Fathering Autism #28 Wet dog smells and laundry in a pile. Nose rubs & pool baths. Oh so vile!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a vlog a few days ago where Abbie was hovering over Isaiah while he was having his dinner. Of course, A&P did nothing. It should have been dealt with immediately. No, she wasn't actively grabbing the food off of his plate, but she was literally standing looking over his shoulder as he was eating, looking for an opportunity.

I wish A&P would make at least half the effort with Abbie that you do with your kids. As it is now... I'd say they make like a 25% effort. If that.
there was a vlog like a week or two ago Assa made Ribs and Isaiah was eating, she walked quietly up to him then very quickly attacked his plate and Asa was right there filming and did nothing but laugh and ask if it had a bone in it. Way to correct the behavior Asa! I would not tolerate my kids doing anything close to that typical, autistic or severely idd doesn’t matter you correct it. She’s a young woman yes with a toddler mind but she’s not an animal

• Heart
Reactions: 22
there was a vlog like a week or two ago Assa made Ribs and Isaiah was eating, she walked quietly up to him then very quickly attacked his plate and Asa was right there filming and did nothing but laugh and ask if it had a bone in it. Way to correct the behavior Asa! I would not tolerate my kids doing anything close to that typical, autistic or severely idd doesn’t matter you correct it. She’s a young woman yes with a toddler mind but she’s not an animal
Good catch. I had forgotten about that. It definitely should not be tolerated. I get that it happened quickly but if they know she has issues with that, it's something they need to be mindful of and act on when she's around food. I also think that was another situation where Asa thought it was 'cute' and that the viewers would find it cute, too.

I think they obviously know when she’s just trying to get out of things because she has gone to bathroom just minutes ago. So I see why they say no but I think they should probably let her have some alone time and not be all in her face when she does that. Even in the pool area ... stop tying to force her in the pool. Can they do things gradually like let her sit outside and watch the fun, and then decide when she wants to go in? I don’t know too many people that will just jump in the pool immediately before chilling for some time. It bothers me when they put her on that slide against her will. Sorry but that is not going to make her a typical teenager.
You're right. There are times when it's very obvious that she doesn't really have to go. But that isn't the case every time. It's kinda tricky and as I said, they've done it to themselves with their lazy attitudes.
As for the pool, I think what you've suggested is great. Just let her hang out and do her own thing. I think if they did that, they'd be surprised at how she would begin to get in the pool - on her own - more often. The times she's jumped in the pool herself, it was at a time of her choosing and no one was crowding her and forcing her. Plus, they more they engage in this aggressively forcing her into the pool, that's just going to build a negative association for her and make her even more resistant. It bothers me, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
You make a very excellent point. So far, the only time I've seen anything remotely resembling some kind of ''schedule'' when it comes to her toileting is that they always made her go to the bathroom as soon as she got home from school. Aside from that, it seems to be just whatever. Yet again they've put themselves in a difficult spot by not teaching her (or at the very least actively trying to teach her) more signs. There are sometimes Abbie uses the bathroom sign to get out of doing something and also, I think, because she knows it's a way for her to get some alone time. The problem is, like you said, how do they distinguish when she actually needs to go and when she's just trying to get out of something or wants a break? I mean, I suppose you could sort try to time it from when she's eaten or whatever but we know A&P wouldn't do something even remotely like that because it would require those two magical things: Effort and consistency!
IMO I think if they believe she’s doing it to get out of thing’s then every time then they should take her every time make her pull her pants down sit there for a few then make her pull them up wash her hands do the whole routine and eventually she’ll get sick of it cause that’s not what she she really wants when she signs bathroom so if she knows they’ll take her and make her do all that work then maybe she’ll stop signing it constantly and only when she has to go. There are sooooo many things they need to be consistent with and not minor things like major. Her grabbing everybody’s food, the yelling, The aggressive/violent behavior and the tantrums she takes when she doesn’t get her way. I’m sorry but a 15 year old child who has the capabilities of being potty trained should NOT be in diapers still. Asa and P are lazy and so is Abbie. You cannot cook or bake with her without her grabbing food animalisticly and shoving it her mouth. Or digging frosting or peanut butter out of the jar by the fistful with her hands and shoving it in her mouth. That behavior should have been stopped a long time ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Exactly! Plus, since Abbie attends a private school, it is NOT held to IDEA and they do not have to follow any IEP. They can say she needs to be placed away from peers, until she learns not to grab others foods.. If she continues to meltdown and have issues away from others, because she knows they are eating and cannot get to them, then they need to call A&P to pick her up from school...
In our area, we have very few special needs private schools but the 2 that we have, would not tolerate this behavior from a student and our public schools definitely wouldn’t (I know, I have subbed in those schools)... We actually had to send one home because of food grabbing...
My youngest son likes to hover sometimes over people and wait to see if they are going to eat all their food... We don’t even tolerate that behavior and he does get disciplined and has consequences for it, when we see it happening... I expect our kids to have appropriate table manners though...
He has said there are I.E.P.s there...theirs was in March I believe.

Reactions: 5
You know that noise that Abbie makes like they'll be doing something and out of no where you hear Abbie yelling it's like a foghorn. You know that noise she does. I couldn't live hearing that all the time. It must be so annoying, it often comes out of nowhere. I think we're all glad we don't live in that house.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Good catch. I had forgotten about that. It definitely should not be tolerated. I get that it happened quickly but if they know she has issues with that, it's something they need to be mindful of and act on when she's around food. I also think that was another situation where Asa thought it was 'cute' and that the viewers would find it cute, too.

