Fathering Autism #24 Pullups, messy hair and dirty feet. Hambeasts can’t parent but they sho can eat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I often wonder if someone from JSA has watched these vlogs to see how little they are doing with Abbie. My fear is that they turn a blind eye to it because it is guarenteed tuition paid. Tuition isn't cheap.
I'm sure they had some idea of how little they do with her at home even before this. I was kind of shocked that they haven't done any of the things she was doing at school at home even before the quarantine. Seems like they should have been doing exactly what the school has her do.. at home to reinforce what she might learn at school.

They really had no idea what and how they were teaching her at school..

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I often wonder if someone from JSA has watched these vlogs to see how little they are doing with Abbie. My fear is that they turn a blind eye to it because it is guarenteed tuition paid. Tuition isn't cheap.
That's what I was saying in my post above.
They are all getting paid so who cares if they tell the truth on IEPs.
Well...hate to break it to them...but for one, I care.
It's my tax money that pays Medicaid and I have close friends in Duval county and all over Florida, who pay taxes that go to the Florida Department of Education.
That is who gives out the McKay Scholarships.
I want that tit investigated.
Somebody is lying somewhere.
Abbie is incapable of doing much more than showing up, raising hell, and stripping naked.
There is no way in hell she is "meeting goals". It would be nearly impossible.
Unless the goals were those 3 things I listed above.
IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm sure they had some idea of how little they do with her at home even before this. I was kind of shocked that they haven't done any of the things she was doing at school at home even before the quarantine. Seems like they should have been doing exactly what the school has her do.. at home to reinforce what she might learn at school.

Exactly. Neither of them have real jobs so I’m not understanding why we rarely saw any of Abbies school work.

What we saw was a scavenger hunt, her pointing to things from grocery store ads, a few morning exercises, matching dirty used shoes and matching colors. I don’t think they ever had her doing school work except for what was shown in the vlog.

Reactions: 11
Thinking about how they straight up lied to JSA when discussing Abbie's IEP.
I would love to see a copy of her IEP.
My opinion is, the school and all the therapists have been lying on them in order to continue getting the scholarship dollars and so Medicaid and possibly private insurance will pay for their "services".
I realize I will never personally be privy to this inside information, but I do think it's possible to at least have someone else who has authority over these things have a closer look at the paperwork to check that it's all legit.
😁
I don't doubt it for a second. My kiddo has fine motor delays but not "serious enough." He is in private OT. They have him writing in marker and not pencil. During lockdown he is more willing to try to write with me and I got him on a pencil. He is now inconsistently using pressure but it is better than before. They said he mastered cutting paper but he doesn't consistently turn the paper and now that I have him 100% of the time I wish I wasn't so naive when they said well he does this here when I said at home he doesn't always hold the paper. just so many things but my son is little and prek still. I sometimes feel like they push tit under the rug. he isn't fully communicating and so I can't ask him.I adore his teacher and many kids are lower functioning in his class but come on man he was/is capable of more but was not being pushed and I feel like an idiot thinking he was thriving and to just focus on speech therapy, outside Ot and my other kid more than the fine motor

I emailed his prek teacher because I noticed he is trying to read and how to teach a special needs kids reading and she was surprised?!?!?! HELLO?! He has scattered skills he is just memorizing words vs phonics and I still don't know how to teach him to read or sound out words. Whatever I'm so tired and done.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

And thats why he got Becca involved again cuz he couldn't handle it and hated all of our critism, lol. GO TATTLERS! And now he expects her to do all the things he couldn't. Wear a mask?? Omg. Put and keep a tie in her hair? Aint happening.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Exactly. Neither of them have real jobs so I’m not understanding why we rarely saw any of Abbies school work.

