Fathering Autism #24 Pullups, messy hair and dirty feet. Hambeasts can’t parent but they sho can eat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First of all, any OT that pulls the whole 'oh, but he does it with us!' card is a tit OT. Especially if they don't allow their sessions to be taped.

Regarding writing, I am about to bombard you with questions - I apologize in advance, but OTs and our methods vary so wildly depending on region, school board, private therapist, etc. For his writing - are you using any grippers with the pencils? If no, or if just basic ones, try a CLAW or a Twist-n-Write (although this one might be a bid advanced for him yet). NuMuvs aren't bad either, but they are a little bit pricier and not as attractive to kids, I find. I like HandiWriters, too but tend to use them a little farther down the learning-to-write street.

Regarding cutting, what kind of scissors are being used? Just regular safety scissors or spring scissors or easi-grips? Easi-Grip makes a mini version of their scissors for kids and I LOVE them - I've had lots of success. Springs are good too, but aren't as user friendly in terms of safety (imo). For cutting material - what kind of paper is he cutting? Just regular, construction, bristol, newsprint, magazine? What are they getting him to cut? Does he follow lines, shapes, a pattern? Or do they just get him to cut randomly? I always prefer to use patterns (just simple lines, corners, circles, etc. in the beginning) because it gives an actual visual cue as to where to go next - saves some processing time.

In terms of holding the paper, I have used a lot of different things in the past - rubber finger tips, sticky tack, tongs (these come in lots of cool colors and shapes to try - you can often get kits with slightly different grips, etc.) All of this stuff can be found online from a variety of different stores - I just didn't know if I was allowed to link stuff.
I need to figure out how to private message you to ask where you work because WOW. Please tell me you're in CA?

So AFAIK no grippers were used he did palmar grasp or normal grasp he switches between which to me signals hand fatigue.His OT sucks but I cannot switch because she was brand new to his case and then covid happened. She doesn't even email me what to have ready for his teletherapy. So annoying.

For his writing - are you using any grippers with the pencils? No

If no, or if just basic ones, try a CLAW or a Twist-n-Write (although this one might be a bid advanced for him yet). NuMuvs aren't bad either, but they are a little bit pricier and not as attractive to kids, I find. I like HandiWriters, too but tend to use them a little farther down the learning-to-write street.- Girl I am on it.

Regarding cutting, what kind of scissors are being used? Regular safety scissors are used. He will cut correctly but after a while go to using two hands again I said hand fatigue and they said he seems to have normal strength. He is about to be 5. I'
m going to add easigrip to my shopping cart for him/

For cutting material - what kind of paper is he cutting?- so he did a lot of line cutting and squares on regular paper. At home I do a mix of regular printing paper where I print shapes or construction paper. We've even cut playdough at home because he likes to make spaghetti so I thought hey lets use them here

Ialways prefer to use patterns (just simple lines, corners, circles, etc. in the beginning) because it gives an actual visual cue as to where to go next - saves some processing time.- hedoes GREAT and lines but when it is a shape he sometimes doesn't turn ie the circle. Now with mommy OT his squares are getting there as are rectangles. Triangles are for some odd reason trickier for him? The diagonal lines. Circles forget it it isn't working and he is getting upset. I wonder if he has midline issues? I'm spouting tit though because sll of this is google degree since his OT isn't the best she seems taken aback by my questions and again can't even respond to emails what activities to do. We colored for 30 minutes on teletherapy once! He needs a lot of input crashes and jumps etc and she ignores his sensory system.

