Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

derr1117

VIP Member
I said something like “seeing as how there are lots of older women on here then there have to be some trumpsters.” Doesn’t mean I said everyone is a trumpster.
A GENERAL STATEMENT DIRECTED AT EVERYONE

There’s absolutely no need to drag politics in here, Unless it’s in reference to something the Maass’ said or did. It seems like posts sprouted off on their own and I could careless if you’re democrat, republican or independant. I like you no matter what. I think if you’re new to the forum, ease into the conversation and don’t come here with guns a blazing

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Scwid

This is from at least 3 years ago - P was writing that the site does not address the problems Abbie faces as a woman with autism. She posted a FA vlog to the site which was removed by the admins and this is what followed -

Priscilla Plaggenburg Maass reviewed Autistic Women & Nonbinary Network1 star
January 30, 2017 ·

Unfortunately this site isn't for ALL girls with Autism. I guess only higher functioning are welcome with their own thoughts. Pretty disappointed.
Autistic Women & Nonbinary Network
Nonprofit Organization
'Image is the AWN word cloud over a Pride flag rendered in paintbrush texture.'

Comments
It is for ALL autistic women and we do not utilize functional language here, as it ignores individual needs/abilities.

We do not allow content to be posted to our page which are disrespectful and/or exploitative to autistic individuals and this review has been left as a means of retaliation for the removal of that content. It's disappointing that you'd leave a false review simply because you disagree with our stance on not violating the privacy of an autistic individual and our stance on not furthering negative stigmas attached to being autistic.
LikeShow more reactions

Priscilla Plaggenburg Maass
I'm so happy that you have the cognitive ability to speak for yourself. Our daughter is our greatest blessing. We are so proud of her and her abilities. She truly works hard everyday for things others take for granted. We will continue to spread awareness and make others smile. We are proud advocates for ALL individuals with Autism. #autismprincess

·
Everyone can communicate for themselves. I am glad you are proud of your daughter and her abilities. Good luck on your journey and please honor & respect your daughter's autonomy

Autism Women's Network actually my daughter can't communicate for herself at this point. That's why I'm here for her. I will continue to honor and respect her as we have from day one. Please try to think about families who deal with this struggle day to day instead of just what you know about Autism. Different perspectives can really open your eyes to others less fortunate then yourselves.

Every person communicates. There are many methods of communication. Behavior is communication. Perhaps you should consider getting perspectives from autistic folks, so you can learn more about how your daughter experiences life? And please also consider that you don't know anyone's individual situation until you get to know them, so assuming someone is more or less "fortunate" than someone else is not exactly the best way to open your eyes and learn what being autistic is like for others :) - Jennife

Autism Women's Network yes she can communicate her daily needs to an extent but she wouldn't be able to get on here and have a discussion with you...believe me we are working on that. I don't think talking to another autistic person would help me with my daughter because everyone is different. When I say less fortunate I'm talking about this exact conversation. I assure you my daughter is an amazing young lady and she loves that her family rallies around her. Obviously you don't agree but that doesn't make it wrong, just different. This will be my last comment.

If you dismiss the possibility, you'll never know. I'm sure your daughter is an amazing young lady and don't disagree with you on that. It's great that her family rallies around her. However, you do need to understand that our lived experiences may be very similar. I am a grown woman and have learned and adapted over time. I may well have been in your daughter's situation when I was younger. But since you aren't opening to having a discussion or learning from autistic adults, you may never gain that insight. Open minds, open hearts. Again, good luck on your journey and all the best to your daughter. - Jennifer

Oh I was very open. You attacked my post and then deleted it without offering me that opportunity. I never said we dismissed the possibility of anything. If you actually went to our channel and watched our videos you would know that instead of making assumptions.

It was not attacked. It was explained why it was inappropriate for our page and then people made personal attacks on me for explaining that we do not post content which furthers a negative stigma of autism and/or exploits autistic people and/or violates the privacy or dignity of autistic people. I didn't need to make assumptions when the very clear disrespect and disregard for privacy & dignity is included in the first minute and a half of the video.

