Fathering Autism # 32 Dunkin and pool dippin', mention photoshop and she's a flippin'!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If P is so excited about this peleton bike why couldn't she cycle on a normal bike around the area she lives in, it looks very pleasant and she'd get some fresh air. I just don't get why she'd postpone the 30 mins four times a week to wait for the ugly piece of gym equipment in her living room to do it on. I get it's hot there but she's up early and could go then when it's cooler and there's less traffic.
Exactly! Thatā€™s the time I ride. I get started between 7 am and 8. Itā€™s delightful.

Reactions: 9
She didn't tag Peloton on this post....it was the name of the farm the peppers came from. It was a cringey post - Abbie stuffing her face and P making fun of her doing it....ugh
Again with mixed messages to Abbie.
JSA is not going to have fun with her when school starts up again .
IMO the meltdowns and tantrums are going to get worse, boredom, hormones and frustration is a bad combination.

Reactions: 19
Sorry I'm still catching up from yesterday, it's been a a little hectic here. The term redneck as it was truly meant to be is exactly what my family is. I grew up on a farm, hard working outdoor folks and I take pride in that! My step father was the hardest working man I've ever known. The term redneck gets thrown like it's a bad thing. I'm beginning to think I don't fit in here at all.
I live in an area with rednecks. They are my neighbors and the gun carrying, pickup truck type. And they will gather around in a community to help neighbors in distress, are the first ones to bring over food or organizing meal trains, and talk rough but are really kind genuine people.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The poloton bike will end up in the carport along with the treadmill and Abbie's bike.

Reactions: 14
Theyā€™ll come up with a overly fabricated reason as to why she (they) had to stop using the Peloton. Nala was getting caught up in the spokes or Sandy was trying to bite her ankles, as if she was chasing after her. And of course because Peloton sends someone to assemble it, they (A & I) arenā€™t able to move it to room with a door. Besides, we all know that there is more than enough weight upstairs.
LOL I do not want Nala in the spokes but that absolutely cracked me up!
šŸ˜ŗšŸ˜ŗ

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I donā€™t think their house is very welcoming, itā€™s all very neat and sterile, no warmth or coziness. I live in a house That is over 100 years old and still has a lot of itā€™s original features, I have tried to furnish and decorate to compliment itā€™s style..
That house just feels cold and impersonal.
My sister in law or should I say my brothers widow (I no longer associate w/her) kept their house like that. You were on pins and needles scared that you were gonna mess something up. My parents and I lived in a different state and when we visited we stayed at their house. One visit, when we walked in (and had REMOVED our shoes) she grabbed a broom and swept behind us!! My dad looked at her and said, ā€œIf you do that again, weā€™ll not stay here againā€. My brother said, ā€œI tell her that all the time, but she wonā€™t listenā€. Bless his heart, how her put up with her for almost 25 years is beyond me.

šŸ˜ŗšŸ˜ŗ
Oh no me either! I love animals ā¤. Iā€™m just saying that will be one of their lies LOL

• Heart
Reactions: 7
P on the Peloton reminds me of one time I went on a work trip with a lady that was about P's size (maybe smaller)... and we went to the hotel workout room. She got on the stationary bike (not even a peloton.. one with big cushy seat) .. and she bent the seat. When she got off the top of the seat was facing the wall instead of the ceiling.... :sneaky:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
The poloton bike will end up in the carport along with the treadmill and Abbie's bike.
Maybe that mechanical genius Asa will mount wheels on the Peloton base. And then Summer can push Princess on her trike, and Isaiah can push HRH Big Prilly down the street together!!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
šŸ˜ŗšŸ˜ŗ
Now you got me picturing P as the Wicked Witch and ToTo but Nala... Iā€™ll get your little cat too! Hahahaha! P riding on her bike... for 2 minutes.. then heart palpitations.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think you were right too. We are in some uncertain times right now. If you had stopped and god forbid needed help you may not have gotten it. It's to the point where you're on your own these days. Only thing you could have done was get to a safe place and call the guy some help...and maybe someone would come.
Yes, I was quite close to home. I jumped in the shower immediately and didnā€™t think to call anyone. šŸ„ŗ. My husband has me on Life 360 now and can track me on my bike - just in case. And of course, I always have my phone and Apple Watch on me.

Reactions: 9
Same here. My house was built in the 1840ā€™s. I have some old family furniture but the majority of my stuff is from when we first moved on and with five kids still home it looks like we live here. Actually my basement caved in over the winter and today they are ripping off the back walls and repairing it. I waited until we saved to pay cash. I was tempted to just redo all of the rooms across the back but ran out of money. Next year. Their house is pretty but I wouldnā€™t want to live in it.
Same!

