Fathering Autism #26 Over-buying & drinkin'.. What the hell are they thinkin'?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I was just reading about the #AutismChallenge on TikTok that’s been going around since May 15th. It’s absolutely disgusting! So what it is, is that they make fun of autistic stims to music as a dance challenge. I find it amusing that P, Summer and Isaiah use the app knowing it has discriminated against fat people and people with disabilities by blocking their videos because of those factors using the excuse they feel they will get bullied. Yet TikTok allows this challenge to happen. Yes they removed some but not all so that’s still allowing it.
Here’s a link telling more about it:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I finally finished watching yesterdays vlog. Took me several attempts. We were up late watching the local events with the riots and looting in our area. We are relatively rural but live in between several cities. The looters were driving from one to the other past our town. Our area was starting to open back up and now this. It worries me since we are still in the middle of a pandemic. Anyway, it was a bit scary here last night and rumors it will continue into next weekend. I know its everywhere right now and just wanted to say to everyone here, stay safe! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I finally finished watching yesterdays vlog. Took me several attempts. We were up late watching the local events with the riots and looting in our area. We are relatively rural but live in between several cities. The looters were driving from one to the other past our town. Our area was starting to open back up and now this. It worries me since we are still in the middle of a pandemic. Anyway, it was a bit scary here last night and rumors it will continue into next weekend. I know its everywhere right now and just wanted to say to everyone here, stay safe! ❤
Stay safe as well! We have to remember that there are good and honest protesters out there doing the right thing, but there are also some looters and no good folks in the mix. Thankfully my job has asked us to wfh this week... great, cause I don’t want to see what my city looks like in daylight now.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Lol did you see how they had the Mio when they went to lunch for Isaiah’s graduation? Lol! It was right next to P. They can’t drink pure water for once or what? Smh. I’ve heard of people taking their own hot sauce to restaurants ... but that’s a whole different story and need!
Used to go to an organization’s catered dinner every year. They only served water and tea so people would bring in soft drinks. Like water would hurt for one meal. It’s craziness.

• Haha
Stay safe as well! We have to remember that there are good and honest protesters out there doing the right thing, but there are also some looters and no good folks in the mix. Thankfully my job has asked us to wfh this week... great, cause I don’t want to see what my city looks like in daylight now.
Right...these were just the looters last night. The peaceful protest was Saturday and then the looters showed up and ruined it for them.

The only thing I took from yesterdays vlog...and it might have already been said...is they keep going on about P's small meals. That had me laughing!

• Haha
Anyone catch that awkward high five from Ms. Shenequah to Abbie, while the teacher was wearing a mask too. lol No hand touching! It’ll be tough for all. Imagine not understanding what is going on & suddenly everyone is wearing a mask & then celebrating the end of the school year, yet Abbie knows she hasn’t been in school. I guess I have to ask if the event was really necessary? It’s too confusing for these kids.
I thought it was awkward when that person asked them if they wanted vegetables. They prob watch the vlog.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There are plenty of vlogs at the old house and in one or two in the new house, where Abbie gets her own water. I really can’t understand why if she drinks water, a whole glass at a time, why add coloured sugar drops? I’m not in the US, and children in NZ are only ‘allowed’ water at school, and it has been this way since my daughter started school 25 years ago! She does not have a single cavity, and we have fluoride in our city treated water.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Lol did you see how they had the Mio when they went to lunch for Isaiah’s graduation? Lol! It was right next to P. They can’t drink pure water for once or what? Smh. I’ve heard of people taking their own hot sauce to restaurants ... but that’s a whole different story and need!
I would have a hard time drinking a glass of water at gunpoint. It's such a horrible experience for a lot of autistic people. For me, it tastes and feels like I'm drinking a glass of spit. I mainlined diet pop for most of my life but now have myself switched over to mainly Mio.

ETA: Happy Pride month, y'all!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I have seen Abbie drink water lots of times. What l don't remember seeing is her going to the kitchen. Getting a glass. Using the water dispenser. All unaided /unprompted.

Reactions: 14
My late dad, who was a real character, used to bring in his own vegetables to restaurants...onions, tomatoes, etc. It was so embarrassing...but years later I laugh about it. My whole family does. 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There are plenty of vlogs at the old house and in one or two in the new house, where Abbie gets her own water. I really can’t understand why if she drinks water, a whole glass at a time, why add coloured sugar drops? I’m not in the US, and children in NZ are only ‘allowed’ water at school, and it has been this way since my daughter started school 25 years ago! She does not have a single cavity, and we have fluoride in our city treated water.
P adds Mio to be extra. The kid wouldn’t know the difference she inhales everything so fast.

The schools have vending machines so they can buy soda, chips, and candy. Had them when I was a kid too.

And the US stopped putting fluoride in the water years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Certainly am. I’m going seeing my grandkids today for first time in Eleven weeks, we can go and visit in their garden but with social distancing, can’t wait.
Enjoy and HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂🎉🥂

I have seen Abbie drink water lots of times. What l don't remember seeing is her going to the kitchen. Getting a glass. Using the water dispenser. All unaided /unprompted.
They had 2 videos (1 I linked previously) 5 years ago showing her getting water and pouring her own juice, looking at them you can see her potential and how she's regressed

Yes she was being prompted but she knew what she was doing so probably another thing dropped by A&P.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
P adds Mio to be extra. The kid wouldn’t know the difference she inhales everything so fast.

The schools have vending machines so they can buy soda, chips, and candy. Had them when I was a kid too.

This is so not important, but I remember a controversy about flouride in a city I used to live in and it made me go look it up. Turns out that they add flouride to the water in every city I have ever lived in and I must be really bored to have spent time researching that! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 7

That’s not true (at least where I live) l live in Oregon and my town and some surrounding cities have fluoride in the water. (I live just outside city limits, on a well so don’t have fluoride in my water.)

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.