Autism Women's Network whose privacy/dignity are you talking about? Nothing in that video was inappropriate. We have a lot of autistic individuals who follow our videos and LOVE them so who are you to speak for everyone else who is autistic that has no problem with what we did. Like I said we are parents of a precious daughter. We live this everyday, we are allowed to have some fun once in awhile. Who made personal attacks? You need to be more open minded. It's okay there are plenty of other pages out there so yours is just one I won't follow or contribute to.

https://youtu.be/dXLDm9ON2DM

Here is one you may approve of.
Manage

YOUTUBE.COM

Occupational Therapy & Autism

The video includes a line about the autistic individual "making a BM" which is inappropriate. That isn't something to be joked about or shared with the world. It's exploitative for entertainment purposes. I get that you're trying to make things light-hearted for parents, but it shouldn't be done at the expense of someone's dignity.

Yes, you're a parent every day. I'm autistic every day. What exactly is the point you're trying to make?

I am speaking up for ME and other autistic individuals who don't believe in sacrificing dignity for your entertainment.

When someone said to ignore my "sour attitude" when all I did was explain why the content was inappropriate for our page, in a very diplomatic manner and then others decided to attack me, it was uncalled for.

I am plenty open-minded, but I will never accept that it is okay to exploit autistic people for your idea of fun.

This page is for autistic women and their allies. You are neither. So yes, please move along and have a wonderful day.
https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reacti...10371140773798_10210373172984602&av=699954028

It was a play on words...we were showing all the acronyms that go along with autism. Seriously though out of that video this is all you got from it. I'm sorry but there are bigger issues to worry about than two letters. That's good you are speaking for yourself. This wasn't about you. No one attacked you by saying you had a sour attitude. I assure you my community would highly disagree with you that I am an ally for autistic women, men, boys, and girls.

Gaslighting is abusive.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

alotdizzy

This is from at least 3 years ago - P was writing that the site does not address the problems Abbie faces as a woman with autism. She posted a FA vlog to the site which was removed by the admins and this is what followed -

Priscilla Plaggenburg Maass reviewed Autistic Women & Nonbinary Network1 star
January 30, 2017 ·

Unfortunately this site isn't for ALL girls with Autism. I guess only higher functioning are welcome with their own thoughts. Pretty disappointed.
Nonprofit Organization
'Image is the AWN word cloud over a Pride flag rendered in paintbrush texture.''Image is the AWN word cloud over a Pride flag rendered in paintbrush texture.'

Comments
It is for ALL autistic women and we do not utilize functional language here, as it ignores individual needs/abilities.

We do not allow content to be posted to our page which are disrespectful and/or exploitative to autistic individuals and this review has been left as a means of retaliation for the removal of that content. It's disappointing that you'd leave a false review simply because you disagree with our stance on not violating the privacy of an autistic individual and our stance on not furthering negative stigmas attached to being autistic.
LikeShow more reactions

I'm so happy that you have the cognitive ability to speak for yourself. Our daughter is our greatest blessing. We are so proud of her and her abilities. She truly works hard everyday for things others take for granted. We will continue to spread awareness and make others smile. We are proud advocates for ALL individuals with Autism. #autismprincess

·
Everyone can communicate for themselves. I am glad you are proud of your daughter and her abilities. Good luck on your journey and please honor & respect your daughter's autonomy

Autism Women's Network actually my daughter can't communicate for herself at this point. That's why I'm here for her. I will continue to honor and respect her as we have from day one. Please try to think about families who deal with this struggle day to day instead of just what you know about Autism. Different perspectives can really open your eyes to others less fortunate then yourselves.

Every person communicates. There are many methods of communication. Behavior is communication. Perhaps you should consider getting perspectives from autistic folks, so you can learn more about how your daughter experiences life? And please also consider that you don't know anyone's individual situation until you get to know them, so assuming someone is more or less "fortunate" than someone else is not exactly the best way to open your eyes and learn what being autistic is like for others :) - Jennife

Autism Women's Network yes she can communicate her daily needs to an extent but she wouldn't be able to get on here and have a discussion with you...believe me we are working on that. I don't think talking to another autistic person would help me with my daughter because everyone is different. When I say less fortunate I'm talking about this exact conversation. I assure you my daughter is an amazing young lady and she loves that her family rallies around her. Obviously you don't agree but that doesn't make it wrong, just different. This will be my last comment.

