Fathering Autism #23 Bike riding dreams & delusional wishes. Potty training is too hard, just do the dishes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too! 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩
Last night's vlog was filmed on Sunday. Its Abbie's actual birthday today. So I guess it will be them taking A out on her bike? Or more of the same day ie mother's day, where they went to see 🐷 mother? Who knows. Whatever it is, it will be yet another shitshow, I'm sure 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
I've got some predictions for tonight:
- They'll take her out for food, as usual - possibly to that Mexican restaurant where they sing "Happy Birthday" to her and play Mariachi music. Instead of just letting her enjoy the music, they may force that stupid sombrero on her like they did the last time.
-She may receive a few more unhealthy gifts, like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cookies and Candy. You can bet Cilla's obese parents will give her crap to eat, on top of all the other other crap she consumes on a daily basis.

I predict this family will be broke or on a significantly reduced income within 5 years.
Statistically, most lottery winners declare bankruptcy within 5 years.
When the Maas family started raking in cash on YouTube, they won a lottery of sorts.
Clearly, they aren't handling their money very well, from the endless purchasing sprees of status symbols to the daily eating out, to the 15-20 bag/per day or two day grocery hauls.

When their time comes, they'll have egg all over their faces.
Imagine having to move out of their current more upscale neighbourhood back to an apartment or small house because you can't afford anything else. They'll have to sell many of their fancier things to keep themselves afloat.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I love that bike, it is adorable and I would totally ride it. But I would never, ever pay that much. Why didn't they get her a used one? Without hand brakes? I have seen them at bike shops and people rode them around here. The way the spend, spend, spend drives me crazy!

It even bothered me through the computer. They don't seem to know Abbie at all or vlog content is way more important.

I googled used adult trike and found many, many of them for 200 and up. Of course they are less expensive if they do not have hand brakes, The Amish ride them all over Fl.
Fripp

Reactions: 3
I've watched my parents make bad choices where my brother is concerned over the years. It is really hard to watch. They are no where near the level of A&P, but still. In the end, all DCF (Florida's child services) cares about is the most basic of things. Is the person fed, clothed, more or less hygienic, getting medical care, school (where applicable) and the home isn't a complete pigsty. I don't mean that the people who work there don't care. I've met a few who really do. However, they can't hold family accountable for more than that.

As much as I dislike A&P and think they are neglecting Abbie in terms of follow through on therapies and skills, I also don't believe that any placement the state would find for her would be much better. And since that is the case, on the off chance that she was ever removed from the home (eloping and hurting someone, found unattended in an unsafe place) A&P would lawyer up and get her back.

Reactions: 13
I've watched my parents make bad choices where my brother is concerned over the years. It is really hard to watch. They are no where near the level of A&P, but still. In the end, all DCF (Florida's child services) cares about is the most basic of things. Is the person fed, clothed, more or less hygienic, getting medical care, school (where applicable) and the home isn't a complete pigsty. I don't mean that the people who work there don't care. I've met a few who really do. However, they can't hold family accountable for more than that.

As much as I dislike A&P and think they are neglecting Abbie in terms of follow through on therapies and skills, I also don't believe that any placement the state would find for her would be much better. And since that is the case, on the off chance that she was ever removed from the home (eloping and hurting someone, found unattended in an unsafe place) A&P would lawyer up and get her back.
To clarify once again.
I never said CPS should take Abbie.
I am very aware of the restraints and or limitations or guidelines that CPS must operate under.
My post was not meant to be inflammatory.
I am not a troll.
It was my opinion.
A random thought about what if...
What if there were just some way to get these hambeasts to follow through. To just do better!!!
Please re-read my posts and replies.
I don't want to be mischaracterized.
Thank you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I've got some predictions for tonight:
- They'll take her out for food, as usual - possibly to that Mexican restaurant where they sing "Happy Birthday" to her and play Mariachi music. Instead of just letting her enjoy the music, they may force that stupid sombrero on her like they did the last time.
-She may receive a few more unhealthy gifts, like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cookies and Candy. You can bet Cilla's obese parents will give her crap to eat, on top of all the other other crap she consumes on a daily basis.

I predict this family will be broke or on a significantly reduced income within 5 years.
Statistically, most lottery winners declare bankruptcy within 5 years.
When the Maas family started raking in cash on YouTube, they won a lottery of sorts.
Clearly, they aren't handling their money very well, from the endless purchasing sprees of status symbols to the daily eating out, to the 15-20 bag/per day or two day grocery hauls.

When their time comes, they'll have egg all over their faces.
Imagine having to move out of their current more upscale neighbourhood back to an apartment or small house because you can't afford anything else. They'll have to sell many of their fancier things to keep themselves afloat.
I so hope you're right.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
To clarify once again.
I never said CPS should take Abbie.
I am very aware of the restraints and or limitations or guidelines that CPS must operate under.
My post was not meant to be inflammatory.
I am not a troll.
It was my opinion.
A random thought about what if...
What if there were just some way to get these hambeasts to follow through. To just do better!!!
Please re-read my posts and replies.
I don't want to be mischaracterized.
Thank you all.
That isn't what I meant at all. I am frustrated that DCF doesn't do more. I'd be in a different spot right now if they did.

