Fathering Autism #27 Lies, fake tears & flaunting. Look both ways and keep honking!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My thoughts on tonight’s vlog – Long post warning! lol

Abbie didn’t sleep last night. Woke up at three. Went to bed again at 10:30am. Apparently was yelling the entire time. Asa said 16 hours straight of the yelling stim. Not sure that math adds up but the basic message is that she was yelling for hours on end. They let her sleep until sometime after two o’clock in the afternoon, possibly 3:00pm. Now they’re going to wonder why she won’t sleep properly the following night.

Isaiah and P are late for picking up his school stuff. Isaiah jokes that’s because they’re the Maass’s and that’s what they do. Jokes about turning in school assignments at the last minute. I have an issue with people who are always late. Primarily because it shows disrespect for the ppl who are waiting on you and many times it shows you can’t be bothered to do what it takes to be on time. Let me be clear, I know there are exceptions to this and some people have specific circumstances that make punctuality difficult. But in the case of The Maass family – it’s laziness and disrespect. They get to it whenever they feel like getting to it and just expect that people will accept it. If you know that you have a tendency to be late – get up earlier to give yourself enough time, plan ahead so that you won’t be scrambling at the last second, make the choice to show respect to the ppl waiting on you.

Priscilla – Autism mom q&a ‘all the things’ show. Out of the pair of them, she is the LEAST involved with Abbie not to mention her dislike of Abbie as well. It’s a garbage person thing to do to try to give yourself the label of hardworking autism mom. Most of the time she wants nothing to do with Abbie and sees her as an annoyance and a chore. Only thing I agreed with was P telling Asa that he has his own whole channel, he doesn’t need to be a guest on her show. Lol

Asa talks about how slow Abbie is with her progress on things. Says she didn’t know how to use utensils to feed herself a lil bit before they started full time vlogging. He says they’ve been working on potty training for 10 years (doesn’t seem like they’ve been working too hard on it within the last year or two), he talks about time and perseverance, patience (Ha ha ha! 🤣 ) – ignores the fact that they put in almost zero effort in working on toilet training her and are very inconsistent with it. Maybe it wouldn’t have taken 10 years and still be on going if they had been more diligent and consistent with working on it.

P talks about they get a lot of questions about are they nervous about Abbie getting out of her seat belt in the golf cart. P says they don’t worry about it. Says that honestly Abbie doesn’t even need her harness anymore. P then says: “She knows that she would get hurt.” Then quickly contradicts herself and says: “I don’t know that she knows she would get hurt but she doesn’t want to get out of the vehicle.

Talking about Isaiah taking photos of the protests - Once again, Asa can’t look at the camera. He looks at Isaiah, he looks at the floor, off to the side. He’ll glance at the camera for a quick second but most of it is him being shifty eyed. He’s saying ‘all the things’ he thinks the viewers want to hear. Things that make it sound like he’s aware and in tune with the situation. “It’s not political, it’s humanity.”… ended with “That was my version of don’t @ me.”

I have more but this post is long enough… lol
Agree with everything and the late thing is my peeve, I once stopped hanging out with a friend bc she was constantly late, every single time....and she didn’t think it was an issue, she would argue that it was only 10 mins, when it would be 30...when I see my co workers ( the same ones) come in late all the time I think to myself if I was the boss I’d write their asses up....yep being late all the time just ticks me off...rant over

• Heart
Reactions: 16
These are the announcements for Patreon donations. I mean subscribers. She's unbelievable.

1591322781812.png

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I would be surprised if GDD is actually still a dx for her. It is generally for younger kids who have failed to meet milestones...but is a separate dx from IDD...the two are not exclusive.
You are so right ! IDD is more accurate. I was just surprised he admitted in print any specific type of additional dx. He's trying to gain as much leverage as possible with the autism label.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I would be surprised if GDD is actually still a dx for her. It is generally for younger kids who have failed to meet milestones...but is a separate dx from IDD...the two are not exclusive.
interesting. thank you.

Reactions: 4
I see no weight loss here. Unless her spanx push it all up and that's why she looks like someone over inflated her.

1591323237790.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Quoting myself bc my freaking tablet auto corrects stuff that shouldn't be. That should read inclusive, not exclusive. Ugh. My laptop bit the dust and I'm still under quarantine so stuck with the stupid tablet. And it doesnt even say "Nature Valley Bar". Piece of junk. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 14
They should use this screen grab for her weekly "Autism queen ask me anything show" That she's planning. I can see it now.

View attachment 146085
"Hiiii! I've lost 100 pounds from weight loss surgery. What's that? How much do I weigh? I weigh 1/3 of a full size sofa.
I noticed this as well. I was thinking WTF is she doing with her hands underneath those covers. It just looked odd to me. :unsure:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Agree with everything and the late thing is my peeve, I once stopped hanging out with a friend bc she was constantly late, every single time....and she didn’t think it was an issue, she would argue that it was only 10 mins, when it would be 30...when I see my co workers ( the same ones) come in late all the time I think to myself if I was the boss I’d write their asses up....yep being late all the time just ticks me off...rant over
I've found one trick that works most of the time with chronically late people. Tell them they have to be there 30 mins to an hour before the actual time. If they need to be there at five, tell them 4:30.
It's still a huge pet peeve of mine, tho.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Abbie is so happy riding her bike! I'm so proud of her that she's learning something new, and she's enjoying it as well. She works so hard, and I'm confident that she's going to be able to ride her bike on her own (w/o anyone pushing it or holding on to her) shortly! Go Abbie!

What is wrong with these subscribers?? lol

PLEASE GUYS I HAVE SENT A DM TO YOU BOTH ON IG, I felt that it is very important to read. Please read it. Thanks.

And do the Mass' really reply to messages??

• Haha
I find it interesting that P is suddenly going to have her own Q&A show.
This is an obvious attempt at damage control. That "P is crying" vlog made her look really bad. Not only does it look weak to need your man to defend you, she came off as uneducated and selfish....me me me.
I wish I knew whose idea this was. Asa doesn't like anyone else to have a voice and if she is live he can't edit her.
This could be fun. :) 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yep and wait until Isaiah gets in college and tries to hand in his first paper late... College Professors do not take lateness lightly...
Yes, GDD is definitely a “young child” diagnosis and Abbie would have outgrown that diagnosis years ago. All 4 of my children had that diagnosis at one time, from 6 months to around 5 years old, that is when PDD-NOS or even a full Autism diagnosis came out.
Again though, this makes me question if they have really gotten a private medical diagnosis away from the school. In our state, there are two different diagnoses. One is for school and the other is medical. She could even still get on waivers with the school evaluations.. The school evaluation just evaluates her on how her disability effects her educationally. A medical diagnosis rules out how she is effected in every day life, from school to home life...

Reactions: 9
I find it interesting that P is suddenly going to have her own Q&A show.
This is an obvious attempt at damage control. That "P is crying" vlog made her look really bad. Not only does it look weak to need your man to defend you, she came off as uneducated and selfish....me me me.
I wish I knew whose idea this was. Asa doesn't like anyone else to have a voice and if she is live he can't edit her.
This could be fun. :) 🤣
This would be so fun! I have got to see if I can “join in” the fun!!! Anyone else going to come and ask some questions?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.