What we saw was a scavenger hunt, her pointing to things from grocery store ads, a few morning exercises, matching dirty used shoes and matching colors. I don’t think they ever had her doing school work except for what was shown in the vlog.
Because Abbie can't do "school work".
IMO.
Those scavenger hunts and that other BS "school work" was, I believe, stuff they had to do in order for JSA to keep getting the scholarship money.
The Department of Education in Florida seems to hold the private schools to a pretty strict accountability standard as far as the homeschooling thing goes, in order to keep getting scholarship money.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
And thats why he got Becca involved again cuz he couldn't handle it and hated all of our critism, lol. GO TATTLERS! And now he expects her to do all the things he couldn't. Wear a mask?? Omg. Put and keep a tie in her hair? Aint happening.
Oh and potty training he mentioned too. That I gotta see.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Has anyone noticed that they haven't shown the squeezing since we discussed it here? They also have pretty much stopped showing the violent rocking in the car.. that was discussed here as well.

Oh and potty training he mentioned too. That I gotta see.
Becca is going to work on potty training with Abbie?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I don't doubt it for a second. My kiddo has fine motor delays but not "serious enough." He is in private OT. They have him writing in marker and not pencil. During lockdown he is more willing to try to write with me and I got him on a pencil. He is now inconsistently using pressure but it is better than before. They said he mastered cutting paper but he doesn't consistently turn the paper and now that I have him 100% of the time I wish I wasn't so naive when they said well he does this here when I said at home he doesn't always hold the paper. just so many things but my son is little and prek still. I sometimes feel like they push tit under the rug. he isn't fully communicating and so I can't ask him.I adore his teacher and many kids are lower functioning in his class but come on man he was/is capable of more but was not being pushed and I feel like an idiot thinking he was thriving and to just focus on speech therapy, outside Ot and my other kid more than the fine motor

I emailed his prek teacher because I noticed he is trying to read and how to teach a special needs kids reading and she was surprised?!?!?! HELLO?! He has scattered skills he is just memorizing words vs phonics and I still don't know how to teach him to read or sound out words. Whatever I'm so tired and done.
You know, I never even considered this could just be standard operating procedures for schools and therapists in the world of Special Needs Education.
Lie to get paid and fuk the rest of ya.
It makes perfect sense.
Who would question it?
Thank you for your insight.
My concerns were just the tip of the iceberg apparently.
Sheesh.
Very disturbing.
IMO.

Reactions: 9
Well we saw the nighttime routine today. I didnt hear about any bath or shower ......

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Fact is she’s never going to be independent and she’s never going to get a job. Even for special needs she won’t qualify. She can’t work independently or do anything on her own and none of the places that hire these adults are looking for the ones you need to constantly supervise. You can’t have someone that is unstable while left alone that will hurt a customer or destroy something. Even a night shift she can hurt others and destroy property. Harsh but reality.

So really school is just expensive busy time right now. She should be learning more about things that help her in her daily life consistently. Things that she will actually use. But I think JSA knows where she’s at and shouldn’t be in that class but they were afraid to tell A&P since they are very quick to sue. We have all seen A in action and I think they rather let him get his way than deal with his temper tantrum. So I think that’s why they put her in that advanced class for 9th grade and not kept on the skills she really needed.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I hope that Isaiah watches the Class of 2020 “Graduate Together“ special showing on most of the US networks. I don’t have a grad in my family, but I enjoy watching. Congrats to all the grads!

Reactions: 12
Well we saw the nighttime routine today. I didnt hear about any bath or shower ......
Who needs a bath or shower when you can wash your face with overpriced crap soap and then rub overpriced crap lotion all over your face, arms and legs?
Oh and dirty feet!!!
😁😁

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Did Priscilla touch Abbie's feet??
She did. But, earlier in the vlog Asa makes a big deal over the dogs eating the chicken tit fertilizer and what does Big P do? Let that damn Sandy jump all over her and then grab her face and rub all over the tit eating dog.
What part of "the dog is eating the chicken tit" did she not understand??
Nasty heifer.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She did. But, earlier in the vlog Asa makes a big deal over the dogs eating the chicken tit fertilizer and what does Big P do? Let that damn Sandy jump all over her and then grab her face and rub all over the tit eating dog.
What part of "the dog is eating the chicken tit" did she not understand??
Nasty heifer.
I thought she did. Yeah i thought it was gross that P touched Sandy's face after eating the fertilizer ewww

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.