Sadly, DCF in Florida has no "teeth" to encourage a family to do better at following through and just doing a better job over all. I wish they did. It is like watching a trainwreck to watch A&P not do what needs to be done. I'm pretty sure that people who know them from school and in home care see it too, but they are equally powerless.

Reactions: 12
I was never a greedy child, but I remember every Christmas and other holidays I would get two or three things, often with the dollar store tags still on them. And I would have been grateful! But when I saw what my siblings got...

But my siblings would get iPods, bicycles, fancy surround sound systems. And you start wondering why your parents dont like you.
[/QUOTE]
I have always wondered why Asa treats them so differently. I wonder if he resents Isiah because he was(made me marry her baby) but he truly seems obsessed with Abbie. Yes she has more needs but that doesn't make Issiah less because he doesn't. He doesn't even try to hide his favoritism.

Just a little good news for me!
Goin' back to work on Friday
After 2 months of being furloughed
Our restaurant will be up and serving both inside & outside!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
This is the only one Walmart sells under $1000.

It’s now sold out, I imagine a bunch of leghumpers ran out to buy it so they can be like Abbie.
Yesterday it was available for shipping but no known stock in stores.
When I put the same link up yesterday it was available for shipping in both FL and GA. To home or store for delivery June 1 and only sold online so Walmart visit was bogus
Delusional leghumpers

I was never a greedy child, but I remember every Christmas and other holidays I would get two or three things, often with the dollar store tags still on them. And I would have been grateful! But when I saw what my siblings got...

But my siblings would get iPods, bicycles, fancy surround sound systems. And you start wondering why your parents dont like you.
I have always wondered why Asa treats them so differently. I wonder if he resents Isiah because he was(made me marry her baby) but he truly seems obsessed with Abbie. Yes she has more needs but that doesn't make Issiah less because he doesn't. He doesn't even try to hide his favoritism.
[/QUOTE]

Abbie is his cash draw she takes priority.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I so hope you're right.
Good thing for them Florida is renown for its cheaper real estate. If they were in another urban setting, they would be forced into an apartment once finances go South. Very few apartments would tolerate Abbie's constant yelling. At least with a house, when she's indoors, she's only disturbing their family members.

I think in some sense, being in Florida has spoiled them. For an increasing number of families, even renting a reasonably sized home is out of the question. Their older house out in the suburbs would be too expensive by many City standards.

Isaiah may legally be an adult; but physically-speaking, brain development continues on until ones mid-20s. Combine that with the fact he's led an extremely sheltered existence.

I don't know what it is with Florida vloggers in particular - but they seem to return home in greater numbers than vloggers from other regions who leave State. I suppose you could point to the warmer weather; but I think it's more than that.

The Florida vloggers I've seen like Alli Speed, her brother Justin, their friend Wyatt (back in his Gradlife days) and Charles Trippy basically all do the same thing:
visit strip malls
eat out at chain restaurants
drive endlessly
live close to their parents in suburbs
and are the poster children of funding big corporate America (Starbucks, Target, Walmart, Panera, Chick Fil A). Alli is well-travelled though, so I guess she's a bit more outgoing than most.

Whereas, vloggers from other States like say NYC tend to visit museums more, shop in ethnic enclaves more, go to farmer's markets for fresh produce, go to the theatre and what not.

Even with the more interesting things (in my view) Florida has going for it, these vloggers seldom take advantage.

It's the same restaurants over and over and over. It's the same strip malls with the same Target or Walmart. It's the same chintzy furniture you buy from these places with McMansions decorated in a mishmash of tacky accessories by people trying to convey greater wealth than they in fact have. That is what I've seen in most Florida vloggers.

Miami has a bunch of museums, including a children's museum. Also Miami has a Little Havana and Little Haiti. I'm sure the immigrants there have opened up some interesting restaurants with more authentic cuisine. If they wanted to try something new, they could hit up TripAdvisor to see what's available in numerous big centres near them, and aim to try a new place weekly (if they insist on eating out). With the lockdown in effect, I can understand not going right now. But eventually, it will ease up.

Also, various Florida cities still have some intact older theatres like the Florida Theatre in Jacksonville. While they may not take Abbie there, surely Isaiah would love the photography opportunities such an architectural interior would present. But noooo. It's more trips to Dunkin's for these two.

• Heart
Do I think Abbie has the capability to ride a bike, no.....but if I say that I will be met with the response that anything is possible.

So at what point do you separate reality from hope?
Abbie would have to have the capacity for decision making in order to ride. Her ID will never afford her that. She can learn to balance, she can learn to pedal if she develops the strength. But she can never have the capacity to make good decisions for herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I wonder how Asshole's first daughter feels when she sees him spend almost $1,000 on a bike for Abbie! I'm sure she is smart enough to know that she won't ever even be able to ride it independently to! If it was me, I would be pissed!

Reactions: 18
Good thing for them Florida is renown for its cheaper real estate. If they were in another urban setting, they would be forced into an apartment once finances go South. Very few apartments would tolerate Abbie's constant yelling. At least with a house, when she's indoors, she's only disturbing their family members.

