Fathering Autism #3 3 Kids, 2 Daily Dunkins, 1 Huge Exploitation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's something so off putting to me that he pretended like he wasn't there/doesn't appear on the video and purposefully made it look like a girl's day when it wasn't. I can't put my finger on why it bothers me but it does.
Hmmmm....let me guess why it might bother you....cuz it bothers me too.
Maybe Assa is a pervert.
Secret peeper pervert.
He gets his thrills from it.
IMO

Reactions: 9
he is trying so hard to evoke emotion with that vlog, and sadly, so many people are eating it up and claiming to be crying in the comments. he also ignored a chance to make an actually valuable awareness video - what is it like to go clothes shopping with her, did they do any ABA work to get her used to trying on clothes (which is imo different from just getting dressed in the morning, you're doing it repeatedly and looking at things like fit, etc), do they have any sensory issues with clothes that they have to keep in mind? but nope, here's just 5 minutes of trying to be artsy, and yes, coming off very creepy in the process.

I'm sure he will be, but I sincerely hope he isn't filming at the event. not just for the sake of everyone else's experience (and privacy) who is attending, but because...isn't the point to let her have a "normal" dance experience? would another family vlogger with a neurotypical 14 year old follow her around her school dance with a camera??

Reactions: 14
I don't like that dress on her at all. The way she slouches makes it look horrible. The green one was much nicer, and a much better choice IMO.

Back when they were in their old house, just before their trip to California, they said they put together a new toilet training plan for Abbie and were going to work on it during summer. Then after all their vacations and moving, they never mentioned it again. My theory is that the insurance company (not sure if it is private insurance or Medicaid) denied more ABA hours. ABA isn’t ‘forever’ - it’s only while the person is progressing, and Asa said she regressed in toileting. It’s really too bad because it will limit her options when she is out of school if she is still in a pull-up; employers and community programs expect independent toileting. It is also a major risk factor for abuse if a worker needs to change a pull-up.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't like that dress on her at all. The way she slouches makes it look horrible. The green one was much nicer, and a much better choice IMO.
I agree...
I guess because of the way she sits and flails around they needed to get the longer one.
Also the longer one hides the pullup better.
IMO

Reactions: 3
Omg. The comments on YT.
These people are actually crying over a damn dress!!
It's a 👗!!
Abbie will not even know where she is or that she's even wearing it, IMO.
That's the part they should cry about!!
Those naive "fans" are so invested in their lives.. I have seen them post they were sick with worry when they dont hear from them on time... I agree it is much more emotional that she won't know where she is... probably didn't realize the point even to trying on dresses or what it was even for.. and why P and all the "girls" were staring at her the entire time acting all sappy.

I bet their was lots of editing of those scenes.. I can't imagine Abbie enjoys putting on dresses and taking them off like that... wonder how many meltdowns she had in the process?

• Heart
I'm sure he will be, but I sincerely hope he isn't filming at the event. not just for the sake of everyone else's experience (and privacy) who is attending, but because...isn't the point to let her have a "normal" dance experience? would another family vlogger with a neurotypical 14 year old follow her around her school dance with a camera??
at the event in our community, parents need to wait in the parent’s room. They are not supposed to be at the party with the kids

Reactions: 8
at the event in our community, parents need to wait in the parent’s room. They are not supposed to be at the party with the kids
thank you for sharing that!! that's really good to hear.

lol that would never in a million years stop Asa. I bleeping hate that he ignores all rules and social standards.

Guys like him rely on people not wanting to be confrontational, so he'll push and push knowing they don't want to cause a scene.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
he is trying so hard to evoke emotion with that vlog, and sadly, so many people are eating it up and claiming to be crying in the comments. he also ignored a chance to make an actually valuable awareness video - what is it like to go clothes shopping with her, did they do any ABA work to get her used to trying on clothes (which is imo different from just getting dressed in the morning, you're doing it repeatedly and looking at things like fit, etc), do they have any sensory issues with clothes that they have to keep in mind? but nope, here's just 5 minutes of trying to be artsy, and yes, coming off very creepy in the process.

YES!

It makes me wonder if this is also to distract from IDD. If this would have been a reg vlog, it would have showed Abbies disinterest in the dresses and what it’s really like shopping with her. Even with the usual vlog style, there is a lot of cuts i. the video so most of the time we don’t see how Abbie truly reacts in certain situations.

YES!

It makes me wonder if this is also to distract from IDD. If this would have been a reg vlog, it would have showed Abbies disinterest in the dresses and what it’s really like shopping with her. Even with the usual vlog style, there is a lot of cuts i. the video so most of the time we don’t see how Abbie truly reacts in certain situations.
I think there also could have been some value in saying "Some of this is just for the parents, and that's okay." That's an important message that a lot of people probably need to hear instead of pretending it means anything to her.

Reactions: 13
I think there also could have been some value in saying "Some of this is just for the parents, and that's okay." That's an important message that a lot of people probably need to hear instead of pretending it means anything to her.
Yeah but that would require them being decent human beings and truthful.
They will never be either. IMO.

Reactions: 5
That asshole better not be there filming it running around with his goon ass hat on backwards ..... parents will not be happy if he is !
That would be a serious safeguarding issue for all the vulnerable kids and in no way should he be allowed to film. Where I am, parents are not allowed to record anything in regards to school performances/dances. It all must be done and organised by the school. Some parents also tick a box saying "I do not want my kid filmed/photographed".

Reactions: 6
That would be a serious safeguarding issue for all the vulnerable kids and in no way should he be allowed to film. Where I am, parents are not allowed to record anything in regards to school performances/dances. It all must be done and organised by the school. Some parents also tick a box saying "I do not want my kid filmed/photographed".
They've filmed in the classroom and at multiple holiday programs so I'd be shocked if they don't film this. It's a shame.

• Sad
They've filmed in the classroom and at multiple holiday programs so I'd be shocked if they don't film this. It's a shame.
Absolutely awful. A$a is so selfish, narcissistic, it's all about the views and $$ for him, never mind the other vulnerable kids in the school. He cares not a jot.

• Heart
I wonder if there's a hierarchy of parents at the school based on income. It's like $40k a year so families are either rich af or low income and using scholarships/assistance/etc....

I went to a private school when I was younger and it was definitely like that. The rich parents ran everything and had their say.

Reactions: 6
You are so right. This is solely for them, Abbie hasn’t a clue what is going on. All the silly comments on YouTube, tell Abbie she looks beautiful, she will be belle of the ball. It’s so silly, she just sat on the floor for half the video and it was heavily edited at that.
As predicted the comment I posted has been deleted

yes!! she isn't aware she's missing out on these "moments", so this is absolutely more about them than her. and that's okay!! they could acknowledge that and be honest about it and that could be a really good thing for them to say. but of course, why address real issues when he could just gloss over them with a fancy edit...

Reactions: 10
They recorded the Father Daughter dance

• Sad
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.