Fathering Autism #34 With each new vlog the lies get bigger, so do the rolls on P's figure

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The top photo looks like she just ripped a really satisfying fart, the bottom photo is what nightmares are made of. I still don't know how she claims to be a size 14. Im 5'3" weigh 150 lbs and wear a size 14. She is literally 3 times the size of me. I don't try and fat shame people but its hard not to when they blatantly lie about their weight loss
I am a size 10 and weigh 135. NO WAY is she is a bleeping 14, that is a bald faced lie. She sure is fooling those fans though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Hard to say without proper assessment (like everything, it is just a hypothesis), but honestly I don't think that Abbie will ever learn to speak, let alone form sentences. It is hard to really tell, because the critical period has passed a long time ago, however Abbie was exposed to language from the start. Our brain is wired to acquire language and it needs complete loss of exposure to not learn at all (think feral children like Genie). So i think that Abbie understands quite a bit, but the cognitive software to actually fom words is simply not there.
Fun fact: most feral children and children with inhibited speech acquisition do much better when it comes to sign language. I'd say focus on that. I am not crazy about those made up kindergarden signs though. If ASL is to difficult (and I don't doubt that it is), try Makaton. I don't know why her school kept them for so long. The other thing would be her IPad.
Generally speaking she should focus on single buzzwords. If has a solid vocabulary with a couple of words in every category (and that is a big if), work on two words. And for the love of everything that's holy, Asa, let her figure stuff out on her own without immediately jumping in. Trial and error is so important for leraning.

Sorry for my lengthy posts, by the way. I tend to talk in endless monologues when I like a topic (another Autism trait). I just hope it isn't too annoying.
I am really enjoying your posts. I think they are well-thought out and written. Given me quite a bit of insight at the same time.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I mean there are skin care products that are rather expensive (don't know about 100 bucks tho, that's insane), because they are hypoallergenic, vegan, the ingredients are ethically sourced,... Slimeife is none of those things. I checked the ingredients once. Just mix some old candle wax with tap water and empty a bottle of drug store perfume over it. The result is about as good as their overpriced sludge.
learn.
- Abbie's diet... She's getting chubbier by the month, but used to be very slim. I get that all teenage girls get a bit chubby at times, but it's linked to hormones usually, and I thought Abbie was
This is a very good question. It's hard to tell really. Sometimes it's like she's signing eat or starting to then stops. Other times it's like she's smelling her fingers or something.
I notice the fingers in the nose when she's in the kitchen helping more often than when she's rocking on the couch. But she's definitely got a fingers all around her mouth and nose area thing. Whatever it is.
I do not recall them ever addressing it.
Maybe they are used to it?
Kinda like 🐖 and her nose rubbing habit?
Nobody's addressing that either. 😜
my friends 16 yr old autistic son smells his fingers all the time.

Reactions: 4
Hi!
I'm new. :D

I've been watching Fathering Autism for 2 years or more now. Ever since they did that episode of 'Special Books For Special Kids'.

I have thoughts:

