Fathering Autism #26 Over-buying & drinkin'.. What the hell are they thinkin'?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Abbie didnt show any emotion during that school parade. I wonder if she realized what was going.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
40 year olds of today are different than those back in the day. I personally don't see anything wrong with having interests in whatever you like regardless if it's age-appropriate or not. As long as you aren't hurting anyone else and it's not interfering with your ability to lead your life. If it makes you happy, I think it's good. I've always thought it's a bit silly that just because you've lived a certain number of years that you have to stop being interested in things that make you happy.
Hell yeah! My husband, who's 12 years older than me (but still manages to look younger, the bastard) is a bit of a gamer. Back when money wasn't so tight, we got all the kawaii subscription boxes which were totally for the kids and not for me at all. And my twin sister loves cosplay (she makes all her own outfits, prosthetics, etc.) So my experience of people my age is that we're a very playful bunch - gotta handle the stress somehow!

• Heart
Hell yeah! My husband, who's 12 years older than me (but still manages to look younger, the bastard) is a bit of a gamer. Back when money wasn't so tight, we got all the kawaii subscription boxes which were totally for the kids and not for me at all. And my twin sister loves cosplay (she makes all her own outfits, prosthetics, etc.) So my experience of people my age is that we're a very playful bunch - gotta handle the stress somehow!
I think that's awesome!! There's so much in this world that's crappy and wears us down. You need to get happiness where ever you can find it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
A sophomore in high school? She goes to a special needs school for her IDD.

(that was my comment!)
I copied & pasted

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
What grade level she would be based on her age... yes, her physical age is 15 years old... her mental age is NOT. I know this is a sore spot for y'all, A&P. The reason there are no grades at her school is BECAUSE their mental ages don't match up to their physical ones!

I wonder who reached out to who concerning the bracelets. Piggy showed 2 bracelets she ordered from them on a previous vlog saying she found the company on tik tok. Now suddenly they send 2 additional bracelets for Assa and Isaiah.
Either way I hope the company does well and succeeds regardless of any association with the MaasSquad.
THIS, all of this. That was my first thought when I saw the vlog.

Reactions: 5
I didn't mean that to sound bad. lol Sorry. Just on this particular topic this is how I feel. As I said, as long as it isn't hurting anyone else or interfering in their ability to lead their lives - I don't see an issue here. Yeah they do have some 'younger' interests but I wouldn't say no adult interests at all just because the younger ones exist or are more prominent. I don't like to WK for these two and I'm not doing it now, just expressing how I feel. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Like I said, I don't believe in having to give up something that makes you happy just because ''that's not what 40 year olds do.''

No, their relationship w. Summer is not healthy. But not because they can relate to her on a younger level at times. They have unhealthy boundary issues with her as well as using her for their own gains. That's not to do with being able to relate to her on a younger level tho.
And I agree. The difference with them is that they don't have any other interests, activities or even careers...no healthy balance. But as far as Summer goes, their behavior has everything to do with that unhealthy relationship. They are the textbook definition of grooming. They are fun. They praise her. They get her. Love her. All the things predators do to earn the trust of their prey. They saw an opportunity for free respite years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
And I agree. The difference with them is that they don't have any other interests, activities or even careers...no healthy balance. But as far as Summer goes, their behavior has everything to do with that unhealthy relationship. They are the textbook definition of grooming. They are fun. They praise her. They get her. Love her. All the things predators do to earn the trust of their prey. They saw an opportunity for free respite years ago.
Very good points and I agree with you. In addition to using her for free respite, I think there is also a case of transference with Summer. She's their surrogate NT daughter that they can do ''all the things'' with that they can't do with Abigail. There is loads of fucked-upness with their relationship with her.
My last time speaking up for them in this case, altho at the same time I'm not. lol... I just try to see all sides of things and acknowledge them. Priscilla is interested in the Jaguars, jewelry, makeup, and clothes which technically yes could be considered younger interests but I know of a whole lot of adult women who are interested in those things as well. Asa is interested in photography and used to be more interested in mechanic type stuff but that kind of went out the window when decided to focus more on being popular on YT. Do they have a healthy balance of things - no. They definitely lean more to the unhealthy side.

Reactions: 8
I knew it! They went to their PO Box. I bet 🦖 is hoping the leghumpers send graduation gifts to her and Isiah. (Because he alone didnxt graduate in her eyes.)
Screenshot_20200531-192553_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I’m 52 and still play with my adult children. I figure it’s great exercise. And I love spending time with my “ kids”..

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes because she surfs, rides a bike, and crosses the street all on her own.

Anyone notice when that lady told A about Abbie crossing the street she said we saw Abbie coming so WE STOPPED. So if that was a normal driver that wasn’t expecting a disabled kid or any kid for that matter to be in that house she probably would have gotten hit. She didn’t look for the cars she looked because of all the noise they were making. And yet she still went even thought cars were approaching, because she had no concept of what she’s been taught in the past. And come on she ran for the golf cart not for P.

They need to pull their delusional heads out of their fat asses about that one because she didn’t get hit because those people saw Abbie and stopped. Next time she might not be so lucky.

And their followers are becoming cult like buying into the bull crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Seriously, all kidding aside, are these people living in the real world. This Humper honestly believes Abbie is gonna go to college???
I order from a few places that are similar to the bracelet company but soaps and cookies. These adults are all high functioning and some do attend programs at accredited colleges. These adults are the faces of their companies. They give interviews and do promotion .

Assa has to wake up and smell the Dunkin, Abbie will never ever attend any of this type of program.
This ship is sinking fast. Abbies cuteness is fading fast and it seems like her meltdowns and tantrums are getting worse.
She will always need one on one help and that's not a bad thing, the bad thing is A&P still throwing out the false narrative of "lifeskills" and "independence".
Just accept her for who she is already and stop confusing and frustrating her.
IMO

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My bad. I'm in my 40s...so not sure what " back in the day" means....but these are two people witn no adult interests. I guess their relationship with Summer is healthy. Just a couple of friends having fun.
I love you RQ but theres no way their relationship with Summer is healthy. JMO

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.