If you dismiss the possibility, you'll never know. I'm sure your daughter is an amazing young lady and don't disagree with you on that. It's great that her family rallies around her. However, you do need to understand that our lived experiences may be very similar. I am a grown woman and have learned and adapted over time. I may well have been in your daughter's situation when I was younger. But since you aren't opening to having a discussion or learning from autistic adults, you may never gain that insight. Open minds, open hearts. Again, good luck on your journey and all the best to your daughter. - Jennifer

Oh I was very open. You attacked my post and then deleted it without offering me that opportunity. I never said we dismissed the possibility of anything. If you actually went to our channel and watched our videos you would know that instead of making assumptions.

It was not attacked. It was explained why it was inappropriate for our page and then people made personal attacks on me for explaining that we do not post content which furthers a negative stigma of autism and/or exploits autistic people and/or violates the privacy or dignity of autistic people. I didn't need to make assumptions when the very clear disrespect and disregard for privacy & dignity is included in the first minute and a half of the video.

Autism Women's Network whose privacy/dignity are you talking about? Nothing in that video was inappropriate. We have a lot of autistic individuals who follow our videos and LOVE them so who are you to speak for everyone else who is autistic that has no problem with what we did. Like I said we are parents of a precious daughter. We live this everyday, we are allowed to have some fun once in awhile. Who made personal attacks? You need to be more open minded. It's okay there are plenty of other pages out there so yours is just one I won't follow or contribute to.

https://youtu.be/dXLDm9ON2DM

Here is one you may approve of.
Manage

YOUTUBE.COM

Occupational Therapy & Autism

The video includes a line about the autistic individual "making a BM" which is inappropriate. That isn't something to be joked about or shared with the world. It's exploitative for entertainment purposes. I get that you're trying to make things light-hearted for parents, but it shouldn't be done at the expense of someone's dignity.

Yes, you're a parent every day. I'm autistic every day. What exactly is the point you're trying to make?

I am speaking up for ME and other autistic individuals who don't believe in sacrificing dignity for your entertainment.

When someone said to ignore my "sour attitude" when all I did was explain why the content was inappropriate for our page, in a very diplomatic manner and then others decided to attack me, it was uncalled for.

I am plenty open-minded, but I will never accept that it is okay to exploit autistic people for your idea of fun.

This page is for autistic women and their allies. You are neither. So yes, please move along and have a wonderful day.
https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reacti...10371140773798_10210373172984602&av=699954028

It was a play on words...we were showing all the acronyms that go along with autism. Seriously though out of that video this is all you got from it. I'm sorry but there are bigger issues to worry about than two letters. That's good you are speaking for yourself. This wasn't about you. No one attacked you by saying you had a sour attitude. I assure you my community would highly disagree with you that I am an ally for autistic women, men, boys, and girls.

Gaslighting is abusive.
Wow, reading Priscilla get eviscerated by someone not putting up with her bullshit is exactly what I needed to go with my morning coffee, thank you so fucking much for sharing that.

"This page is for autistic women and their allies. You are neither. So yes, please move along and have a wonderful day." "Gaslighting is abusive." jesus christ that is SATISFYING AS FUCK to read.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

RocketQueen

VIP Member
Going back to catch up but just had to share... Yesterdays test was negative!! I have another tomorrow. If it comes back negative I can come out of my cave!
Im SO excited! Seriously. Forget P...I truly am!! 😷🥳:m:m
#20daysandcounting

• Heart
Reactions: 29

therealamylynn

VIP Member
What turned you away from being a fan?
Personally for me? When I got ghosted and attacked for asking a respectful question regarding Abbie's diagnosis. I had asked if she had any other diagnosis besides Autism. It was on a post about her sleep problems. I have a friend with a son with a severely IDD/Autism diagnosis and mentioned how the residential school he was in helped him with disorganized sleep by keeping him on an active day schedule. He was very similar to Abbie but honestly a bit worse. All I had ever heard was Autism re Abbie. So I asked if she had a dual diagnosis. I was eaten alive by other humpers who repeated that this was Fathering "Autism" and she had typical Autism and just what worked for my friends kid wasn't what would work for her. And then Asa replied that they (Priscilla and Asa) knew their kid'd diagnosis better than anyone and "good for my friend" whose kid got help. Then I was ghosted. So I read around a bit and saw another youtuber exposing his first daughter and I read for myself his rants on it. I had enough at that point to make up my mind.