- Abbie's progress has completely stalled. Honestly, I haven't seen her achieve anything "new" in probably the whole 2 years. If anything, she's gone backwards. She used to do some things like unpack groceries, unload the dishwasher, vacuum. I haven't seen her do any of those in months.
- Why is Asa so obsessed with Abbie learning her colours? It seems like they've been working on the same 3 for months and months. Some days she can do, other days she hasn't got a clue. Why are they continuing to bash away at this skill? I can think of at least 10 that would be of far more benefit to Abbie than knowing 3 colours.
- Abbie's entirely random signing. They say they want her to be able to communicate with the outside world and "we know what her signs mean", yet there is very little effort to correct her constant wrong usage. She signs "bathroom" constantly? For attention? Call her bluff and take her to the bathroom, MAKE her sit on the toilet. "That's not what you wanted? Then sign correctly". It's a bad habit they've allowed to escalate. "She uses bathroom to get out of stuff"? So what? She'll quickly realise that sitting on the toilet for 5 minutes is a hell of a lot more boring than whatever 30 second task she was asked to complete. Yes, she's intellectually delayed, but she's not stupid. She'll learn. Might take longer than the average kid, but she'll learn.
- Abbie's diet... She's getting chubbier by the month, but used to be very slim. I get that all teenage girls get a bit chubby at times, but it's linked to hormones usually, and I thought Abbie was on some sort of puberty/period delaying drugs? But then you look at what she's actually eating... Large bowl of sugary cereal, a doughnut "every day", multiple snacks, large meals. To be honest, she's probably reached her adult height. She doesn't need the "feeding up" you would give to a pre-teen. She needs the maintenance diet appropriate for a young woman.
- The rest of the family's diet. Asa is also getting fatter by the month. Pres doesn't seem to have lost any weight in months. Isaiah isn't getting any slimmer, and even Summer is filling out... And those tiny shorts Summer wears constantly... I just wanna be like "put your vag away Sum!"
- The stims. Honestly, that yelling stim would drive me absolutely bat-tit. I know you're not supposed to subdue stims, but I'm sorry, that one would have to go. It is so incredibly invasive on everyone else in the home. I don't think anyone on earth would complain or condemn them if they used ABA to see that one off.
Welcome ❤

Reactions: 7
I reckon she’ll lose the weight, could actually care less. I reckon she will get plastic surgery (already got fake teeth I think). Try to get a free tummy tuck etc become poster girl for mlm. She is really addicted to social media and appears to need that validation. It’s a house of cards though. Intangible, fake, inauthentic bull tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't think they've publicly addressed her nose picking habit. Usually if she starts doing it, Assa quickly edits it out. The first Vlog Becca did she was picking her nose right at the beginning but Becca ignored it and just kept talking to her.

Didn't Abbie pick her nose till it bled a few times in past vlogs? I remember a couple of vlogs where she wound up bloody when tinker🐷 was driving? I know she gagged herself as a stim, but did she cause herself to bleed when she did it?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think Abbie can be quite cute at times. She has nice skin, pretty eyes and adorable dimples. If she was NT and had ortho she would be a pretty teen girl. Unless of course Prissy over fed her to the point of being an obese teen. I find it funny that she is the only one who has her food monitored and food is kept locked away and she is the only one not getting fat in the entire family.

Maybe they should lock the food away from Prissy and Asa. Have it on timers where you cannot get any food from say 9 pm to 9 am.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I reckon she’ll lose the weight, could actually care less. I reckon she will get plastic surgery (already got fake teeth I think). Try to get a free tummy tuck etc become poster girl for mlm. She is really addicted to social media and appears to need that validation. It’s a house of cards though. Intangible, fake, inauthentic bull tit.
Maybe all the fat talk will push her to do it. She has a long way to go before she could get a tummy tuck, they would have to do skin reduction surgery also.

She does not have "fake" teeth.

Reactions: 9
Didn't Abbie pick her nose till it bled a few times in past vlogs? I remember a couple of vlogs where she wound up bloody when tinker🐷 was driving? I know she gagged herself as a stim, but did she cause herself to bleed when she did it?
Dang. I forgot about that!!!
She had nosebleeds in at least 2 vlogs.
One time in the car - that we saw.
I can't remember if they showed the other time.

Reactions: 10
If she’s completed five miles I’ll show my arse in the shopping mall.

You can’t possibly go from zero to five miles so quickly in her physical condition, what a big fat liar (literally )
Oh hell yeah...she is totally lying.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Maybe all the fat talk will push her to do it. She has a long way to go before she could get a tummy tuck, they would have to do skin reduction surgery also.

She does not have "fake" teeth.
I thought she was getting veneers and implants, but I agree with you!

Reactions: 4
All kids pick their nose. The #1 cause of nosebleeds in children is picking with allergies being a secondary thing. Or even allergies causing nose itching etc, scratching and bleeding. It is very common.

Reactions: 7

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.