finished with my daily popcorn fix and watching the FA vlog. I would go mad living with Abbie, let alone being her parent. I feel ashamed admitting that, but it’s my true feeling. As I mentioned that vocal stim was very disturbing to me, let alone her wildness today. I actually felt dizzy watching her rock on the couch when Becca came over. Asa mentioned her behavior was challenging that morning...I can’t even imagine what is not shown on the vlogs. JSA will have their work cut out for them when she comes back. Was I too harsh? I apologize in advance.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Good point.
I watched that scene two more times to be sure. It’s definitely Abigail making those weird unknown noises. I see that several people on here have heard it too. I wasn’t going to say anything at first.

Reactions: 7
What if, a giant what if:

You are autistic and genomic evidence indicated a rarely occurring, high-autistic-probability single gene variation was the cause. Genetic engineering has turned a lab mouse into an autistic mini-you, and a scientist has then used T stem cells to correct the mouse’s gene defect in the mouse’s cells. Then 5 years from now, they have a medicine/treatment that will correct the gene protein generation in your brain and allow neural synapses to fire for the first time, or sufficiently, or correctly, and there are no side effects.

Would you decline? What if it were your unborn/minor child? Would you care about the puzzle piece?

What if.....the first part is beginning to happen now and 5 years may not be unreasonable.

A huge ethical question.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

You are autistic and genomic evidence indicated a rarely occurring, high-autistic-probability single gene variation was the cause. Genetic engineering has turned a lab mouse into an autistic mini-you, and a scientist has then used T stem cells to correct the mouse’s gene defect in the mouse’s cells. Then 5 years from now, they have a medicine/treatment that will correct the gene protein generation in your brain and allow neural synapses to fire for the first time, or sufficiently, or correctly, and there are no side effects.

Would you decline? What if it were your minor child? Would you care about the puzzle piece?

What if.....the first part is beginning to happen now and 5 years may not be unreasonable.

A huge ethical question.
You mean like LSD and ketamine? Both very helpful for different reasons, yet shunned upon by society? Yeah, I’d say whatever “drug” is to come out would not be welcomed by most but some May take a chance. People don’t even believe in simple vaccines like the MMR. To them I say, wait till the kids get measles and mumps. Whole different road I’m going to rn but just saying, people will do what they do.

Last edited:
I just dont hear that. Not necessarily disagreeing but to me that is not the sound she was making on this vlog. 🤷‍♀️

I just had to giggle alittle when Asa said the lady taking their money in the drive thru ducked when she heard Abbies stim!! Lol oh that just cracks me up! 😂🤣

I just did a rewatch to listen to that stim of her’s today, I’ve never heard it before, that’s a first for me and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen every one of their vlogs

Last edited:
  • Haha

Would you decline? What if it were your unborn/minor child? Would you care about the puzzle piece?

A huge ethical question.
I say yes with no hesitation.
But I'm a complete outsider (I dont have autism and noone in my family does) I might think very differently otherwise.

Reactions: 7

A huge ethical question.
I have four kids on the Autism spectrum. I can say for 100% certainty, if there was absolutely no side effects (long drug trials that lasted at least 10 years), then I would definitely sign all four of my children up.
I love them and I tolerate their Autism but if I could take that disorder away from them and allow them to grow up not having to deal with the cognitive impairments, developmental delays, and sensory issues, I would be a fool not to do it...
This is just my opinion though and I know others that would probably never do it...

I am also the Mom that suffers from asthma and up until 5 years ago, would always get sick with bronchitis, pneumonia and pleurisy... So, when my doctor came to me and told me that there was a pneumonia shot that would greatly reduce me getting pneumonia and my insurance would cover it, I couldn’t roll my sleeve up fast enough.. Now, I haven’t had a major sickness like that in 5 years and it is wonderful, not having to worry about finding child care while you are dog sick in the hospital..

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I often wonder if the bio-mom and/or daughter watches the vlogs. Why wouldn’t they be curious? If I were either one of them, I would be rankled to see the boat, the golf carts, the trips, etc.

I think he said he wasn’t aware of his other child until 2010 or so. She would have been 6?
Yes....that's what he claims.
I don't believe him.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.