Fathering Autism #23 Bike riding dreams & delusional wishes. Potty training is too hard, just do the dishes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think so either. It’s guaranteed money right? Because of the lawsuit? Also someone said they are friendly with the owners, not sure how true that is.

They seem to have placement requirements though

1. Fill out the online Inquiry Form. This inquiry seeks to gain knowledge of the student on a personal level, and what concerns and goals the parent is seeking.
  2. The Inquiry Form is reviewed to determine if there is a matching space in the program.
  3. Tour invitation. If a match is determined, JSA will invite the family in for a tour. Tours are by invitation only, not by request. JSA chooses who to bring in for a tour by comparing the child and the parental goals to the availability in the program.
  4. Information gathering. After the tour, an intake assessment is completed if Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services are provided. If everyone is in agreement on a course of action, enrollment paperwork is completed through TADS, our online portal that streamlines admission, enrollment and tuition. We may request the following documentation:
    • Current IEP (Individualized Education Plan)
    • Recent assessments (VB-MAPP, ABLLS-R, AFLLS, etc.), Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) treatment plans with goals and current progress on goals
    • Past behavior plans and reports from current SLP/OT/PT
    • Any other documentation that states current development level relating to language, communication, and/or behaviors
  5. Final decision. JSA will provide intake evaluation results and review any available IEPs to determine eligibility and proper class placement. Please allow at least one month for JSA to notify you of your placement prospects.”
JSA is paid for partly with taxpayer money in the form of what is referred to as a McKay Scholarship.
The Florida Department of Public Instruction handles these scholarships.
Any remaining balance is paid for by the parents.
The McKay Scholarship is NOT income based.
The lawsuit money was gone years ago. I don't think they were awarded a huge amount. The lawyers probably made out better or as well as the Massives.
That's how those things usually go.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I doubt JSA wants to lose Abbies tuition. I wonder if Abbie is one of the lowest functioning at JSA?

Also.. looks like Becca is back based on P's instagram story today. I guess they will be getting more help with Abbie and Summer will have another person to giggle with.

Its been 2 days since they gave Abbie the bike? I'm surprised they dont have more instagram pics of Ab riding around the neighborhood.. lol.
I think they gave it to her Saturday, after P went shopping for all the Mothers Day grub....and we havent seen her tearful reunion with Mommy vlog yet either...bet thats tonight.

Is Floridas Stay at Home order over?

Reactions: 5
To clarify once again.
I never said CPS should take Abbie.
I am very aware of the restraints and or limitations or guidelines that CPS must operate under.
My post was not meant to be inflammatory.
I am not a troll.
It was my opinion.
A random thought about what if...
What if there were just some way to get these hambeasts to follow through. To just do better!!!
Please re-read my posts and replies.
I don't want to be mischaracterized.
Thank you all.
I got it right away hotographer.

I so hope you're right.
They usually put them out two to three days after they film to give him time to edit out all the bits he doesn’t want us to see

• Heart
That isn't what I meant at all. I am frustrated that DCF doesn't do more. I'd be in a different spot right now if they did.

Sadly, DCF in Florida has no "teeth" to encourage a family to do better at following through and just doing a better job over all. I wish they did. It is like watching a trainwreck to watch A&P not do what needs to be done. I'm pretty sure that people who know them from school and in home care see it too, but they are equally powerless.
Exactly.
People are powerless.
The ones who want to do the right thing.
My post was about what if...a dream...an original idea.. to possibly address a way to give power to those who want to help.
Sometimes I use a lot of words to try to get my point across. I don't have the gift of writing short to the point posts sometimes.
Thanks for your reply.

I think they gave it to her Saturday, after P went shopping for all the Mothers Day grub....and we havent seen her tearful reunion with Mommy vlog yet either...bet thats tonight.

Is Floridas Stay at Home order over?
I think they are in phase 1 like most states.
So it's party time at the Massives!!!
10 people or less.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I guess they too my threat seriously about posting a good birthday message for Abigail.

Reactions: 4
JSA is paid for partly with taxpayer money in the form of what is referred to as a McKay Scholarship.
The Florida Department of Public Instruction handles these scholarships.
Any remaining balance is paid for by the parents.
The McKay Scholarship is NOT income based.
The lawsuit money was gone years ago. I don't think they were awarded a huge amount. The lawyers probably made out better or as well as the Massives.
That's how those things usually go.
Edit: I found updated info

2017-18
IEP Average Scholarship Amount
$8,170

504 Average Scholarship Amount
$4,614

8k is nothing when tuition cost is in the 25k-35k range.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’m not sure how recent this information is but,

“According to the Florida Department of Education’s School Choice website, McKay scholarships for IEP students ranged from $4,395 to $19,105, with an average amount of $7,019. The average amount for students with a 504 Plan was $3,97”

$7,000 is nothing if tuition is well off in the 20k-35k range.
I would guess Abbie gets the maximum amount.
There is a chart somewhere that tells how the amount is figured.
Glancing at it, it seemed shes one of the few that get the 19K.
But who knows.
They can afford the tuition that isn't covered by the free money.
They get that amount per month in Patreon donations alone.
IMO

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don’t think so either. It’s guaranteed money right? Because of the lawsuit? Also someone said they are friendly with the owners, not sure how true that is.
having worked in a JSA like facility, they get very upset when they lose a client and the financials attached to that child. They’ll do what they can to recoup the lost financials by amping up their referrals so they can recoup money and then some. It’s all about a company’s bottom line and profit. No profit no raises for us workers who deal with the abbie‘s of the world day in and day out

Reactions: 9
I would guess Abbie gets the maximum amount.
There is a chart somewhere that tells how the amount is figured.
Glancing at it, it seemed shes one of the few that get the 19K.
But who knows.
They can afford the tuition that isn't covered by the free money.
They get that amount per month in Patreon donations alone.
IMO
I went and found their patreon. They currently have 506 patrons and four tiers- it doesnt say what they make, but if everyone is on the highest tier, they could be making 12, 650 monthly before patreon and paypal take their cuts (PayPal takes a processing fee, iirc?)

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I went and found their patreon. They currently have 506 patrons and four tiers- it doesnt say what they make, but if everyone is on the highest tier, they could be making 12, 650 monthly before patreon and paypal take their cuts (PayPal takes a processing fee, iirc?)
Exactly.

It’s sad that they can find all kinds of money for Abbie’s school , which to be honest is never going to amount to much more than her being the way she is now but they won’t pay for Isaiah who will benefit enormously from a good education.
How do they justify that to him. Hasn’t this girl had enough money spent on her, surely they should be supporting the son who is fully capable of further education, not a daughter who has most likely reached her capacity.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Exactly.
People are powerless.
The ones who want to do the right thing.
My post was about what if...a dream...an original idea.. to possibly address a way to give power to those who want to help.
Sometimes I use a lot of words to try to get my point across. I don't have the gift of writing short to the point posts sometimes.
Thanks for your reply.

I think they are in phase 1 like most states.
So it's party time at the Massives!!!
10 people or less.
Wow.....we're in phase 1. (Ohio) Stores are starting to reopen, restaurants open with big restrictions next week, etc....but we're still under a stay at home order. Yes we can go out a bit more, but not with people we havent been sheltering with. Must be nice to be a Maass. Think they have their own rules. LOL

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just got a notification from FA. Today’s vlog - “Saved Mother’s Day”

Reactions: 6

Tonight's vlog 12.4.20
What a bleeping tit show. He makes me so angry being cavalier about catching corona, people are losing their lives and he has such an arrogant attitude. Makes me want to Punch his lights out.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.