Fathering Autism #3 3 Kids, 2 Daily Dunkins, 1 Huge Exploitation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Crazy that an AUTISM AWARENESS channel didn't give resources and show how the process of going to one of these dances goes. I'm kind of surprised they didn't team up with them or something. Then again maybe they tried and the event wasn't having it :LOL:

Reactions: 11
Crazy that an AUTISM AWARENESS channel didn't give resources and show how the process of going to one of these dances goes. I'm kind of surprised they didn't team up with them or something. Then again maybe they tried and the event wasn't having it :LOL:
Sadly, they don’t really need to do this. Most of these events had wait lists for attendants. In our area, 2 churches did it last year and the day registration was opened, it was full after 5 minutes at both. This year, another church opened up their church for it, the other 2 churches and the 3rd church were full within 2 days..
Each place has their own rules. The other 2 churches accepted members only and always filled up with them via contacting their office.. The third church just accepted anyone and filled up quickly via an online form..
So, just showing the link would work because of the differences.
I will say, I hate that they announced her the way they did. There was an area to place a group home on our registration but that was it. That was just for pick up security. Also, I am glad that they regulated them to the parent room. Did you’ll see someone was mad that they didn’t get a picture of Isaiah and Abbie dancing together and they acknowledged that Isaiah was busy with his buddy? Seriously? Even if they did share a dance, pictures were not necessary and who would have even taken it?
Also, it makes me sick that they complained about the other parents. That is my networking time, when I go to events. I think A & P were more worried about all the downtime that they weren’t filming.. That night was totally for Abbie, not them. They didn’t even have to stay, they could have went out on a date night even..
For anyone that doesn’t know, the parents don’t have to supply the buddies. The Buddies are volunteers and anyone can sign up to be one. They require a training night and there are plenty of others around, if something happens. It is completely locked out and unless a child just needs a parent or certain worker to stay with them, they are to stay with their Buddy. My daughter’s respite worker took her and she was regulated to the parent room.. She got to network herself and was there if my daughter needed her..

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Sadly, they don’t really need to do this. Most of these events had wait lists for attendants. In our area, 2 churches did it last year and the day registration was opened, it was full after 5 minutes at both. This year, another church opened up their church for it, the other 2 churches and the 3rd church were full within 2 days..
Each place has their own rules. The other 2 churches accepted members only and always filled up with them via contacting their office.. The third church just accepted anyone and filled up quickly via an online form..
So, just showing the link would work because of the differences.
I will say, I hate that they announced her the way they did. There was an area to place a group home on our registration but that was it. That was just for pick up security. Also, I am glad that they regulated them to the parent room. Did you’ll see someone was mad that they didn’t get a picture of Isaiah and Abbie dancing together and they acknowledged that Isaiah was busy with his buddy? Seriously? Even if they did share a dance, pictures were not necessary and who would have even taken it?
Also, it makes me sick that they complained about the other parents. That is my networking time, when I go to events. I think A & P were more worried about all the downtime that they weren’t filming.. That night was totally for Abbie, not them. They didn’t even have to stay, they could have went out on a date night even..
For anyone that doesn’t know, the parents don’t have to supply the buddies. The Buddies are volunteers and anyone can sign up to be one. They require a training night and there are plenty of others around, if something happens. It is completely locked out and unless a child just needs a parent or certain worker to stay with them, they are to stay with their Buddy. My daughter’s respite worker took her and she was regulated to the parent room.. She got to network herself and was there if my daughter needed her..
Where did they complain?

Reactions: 4
Having Abbie announced the way they did truly shows that they think of her as a commodity not a person. Have they thought about their so called branding when abbie is 18 ... they seem to like to ignore the so called elephants in the room with all the sneaky backhanded things they have done coming out and seem to feel that they are so wonderful that the money will keep rolling in no matter what they do...one word IDIOTS

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Having Abbie announced the way they did truly shows that they think of her as a commodity not a person. Have they thought about their so called branding when abbie is 18 ... they seem to like to ignore the so called elephants in the room with all the sneaky backhanded things they have done coming out and seem to feel that they are so wonderful that the money will keep rolling in no matter what they do...one word IDIOTS
I love how you said this! 100% truth IMO.
Every single word.

Reactions: 5
Asa reminds me of Jake Gyllenhaals character from the movie “NightCrawler”. The guy was a complete narcissist and would do anything to sell his recorded footage to news stations, so much so that he started setting up the scenes himself and used people along the way.

They have already started setting up scenes and playing their viewers. It’s not about autism anymore, it’s about how much footage they can get out there and profit off of.....and it also feeds their egos.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I love how you said this! 100% truth IMO.
Every single word.
Thank you..this family just makes me crazy and I'm sure other ppl have noticed but Isaiah seems to now be turning to the dark side. I give App State a year at best, after all I doubt A and P will be sharing the DD gift cards fans send with him

Thank you..this family just makes me crazy and I'm sure other ppl have noticed but Isaiah seems to now be turning to the dark side. I give App State a year at best, after all I doubt A and P will be sharing the DD gift cards fans send with him
Yep. I have noticed. Isaiah has no clue about real life. Those mountains will either make him or break him. Time will definitely tell which one it will be.
I just hope more and more people see the light and join in our discussions.
We gotta keep spreading awareness!