A lot of my friends and family buy and then gut. However my parents always raised me by, " if it isn't broken don't fix it.". My childhood home looked like it was straight out of the 70s until the early 90s and I loved it. My husband and my first townhouse was straight out of the 1980s...we loved it and replaced/fixed things as needed. Our home today is early 90s- 00s, which to us is perfect. We prioritize repairs over cosmetics and keep things as neutral and comfy as possible...I love furniture with a family story/history.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's Monday. So the Pelaton bike should be there! šŸ˜„ Guess we will have to wait till Wednesday to see the grand unvailing!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My sister in law or should I say my brothers widow (I no longer associate w/her) kept their house like that. You were on pins and needles scared that you were gonna mess something up. My parents and I lived in a different state and when we visited we stayed at their house. One visit, when we walked in (and had REMOVED our shoes) she grabbed a broom and swept behind us!! My dad looked at her and said, ā€œIf you do that again, weā€™ll not stay here againā€. My brother said, ā€œI tell her that all the time, but she wonā€™t listenā€. Bless his heart, how her put up with her for almost 25 years is beyond me.

Oh no me either! I love animals ā¤. Iā€™m just saying that will be one of their lies LOL
I grew up in a house like that. Not a fancy house by any means, but my mother was a cleaning nut. We had a couch in the living room that we werenā€™t allowed to sit on - for the 14 years we lived there. My parents were married for 66 years. As a kid I always thought divorce was around the corner. Fought like cats and dogs, but I guess they loved each other. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 10
Watermelongate 2020: I would have absolutely zero fucks to give about a kid (of any age) eating watermelon like this - it's fun, it's sensory - go for it. How many of us have pictures of our babies/toddlers covered in spaghetti or doing a cake smash? I have 2 main concerns with Abbie, however. One, as has already been mentioned, Abbie has issues with food and it's probably not the best idea to let her 'play' with it. And two, why would you, as the parent of an ND child, post pictures of her eating something in the manner that some people online would describe as 'animalistic' (no shade to anyone here - I understand where you're coming from).

I feel the same way about anything A&P post that disrespects Abbie's basic dignity as a human being. Like that picture from the other day where she looks so sad and distressed - why would you share that with the world (or at least your followers)? It's just one more way that they cross boundaries - let's post unflattering pictures, tickle/yard Abbie into the pool, show her having tantrums/meltdowns, ignore her when she's trying to get attention, etc. To me, it's just a highly irresponsible and insensitive way to parent.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's Monday. So the Pelaton bike should be there! šŸ˜„ Guess we will have to wait till Wednesday to see the grand unvailing!
Maybe even Thursday. P is probably sore from trying on the special shoes and filling her water bottle.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Same!

A lot of my friends and family buy and then gut. However my parents always raised me by, " if it isn't broken don't fix it.". My childhood home looked like it was straight out of the 70s until the early 90s and I loved it. My husband and my first townhouse was straight out of the 1980s...we loved it and replaced/fixed things as needed. Our home today is early 90s- 00s, which to us is perfect. We prioritize repairs over cosmetics and keep things as neutral and comfy as possible...I love furniture with a family story/history.
I know I love original features. I still have the original coving round the ceilings and an original Victorian fireplace in the bedroom. Itā€™s warm and cosy, just how we like it, lots of Tiffany lamps and a couple of small chandeliers, throws. Itā€™s not everyoneā€™s cup of tea but I love it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Saw the picture of Abbie digging in that watermelon with her hands and just had to say that that is absolutely disgusting. Yeah you can eat watermelon with your hands but Iā€™d assume most sane and non barbaric people have them cut out in chunks as @Gambit had indicated. They way Abbie is eating it is definitely animalistic to me. No offense to any of you who think that itā€™s ok.

Also wanted to ask why so many are so curious about her doctor appointment? Hasnā€™t it been said and known many times that this channel is not about autism awareness anymore? I feel like just because they always talked about her visits before, it doesnā€™t mean they need to do so always. Plus, you donā€™t know how many times she goes in to see the doctor (unless you somehow do)...just feel like itā€™s nobodyā€™s business but their own if they want to share or not.
I for one think it was to shut us up about wondering if she ever goes to the Dr for check-ups, and since they didn't talk about her visit I think they made it up .

Reactions: 6
Wow, I was diagnosed with POTS also, at the age s of 54; I swore I was dying...
Me three, at fifty, five years ago. I think knowing these things help other tattle users the "journey" we've been on. Everyone has reasons for their thoughts on things.

Theres days I still think I'm dying and pass out daily.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.