I think in some sense, being in Florida has spoiled them. For an increasing number of families, even renting a reasonably sized home is out of the question. Their older house out in the suburbs would be too expensive by many City standards.

Isaiah may legally be an adult; but physically-speaking, brain development continues on until ones mid-20s. Combine that with the fact he's led an extremely sheltered existence.

I don't know what it is with Florida vloggers in particular - but they seem to return home in greater numbers than vloggers from other regions who leave State. I suppose you could point to the warmer weather; but I think it's more than that.

The Florida vloggers I've seen like Alli Speed, her brother Justin, their friend Wyatt (back in his Gradlife days) and Charles Trippy basically all do the same thing:
visit strip malls
eat out at chain restaurants
drive endlessly
live close to their parents in suburbs
and are the poster children of funding big corporate America (Starbucks, Target, Walmart, Panera, Chick Fil A). Alli is well-travelled though, so I guess she's a bit more outgoing than most.

Whereas, vloggers from other States like say NYC tend to visit museums more, shop in ethnic enclaves more, go to farmer's markets for fresh produce, go to the theatre and what not.

Even with the more interesting things (in my view) Florida has going for it, these vloggers seldom take advantage.

It's the same restaurants over and over and over. It's the same strip malls with the same Target or Walmart. It's the same chintzy furniture you buy from these places with McMansions decorated in a mishmash of tacky accessories by people trying to convey greater wealth than they in fact have. That is what I've seen in most Florida vloggers.

Miami has a bunch of museums, including a children's museum. Also Miami has a Little Havana and Little Haiti. I'm sure the immigrants there have opened up some interesting restaurants with more authentic cuisine. If they wanted to try something new, they could hit up TripAdvisor to see what's available in numerous big centres near them, and aim to try a new place weekly (if they insist on eating out). With the lockdown in effect, I can understand not going right now. But eventually, it will ease up.

Also, various Florida cities still have some intact older theatres like the Florida Theatre in Jacksonville. While they may not take Abbie there, surely Isaiah would love the photography opportunities such an architectural interior would present. But noooo. It's more trips to Dunkin's for these two.
You make some very good points. I have only been to the States once and that was to New York for work. However to me Florida is all about the sun and the beaches and the dreaded Disneyland. However they never seem to do the simple things like spending the day on the beach with a picnic. They never go for a walk with the dogs in what I would describe as the countryside - there must be some near them. They seem to frequent ghastly out of town shopping centres never small independent shops. Just a total lack of imagination or sense of adventure. They are just so suburban.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I totally understand your point and agree that being lazy parents and feeding kids junk food is definitely something the Government should stay out of.
Just to be clear...
I was trying to think of a creative idea. A way to help kids like Abbie, but really specifically Abbie, other than CPS.
I was dreaming up what I thought was an effective way to ensure compliance and get help at the same time.
That was the best I could come up with.
😁
I’m not from the US, but what about JSA? Asssa and P are obviously not sticking to the homeschool regulations and doesn’t consider JSA’s need for compliance in order to satisfy the ‘needs’ of Abbie’s place at the school. Could an orchestrated on slaught of comments or complaints to JSA (all of which is in the public view), be enough to raise this matter and if Asewipe doesn’t toe the line and get Summer doing the daily lessons with Ab, he might have to find somewhere to park Ab for 5 hours a day, and her place can go to an actual child with autism?

• Heart
I’m not from the US, but what about JSA? Asssa and P are obviously not sticking to the homeschool regulations and doesn’t consider JSA’s need for compliance in order to satisfy the ‘needs’ of Abbie’s place at the school. Could an orchestrated on slaught of comments or complaints to JSA (all of which is in the public view), be enough to raise this matter and if Asewipe doesn’t toe the line and get Summer doing the daily lessons with Ab, he might have to find somewhere to park Ab for 5 hours a day, and her place can go to an actual child with autism?
I don’t think JSA is overcrowded. How many families can realistically afford $35,000 tuition? Just the assessment, enrollment, and registration fees are $2000.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I don’t think JSA is overcrowded. How many families can realistically afford $35,000 tuition? Just the assessment, enrollment, and registration fees are $2000.
I doubt JSA wants to lose Abbies tuition. I wonder if Abbie is one of the lowest functioning at JSA?

Also.. looks like Becca is back based on P's instagram story today. I guess they will be getting more help with Abbie and Summer will have another person to giggle with.

Its been 2 days since they gave Abbie the bike? I'm surprised they dont have more instagram pics of Ab riding around the neighborhood.. lol.

• Haha
I doubt JSA wants to lose Abbies tuition. I wonder if Abbie is one of the lowest functioning at JSA?
I don’t think so either. It’s guaranteed money right? Because of the lawsuit? Also someone said they are friendly with the owners, not sure how true that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I doubt any of their neighbors want to chance getting hit or bit by Abbie, hell her parents can't even grab her easily, or sued and scammed by Assa for interfering in his daughter's freedom or OMG even worse educated by.the master himself on autism.
My opinion that neighborhood probably hates them with all the look at me things they do and all the yelling
If I were her neighbour and she came running down the road, I would be off back inside the house.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.