Fathering Autism #3 3 Kids, 2 Daily Dunkins, 1 Huge Exploitation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a question about autism. P said that autism is not an illness. I have always viewed it as an illness or a disability, because it has had that effect on my brother's life. If my view is incorrect, I want to change it.
In the FB group Autism Inclusivity and bloggers such as The Aspergian they say that it is viewed as a disability but 'different not less' is the motto ;) I'd check out the page The Aspergian if I were you because they could explain it better than me lol...I'm not 100% sure haha but those are opinions I've seen :)

I'm autistic and I have to say it's definitely not an illness or a disease. It's simply a different wiring of the brain
Ditto!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Per Ps Instagram story they’re sitting on the outside complaining the parents there are boring

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Just watched "The Dress", the way the girls were all looking at Abbie was weird. It's like they were looking at someone on their deathbed give them a smile.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So Priscilla put a insta of the back of Abbie’s head and said if this gets 10k likes, we will post the full look. Well they deleted it at like 4.5k.

• Wow
  • Haha
Thank you for your input here! What are your thoughts on Abbie's intellectual disability? It seems that while many autistic people have above-average intelligence and normal everyday functioning, many like Abbie also have diagnosed IDD. You've said in another post you're upset because she doesn't get any autonomy. Are there specific things you had in mind here considering she has the mental capacity of a toddler? I am genuinely curious. :)
For me, the constant hand over hand and being shoved around when having meltdowns is a big pet peeve and is partly why I stopped watching them. Also the restraint, I get that she can run etc, but if someone were restraining me like they do to her I'd be terrified and would want to run even more...it's a horrible cycle and there have been lots of horror stories of autistic kids in schools being restained or secluded and they have PTSD. Read The Aspergian, it has some greta articles on the topic! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So Priscilla put a insta of the back of Abbie’s head and said if this gets 10k likes, we will post the full look. Well they deleted it at like 4.5k.
I don't think A&P even care that they are SOOO obvious with their exploitation now. Beyond sickening. Poor Abbie is nothing more than an income generator for them. They probably think "oh well, Abbie won't be able to look after us when we're old, she won't be able to buy us nice things so I'm gunna exploit the s**t out of her as payback". Dreadful people.

They are lazy parents, they cannot be bothered to give her the tools and homework she needs to have some sort of basic functioning in society. I definitely think they are deliberately holding her back as that's more views. They don't stick to any plan, leave her to fester bored on the sofa all day and feed her junk. I saw the CPS video and the Social Worker said "yeah Abbie is definitely not underweight", but that is such a black and white metric to measure nutrition on. Just because she isn't being starved doesn't mean she's been given nutritious food.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't think A&P even care that they are SOOO obvious with their exploitation now. Beyond sickening. Poor Abbie is nothing more than an income generator for them. They probably think "oh well, Abbie won't be able to look after us when we're old, she won't be able to buy us nice things so I'm gunna exploit the s**t out of her as payback". Dreadful people.

They are lazy parents, they cannot be bothered to give her the tools and homework she needs to have some sort of basic functioning in society. I definitely think they are deliberately holding her back as that's more views. They don't stick to any plan, leave her to fester bored on the sofa all day and feed her junk. I saw the CPS video and the Social Worker said "yeah Abbie is definitely not underweight", but that is such a black and white metric to measure nutrition on. Just because she isn't being starved doesn't mean she's been given nutritious food.
I agree. I think that now they have a little money and can comfortable neglect her without feeling guilty about it. She's fed and self-soothing on the couch and to them, that's good enough. They're living a comfortable life and since getting her to function would be more work than it would pay off for them, they won't bother.

Reactions: 8
For me, the constant hand over hand and being shoved around when having meltdowns is a big pet peeve and is partly why I stopped watching them. Also the restraint, I get that she can run etc, but if someone were restraining me like they do to her I'd be terrified and would want to run even more...it's a horrible cycle and there have been lots of horror stories of autistic kids in schools being restained or secluded and they have PTSD. Read The Aspergian, it has some greta articles on the topic! :)
As a fellow Autistic, I 100% agree. It enrages me.

There are many autistic people that don't like to be touched, especially light touch. How do they know this isn't bothering her and is then in turn causing her more distress and a reason to flee? It's like they know barely anything about their own daughter.

• Heart
That asshole better not be there filming it running around with his goon ass hat on backwards ..... parents will not be happy if he is !
I was hoping the same thing!! I can only imagine it will be like the school, he will "donate his talents" to be able to film for the viewers... If not, I can only imagine the hissy fit he will throw and I pray that they throw him out!

Reactions: 9
My thoughts on today’s blog that blue dress is hideous so frumpy I cannot believe that is what they chose for her. The shorter green dress looked absolutely stunning and very age-appropriate she looks like she is wearing someone’s curtains in that blue frock. Must have been on super clearance shame on all of them for making her wear that out in public. Also when Priscilla asked her if she liked it she clearly said no! Then someone else told her she is going to look beautiful in it and she said no. Not one single brain between the four of them choosing that dress for her. So so sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know EXACTLY why Asa edited this video the way he did. He wants it to go viral - Facebook, The Today Show, hey maybe Ellen will invite them on to chat. He thinks this is the video that will catapult him to stardom.

• Heart
  • Haha
As a fellow Autistic, I 100% agree. It enrages me.

There are many autistic people that don't like to be touched, especially light touch. How do they know this isn't bothering her and is then in turn causing her more distress and a reason to flee? It's like they know barely anything about their own daughter.
My child hates to be touched and we respect that. They don’t have a clue as to respecting boundaries and working with her limitations. I feel so bad for her.

Reactions: 12
Would Becca and Summer include Abbie in things they do with their friends? Why doesn’t Abbie have any friends her own age? Is it not likely for someone where she is on the spectrum to have friends similar in age?

These are questions I should be able to ask them but they won’t answer. Cult members would probably attack me.

Last edited:
Would Becca and Summer include Abbie in things they do with their friends? Why doesn’t Abbie have any friends her own age? Is it not likely for someone where she is on the spectrum not to have friends similar in age?

These are questions I should be able to ask them but they won’t answer. Cult members would probably attack me.
it’s very likely for someone on the spectrum not to have friends depending upon their limited abilities it’s not uncommon at all, especially if the person has Aspergers. We struggle with this all of the time. I don’t have a problem with Abby not having friends what I do have a problem with is all of the insisting that she does when clearly she cannot socialize at all. Someone liking you doesn’t make them a friend (aka summer). A friendship is a mutuality of common interests and conversation none of which they have so they need to be honest and just say summer loves her and that’s fine but it doesn’t make them BFFs by any stretch of the imagination.

• Heart
They recorded the Father Daughter dance
Urgh, I wonder how the other parents felt knowing their kids were put on YT for the world to see. Should've blocked out the other kids faces at the very least. Unreal.

• Sad
Would Becca and Summer include Abbie in things they do with their friends? Why doesn’t Abbie have any friends her own age? Is it likely for someone where she is on the spectrum to not have friends similar in age?

Abbie does not seem very interested in people in general. Unless they come with a fistful of Nature Valley Bars.

• Haha
Something I noticed on that court paperwork.
They do not have Assa's correct address.
They will have it next week, by damn. 😆
Also the paper was dated December 12, 2019 but it wasn't actually filed until December 20, 2019.
So.
The chances of him catching that up by Christmas...pretty damn slim.
And to think of all the excess they had going on in December...
#shithooks

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.