In terms of holding the paper, I have used a lot of different things in the past - rubber finger tips, sticky tack, tongs (these come in lots of cool colors and shapes to try - you can often get kits with slightly different grips, etc.) All of this stuff can be found online from a variety of different stores - I just didn't know if I was allowed to link stuff.--- this is genius his OT just said he hasn't figured it out and to keep prompting or helping him turn it but I feel he is capable of so much more if the expectations are there. Yes he has some real deficits but he's only 4.... let's not put a cap on what he can do(no IDD) and just shoot for challenging him until he can't? His self care is off the charts this kid dresses, undresses, zips his own including connecting, blows his own nose etc etc
You are a godsend!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Definitely wasn’t A’s MO. He’s more of the jump down your throat or just delete the comment when you say something he doesn’t like or want up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Some pointed this out long ago, but who ever takes any facial product & rub it vigorously into their hands first, then attacks their face with their hands...rubbing & pulling! It’s like watching her apply soap that needs suds’ing up first & onto a basketball (her face). So turned off by the brand watching her. Any healthy & classy ‘Lamelife’ women not connected to her team must be cringing so hard & embarrassed!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Seriously you're going to make me ugly cry you just gave me so much info I feel like I've been begging for for two months since the shut down and honestly a little before then too.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
And thats why he got Becca involved again cuz he couldn't handle it and hated all of our critism, lol. GO TATTLERS! And now he expects her to do all the things he couldn't. Wear a mask?? Omg. Put and keep a tie in her hair? Aint happening.
But really, how many more days of school are left, one or two weeks?

Reactions: 6
Some pointed this out long ago, but who ever takes any facial product & rub it vigorously into their hands first, then attacks their face with their hands...rubbing & pulling! It’s like watching her apply soap that needs suds’ing up first & onto a basketball (her face). So turned off by the brand watching her. Any healthy & classy ‘Lamelife’ women not connected to her team must be cringing so hard & embarrassed!

She can’t apply lipstick correctly you think she know’s anything about facial products. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I dunno...but they're REALLY there!!
😂😂😂

🐖 is getting in on the act.
I wonder if she's been tattle-spanked.
😂😂
So if she's progressed you would think they would show us, we see repeated prompting, her signing for food, more prompting.

So if she's progressed you would think they would show us, we see repeated prompting, her signing for food, more prompting.
Yes!!
But her smart assed answer to that is...just because you don't see it doesn't mean they're not doing it.
Gah, she's disgusting.
IMO.

• Heart
She usually does that in the morning or whenever they get around to it during school as a “life skill”
How do you know? Based on the vlog, he had to ask Ab if she wanted to use the velcro pics to brush her teeth. Everything seemed like a new approach w/ teaching her. Even the face care was discussed like it was a new procedure. Her teeth are never brushed properly & not flossing is NOT ok.

Her 2 front teeth looked terribly pushed in from her tight top lip in yesterday’s vlog. I can’t see them lasting very long.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This one bugged me.
Who is the "we" in "we all worked together"
Why not just say "Asa and I worked on this..", because Summer sleeps in the shack. So "we all" once again must include Isaiah chasing her down.
And better yet, if they managed to get her to keep her clothing on at night after 14 years, why cant they stop her from stripping in the pool? Or the bathrooms?
Not buying it.

1589681843505.png

• Heart
So, more and more I am seeing the truth in what the folks say on this site. I wasn’t sure that the Maases read the comments on this site (they should) as there are some really intelligent people here. But...they are letting Sandy out of the cage more at least so we can see her... and today....did my ears deceive me? Did they send Abbie back to her room to do her loud yelling? And then Asa and Isaiah stood around bullshitting about how it’s not to block her stimming or something....blah blah blah...
Why can’t you idiots just be real for once in your lives? You send her to the room because the yelling is driving you crazy? Frankly, she should be gated into her room a couple times daily for a hour just to give everyone a break, including her. Would she destroy her room? Maybe she’d just listen to music, yell, and take a nap.

I didn’t even finish the blog tonight. Something on TV was frankly more interesting. John Wayne.

The bird feeder thing was sad but predictable. And it has to be changed pretty often as it gets rancid and the bugs get into it. Much better for the birds if it is sugar and water in a 1:4 ratio. But good luck watching them keep up with fresh hummingbird food. Ain’t going to happen. The red dye is not good for the birds, the humpers might have told Assa.

The tooth brushing is the same as years ago. Abby stands there and Asa brushes her teeth. She either gags or makes half hearted attempts. That’s it.

She’s never going to hold a job! Who in the world believes that? She has a few seconds of attention, and needs constant supervision. Her “room cleaning” consists of Abbie maybe picking up a couple pillows with Asa’s constant prompts. If it continues too long she melts down (tantrums). Given any task...she looks around, rarely actually looks at the object, and constantly grunts or groans. Oh, then she runs off.