They could be educating other families so much if they were just honest in what they deal with daily with Abbie, and how they work with her to help themselves and her. Not every family can spend huge amounts of money for an overpriced custom golf cart, adult trike and the other foolishness they show in their Vlogs. Instead they paint a false picture of a girl with Autism and some IDD. I would hate to be a parent with a child like Abbie thinking I had found another family like mine and find out that the only information they fed me was false hope.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

GymTanLaundry

Do you mean to tell me that Summer celebrated her birthday without her BFF Abbie? That’s crazy! It’s not like Abbie couldn’t get a ride ... her brother and Becca went down there. Why on earth was Abbie not at the party? Everyone knows your BFF HAS to be part of the party. Hopefully she sent gifts and a card. Makes no sense why she was not with Summer.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Gina

first post be nice !!
I started watching because I have a good friend who is severely autistic he’s non verbal ( talking a lot more) and I thought it would help me since we were going to visit them in California for 11 days. I’m also a social worker so I thought it would help with that also. I started noticing right away she was way more then autistic and wondered why they never spoke of it. They use to be very humble then they moved and I started watching less and less because I wasn’t getting anything from it. They never corrected behaviors or were very inconsistent. I felt and still do for Abbie. My friends son is 16 and the leaps and bounds he has made is amazing. I quickly learned they are fake and stopped watching them. I found this group because Asa mentioned it lol.

on a side note I have a 17 yr old daughter who is gluten free. I messaged pricilla about acne cream for teens. She says yes she has some that works great. I said is it gluten free she said “ I don’t know you can go look “. Ummm ok I was so turned off I can’t stand her smug attitude with her horrible expensive make up. And Asa thinks he knows everything and he actually knows nothing.

• Heart
  • Wow

Hotographer512

VIP Member
I want to talk about the Massives. I am here to talk about them.
It's clear we are all different here and nobody uttered a word about our differences until the end of the last thread.
Nobody cared. It was enjoyable! We may not have always agreed but it was civil and that was a wonderful thing. A rare thing infact.
This forum should not be a place to bash, berate and bully other members. For any reason.
Can we get back to the Massives?
I am sorta over the hate that is directed at members here.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

sachairiah

I think most of their viewers have a strange fascination with Abbie .. and think they are helping in some way by feeding into their delusions. Other viewers are there for the trainwreck...the delusion and the strange behavior that you can't look away from... I probably watch for the train wreck that is hard to look away from...

Maybe a few families of autism who are terrified their own children will turn out like Abbie.. and dont realize she has way more problems then just autism.

I would think the few that are there who want autism advice probably have moved on since they dont seem to be advancing Abbie in any way right now.
I started watching the maass's after my first was diagnosed, but before my second was. I came into the whole autism thing with more knowledge than most- having two autistic brothers and having taken behavioral modification courses (for all sorts of dx).

Then my second was diagnosed, and he didn't have the same skills. He... I know this isnt preferred, but he didnt have the same functional level. I was CONVINCED he was deaf/ hard of hearing because he would respond to anything. He screamed constantly.

I saw a lot in common between abbie and my second son. This is awful, but I would have panic attacks, constant nightmares. Terrified of what would happen when I died.

A&P about that time posted a podcast and P said something about not believing in government handouts. I remember being so mad, because I had applied for both my kids for respite. I would pay it myself if I could. But it was a needed break, you know? I wasnt even relaxing. I was booking appts, doing paperwork, and such for my kids.

Important work I couldnt do with my youngest in the house because he is constantly screaming, roaring, and honking. Trying to elope from the house, fecal smearing, and putting everything in his mouth (pica).

I still feel a lot of fear when I think of all my kid and Abbie have in common. But they really gloss over her IDD, and have left the majority of her care/ learning to others. Brandi and JSA should have seen more success. Asa and Priscilla not only dont follow up or keep consistent, but they actively teach her negative behaviours (food stealing).

I'm all over the place with this, but until quarantine, I really didnt see how hands off they were. And the extent of abbies IDD. Even without therapy over quarantine, we shouldnt be seeing this level of regression I feel like.

My son hasnt had therapy, we keep consistent, and while there was some regression, it's not like what we are seeing with abbie. The IDD is obviously impacting a lot and I would love to hear about it, as I suspect maybe my son has it too.
Hope you're all doing well.