You're right. There are times when it's very obvious that she doesn't really have to go. But that isn't the case every time. It's kinda tricky and as I said, they've done it to themselves with their lazy attitudes.
As for the pool, I think what you've suggested is great. Just let her hang out and do her own thing. I think if they did that, they'd be surprised at how she would begin to get in the pool - on her own - more often. The times she's jumped in the pool herself, it was at a time of her choosing and no one was crowding her and forcing her. Plus, they more they engage in this aggressively forcing her into the pool, that's just going to build a negative association for her and make her even more resistant. It bothers me, too.
One solution might be to tell her NOT to jump or go in the pool. Since they insist she is a "typical teenager", she won't listen and WILL go in the pool.

You know that noise that Abbie makes like they'll be doing something and out of no where you hear Abbie yelling it's like a foghorn. You know that noise she does. I couldn't live hearing that all the time. It must be so annoying, it often comes out of nowhere. I think we're all glad we don't live in that house.
The honking.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Could be anything. I'm actually the same way. I like cheese as an ingredient or a topper, but not really alone. I can eat it dont get me wrong, but I just dont enjoy it enough to want to snack on it.
Or it could be a texture issue. For example, I love orange juice, but the texture of an orange slice makes me want to gag. Cant eat them.
Peaches! Love the flavor, cannot stand the mouth feel, the skin is like eating felt.

I can see where Abbie would say "no" to cheese when she has cookies and her NVB right there, but what do I know?

If you need a laugh, just speed up the vlogs, watching P walk is hilarious.

I thought Isaiah putting Abbie in the pool so quickly was so weird then I noticed the top change as well. I wonder if she was taking her suit top off standing by the pool. She probably can't get her suit off in the water. Just conjecture. I did not know they had salt water pool...that is cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
One solution might be to tell her NOT to jump or go in the pool. Since they insist she is a "typical teenager", she won't listen and WILL go in the pool.

The honking.
Yes that's it thanks 😊 couldn't live with it. I like my peace and quiet. To hear that all the time I'd be on edge 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you, and everyone for the well wishes. Coming here has certainly been a bright spot the past 3 weeks! Now I have to go out. It's funny, when I couldn't go out I felt trapped. Now that I can, I'm still inside peering out...like....is it really safe? Danger! LOL. The mind really is fascinating.
FOGO is a real thing now...the “fear of going out”! I’m sure after being sick with COVID, it’s definitely hard to just pick up and walk out the door. Glad you’re back to good health!

Reactions: 8
From what I have seen the other family members do, would be impossible to teach Abbie not to do what they do. Asa teased her with his burger on TikTok. He walks by when P is cooking and tastes the food and I am sure P does it as well( I think that is normal family stuff) You can't tell me P doesn't put a spoon full of PB in her mouth when she opens the jar, of course she does. I can see Asa jokingly taking a bite of food from P or I's plate of food, many families do that in fun and jest.

The thing is, Abbie doesn't know the difference. The only way to try and curb that would be for the entire family to keep their hands off any food until a plate is in front of them, right? That ain't gonna happen!

Same thing with taking her to meetups and having her hug and touch strangers. Then she grabs a stranger at the aquarium. She just doesn't know the difference.

I am betting she does not do these things at as school as much as she does at home. I believe due to the school atmosphere and all the teachers and aids she is much more disciplined than at home. She probably knows that too, she feels it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Does Summer's 2 friends live in the same area as her parents?
I believe so since they were around 2 years ago as well. But Asa also mentioned that friends from New York would be at her house when he was talking about Isiah and Becca going.

Reactions: 2
I believe so since they were around 2 years ago as well. But Asa also mentioned that friends from New York would be at her house when he was talking about Isiah and Becca going.
Is that why he said that P bought the whole store cause young people can’t communicate? Sounded like they were expecting a lot more people than those two girls. Haha. People bailed and didn’t let them know. I mean who in their right mind would want to be in that house? I would have bailed too. And don’t call and ask me why I’m not there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Is that why he said that P bought the whole store cause young people can’t communicate? Sounded like they were expecting a lot more people than those two girls. Haha. People bailed and didn’t let them know. I mean who in their right mind would want to be in that house? I would have bailed too. And don’t call and ask me why I’m not there.
He is so passive aggressive it makes me sick.

Reactions: 12
Not sure the NY friends were at summers house though. It could be the same girls. Idk

They didn’t show the actual party at their house. I don’t think most people even know who they are. Probably just Summers friends from school or otherwise that she invited.

Reactions: 2
yeah...I can see the texts from Summer and company now inviting friends to a pool party. They respond with "where is this party?"...when they find out it is at the Maass Haass they reply well, maybe... (maybe not) I am sure they all know they will be constantly filmed, joined by two old fat fucks and 1 screaming toddler all evening. Yeah...I totally get not wanting to go.

Remember when they crashed someone's birthday party at a bar last year? So awkward. Leave them youngins' alone!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
A mother looks lovingly at her daughter...👺

View attachment 152959
If you go back and watch this part, you can sense the tension.
🐖 wanted a moment with her NT daughter. A special mother and daughter birthday gift moment.
Then, here comes Abbie.
She ruined it.
That screenshot captured the beginning of her forced fake smile in that moment.
Watch it again.
#shesabigfatbitch

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.