The good news about that $1000 tricycle is that whoever has to push and guide Abbie while she sits on the trike gets exercise. Not Abbie. Might be more successful to take a bamboo pole and hang her favorite candy from it, then place the candy hanging from the pole in front of her to get her to run, walk, etc. You get the picture.

Oh and Summer hanging out with Becca? She’s not jealous. She’s just as desperate as Abbie to see someone other than the Maases. What a breath of fresh air to hang out with her for a while. I frankly don’t know how she doesn’t go crazy being cooped up with those people for 2 months. I’d have PTSD. Becca's just lucky she can go home.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
But really, how many more days of school are left, one or two weeks?
JSA actually has summer clinic options. So they could be sending her the few weeks they are open so she doesn’t regress and keeps her routine. But I believe then that would interfere with a convention and probably some sort of free vacation they scammed. Plus let’s not forget that during the school year she’s pretty much late daily. And why drive her to school during the summer when we can dump her at camp and go on vacation without her too. Let’s not forget they do that too.

Reactions: 15
How do you know? Based on the vlog, he had to ask Ab if she wanted to use the velcro pics to brush her teeth. Everything seemed like a new approach w/ teaching her. Even the face care was discussed like it was a new procedure. Her teeth are never brushed properly & not flossing is NOT ok.

Her 2 front teeth looked terribly pushed in from her tight top lip in yesterday’s vlog. I can’t see them lasting very long.
What does that mean? How do I know? Because I watch the vlog? Of course I don’t *know* if they bathe her every day, but they give her a shower in the mornings now. And he’s talked about just waiting to have during “school” since they have to mark she’s working on hygiene anyway.
the Velcro things for tooth brushing they made awhile ago before the move. I know that from the vlog as well. The face washing I think was just for a photo op for her lipstick mama page.

Reactions: 4
Seriously you're going to make me ugly cry you just gave me so much info I feel like I've been begging for for two months since the shut down and honestly a little before then too.
Aw, babe! I'm so happy I could help! And trust me, you are doing an awesome job being so proactive for your little guy. I love working with parents like you - way too many of my clients over the years have been exactly like A&P and refuse to do any follow through at home. Just keep encouraging and gently challenging your son while trying different techniques and there's no doubt in my mind he'll continue to progress. And he's only 4 - he's got lots of time!

I would definitely look into doing some hand exercises, though, particularly gripping and pinching with a stress ball, and touching his thumb to each of his fingers (like making an 'o'). His OT might say his hand strength is okay, but writing especially uses very specific muscles and fatigue is very common.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Are there healthy and classy Slimelife women?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Summer has filthy feet too. :sick: 😂 😂 😂

View attachment 131938
I wouldn't sit on that couch if you paid me.

She did. But, earlier in the vlog Asa makes a big deal over the dogs eating the chicken tit fertilizer and what does Big P do? Let that damn Sandy jump all over her and then grab her face and rub all over the tit eating dog.
What part of "the dog is eating the chicken tit" did she not understand??
Nasty heifer.
None of them seemed to care when Abbie was eating the potting soil. I'm surprised he cares about the dogs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
This one bugged me.
Who is the "we" in "we all worked together"
Why not just say "Asa and I worked on this..", because Summer sleeps in the shack. So "we all" once again must include Isaiah chasing her down.
And better yet, if they managed to get her to keep her clothing on at night after 14 years, why cant they stop her from stripping in the pool? Or the bathrooms?
Not buying it.

View attachment 131980
Omg Pig....how obvious you are trying to get everyone to believe you give 2 shits about her. Did Asshole make that sentence up for you? You guys couldnt even handle teaching her basic stuff so you got Becca back, lol.

• Heart
  • Haha
Why is Summer all of a sudden butting in and teaching Abbie colors...in the pool? I wonder if Dummer is jealous of Becca.. she seems really clingy on Abbie.
Because her claim to fame is that she is Ab,s bff. She’s a spotlight hog.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.