• Heart

Hotographer512

VIP Member
Maybe finally Dunkin sent him the official cease and desist about their company?
Or Dear Assa, you need to STFU. We do not sponsor dads who exploit their kids for money and or dead beat dads.
Something happened.
And it really got him butt hurt. 😂😂😂
I love it.
Finally!!!

• Haha
  • Heart

Noir Fan

VIP Member
It's only rude when it's inconvenient to A&P. Not to other people.
My mother instilled in me promptness. I am always early. It less stressful to me and courteous to others. My daughter is also prompt..my son..well I hope he is.

I’ve had a hard week with my 96 year old mom. She hurt her knee a few weeks ago and has been on the downhill since. She is healthy for her age, but very depressed and confused. She calls me about 6 times a day. I don’t know what to say and I’m not allowed in her building due to covid. This page helps me get many laughs and is a huge “respite”...lol! Thank you, all!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

RocketQueen

VIP Member
Morning eveyone!
For Asa to leave the shot of Abbie in her wet pants on the vlog shows how little he is actually seeing through his editing screen. Either he himself didn't notice, or he did notice and hoped no one else would so he can show her carrying her bowl...you know, rockin those life skills they taught her that she wasn't learning at JSA.
Life skills Asshat? Get a grip.
I am years removed from working on ADL 's with clients but from what I can see Abbie has none. She cannot toilet consistently. She cannot comb her own hair, dress herself or brush her teeth. She cannot bathe properly. She can put on shoes..but nothing else. But hey Asa , you keep working on carrying dishes and setting the table...that will make all the difference for her!
Idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Purple Ruby

Chatty Member
The beginning of the end for me was watching them opening all the many gifts from their fans, everything that passed through Asa's hands was flippantly tossed onto the table rudely with a sideways flick of his hand, I know it's a small thing but it spoke volumes about his manners. Then his strutting importance and hogging the limelight with his 24ct gold opinions became more pronounced.
They went away somewhere overnight just the two of them and he spoke about them needing 'adult alone time' while P laid her head on his shoulder with a yes we had our yearly romp look :sick:, too much information for me. Ewww.
Reading the totally ignored comments from their cult following were just jaw dropping, from those comments I had visions of sad lonely people crying in front of a laptop, laughing hysterically about something not funny and declaring their undying love to people they had never met and who are never going to answer, they may as well shout into a black hole.
The uncomfortable meet ups were like watching lonely people desperate for a glimpse of their heroes, something about it all is just weird.
The daughter he was outed about and the damage limitation video where P cries....let's face it she cries on a daily basis anyway.
The buying of the house that had him simpering about making P's parents proud at last, I bet he made them tell him they were proud of him too. Ironic considering they could only buy that because of Abigail, not through his own talents.
I could go on but I won't.
I feel that they make a lot of money one way or another from mostly vulnerable people and it doesn't sit right.
p.s. I don't think they're overweight, they're just inflating from their own self importance.

Oh I have to add that I was never a leghumper, it was akin to watching a train crash, I'm far too cynical to ever be taken in by people such as them ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Jamiebeth

VIP Member
I genuinely like everyone here. Everyone disagrees sometimes...And often it isn't even a matter of disagreeing rather than the natural desire to be heard.
I feel (sometimes) people forget this is a snark site. It isn't meant to be that serious. I have laughed so hard since I joined here!
I do like everyone here, ( some more then others 😘☝🏻) I just don’t like the nastiness to other members that have different views, it’s ok to not agree, and discuss, but to be straight up nasty is not cool, we’re here to enjoy each other too..I write people off after their first nasty encounter with me no Pigs tears here! Just sayin! ❤

Watching their Vlog tonight I saw Abbie in the background. Her spinal curvature is getting worse. I wish they would address that somehow with her Dr. Later years she will be in a lot of pain.

View attachment 147877
Remember at the school ( OT) they had a rubber ball that they had her balance on her belly and reach for things, specifically for that hump on her back...now why can’t they do that at home, why can’t they create a little gym of some sort where she does light exercises, that’s what kills me bc her physical issues are more important then matching colors...I just don’t get it, my first concern would be her health

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Stripe69

VIP Member
I like the way Asa says they are working with sandy to stay in her cage with the door open, don’t you think it would be a good idea to work with your daughter on potty training.

• Heart
Reactions: 23