Reactions: 14
I’m holding out hope that Isaiah will find a life of his own in college that has nothing to do with his sister. He is accomplished and has his own interests and hobbies — I think he could go far in life if he can break free of his family.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Back when they were in their old house, just before their trip to California, they said they put together a new toilet training plan for Abbie and were going to work on it during summer. Then after all their vacations and moving, they never mentioned it again. My theory is that the insurance company (not sure if it is private insurance or Medicaid) denied more ABA hours. ABA isn’t ‘forever’ - it’s only while the person is progressing, and Asa said she regressed in toileting. It’s really too bad because it will limit her options when she is out of school if she is still in a pull-up; employers and community programs expect independent toileting. It is also a major risk factor for abuse if a worker needs to change a pull-up.
I was thinking this, one of the last regular vlogs I watched was this one they hyped up Abbie gaining independence and would stay strict. I actually thought fair play but then they went silent and never mentioned it and she’s still in pull ups its so sad :(

Reactions: 5
I’m holding out hope that Isaiah will find a life of his own in college that has nothing to do with his sister. He is accomplished and has his own interests and hobbies — I think he could go far in life if he can break free of his family.
I hope that for him also.
However.
🐖cilla is a smother mother (to him not Abbie) and Assa is a control freak.
It's gonna be hard. Especially if they hold the money.
If he is smart at all he will get a part time job and handle his own business.
He definitely could make extra money as a photographer. He has the talent.

I was thinking this, one of the last regular vlogs I watched was this one they hyped up Abbie gaining independence and would stay strict. I actually thought fair play but then they went silent and never mentioned it and she’s still in pull ups its so sad :(
Agree. There is no continuity in their vlogs, it's all random stuff and it's mostly about A&P now or what they are buying and where they are going.

If I was new to the autism world I would leave more confused than before. It's sad they they are so prominent now, getting featured in various media etc, it's one of the first places parents with newly diagnosed kids will find and that's what makes it even sadder. Viewing this family of lies, neglect and lack of knowledge in the thing they are supposed to be educating the public in.

EDIT: If families want to be featured as "advocates" or "educators" in a subject, then they should do everything in their power to speak to others in the community (including people with the diagnosis itself to get different viewpoints from caregivers/parents) and learn everything they can to spread the message outward. They have this massive following, tons of subscribers. Usually people invest sub money back into the channel and improve their knowledge somehow, what are they doing? Going on holidays, buying fancy cars, homes and flaunting it all on cam to see. It's just vile.

EDIT2: I have a suspicion that they don't talk about Abbie's toileting now because they just haven't bothered to see it through. They have become pre-occupied with their other channels, Tik Toks and not much else. If there has been progress with Abbie, why not update their thousands of fans, people putting money (stupidly) into them to see progress. What do they get? a side show of me me me me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I hope that for him also.
However.
🐖cilla is a smother mother (to him not Abbie) and Assa is a control freak.
It's gonna be hard. Especially if they hold the money.
If he is smart at all he will get a part time job and handle his own business.
He definitely could make extra money as a photographer. He has the talent.
Unfortunately I don't think he will ever have a life of his own. Guilt is a powerful thing and they seem like the type of ppl who probably use it on him alot.

• Heart
Unfortunately I don't think he will ever have a life of his own. Guilt is a powerful thing and they seem like the type of ppl who probably use it on him alot.
Sadly, I agree. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree as they say.

I do hope we are wrong and that he does find his own way, it's needed. P has this whiny voice when she wants something. If something were to happen with them health-wise then you know for a fact Isaiah will be back on the first plane from where ever he is. I wonder if he's involved in this lawyer guardianship thing? They mentioned they were going to speak to lawyers in one of their vlogs recently. Interestingly Isaiah is now 18. Did they get him in before he leaves and says no?

Reactions: 4
Yep. I have noticed. Isaiah has no clue about real life. Those mountains will either make him or break him. Time will definitely tell which one it will be.
I just hope more and more people see the light and join in our discussions.
We gotta keep spreading awareness!
YES!! Lets make a youtube channel and call it Mocking Autism! We can all make video submissions of what we all think of the Maass's!! 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
omg that's so bleeping rude!!! The other parents are probably going to see, it's like they don't even care if people think they're rude
In their minds, what there is of them, they aren't rude, just being truthful and telling it like it is bro...ok you're pushing 40 assa take off the cap, the dollar tree sunglasses and stop already with the slang you're too freaking old to be using

• Haha
Reactions: 13
In their minds, what there is of them, they aren't rude, just being truthful and telling it like it is bro...ok you're pushing 40 assa take off the cap, the dollar tree sunglasses and stop already with the slang you're too freaking old to be using
Ugh I agree with the slang. "Super cute" is the worst and "100% legit" Sound ridiculous! I literally feel like slapping him through the screen!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.